PDA

View Full Version : What rumor for star Wars three do u hope does not happen in the movie?

ADarksideJedi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:25:19 PM
I hope the one rumor about Ankin falling into the Volcano does not happen because it sounds so stupid!Anyone else hope that a rumor that they heard does not happen in the movie because it is stupid or lame or something like that!JACKIE

darth_mcbain
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:16:29 PM
I sure am hoping for the Volcano scenario, since it has been around so long. In the ROTJ novelization, Obi-Wan recounts to Luke the duel that transformed Anakin into Vader, and he said Anakin fell into a volcano (actually, if memory serves, a molten pit - but same difference).

I've heard a couple rumors that I hope are not true - namely the one about Anakin Force choking Padme. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but to me that just doesn't seem like it would happen. Oh well, I guess only time will tell.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:23:42 PM
I actually hope that one does happen. I think it would make more sense, especially in the context of Vader talking about how Anakin is no longer his name, and has no meaning to him. Something drastic needs to happen for his converstion to the dark to be complete, and that may be just the thing. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:58:38 PM
Well it be interesting if it happens but I hope Padme survives the force choking because to me it would create a huge plot hole for ROTJ

JMK
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:02:07 PM
The last thing Star Wars needs is some more loopholes. I hope the whole issue of Padme's death are false too. I see the need for it in order to make Anakin's descent that much more believable, but it would just be too glaringly dumb once ROTJ came along.

Ardath Bey
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:34:13 PM
I agree on almost all accounts with the points brought up by all of you in the thread. As I am still learning more about the rumours abounding, my point is fairly plotwise insignificant yet very significant, it deals with the new villain whose introduction will be as a commander of the Trade Federation robots, named General Grievous (or Greevus) who will be a cyborg Jedi-killing machine capable of splitting both his forearms in two parts to reveal ... ta-dum ... four lightsabers. This rumour comes from a top reliable source at TF.N. Makes me wonder why Lucas bothered killing off Maul and Jango Fett. Why??? :(

JMK
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:41:29 PM
I really don't want to see that guy. He sounds just like another 'look what we can do with our computers' character. There's no need for him.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:48:27 AM
Well it could be a very cool fight in the film I think the character might be more of a way to seperate Anakin and Obi-Wan if the rumor is right

Ardath Bey
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:52:04 AM
I don't think the cyborg is going to have a large enough role to divide Obi and Anakin. But spoiler thread I posted here because it straight out opens up alot on your speculations. That is if any of that material in the other thread is even half true. I agree with JMK, this character is totally unneccessary and may be a plot device in order to eliminate some Jedi onscreen perhaps. Who knows? :)

JMK
Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:51:38 AM
I think a character like him is necessary, someone has to take out Jedi, I just don't like the idea of the 2 arms turning into 4. I think that's hokey. I think I'd prefer to see Aurra Sing and some other Bounty Hunters wiping out Jedi. That would make WAY more sense, and would be cooler.

JMK
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:11:40 AM
Well apparently Grievous is for real. Check this link at the official site, it gives all of the details of each Clone War cartoon:
http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/explore/timeline/22.html

darth_mcbain
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:35:11 AM
I think I read on theforce.net that Obi-Wan chases Greivous on a large lizard-like creature. I wonder if this could be a Krayt Dragon? The noise that Obi-Wan made in Ep. IV to scare off the Sand People was supposedly a Krayt Dragon call, so maybe that is it.

As for Greivous himself, I think he will be pretty cool. I do agree that the 4 lightsaber thing may be a bit much, but I think he will be good, because it is something we haven't really seen yet - a Cyborg character (ok, you can make a case for Wat Tambor and Darth Vader). It shows that cyborg technology exists in the SW Universe for more than just mechno-hands and leads nicely into the fact that Darth Vader becomes "more machine than man".

Ardath Bey
Oct 23rd, 2003, 03:07:52 PM
Well, Lucas needs a uberpowerful non-forcewielder to create some fantastic on screen deaths. Besides those that will likely be overwhelmed by droids or other military machinations. That would be far too redundantly dull of a demise. Like I stated earlier, Jango Fett or Boba Fett or Aurra Sing would be perfect for that role. We'll obviously scratch Jango though. Also in the Clone Wars Cartoon there is a already another bounty hunter being introduced by the name of Durge. A heavily armored fellow whose description is distinctly similar to Grievous.