PDA

View Full Version : In Search Of A Path (open to those invited, PM for invitation)

Jakob Burton
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:32:20 PM
The hustle and bustle of the passenger freighter echoed in Jake's mind. The scents of countless passengers, all packed closely together on seats, mingled in his nostrils. But while all this did little to Jake, he was still overly nervous. It was the voice....or wasn't the voice. It had been quiet......biding it's time. All it told Jake was to find the library. And that is what Jake was doing. He had an address burned into his mind, but it didn't seem right. It was located in a section of Coruscant that seemed all too familiar. In fact, it was the Block.....the territory in which his old home resided. But that couldn't be a library.....it was demolished when someone leveled the hotel-slash-brothel in which he lived......his handiwork....Rubbing his hands together to bring warmth, for it was a rather cold night, Jake stood as the freighter came to a stop, pulling the hood on his hoodie further down on his head. Taking a few steps out onto the cold platform, he melded down the alleyway, and seemed to vanish from the area. Not too far from the area, Jake started a brisk walk, not registering much.

As he stepped from around a corner, something tripped him again. As he landed on his hands and knees, he looked and saw a stick tangled in his feet.....After a second, Jake saw that the cane was standing near two legs in dress slacks....Funny thing was, he didn't sense or smell anyone.......all Jake could do was look up into the dark, and try to see who it was.....

Teresias Jones
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:51:48 PM
From the darkness comes a familiar hand. It is old, weathered, but contained great strength as it gripped and uprighted Jake with little trouble. A face appears before Jake, a familiar face. A smiling, old, blind man.

"Boy, you young'ins still don't watch yo steps! You might wanna be mo'e careful next time, or you might jes' fall further than expected."

Jake stood there speechless. Taking a step forward, Mr. Jones starts down the alley, turning back in Jake's proper direction.

"If you wanna find the library, it's this way, Jake. I'll lead ya right to it. And yes, I know it's yo ol' neighborhood, but I don't think you could find it with yo eyes.......It might be betta for ya if ya borrow mine. C'mon, my boy."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:08:55 PM
Quay'Na had been concerned for her friend, Jake ever since their talk a few nights back in the garden on the grounds. So concerned that she had been secretly keeping watch over him.

On this particular night, she had even gone to following him. She had put up a good block so his Garou sensing abilities wouldn't pick her up.

Jake wasn't in a very good neighborhood as the Padawan pulled up the hood on her robe. She saw him round a corner and stopped as she heard talking.

Jake was with someone now, who she wasn't exactly sure. But, it was someone who wanted him to follow and soon Quay'Na would follow. It was only a matter of time.

Jakob Burton
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:32:38 PM
Jake, still in shock over the appearance of Mr. Jones, shook his head.

"Jeez, you always show up in the weirdest places.....and you need to watch that cane of your's, Mr. Jones. If I didn't heal so well, I'd have quite a few scrapes from you."

Jake took a few running strides, stopping to get in pace with the blind man, whose pace was quite fast for a blind one.

"So tell me, just what kind of library are we looking for? And how in the world did you know?"

Teresias Jones
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:00:28 PM
"I told ya, boy.....I may be blind, but I do see things. I know that voice in yo head is drivin' ya nuts, but you'll jus' have ta deal with it fo' the moment.....And we are lookin' for a Garou library, Jake. In fact, it was jus' around the corner of where you used to live.....and boy, if you had used more explosives, I mighta had to intervene....but you didn't do any real damage to the library, so it all evened out."

As the old man walked, he began to twirl a coin in his free hand, digging his nail into it from time to time, leaving scars across the head and tail of the coin. Just ahead, several assorted and smelly individuals, homeless, warmed their hands over the flames flickering from a barrel of refuse. One small child held a can out to Mr. Jones, his smile gapped from tooth loss, his cheeks smudged with dirt. Flipping the coin to his cane, Mr. Jones tapped it, making it roll down the cane and into the little boy's cup. It jangled heavily as it landed. The boy smiled, thanking Mr. Jones by that name. Emptying the cup into his hand, the child found several coins instead of one, and each had a different rune carved into it. Mr. Jones smiled, nodding to the others. The boy understood, and began distributing the coins to the others huddled around the fire. Meanwhile, Mr. Jones walked over to another dumpster, pushed flush against the wall. Extending his cane, it suddenly sharpened at the tip, as Mr. Jones carved other runes into the dumpster. After he finished the three lines of runes, he gave the dumpster a whack with his cane. The runes suddenly lit up, revealing the outline of a door inside the large dumpster. The door whoosed open, smelling of fresh air. Mr. Jones offered an open hand in the direction of the door, signaling to Jake.

"After you, my boy."

Chaos Alexander
Oct 25th, 2003, 08:31:00 AM
::The air was think. It was always like that is these big cities. Alexander was at home here. The dirt and the slug that made the groud instead of grass and life. The city was dead in its own right to many people. No grass, trees, few animals. Unlike others, Alexander knew the truth of it. The City was very much alive. YOu just had to look a little closer.

The Garou walked at a fast pase. The bums and homeless eyeing him as he walked further into teh back alleys. The didn't see 'His kind' often. One could not see his body. He had long shoulder pads on with robe over it. There were no spots for arms, but a slip up both ends. Itw as odd because the slip never seemed to poen to show what was under it. He looked like an old school cowboy in many ways.

Jake was starting to worry him. His cousin was acting different. Not that Jake was normal by Alexanders standards, but alot stranger than normal.

He sniffed the air. The other padawan was still following him. he could smell her. Soon he caught up to her. As he moved his combat boots didn't even make a sound. Soon he was only two fett behind her as she watched.::

"I hope you didn't plan on being secretive.......because you do a bit of a sorry job of covering your tracks....."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 25th, 2003, 03:27:52 PM
Quay'Na jumped about a mile and her lightsabre was in her hand in seconds as she whipped around and faced Chaos. "Who are you?" She asked, her heart still pounding. She had been so wrapped up in watching Jakob, she hadn't even sensed him behind her. Not good, she'd have to remember that.

"I'm...I'm just looking out for a friend, if you don't mind. It has nothing to do with you." She told him flatly, still waiting to know who he was.

Chaos Alexander
Oct 26th, 2003, 07:16:21 PM
"I would put that away if I were you. I would not like having to take it out myself........"

::He looked her over real quick. From the looks of her, odds were he was faster, and stronger. Even if he wasn't it would not matter. The former Sith Lord was a skilled killer. He was Dalethria's prime assasin for a long time. As a Jedi he was no less lethal. All the Jedi knew all the lives he had taken. He was teh MAster mind behind the Garish civil war that killed millions on the planet. Any Jedi that knew anything about the Sith have heard about him and his family.::

"I am Chaos Alexander Dawnstrider. Son of Jedi Master Verse Dawnstrider and Sith Warrior Dae Jinn. Brother to Xazor. I am Jakes cousin also. I am a Jedi Padawan currently, and I also don't like being threatened. Jake speaks highly of you....but I am not impressed. Do you even notice anythign odd about this place?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 26th, 2003, 07:29:19 PM
Quay'Na relaxed and put her weapon back on her belt. "Sorry about that, Chaos. Yes, it's crawling with Garou, such as yourself. That is if I'm correct. I'm connected to nature within the Force and able to sense animal instincts. Obviously, I was a bit pre-occupied with Jake to...notice yours. I'm very concerned for him, he's not been...himself lately and I wanted to help. That's all." She looked back to where Jake was and sighed deeply. He was gone.

Jakob Burton
Oct 26th, 2003, 07:57:04 PM
Jake, shocked by the display of Mr. Jones, stands there for a few moments, taking in all he had seen. A perfectly normal dumpster became a door.....and this was the way to a library...... Finally, after coming back from his shock, Jake walks into the darkness. Just behind him, the door seals, leaving him alone.

But, just as he tries to acclimate himself to the darkness, the room becomes lit, but from no particular source. Jake peers into the room, and is shocked yet again. The room was massive, crammed from floor to high ceiling with books. There were no true walls, no doors, no windows. Just the shelves and more books on them than all the books that Jake had seen in his life collectively. It occured to Jake that there was no exit; he should feel panicked, but in fact, was totally calm. A compulsion beckoned him to have a seat. As he went to sit, a chair grew underneath him, a solid but comfortable knot of wood, cushioned with soft moss. Weird. Another compulsion came to Jake. He spoke.

"I need to know about the Legend of the Twins."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:35:56 PM
Quay'Na didn't wait for Chaos to answer as she stepped around the corner and quickly went to where Jake had been. He was still close, but it was as if he had disappeared into thin air. "I don't understand, where is he?" She asked as Chaos approached her.

Chaos Alexander
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:51:55 PM
"The Library......"

::He let his voice trail off. It was as if he was in deep thought. His mind raced as the robotic part of his brain pulled up information.::

"The Garou are more wide spread than you think. The Silent Strider Clan is more spread out. They gathered information from all around. Legends, Myths, Fact, and Fiction. They needed a place to store it though. So the City Garou, the Glass Walker Clan, offered to hold it. Then they got the Bone Gnawers to guard it. It is as extensive as the old Jedi Library back in the Old Republic days."

::The Young Garou stepped around the corner and made his way to the dumpster. He walked with slow, but graceful, steps.::

"Only one way in.........."

Teresias Jones
Oct 28th, 2003, 09:26:30 PM
As Chaos began his descent down the alley, he could see the other Garou huddled around the flame. What he didn't notice was the other Garou standing beside him, huddled deep in the shadows. Finally, one came from the darkness, a large and powerful man, clad in black. His dark hair flowed down his back, his black eyes piercing as he spoke.

Dark One: "Hey, dude. You're on our turf. What're you doin' here?"

Chaos Alexander
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:57:48 PM
::Alexander smiled on of his smiles. A humming noice rose in the air at once. It was quiet then got louder.::

"I do what I must. That is all you need to know. Stand down Bone Gnawer. I am a Glass Walker. You know why I am here, wiether I was invited or not...."

::Alexander reached out and touched the Force. He felt all the people around him. His eyed went from brown to gold. His robotic eyes darted as they moved from Garou to Garou.::

"You know why I am here anyway. I know what is hidden here. Move along and leave me alone......"

Teresias Jones
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:50:01 AM
From the darkness next to Chaos, another voice spoke. This one was familiar, and in fact, belonged to Mr. Jones himself. And from the reaction of the others, including Quay'Na, it would seem that Chaos was the only one to hear this particular voice.

"Maybe if ya asked nicely, young'in, you may not have ta even fight this battle......after all, you are a Jedi, right? And aren't Jedi supposed ta take the peaceful route?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:20:35 PM
Quay'Na followed Chaos into the hidden doorway not exactly sure what she was going to find, but if Jake went this way...she was going this way.

Chaos Alexander
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:02:59 AM
"I will not be denied because others think they are better than me.......He was rude first. That is all that matters to me....."

::Alexandrer trugged on toward where he thought te door was. he would not be stopped. Not by these low level Garous. They were not even high on the totem pole of life as far as he could tell. odds were no one even knew they were here.::