PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins (De'Ville)

SashaKovalev
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:02:31 PM
He’d double checked – perhaps even triple checked the coordinates that Lilaena De’Ville had given to him . And she had been honest with him. They did not take him to a black hole or an asteroid field. They took him to a planet called Onderon and a city by the name of Iziz. To exactly the place they should have.

Since his meeting with the woman over lunch, he had not only met with his uncle to discuss the possibility of serving as a master to an apprentice who lived there, but he had done some research on the planet. His uncle had agreed that perhaps it was time that he took an apprentice once again – if only to learn from the experience himself, though, there was always much to be learned from an apprentice relationship. And it was with both his uncle and his master’s approval that he had made the decision to come for this meeting.

He had agreed to nothing with De’Ville except that he would make a visit there within a month’s time. And it was still within that time frame. The research he had done on the planet had revealed several things to him. It was located in the Japreal system, and was the primary planet of three. The climate was temperate climate and home to what the books and computer systems described as a primitive race of humans.

De’Ville, he did not consider primitive – and so he decided that what he had found in books and computers was not sufficient – he needed to visit there for himself.

His ship was registered and granted clearance to land without much trouble. This, he knew, could mean one of two things – friendly relations, or ambush. And so he was wary as he set his ship down, but he was not taxed or overly concerned. He was simply aware.

His saber hung on his belt, and a blaster adorned his attire as well. A light duster was pulled on, and then he moved to the exit. With a hiss, the ramp set down and he stepped from it, fully prepared to be met by De’Ville - or to have to seek her out.

Violet eyes gathered information about his surroundings and the force reacted naturally within him, searching and seeking. Dirty blond hair was somewhat tousled as it typically was with him, though it was cropped short, just a bit longer than military fashion. His uncle, was, perhaps, wearing off on him just a bit more than he might have realized. Were it not for s’Ilancy, who kept him often entertained with surprise drinking binges, he might have become just as rigid as Taylor Millard himself.

Instead, he was a healthy mix of seriousness and good humor. And it was with a small smile that he looked about, a hand reaching to rub a small crick from his neck.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2003, 05:58:12 PM
As Sasha stepped through the nearly modern spaceport, he found it to be fairly empty. Onderon didn't have a lot of off world travelers arriving, and the traffic off planet was sparse as well.

"Sasha Kovalev?" A human male was walking towards him. "Lady De'Ville has sent me to bring you to the palace."

SashaKovalev
Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:46:11 PM
He had gotten so used to being called Alexander, by both his master and his uncle, that being called ‘Sasha’ once again almost sounded foreign to him, despite the fact that it had been the name by which he had gone for the majority of his life.

The spaceport was quite, which was both relieving and disconcerting. The silence could mean so many different things. And he had noticed the human walking in his direction, just before the man had spoken up to address him.

With the spaceport so quiet, he was not surprised that someone would be able to step forward and address him – his ship was, afterall, registered. It had to be for him to get in and out of Balmorra – and he still got hassled somewhat frequently despite this.

He should, he supposed, as he hadnt exactly acquired the ship in the most honest of ways. Being a Sith had….been useful.

He nodded to the man.

“As the Lady, wishes, then.” He replied, the faintest hint of amusement in his voice. He hadnt really expected her to meet him here, but he had also not expected her to send someone either.

He fell into stride beside the man, his violet eyes giving the man a somewhat appraising look out of the corner of his vision.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2003, 05:05:25 PM
The man was wearing a black uniform, void of any military insignia, but glaringly so. He did not introduce himself, but directed the visitor through the spaceport until they found themselves outside in the sunlight.

A long black speeder with tinted windows was waiting in a VIP parking spot just along the sidewalk outside the main entrance. "Please, Mr. Kovalev, it is just a short drive to the palace. Make yourself comfortable." He popped the back door open on the speeder, allowing the man he'd met in the spaceport to get inside before closing it securely behind him.

He walked around to the driver's side door, and got in, warming up the speeder in preparation for the trip. With a barely heard purr, the lengthened speeder pulled away from the curb, well maintained repulsors keeping it a safe and comfortable distance from the paved ground.

SashaKovalev
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:31:56 AM
He was a humble kid from humble beginnings. His father, he did not remember much about. He knew him now as a great warrior, and could upon occasion, remember bits about him. But he had mostly been raised by a single mother – a woman who had worked hard to give her son a life – yet had, in the end, been unable to overcome the broken heart caused by separation from the husband she had loved.

Sasha had left school early to work to provide for he and his mother, and had later left the planet where he’d been raised – an imperial run planet on the outskirts, just inside the outer rim to join the Sith Order. Over the years, he had learned of his family, left the order, and had spent time on Balmorra living with his uncle in the castle.

The finer life he had learned of over these years. Both in the Sith Order and living with his Uncle. So this sort of treatment was nothing new to him, nor did it make him uncomfortable, but he was aware of it. He was very, very aware of it. For a moment, his fingers traced a circle on the fine leather of the seats and then he gave a quiet sigh and looked out the window.

The ride was a quiet one and his violet eyes gazed out the windows for most of it, flickering only every now and then back to the driver. At one point, he reached to pull out a datapad, making a quick note of something he needed to follow up on when he returned to Balmorra, and then slipped it back into the pocket of the jacket that he wore.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:08:36 PM
The speeder continued on its way, the course it took slowly taking them uphill, to the center of the city. The driver pulled around a garbage scow and accelerated, taking a lazy left hand turn and entering a walled complex.

The driver spoke for the first time on the drive. "Here we are..." and pulled through a huge circular driveway, stopping by an elaborate entrance. The palace wasn't new, nor was it overly old looking, it had a look like it had withstood time and would continue to do so. The long black speeder stopped, and the driver hopped out to open Sasha's door.

SashaKovalev
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:43:33 PM
He gave a somewhat formal nod of thanks as he stepped out of the speeder and onto the enormous circular driveway.

“Thank you.” He offered politely, though the tone of his voice was somewhat distracted, or perhaps somewhat curt and businesslike as he surveyed his new surroundings.

Upon a first glance, he was somewhat taken with the palace. It did not have the ugly new architecture of the newer buildings, nor did it seem to be overly ancient. It fit somewhere perfectly in the middle, and with this he found a bit of a connection.

He was looking forward to the small talk and formalities to end – and to get more into the real information for which he had come. The dark jedi wanted to know more about the planet, about De’Ville – and about this apprentice that he was possibly to take on.

His back was held straight, his head at a proud sort of angle as he gazed at the palace. And then he took a step of two forward, away from the speeder, and straightened his coat.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2003, 06:39:30 PM
"Ah, Kovalev, you have come after all." A woman in a light green dress was walking down the steps towards him. The long sleeves of the gown covered up her hands, and she pulled up the hem to make walking easier. "You cut it right down to the wire, I was beginning to think I had not intrigued you enough over lunch." De'Ville winked at him as she drew even with the younger man.

Behind them the speeder pulled away in search of the garages, and Lilaena impatiently snapped her fingers as a young boy came running up from the palace. He bobbed out a bow, and looked a bit at a loss when the visitor didn't have any luggage with him.

SashaKovalev
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:38:53 AM
"Ah, Kovalev, you have come after all. You cut it right down to the wire, I was beginning to think I had not intrigued you enough over lunch."

He watched as she descended the steps, picking up the hems of her robes as she carried herself with grace. His violet eyes followed her movements, and finally, as she drew even with him, he allowed a smile.

“You intrigued me long before we ever had lunch, Lilaena De'Ville.” His reply was made in a tone of voice that was sincere. He spoke the truth, and even a subtle interrogatory with the force would reveal such.

His gaze had lingered upon her for a moment until it was distracted by a young boy who came running full speed from the direction of the palace. It was clear as he gave a curt, hurried bow that he was a servant of sorts, and seemingly confused as to why he had been called upon.

Sasha gave the boy a small smile, as if sympathizing with the kid, and then turned back to De’Ville.

“My tardiness should not be a reflection on my interest, but rather on my schedule, as of late.” He stated, his voice bordering on somewhat apologetic.

“I apologize it had taken me this long to take you up on the invitation to visit.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2003, 08:24:59 PM
She looked down at the boy, and shooed him away, and then looked back at Kovalev. "I was hoping that you would stay here, in the palace, during your visit. But if you'd prefer to stay on your ship, or perhaps in a hotel in the City, that can be arranged." She stepped back and turned towards the building, gesturing for him to join her as she walked toward the steps.

"And busy schedules seem to be a current theme these days." She lifted the front hem of her skirts, revealing bare feet underneath as she started up the steps. "Your apprentice to be has one as well, although when I heard you had arrived I arranged for his schedule to be cleared. We will be meeting with him shortly, if that is agreeable to you?"

SashaKovalev
Nov 3rd, 2003, 03:22:43 PM
"I was hoping that you would stay here, in the palace, during your visit. But if you'd prefer to stay on your ship, or perhaps in a hotel in the City, that can be arranged."

He shook his head.

“No, the palace will be fine.” He replied, “Im not looking to inconvenience anyone.” He added, his gaze flickering to the boy who seemed to be dashing off now to somewhere new.

He followed her gesture and began to walk with her towards the steps. If he was surprised by catching a glimpse of her bare feet, he did not show it, but he did take note of it, wondering if that was a custom here.

"And busy schedules seem to be a current theme these days. Your apprentice to be has one as well, although when I heard you had arrived I arranged for his schedule to be cleared. We will be meeting with him shortly, if that is agreeable to you?"

He began the ascent of the stairs with De’Ville.

“And if it wasn’t?” He quipped, turning his violet eyed gaze to her, allowing a smile that made it clear that he was merely jesting.

“How have you been?” He asked, not merely politely, but with a tone that truly was sincere in wanting to know.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:17:28 PM
How have I been? De'Ville continued up the stairs, and pausing for the doors to open. Not powered by machinery, but old fashioned doormen, the enormous doors swung inward. "I have been well, thank you. Trying to keep things in line...what we have started here is very exciting. The beginning of a new era."

De'Ville made to walk in the doors, but then turned around and pointed behind him. "If you look this way, you can see the kennels and the Beastrider barracks. Something Giran knows a lot about, as he used to be a Beastrider. Onderon's standing army isn't impressive by galactic standards, but it will be soon." She gestured to the door, for him to follow her inside.

SashaKovalev
Nov 16th, 2003, 10:24:25 AM
OOC: Really sorry for the delay. Wont happen again.

IC: He followed her suggestions as they walked and looked about, noticing the things that she pointed out. His boots clicked softly on the floor, and his posture was one of confidence and alertness. He was not suspicious, but he was prepared. It was something that had, over the years, become second nature.

As a dark jedi, there were always enemies. The Sith did not care for the methods of a dark jedi, nor did the jedi, themselves. And while he did not consider himself one of importance, he did value his life enough to look out for it.

"Is there a significant event that has brought about the increased need for an impressive army, or is that simply a precautionary measure?" He asked, wanting to know more of the planet and its people.

It was a question asked with sincere curioisity, for even in being a teacher, he would always also be a student. He was always hungry for knowledge.

He asked this as they stepped inside the door.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2003, 02:52:27 AM
"Let us just call it... being prepared." Lilaena didn't offer anything else as she led him through polished hallways towards what seemed to be the center of the palace. They passed some guards in Onderonean livery, and a few grey uniformed soldiers with no insignia of any kind. The Onderonean guards nodded politely, but the grey men visibly straightened to attention and a few saluted.

She ignored them all, until Sasha and she arrived at a pair of tall double doors. Two guards in Onderonean green blocked their way. "Are you going to stop the king's advisor from visiting him? It will be just a moment."

They stepped aside, letting her open the door for herself. De'Ville put out a hand and pushed the doors open with the Force. "King Giran! I have brought someone to meet you."

SashaKovalev
Nov 19th, 2003, 03:40:32 PM
She was a woman of few words. Always.

Pulling information from her was like pulling teeth. Only worse. It would take an Olympic tooth puller with a gold medal to get anywhere – if even that occurred.

Instead of finding anger at her elusiveness, he had simply accepted her response. And chalked it up to another lesson in patience. Another lesson, like so many others before it, which were finally beginning to show some sense of purpose for him. He was finding himself a much more patient man as of late. And it was beneficial.

Particularly when dealing with his uncle, or in such situations, someone like Lady De’Ville.

Sasha’s violet eyes gazed across the room at the man whom Lilaena was addressing. So this was the one she wanted him to train.

He did not make any assumptions simply by appearance. Nor did he carry himself as one who was judging.

He simply crossed the room just a step behind De’Ville, his posture one expressing confidence and humility. The aura about him was one that spoke of a man who was comfortable with who he was, what he had become, and what he still had yet to learn. Nowhere as there the boastful arrogance he had once practiced as a follower of the Sith. No, he had tamed himself just a bit – or rather, his masters and time had done this.

And time would continue to do this as he continued to become wiser and stronger with age – with time – with experience.

In this moment, he was a man in his late twenties. One who had been mastering the force for over a decade now. There was still much that he could learn, but also much that he could teach.

His expression was relaxed, though there was an intensity to his violet eyes that was both a blessing and a curse. His eyes were his worst enemy at times, giving away emotions he did not wish to have expressed. And even the force could not protect him against this.

Giran of Onderon
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:26:51 AM
"I don't care about the details, just get it done!"

The Minister of Agriculture jumped back at the sound of the king's voice snapping at him. A much smaller man than Giran, the minister simply noded, and backed away.

"Yes, m'lord," he replied, his voice wavering, "I'll take care of it." He bowed quickly, then shuffled towards the door. He stayed clear of both De'Ville and the new arrival, giving them a wide berth as he exited. He was clearly afraid of them.

Giran stood up, and ran his hands through his thick hair. It always looked unkempt, and it made him look ever more out of place in the garments of a royal. He hated fancy dress. He hated sitting on a throne for formal occasions. He hated so much about being king. It was a fate that he never wanted to accept. Now, he no longer had a choice. His people needed him.

"Please," he called to his newest 'advisor,' "enter so that I may meet this guest."

The Lady De'Ville had proven to be quite intriguing, and had a wisdom that Giran lacked. It was his hope that she would provide the guidance that he never seemed to get from his ministers. Her power still awed him at times. She had her own motives, Giran had no doubt of that. But for now, he had little choice but to accept her "gracious help," and hope that when the fee came due, it would not be too demanding a request.

Giran walked down the steps from the platform upon which his thone sat. A conference table sat there as well, move into the room for the day's meetings.

"Welcome to Onderon, offworlder," Giran offered to the man with De'Ville. "I am Giran, High King of the People of Onderon."

He hated that title, too. Yet another annoyance in his ever-changing life.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 28th, 2003, 09:56:53 PM
Lilaena approached the dias and bowed before the red-headed king. "Giran, this is the man I was talking to you about earlier this month. Sasha Kovalev, Dark Jedi, and one who can unlock the secrets of the Force to you."

She motioned Sasha up after the introduction.

SashaKovalev
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:09:54 AM
He would have much preferred to be introduced as Alexander Millard, for it was truly his given name, and a name by which he had been living now that he had rejoined his family on Balmorra. Sasha Kovalev was to him, somewhat a name of the past. A name born of a former life, and a name of a much younger, more inexperienced man.

Violet eyes had watched the King as he dealt with what was perhaps daily work for him. Violet eyes had taken in much more than thick unkempt hair and formal robes. They had taken in subtleties such as the way the man moved. The way he carried himself. The expressions apparent on his face. And with the lightest touch of the force, had reached out to emotions.

He was not one to pry, and he sought only what hovered on the surface, masked by an outward appearance of a man who was born to lead. And he might have felt what seemed to him to be resolution. The feelings of a man not quite content with what he was doing, but full of resolution to see it through.

This was something the dark jedi immediately admired about the man who had been forced to lead his people in their time of need.

Alexander, like Giran, did not doubt that Lady De’Ville had her reasons behind whatever it was she was doing. In his mind, Alexander thought himself an unlikely candidate to be training this man – it still seemed odd to him that De’Ville had sought him out. And of this, he would certainly continue to be wary.

But his time on Balmorra was growing taxing. He had completed the schooling he’d originally remained there for. He was coming close to completing his training with his master, Wargrave. There were other things he felt the need to be doing now – and training another was something that called out to him. Because he would not only learn more himself in the process, but it would challenge him in ways he knew simple lessons given to him could not.

He stepped forward as De’Ville introduced him. He had not bowed – not out of disrespect, but more because he did not feel it necessary. He would bow later, should it become easier as a formality to do, than not to do – but he was here as one who would open to this man an entirely new host of powers – who would help him develop them. And not only would trust be necessary for such things, but for Giran to respect him as his equal – not as someone there to serve him. For the things Sasha would ask of the man would, at times, be impossible to accomplish did the basis of respect not first exist.

“Its an honor to meet you, Giran.” The dark jedi offered sincerely. It was not said as flattery, but rather with a tone that suggested he understood the power the High King held, and respected it, but he would not bow to it as a commoner before his lord.

He would have offered more, but was content for the moment to allow Giran or De’Ville to set the tone for this initial meeting. He was, afterall, the guest.

Giran of Onderon
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:33:12 AM
Giran looked over the new arrival. He seemed a normal humanoid, not unlike millions of others around the galaxy. Although, the king could somehow tell that this... Sasha Kovalev... had a power like that of the Lady De'Ville. This made him someone to respect.

Though he held great power by way of his bloodline, Giran refused to laud it over those whom did not deserve such a fate. This was especially true for those with the knowledge of The Force. He had read the history, thousands of years old, about the powerful visitors from distant parts of the galaxy, and about the one that had once ruled his people. It had never been a concern to him. No one from the city ever displayed affinity for such ability, and never before had he seen the power of the Force displayed. Of course, that all changed when De'Ville arrived.

Now, he was told that he himself might be able to use this mysterious Force. He still didn't quite believe it. But, if there was a chance that he could become like the strange visitors, and use that power to return Onderon to its former glory... he couldn't pass it up.

"I trust your journey to our planet was without trouble," he directed to Sasha. "The moon of Dxun can cause problems for those arriving by hyperspace. Or so I have been told."

Or so I have been told. There was so much he had been told, having to rely on others for fact and information. Giran had never actually left Onderon before. There had never been a need to do so. And, even if he desired to do so, there was never time for it. He would never have risked being away when the Mandalorians attacked.

"Please, sit, both of you," he said, motioning to open chairs at the conference table. "I'll have something to drink brought for us."

The king tapped a small comm unit on his side of the table.

"Send in a bottle of the new vintage, and 3 glasses."

Giran leaned forward, his arms resting on the table, his hands crossed. He looked at De'Ville pointedly.

"I understand you had my schedule cleared for the remainder of the day. I am more than happy to spend time with you and your friend, but I would prefer you consulted me before taking such measures."

Giran's tone was not overly harsh, but he was annoyed. He held the Force-users in high regard, but he would be a pushover for no one.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 4th, 2003, 02:25:06 PM
It was difficult, oh so difficult, to play nursemaid to Giran. But he was needed to keep the people in line, even if he were little more than a figurehead. After this meeting she would talk to Alexander/Sasha and see if he was as interested in training Giran as she was betting he was. Then she would bring him into the history of Iziz City, and the events of the last few months.

"I apologize for my actions, Lord Giran. I felt this meeting was more important, and that the meeting about the old beastrider complex could wait until tomorrow." Sasha's actions were appropriate, showing respect, but not subservience. If he were to train Giran it was important that he appear weaker than the king.

The trio sat at the conference table, and De'Ville carefully straightened her dress, her bare toes curling underneath her feet. "Sasha comes from the Balmorran Empire, an Imperial off-shoot that holds sway over at least a dozen inhabitable worlds. His uncle is an Imperial Grand Admiral of no small reputation." She watched the two men carefully as the wine arrived. The young king seemed to be sizing up the young Dark Jedi. They were similar, although arriving at their similarities from different directions.

SashaKovalev
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:32:46 PM
The moon had not given him trouble, thanks to a bit of useful information given to him prior to his departure. S’Ilancy was a practiced pilot and knew many secrets about navigating through the galaxy. He’d caught her only moments before he’d left – she’d been returning from a trip herself, but on seeing her, he’d hung out for a few more moments to say hello and see how she was doing.

He much preferred having her around on Balmorra. She was, to some degree, a good way to keep he and his uncle from butting heads so often. She made Alexander lighten up just a bit when needed, and often reminded his uncle that Alexander, though in his twenties, still deserved sometimes to be able to act his age and have a bit of fun.

“It serves as a first line of defense rather well….” He’d replied in response to the King’s comment on the moon of Dxun. His tone was light, as if he were perhaps making a very small and inconsequential quip.

And as Giran then turned to De’Ville to speak with her, Sasha listened, taking in the tone of voice used and the words selected. He studied the way De’Ville interacted with this man, for it would give him some sense about Giran until he got a chance on his own to begin to know him – to understand the way he worked. What would push his buttons. What would anger him or what would allow him to think more clearly. So many factors. So much to learn.

He was seated now, allowing his back to rest against the back of the chair. His hands rested on the arm of the chair, a finger on his left hand absently playing with a very plain platinum band that he wore.

His senses were alert. And for the first time in a while, he felt alive again. He felt the challenge of something new. And a small smile settled over his lips.

“Admittedly some of his politics have worn off on me over time,” The Dark Jedi interjected, an almost impish smirk replacing the smile, “But I’d like to believe Im still open to other views and ways of doing things.” It was clear from the way he spoke that he thought fondly, respectfully of his uncle – but that he was someone of independence who would make his own decisions based on his own beliefs.

Giran of Onderon
Jan 29th, 2004, 07:21:15 PM
"It would seem we something in common," Giran responded to Sasha. "My father ruled our world for many years, and having grown up around his court, it was difficult to not pick up on certain things, even though it was not always one of my first interests."

"There are days that would much rather be just the Captain of the Beastriders than also the leader of a world," he said reflectively, sipping his wine. "But, these times don't allow for it, I'm afraid."

"Of course, new ideas are why are here, right?," he looked to first to De'Ville, then back to Kovalev. "It's taken some convincing, but I have agreed with Lady De'Ville's request that I learn more of the... abilities that she and you possess."

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 10th, 2004, 12:35:21 AM
De'Ville brought her wine glass to her lips, barely tasting the bittersweet liquid as the two men conversed. So much hinged on this conversation. "It would be to your benefit to learn how to control consciously that which you use unconsciously, Giran."

Giran of Onderon
Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:40:36 PM
"Indeed," Giran responded, genuninely interested, but slightly annoyed at De'Ville's comment. She was a master of double talk, and would often hold back information if she felt it was to her advantage. This irritated Giran greatly. Most times, he held his tongue, for though he was king, she was still far more powerful than he. As were her companions. He had to play along... for now.

"Perhaps now would be a good time to elaborate on these powers that I supposedly control unconciously?," he questioned, pressing his agenda forward. "To this point, you have been rather reluctant to tell me anything."

SashaKovalev
May 12th, 2004, 01:06:35 PM
Certainly, Sasha had understood Giran’s feelings. Not that Sasha was the King of anything. In fact, sometimes he wondered if he was even the king of his own domain, for his Uncle did a rather good job of intruding upon that from time to time. His uncle, and most certainly Wargrave, the man who had been – who was still, to some degree, his master. Though advanced in his skills, there was still more that Alexander could learn. And most certainly, Wargrave was a man who could teach him.

But still – the feeling of just being nothing for once. To just be without any pressures – that he could understand. For being the nephew of Taylor Millard carried with it many pressures.

He listened with interest the interactions between Giran and De’Ville. To some degree, Alexander felt a hint of annoyance, perhaps even frustration or resentment.

"Perhaps now would be a good time to elaborate on these powers that I supposedly control unconciously? To this point, you have been rather reluctant to tell me anything

Giran was as impatient as he was himself. Sasha recognized this immediately. And it was something to keep in mind in the training of him. For this could be used in several ways – as punishment and as reward – in the right situations. It would also help to know when to push, and when to let impatience lead the way instead.

There was much that he wanted to know, more than he needed to piece together before he could agree wholeheartedly to begin the training – but for now, it was best, he felt, to sit back and observe. When it was time, most certainly, he would step in.

He gave a glance over at De'Ville, wondering if she would elaborate or not. He had not spoken with her enough of Giran to know what he had been told, or taught.

But one thing he did know was that Giran would make an able student. There was a fire to him, an agressiveness - and yet, there was composure. Yes, he was a man who was ready to begin training - beneath the right master.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 12th, 2004, 03:04:35 PM
She remained cool, although the monarch pressed her for more information. "I have told you about the Force, and you have been taught about it in your formal schooling. Freedon Nadd, a powerful Force user once ruled here, a thousand years ago. You have the spark within you, Giran, and under the right tutelage, you could become the greatest king Onderon has ever known.

"Perhaps one day you will rule more than just this planet, as well. Perhaps." She left that possibility open, and hanging. "You already have greater battle instincts than any other military man on Onderon. You have tamed more beasts to the saddle, and had an easier time of it than any other. You even can sense danger, to a point. All these things point to a slight control of the Force. With help, you can do many, many other things.

"Alexander has come at my request, to see if Onderon suits him. He is a knight of the Force, able to teach others."

It would be an ideal relationship, Sasha wanted freedom from his uncle, and Giran needed a master. De'Ville sipped her wine again.