PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid lawsuit

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:06:58 PM
Now to me this is stupid

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=20&u=/ap/20031022/ap_on_re_us/video_game_lawsuit_1

I don't think the game is responsible. More than likely these kids are bad kids and they would have done this regardless. Also there is a rating on the game and the parents bought them the game that is their fault, they obiviosly didn't train their kids right it should be them they sue, but I guess they want to go after Sony and Walmart who has all the money.

ReaperFett
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:20:07 PM
Thompson has made similar claims in the past and lost, notably a $33 million lawsuit against video game makers stemming from the 1997 school shooting near Paducah, Ky., by a 14-year-old boy.
Serial idiot :)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:21:50 PM
Indeed, another lack of parenting. That's just sad. Video games are not meant to be something for real life.

Ardath Bey
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:09:26 PM
Disturbing. Kids shooting at vehicles as if they were nothing but tin cans. Lack of parental guidance in both respect, decency, and responsibility. These kids were troubled to begin with.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:14:55 PM
Yeah I agree the parents are at fault here, they would have done something eventually, they sound like the Columbine kids.

JMK
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:33:08 PM
I think it's time someone coined the phrase "There are no stupid lawsuits, just stupid people".

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 23rd, 2003, 01:52:15 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah I agree the parents are at fault here, they would have done something eventually, they sound like the Columbine kids.

Originally posted by JMK
I think it's time someone coined the phrase "There are no stupid lawsuits, just stupid people".

Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Indeed, another lack of parenting. That's just sad. Video games are not meant to be something for real life.

Pretty much all I have to say on this. Some people should be barred from breeding

Sejah Haversh
Oct 25th, 2003, 10:38:02 PM
Grand Theft Auto is an awesome game. It is huge, it is awesome, and the graphics are amazing. The whole place is completely interactive, and well thought-out.

I absolutey love Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City, but if I were a parent, you would never see me letting my kids play the game until they were at least sixteen, and/or smart enough to realize it is just a game.

Retailers are not allowed to sell that game to minors, so the only way it gets in the house is if a parent buys it. The parents shoudl look up info on EVERY game they buy their kids, be it GTA, or Mario Kart. If nothing else, it will tell you if it is even a fun game, or if it is liked. Rockstar did not tell these kids to do these things, they did it themselves. We might as well start suing Stallone because of all the violence in Rambo.