PDA

View Full Version : What movie do u think was reallly stupid?

ADarksideJedi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:35:14 PM
I have a bunch that I think was so horrible that I could not finish it!"Harry potter" the first movie
Let's see there was more can't think of one right now oh wait "PUNKS" Stupid movie I ever seen!
Anyone else can think of a movie that was so stupid that they could not finish the rest of it?JM

Sejah Haversh
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:12:11 PM
Do us all a favor. Just because you have the power to create threads does not mean that you should.

Unless you have a worthwhile topic, and can write the topic in proper English, and dont intend on making endless dumb question threads, back off and learn some manners.

Harry Potter was very well done, and where I didn't care for the books, I thought the film was quite entertaining.

ADarksideJedi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:18:56 PM
Learn some what? Manners? What the hell did I do?I am just asking some questions I am not being rude or anything!
Man if someone should know manners it should be you!You have none!You just go and be rude to someone who is new and has no idea what you are talking about!
Next time do me a favor and do not answear any of my threads if u think they are annoying it is really easy just do not responed to it!You have no reason to start a flame war for no reason ok? Anyway see u ar ound! JACKIE :angel >_<

Sejah Haversh
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:30:41 PM
I'm sorry, I'm a severe grammar nazi, and netspeak pushes my buttons something fierce. You didn't know, and I'm sorry.

But in all honesty, please tone down the posting spree. One thing that annoys a lot of us here is comign to a forum and seeing one person's name on twenty different threads as the starter. It makes us feel that although the person might have an interesting thread, that they do not have the patience, or the true interest in it to let it rest for a while and wait to get answers and start a real discussion on it. To me it looked hasty and a grab for attention. That's why I jumped on you, I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I came off.

But, in the future, could you please, for our sake, use regular English? I have a difficult time understand what you are saying sometimes, and it really doesn't put me in any kind of mood to respond in a civilized manner.

Movies I hate: Resident Evil, and The Thin Red Line.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:36:15 PM
Jackie, it's probably in your best interests to listen to people who have constructive criticism for you. We're not here to be rude to you, we just want to help you out. :)

As for me, I really don't like movies that have tons of violence for no reason, or torture scenes that don't further the plot. I especially hate movies with violence to children in it, it's just my soft spot.

And I actually enjoyed both Harry Potter movies... I'm just a sucker I guess. ;)

Sanis Prent
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:39:46 PM
I'll agree with you on Harry Potter. It sucked the energy from me like a black hole. Did not deliver.

But the worst movies I've seen are Requiem for a Dream, Master of Disguise, and The Shipping News.

JMK
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:47:53 PM
I get flamed all the time for it, but A Clockwork Orange drives me around the bend, Mulholland Drive I couldn't take, and Blade 2 make me want to cry.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:54:50 PM
Hey I loved the Harry Potter moves they are great movies, IMO but that is just my opinion.

Ardath Bey
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:19:13 PM
The Harry Potter movies failed to captivate me. Big yawners that had me falling asleep partway through. None of the characters really grabbed me nor the plot. As bad movies go, I can't think of any monumental ones worth citing just now.

Princess Sunflower
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:21:47 PM
I'll probably get flamed here too but my two choices are:

"Little Shop of Horrors"

Found this movie to just plain irritating

"The Blair Witch Project"

Found it to be a very over rated nothing movie. I actually fast forwarded to the end when I was about half way through so I could get to the point.

Just my opinion tho!

Figrin D'an
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:03:14 PM
I hate "The Blair Witch Project" with a passion. Aweful, overrated piece of trash. I defy anyone who claims that it wins on "artistic" quality. The hype around the film was the result of a group-think mentality at Sundance that year.

There aren't too many recognized classics that I don't like, although there are a few that I feel are overrated.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:44:57 AM
I hate the sequel to Blair Witch that film was horrible one of the worst films I think I have seen.

Princess Sunflower
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:40:35 AM
:smokin Glad you guys agree on TBWP. I thought I was the only one with that opinion.

Rikki Van-Warren
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:52:26 AM
Didn't really care for either of the Blair Witch projects....very overrated and the second one was just pointless....

Sanis Prent
Oct 23rd, 2003, 05:48:30 AM
Agreed on the Blair Witch Project. Truly worthless.

CMJ
Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:56:49 AM
Alot of the movies mentioned are ones I enjoyed to some degree or another. :lol

I must submit "The Players Club" and "Hard Rain" as two shining examples of terrible cinema. ;)

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:06:25 PM
Rules of Attraction, quite simply the most horrible movie I've ever seen.

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:14:54 PM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh

Unless you have a worthwhile topic, and can write the topic in proper English, and dont intend on making endless dumb question threads, back off and learn some manners.

If your are going to criticize someone's English don't make grammatical errors yourself. For example; no comma is necessary after "topic" as seen above and you didn't add the apostrophe to "don't".

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:48:13 PM
I hate Grammar Nazis.

FORCE OXFORD DICTONARY!!!

:: The combined volumes of the Oxford Dictionary land on Ka'el and Sejah's head, leaving a rather large hole in the floor as they and the huge books smash through to an unknown fate lower down. A long way down. Somewhere with spammers ::

:D

Mortaniuss
Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:30:54 PM
How can the Blair Witch Project be "overrated" when everyone hates it? :p

Requiem for a Dream, Mulholland Dr, and a Clockwork Orange are all among my favorite movies. BWP was a creative, low budget film. Didn't scare me in the least, but I saw it on DVD, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

I'm pretty forgiving with movies. Something has to be terribly flawed for me to dislike it. Also, I have a strong love for camp, if it's done properly. Return of the Living Dead, House of 1000 Corpses, Freddy vs Jason? Yes please. If campy horror flicks ever die, I will be very sad.

Sanis Prent
Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:56:59 PM
Requiem for a Dream had absolutely no redeeming moments. It was a morass of negativity, and I never identified with the characters enough to feel for them. Not that it mattered. Nothing ever went right for any of them anyway. If giant flaming meteors hit them at random, I'd yawn. What could go wrong now?

Dutchy
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:31:12 PM
Simpatico.

darth_mcbain
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:45:18 PM
I thought feardotcom really stunk... It was so painfully bad to sit through.

Rena D'sor
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:52:12 PM
"Dude Where's my Car" = A pointless waste of time.

Sanis Prent
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:38:42 PM
^^^

Die. That movie rocked.

imported_Eve
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:51:04 PM
I love Harry Potter movies and books. The Prisoner of Azkaban and the Goblet of Fire are totally worthy reads. Order of the Phoenix is good but not as good as year three and four.

Anyway...

Rollerball. Ugh Ugh Ugh. It was rollerball sport, then running from people, then beat up love scene with russian lady who sounds dutch(?), then bloody masacre. WTF.

Virgin Suicides. I know this is suppossed to be an artsy film, but I left it just wondering why I was exposed to the story at all. You'd think it meant you to draw certain conclusions about the family, but then it really didn't. It was just over, and that's all I can say. I went to see Hayden Christiansen only anyway. It was before EP II came out and I wanted a look at the new Darth Vader.

Dude Where is My Car - at first stupid, but it grows on you. The chinese restauraunt drive through scene ("An deennnnnn!") alone makes the movie neato. It's a cult classic, and they're making a sequel to it. I believe it's called "Dude... Seriously... Where is My Car".

Sanis Prent
Oct 24th, 2003, 10:06:05 PM
:lol that would be great

Syo
Oct 25th, 2003, 12:35:32 PM
I really hated Blair Witch Project too, I remember sitting through the credits waiting for the real ending.

Road to Wellville was another horrible movie I hated, a lot of the traditional chick flicks irritate me

but some of the worst movies I have ever seen are Joe Dirt, Freddy Got Fingered, Half Past Dead, 25th Hour and recently Wrong Turn

Mortaniuss
Oct 25th, 2003, 12:54:47 PM
I think I generally don't see bad movies. I just refuse to waste my time with the likes of Joe Dirt or Freddy Got Fingered.

And, as far as Dude, Where's my Car? goes... I went into the theater fully expecting it to be a moronic, boring movie. Instead, I laughed quite a bit. Pleasantly surprised.

Droo
Oct 25th, 2003, 01:45:37 PM
I love The Blair Witch Project, it frightened the life out of me - it was real horror for a change, not just your average make-you-jump nonsense. Once the tension kicked in, it held me and increased to a wonderful climax. The most scared I've ever been watching a film. I'm not going to discuss it though because it's clear that most, if not all, in this thread can't abide it and I don't want to die! :uhoh

As for films I loathe: Murder by Numbers, Super Troopers and The Virgin Suicides. I hate it for the same reasons as Eve, I just didn't care about it.

"Dude, Where's My Car?" was great. :D

Syo
Oct 25th, 2003, 03:05:01 PM
I own Dude Where's My Car on DVD, funny funny movie

Sanis Prent
Oct 25th, 2003, 07:58:40 PM
Uh, Super Troopers and Joe Dirt are great.

JMK
Oct 25th, 2003, 08:03:06 PM
Dude Where's my car is awesome!

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 25th, 2003, 08:29:24 PM
Dude where's my Car was equivalent of a crap in a film canister. What an appalling waste of time.

I could not watch Requiem fully, just too depressing. Never the less, I can see why it's said to be good. Just dont have any nearby sharp knives.

American Beauty - Overrated, awful,.... just... loathsome

Any rip off of Mad Max 2

Any Disney animated sequel

2001 rates on the total boredom scale

Pulp fiction.... Sorry, but this movie is purile to the extreme. The only movie I demanded an apology for being asked to see it.

Can't really think of any others right now.

Sanis Prent
Oct 25th, 2003, 08:38:42 PM
You should be shot for not liking Pulp Fiction. Silly man.

Dae Jinn
Oct 25th, 2003, 09:06:06 PM
*didn't like TBWP either*

The only movie I can think of that I saw recently and really didn't like was The Ring. It wasn't as scary as I had hoped it would be, and it was disappointing because of that.

Mortaniuss
Oct 25th, 2003, 09:09:14 PM
Dude Where's My Car was funny because it was completely absurd. I liked American Beauty for it's odd style. It was a black comedy, I think, and I liked that. The pedophilia made me cringe the first time I watched it, though.

Pulp Fiction simply has some of the greatest dialogue ever.

But as far as Joe Dirt goes: I refuse to see a movie starring a guy with a mullet. If it was a 'fro, I'd see it in a heartbeat.

Ardath Bey
Oct 25th, 2003, 11:16:00 PM
Pulp Fiction was a rare treat. Thanks again Tarantino. Very rare indeed. Plus I have a big crush on Uma Thurman's character.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 25th, 2003, 11:34:28 PM
Austin Powers!!!! I HATE any Austin Powers movies!!!! He is sooo stupid!!!!!!

Sean Piett
Oct 26th, 2003, 12:11:10 AM
Instead of disagreeing with half the posts here, I'll just out and say that Once Upon a Time in Mexico was probably the worst movie I've ever seen. It made me die a little on the inside to see Depp and Dafoe in it.

Phantom
Oct 26th, 2003, 12:54:33 AM
I'd have to agree with you on that Sean. I hated TBWP.

I Love Super Troopers and Joe Dirt.

With all the hate inside, I hated Solaris as much as one man can.

I hate Fast and the Ferious and 2 Fast 2 Ferious, acting sucked in both, not to mention nearly all the car stunts and outcome of the races would never happen. Sorry but a POS Spyder and Evo would never smoke those domestic cars, the Challenger with the Hemi would eat those cars alive.

I loath the third and forth batman movies.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:13:34 AM
Sorry but a POS Spyder and Evo would never smoke those domestic cars, the Challenger with the Hemi would eat those cars alive.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh, now that was funny. You see, the problem here is, I race and rally. I have the predessor of the EVO, the Galant VR-4 RS. I also have built and owned some pretty good V8's. I actually have some knowledge and experience to back up my statements.

Even a mildy engine modded 4G6E like mine eats 450+ hp V8's alive. I only have 280 hp, but 4wd and modern tech owns those pathetic excuses.

And in the wet or on dirt? Not even a contest. VR-4 does blow them away

You are wrong. Deal with it.

Sanis Prent
Oct 26th, 2003, 07:57:44 AM
Um yeah. The EVO would probably smoke them easily.

Spyder? Meh.

Ardath Bey
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:14:58 PM
Kill Bill Vol. 1 is added to my list. Stupid, stupid, stupid movie. Had all the potential in the world and flaked out.

Oh yeah, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003, don't see this movie. A typical insipid MTV generation horror movie. Completely re-wrote the classic original with alot of meaningless incoherent drivel. IMO, Tobe Hooper's 1974 horror masterpiece is one of the greatest movies ever conceived as my profile states.

All of his genius began and ended with this movie, despite good efforts with the TV adaptation Salem's Lot and the first Poltergeist.

Sanis Prent
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:27:33 PM
You are definitely the biggest movie snob/troll I've ever seen. You're surpassing Jonathan, and that's some doing!

Anthony Scott
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:40:11 PM
I HATE and loathe to the extreme:

Any movie even mentioning Austin Powers -- what a moron.
The Blair Witch Project
Pulp Fiction -- I'd rather have a pitchfork enema.
Requiem For A Dream -- the point? :x
Clockwork Orange -- same as above. :x
Half Baked -- only a stoner would like that movie.

I know there are more on my list, I just try to erase them from my mind and so, I am having a difficult time recalling them ATM.

Mortaniuss
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:42:54 PM
It's amazing how much tastes in films can vary. While I hate Austin Powers, I think Pulp Fiction, Requiem for a Dream and A Clockwork Orange are among the best films ever made.

Anthony Scott
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:43:38 PM
:x :x :x

Yeah, it is pretty amazing. I just -- despise those movies to no extent.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:48:36 PM
Pulp Fiction -- I'd rather have a pitchfork enema

A... pitchfork Enema???

YEOW!

Figrin D'an
Oct 26th, 2003, 07:16:03 PM
A Clockwork Orange is a great, great film. So is Pulp Fiction.

I haven't seen Requiem For A Dream in it's entirety.

Ryan Pode
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:22:57 PM
I liked Pulp Fiction.

I must say though, that 'How to make an American Quilt' is possibly the worst movie ever.

Anthony Scott
Oct 26th, 2003, 09:27:00 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
A... pitchfork Enema???

YEOW!

That's not nearly as painful as watching Pulp Fiction or the others. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:36:23 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
I haven't seen Requiem For A Dream in it's entirety.

If you can watch that movie and not come out of it feeling like your soul has just been trampled on by a thousand angry Scots, there is something wrong with you. It's so damn depressing, but that's why it's good - because it's achieving its goals and making the audience feel something.

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:50:57 AM
But there's no up & down. Its only down. I can't make myself care about those people. I just want the damn movie to end.

Mortaniuss
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:09:29 AM
I thought there was an up, but that it was pretty brief. When they were raking in money, Leto and Connelly were talking about opening up their dress shop. He bought stuff for his mother and told her that they were going to get married. They were living the American Dream in their own illicit way. And then it all came crumbling down.

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:28:12 AM
It was all-too brief, and even then, it wasn't enough of an up to inspire sympathy. A good example of what I mean is The Grapes of Wrath. The Joads go through hell and back, but there's enough good in it that you really care about them.

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:25:15 AM
Are you refering to good as in, something good happens to them or good as in they are good people with bad things happening to them.

For example I hate Rules of Attraction because it's nothing but bad things happening to bad people and why should I care? I've yet to see requiem for a dream but are the protagonists good people getting crapped on or is it people you could care less about getting crapped on.

Grapes of Wrath there are some redeeming qualities to the Joads and that's why I could sympathize.

Mortaniuss
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:31:16 AM
They're average people, and each of them has their vices.

CMJ
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:54:57 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
If you can watch that movie and not come out of it feeling like your soul has just been trampled on by a thousand angry Scots, there is something wrong with you. It's so damn depressing, but that's why it's good - because it's achieving its goals and making the audience feel something.

I agree 100%. It was one of my favorite films of 2000. I don't think a better anti-drug movie has ever been made....well except maybe "Sid and Nancy".

It's really a tossup.

Mortaniuss
Oct 27th, 2003, 12:01:11 PM
I don't really view the movie as anti-drug. More like anti-addiction. Being completely dependent on any one thing is unhealthy.

Still, if you were to show this movie in high school, you might see an actual decline in drug usage.

CMJ
Oct 27th, 2003, 12:06:36 PM
Well, it is more of an anti addiction film. However, I felt that it argued that the drug "underworld" ultimately leads to addiction. Remember they were SELLERS, but got hooked on their own stuff.

And there was the mom, who didn't even realize she was addicted to speed.

Mortaniuss
Oct 27th, 2003, 12:08:26 PM
But it was the TV that she was really addicted to. She was willing to go to any length so she could look good on that TV show. She wouldn't have touched the weight loss pills if it wasn't for that.

CMJ
Oct 27th, 2003, 12:10:30 PM
She had all sorts of addictions through the course of the film. ;) Food, TV, Speed...hell probably more we just didn't see.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 12:11:06 PM
The mother was the most upsetting part about it all. I couldn't care less about the two guys. The girl, I did, but it was the mother the most.

Ardath Bey
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:54:00 AM
Yeah, the mother was the only true tragedy in the movie. The others sorta got what they asked for. But the mother lived such a fragile existance and the only thing kept her going were her dreams. And the son abused and stepped all over her. It was truly sad to watch the mother's sanity slowly and suddenly crumble. Finding solace only in delusional fantasies.