PDA

View Full Version : Is this alright?

Garen Selore
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:31:16 PM
I am working on the devolepment Garen IC and I wanted to be diffrent from most.

As you all know, the force is composed of all living things, and That inanimate objects(like rocks) and Souls of the dead make up a small amount of the force energy. The souls that were force strong in life also have the ability to show themselves and communicate with the living, but all souls have the force in it, even is they can't communicate with the living.

So I thought it would be interesting to have Garen be more sencitive to the Non-Life of the force(Rocks, minerals, and the dead Souls).

The down side of this would be that he can not detect living things through the force with Force Sence. So he would have to develope a way to detect people by the objects and clothing that they have on their person.

Also as he starts to use the force he will start to feal the presence of and adventualy see the dead souls that are near him, and with further training after that he would be able to communicate with them by going into a meditation.

So could people let me know if this is Do-able and if so, Can I do it?

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:39:11 PM
the force is composed of all living things and surrounds us and connects us to the non-living things. I do not think you are able to sense inanimate objects. Actually, I do not see how that is possible.

Sensing the dead... that I could as a possibilty

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:33:29 PM
Why not sense inanimate objects? I mean, the force is in everything, right? Yoda said it himself. "It is in the rock," and all that jazz. I mean, if the Force wasn't in inanimate objects, then how else would you lift it?

By sensing the Force in an object and locking onto that essence, you can lift it, correct?

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:21:20 PM
no it surrounds us and binds us together.. the Force is made from living things. The energy field is what is manipulated... it isn't in the rock. The 'Force' or the 'energy' is what a Jedi uses to make the rock move.

Ace McCloud
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:34:54 PM
Ok well, one of you was neglected as a padawan... :lol

Garen Selore
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:00:31 PM
I always saw it as All things contain the force, but it is life that creates it and Binds it. I know it could just be me misunderstanding, (which has been happening alot since my nasty smack on the head) But thats how I viewed the force.

This is still in the planing stage. I have a thread in the GJO ground that could be used to introduse the sencing dead people aspect, but it could also be put off as Garen being paranoid.

As far as I'm concerned I could drop the idea all togeather, but If anything though I would Like to have Garen be able to sence Dead souls better than he could the living ones. :)

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:56:55 AM
Well, I know that Sejah (methinks) has a talent for sensing the buliding blocks, rather than the big picture. This could be a similar trait. I agree that the Force is not in inanimate objects, but if you could sense those building blocks, you could then sense inanimate objects.

I'd develop this quite heavily, however. Give lots of background on the why, when, and how so others can have a good concept of your talents.

Now, dead spirits are something I have no knowledge of.

Sure would be cool, though. ;)

Garen Selore
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:32:25 AM
I'm not really understanding what you mean by the Buliding Blocks. could somebody please try to explain?

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:08:12 AM
Like... molecules and stuff. :)

Zeke
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:09:39 AM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Why not sense inanimate objects?

Wouldn't stuff that has no Force signature appear as blank or something in Force sense? Like say lightsiders appeared as one color, darksiders another, and then inanimate stuff would be a flat, neutral thingy, like grey.

Garen Selore
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:45:03 AM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
Like... molecules and stuff. :)

Oh. Okay!

If what Zeke says is execptble wouldn't it be posable that Garen could just be better at seeing the Gray portion of the force?

Pierce Tondry
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:32:48 PM
My problem with the non-visible inanimate object debate is, when something is in your field of vision, alive or not you can see it. It doesn't become gray, or disappear if it's not alive. People wearing bright clothing who are moving about attract the eye more than a flat gray rock off to your side, but you can still see the rock if you turn your attention to it. Liken it also to thermal vision, where things with body heat stand out among other things that are still visible, just not as noticeable.

Also, no lightsaber is alive, yet a Jedi can sense theirs nonetheless.

So I firmly oppose the idea that inanimate objects cannot be sensed through the Force. I think sensing with the Force is about what the Jedi turns their attention toward perceiving, and inanimate objects stand out less but do not become non-visible.

Leten Snat
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:26:24 PM
I agree with Pierce (for what it's worth). I a jedi could not sence a Rock then how could they reach out with the force and lift it when they are blindfolded?

Mr Dust
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:32:39 PM
I have to agree with Pierce and Leten. How else would Luke have been able to detect the bolts from the training droid? The droid isn't alive, and the bolts are certainly not.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:04:16 PM
That's a very good point.

Hmm, I really don't see any problem with this. I mean, given that you asked first, rather than just made up something and ran with it, that's always a good thing.

I say go for it. :)

Kelt Simoson
Oct 23rd, 2003, 01:07:06 AM
I think its a bloody good idea to be honest :) LoL

Go for it :)

Garen Selore
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:31:01 AM
So I can go with my first Idea? Or do I have to change it slightly to get it to be Okay?

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 1st, 2003, 06:30:06 PM
i think that should be all right. sensing the deceased and all

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:26:23 PM
This small debate brings up another thing I was thinking about recently.

Terran recieved a braclet from his mother when he returned home for the first time having joined the GJO. It is very special to him, containing his mother's essence. Like a Jedi's connection to his or her lightsaber (as Pierce mentioned), Terran is very connected to the essence of his mother. Thus, he has sewn it into his belt, so that if he is seperated from his equipment, he can locate it by reaching into the Force to find that 'beacon' of energy.

I guess I automatically accepted this as possible, especially considering Terran is very much a sensing-feeling Jedi. I think that one can detect the presence of objects throught the Force, and would support Garen.

But I also posted to hear comments on my own personal spin on the subject. :)