PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere unfamiler (open)

Janus Riddyl
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:10:40 PM
From inside the ship you could see the white streaking lines of hyperspace. The borrowed Jedi ship was traveling to Bakura from Coruscant, but not on any of the traditional hyperspace lanes. The path Janus had chosen to travel was rarely traveled at all. This path cut through the outskirts of the Unknown Regions. For the most part it was safe, but it took a little more time than neccesary. Time, Janus decided, could be well spent in meditation. Janus was to be a knight soon and he needed time to ponder his new duties and ultimately his purpose in life.

Janus sat on a cushioned stool, legs crossed and wings circling his body and coming to a point in front of him. The meditation was very peaceful and preforming its purpose of giving him the mind set to be able to think. Suddenly the ship began to shudder and the white lines faded to blackness speckled with tiny white spots; something had brought the ship out of hyperspace. Janus broke from the trance and stood up stretching. He peered out the window and saw nothing but vast space. What could pull this ship out of hyperspace? Janus asked himself. It wasn't likely that an interdictor cruiser was out here. Janus left his quarters and looked out the other window in the hallway. There was a red-orange gas giant with a single moon orbiting it. Well, I guess that ansers my question.[I]

Janus walked to cockpit and thankfully the ship was not caught in the giant's gravity. He sat down in the pilots seat and looked over the panels doing his best to figure out what planet it was that loomed outside. A name failed to show up. [I]Well, this requires investigation. More than likely there was not any life on the gas giant, but the moon, however, seemed to show some for of intelligent life according to the readings. Janus steered the ship towards the moon.

-----less than an hour later-----

Janus had set the ship down in the port local to the city he now stod in without any trouble. The moon was in its second night, for the planet had blocked the sun causing the darkness. The city, for the most part seemed dead. The people were likely sleeping. Janus decided to hang around until everybody was up and he get some answers about the planet.

he wasn't a huge drinker but the bar seemed to be the only place open at the time. He entered and got his first glimpse of the native species. They were very skinny and had tiny hairs covering their body. They reminded Janus of an oversized bat. He walked to a bar stool and sat down as the bartender glided over to him.

"Whats can I gets ya stanger?" He asked Janus.

"An Alderaan ale, please." Janus said and smiled. But the bartender did not return the smile and gave him a curoius look. The bartender didn't say anyting though, but went to a cooler under the sink and got what Janus had requested.

Janus looked at the dark blue and crimson liquids in bottles lined up on the other side of the bar, drinks most likely. Janus looked around the bar to see who it was that he shared the bar. A few more bat like creatures, a pig like creature and someone else. He was wearing robes, like Janus and his hood was up so Janus couldn't make out a face. I wonder who that is... Janus asked himself as he let his eyes turn from the character to the ale set before him.

imported_Corin Zetith
Oct 30th, 2003, 07:14:16 AM
The someone in question was a man about 6 ft tall with dark fire like red hair, which was hooded by his emerald green corellian jedi robes. Corin was just on his way back from the planet which he had been training on for the last 5 or 6 months since he left the academy. He looked up around the bar and noticed the other staring at him. He had never seen the winged jedi before but he could just tell by his aura (the one all jedi share) that he was a force wielder. Corin stood then and walked over to the stranger.

"Hello, my name is Corin Zetith, last of the Zetith line form Naboo. May i sit with you friend?"

Karkoon
Nov 1st, 2003, 05:12:52 PM
A figure cloaked in black robes was sitting in a dark corner had spotten the two Jedi sitting together, the figure sat up in his chair as he watched the two

after debating something over in his head he stood up with his hood shadowing his face and walked over to the men "hello" the figure said in a robotice voice "I could not help but notice your Robes" It pulled its hood back to reveal a droid head "are you Jedi?"

Janus Riddyl
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:57:37 PM
It was a Jedi, or at least a Force wielder with good intent. That was about all he had picked up from the man. The man introduced himself and Janus shook hands with him.

"Janus Riddyl, of the fourth moon of Iego." He said, "You're more than welcome to sit with me, I just have to find a seat first." He said and smiled. He walked to the nearest open seat and sat down.

"So where exactly am I?" He asked, "I mean, this planet didn't even register with any data I have. I'm not sure anyone has heard of it."

Before Corin could respond Someone, something in black robes approached the table. [I]Black robes, usually a sign of Sith.[I] Janus took notice. He couldn't immediatly tell, the Force signature of the new man was... different.

"Padawan actually, at least I am." Janus said and looked hard at the droid. "Who, or what are you?"

Karkoon
Nov 2nd, 2003, 10:09:42 PM
If rag had lips he would have smiled "I am called Ragnarok, I am a Droid designed and build by a jedi" He said to Janus "I just arrived on this planet a couple hours ago butI have yet to learn the name of it."

imported_Corin Zetith
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:16:21 AM
"This planet is called Tharsus, i have been living here for the last 4-5 months away from the academy. It is a very peaceful world."

glancing over at the not so kind bar tender, he thought to himself "for the most part."

".....and i do not think that it is registered. I have been training here because the planet is so full of life and the gravity makes it much harder to excell than on other worlds. I think it is part to do with the gas giant it orbits and its vast size."

" That is what puzzled me when i first saw it, how can a moon be so large and yet still stay within the gravitational pull of the gas giant. I would think for one that it would be large enough to have its own moon."

"I am also a jedi padawan, i have been around for a while though. I do not believe i am worthy of asking for such a title as knight yet."

Janus Riddyl
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:05:56 PM
Although Corin said it was peaceful here, for some reason Janus was spooked. Something made this place seem... unsafe to him. Perhaps when the short period of darkness was up and the natives woke from their siesta some answers would present themselves. Be patient. Janus reminded himself.

"So Corin, can I buy you something drink? While we talk." He turned to Ragnarok, "you too- well, I guess you don't drink. Perhaps there is something I can do for you that doesn't involve food or drink, don't hesitate to ask."

Karkoon
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:42:06 PM
Rag sat down next to Janus "just having a conversation is good enough for me" He said as he tilted his head a little "what are Jedi such as you two doing this close to the unknown region?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:30:18 PM
"i'll have an ice water, thanks, not much of a drinker."

Corin turned to the interesting droid

"I am just taking a break from life really. Ive been gone form the academy for about 5 months now and im getting ready to head home. And what brings you to such a little known planet Ragnarok?"

Karkoon
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:50:58 PM
"I am on a quest to see as much of the galaxy as I can" Rag said to Corin "and while I was traveling I saw this little planet and decided to check it out."

Janus Riddyl
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:38:43 PM
Well, I was taking a longer hyperspace route out to Bakura and the gravity of the system pulled me out of hyperspace. It really doesn't make sense, the routes were checked up on only a year ago and the existence of this system didn't show up at all..." Janus was baffled by this, it really didn't make sense to him. As he connected events the whole thing seemed very suspisious. Either the planet was somehow, unlikely, skipped over or someone had deleted it from his ships database. But why?

"Corin, can you tell me how long until the people wake up from their nap?"

imported_Corin Zetith
Nov 14th, 2003, 08:48:53 AM
Corin looked towards Janus and thought for a moment how he was going to explain the natives.

"Hmmmmm.......um well that's the thing you see.........they don't wake up from their nap really. They are not napping, they are working. I know it sounds weird doesn't it? the natives here use mostly all 100% of their brain while they 'sleep' so to speak. They only wake up when they need to and thats for nourishment, and for those who do jobs that are mainly physical labor. Confused yet?"

Janus Riddyl
Nov 16th, 2003, 05:39:55 PM
"No, I think I understand." Janus decided to spill the information about the strange feelings he was getting. "I've been getting some wierd vibes from this place, I think it's the people. They seem to be unhappy with me being here." Janus said unsure if it made any real sense.

The door burst open and several of the natives walked in. The stared at Janus. "You are not allowed here winged one." They said and they charged towards Janus drawing knives from their clothing.

Karkoon
Nov 16th, 2003, 09:49:32 PM
Rag turned as the group approached them with weapons, He Reached for the Heavy repeater rifle that was slung over his back and pointed it at the newcomers "It would be most wise if you didn't harm this man" He said as he held the gun as if it weighted nothing.