PDA

View Full Version : Well then...(Alpha)

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:17:39 PM
Olra'en passed by the weapons check with minimal fuss. He handed over the lightsaber and dirk at his belt, and that was more or less that. Even as the weapons were taken, though, he was already looking about the bar for a familiar face.

Any familiar face, Darksiders being about as useful as Jedi in this instance.

Or pretty much anyone wearing Jedi robes.

Alpha
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:40:09 AM
Satine takes a sip of his drink, feeling a familiar presence in the Force. Cocking an eyebrow, he turns around in his seat, seeing the Sith he recognized as Je'gan looking around...Maybe he was lost?

"Je'gan!" Satine exclaims, waving him over. This was one Dark Sider that he had respect for. He might as well be nice to the guy. "You lost or somethin?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:36:22 AM
The Sithling's face brightened as he caught sight of one of the few Jedi he'd consider anything other than enemies.

"Master Capashen," he said cheerily, coming over to take a seat nearby. "I suppose you might call me a bit lost, yes, for lack of a better word. It's been a little while, hasn't it?"

Alpha
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:38:09 PM
"It has." Satine says, nodding. "Care for a drink? And what do you mean lost? Need some help?"

He smiles. How odd this must look...

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:07:58 PM
Je'gan caught Capashen's smile and cracked a grin himself.

"Well...maybe not lost... More like looking for something.

"Or getting away from something.

"Or whatever." He chuckled. "OK, OK, the real story...it's bloody simple, actually. The Sith Council got a bit tired of me being a generous benefactor of civilization, and kicked me off Corellia, presumably to cause some havoc. Just because I help some girl join the GJO, and treat a fight with some bald Jedi like a formal duel instead of trying to kill him..." He threw up his hands sarcastically. "Overreacting, the lot of them. So what if I act like a Jedi sometimes...I still get the job done, and isn't that what matters?"

Alpha
Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:50:40 AM
"Which job are you talking about?" Satine says, a bit of irony in his voice, "helping people, or being Sith-like?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 23rd, 2003, 03:54:40 PM
"Either or," he replied drily. "As an all-around do-gooder, I'm effective; at backing up my fellow Sith, I do what I can. Fight a Jedi, rescue a comrade...you wouldn't believe the scrapes some of these youngsters can get into if unattended." Je'gan was eighteen, looked it, and knew it; his voice practically dripped sarcasm.

"So what's been keeping you busy lately?"

Alpha
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:17:06 PM
"Pirate squabbles pretty much everywhere, plus a few 'hunting' trips. Not too much. And as for the youngsters--" and Satine laughs at this--"I have quite a good idea of what they can get into."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:18:00 PM
"'Hunting?'"

Alpha
Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:44:54 PM
"My term for me going out and trying to take down one or two Sith before they can do something to hurt the innocent. Call it preemptive defense."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 24th, 2003, 12:44:46 PM
Je'gan cocked an eyebrow. "I do hope you're going for known threats and experienced criminals. For some of us, it's just wrong vocation, wrong place, wrong time."

Alpha
Oct 24th, 2003, 10:58:27 PM
"Oh, I know. I try to go after Sith with a Lord rank or better. Once they're that high, it should just be open game. Don't worry, I'm not petty enough to beat on your side's Apprentices..."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 25th, 2003, 06:57:05 AM
He shrugged. "Fair enough. Dark Lords can take care of themselves, I suppose. Me, I operate along similar, if inverted lines-" his voice turned droll "-I've never challenged a Jedi above the rank of Knight.

"How successful have your 'hunting' trips been of late?"

Alpha
Oct 25th, 2003, 07:38:35 AM
"Not very. Something always happens to distract one of us. What of you? How's your own little battles been?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 25th, 2003, 09:07:42 AM
"Decent, decent. I ran backup for the SecCorp incident, and that turned out pretty well. Before that, fought a weird Jedi with impeccable manners and a penchant for turning himself insubstantial. Standstill. And then there's my infernal luck for running into a woman by the name of Kasajian, Sorsha Kasajian...

"But yeah, overall a fairly decent record for a Sith apprentice. No deaths on my hands as yet, but I think I've proven my abilities, to myself at least."

Je'gan snapped his fingers. "That's right...how could I have forgotten? My mistake: I have fought a Jedi above Knight level...you. And that reminds me. I've still got your lightsaber; it's in the weapons locker at the door." He shook his head. "I've been meaning to get that back to you for a while now. Only reason I took it in the first place was that you went berserk and attacked Lord Malice. Not that I blame you, but it was my duty to even up the odds as best I could."

Alpha
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:53:54 AM
"I understand." Satine says, nodding. Then one thing the Sith said hit him. He raised an eyebrow. "Sorsha Kasajian? I've had my own dealings with her. She's off her rocker, if youask me."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:59:43 PM
Je'gan nodded, albeit with some reservations. "She does seem a bit power-mad, I guess...although the last time I talked with her she didn't seem insane, exactly..." He shrugged indifferently. "As far as I'm concerned, she's an obstacle. End of story.

"So tell me...planning anything interesting I could get involved in?"

Alpha
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:37:34 AM
Satine takes a sip of his drink, considering his words.

"I really hadn't had anything planned. You got any kind of ideas?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:33:42 PM
"'Hunting.' Dark Jedi are starting to really annoy me."

Alpha
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:11:02 AM
"Hmmm....An enemy to both the Sith and Jedi...Do you realize how odd this is going to sound when we try to explain it to the higher ups in both our Orders?"

Satine chuckles.

"I'm in."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 29th, 2003, 06:14:55 PM
"I've got a decent idea of it, yes...where do you think we should start?"

Alpha
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:59:00 AM
"I don't know, actually...Know any place that had an advertised Dark Jedi hanging around it?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:06:12 PM
"Pshaw," Je'gan scoffed. "Not a chance. What we really should be looking for is places that have a historical connection to the Dark Side. Onderon, Yavin, Empress Teta, et cetera. Dark Jedi practically swarm around places like that."

Alpha
Oct 30th, 2003, 07:59:47 PM
"Hmm...I've been to a few places like that recently. I vote we head to Onderon. We mighrt find someone there."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:21:51 AM
"Onderon it is, then," Je'gan responded.

"Minor question...you wouldn't happen to have any spare lightsabers lying about, would you? You're probably going to need both of yours, and I'll need a weapon myself, besides my dirk."

Alpha
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:37:32 AM
"I have a couple stashed in my quarters. In fact...I have an old tri-phase sabre I used to use as a Sith still stashed there...It's yours if you want it..."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 31st, 2003, 03:44:16 PM
"I'd love it...what's a 'tri-phase' again? Normal, training, in-between?"

Alpha
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:28:42 PM
"It's simply a lightsabre with three differenct focusing gems, giving me three different lengths. The first phase it about the length of a short sword, second the size of a longsword, and the final phase is about the length of a greatsword. It takes some practice to become proficient to actually use the third phase."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:30:14 PM
Je'gan whistled. "I'll say...something tells me that training with the bloody thing could get fun.

"When do you think we should leave for Onderon?"

Alpha
Oct 31st, 2003, 11:23:33 PM
"Whenever you're ready. I'll need around five minutes to grab the weapons, but then we'll be ready. Unless you have anything that needs doing...?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 1st, 2003, 10:34:11 AM
Je'gan shook his head emphatically. "Everything that needs doing has either already been done, or can be accomplished within five minutes. I'll stick around here; I may be young and naive, but I'm not enough of a fool to enter the Jedi Temple."

Alpha
Nov 1st, 2003, 06:37:26 PM
Satine laughs. "Alright. I'll be back in a few minutes. Hang on..."

Satine gets up, heading out, and into the Living Quarters. Quickly making his way to his room, he smiles. this was definately odd.

Stepping into his room, he opens the weapon locker, taking out a small black metal case, and tucking it under his arm. He gives a half-smile, and closes the locker. He could outfit himself on the way there.

Satine returns a few minutes later, placing the box on the table. He notices Je'gan's curious look, and slowly opens the box, revealing an ancient looking lightsabre inside.

the pommel ended in a spike, and the thing didn't look so much made, but formed, as if it was carved out of metal. Around the lens was arranged seven spikes, pointed up like claws, and there was one button, and a thumbslide.

"There it is. Kurai, the Darkness."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:58:55 PM
"It's..." Je'gan's voice trailed off, and for lack of any words to express his pleasure he closed the box.

"I suppose I'll have to get a power cell for it...how else could you have gotten it in here, unless it was unpowered?" Rhetorical question, really, but he was still in shock. The thing looked made for him.

Alpha
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:27:56 PM
"Nope, power cell is still in there. I'm a Warrior Jedi, after all. I have some privledges around here."

He smiled as he noticed Je'gan's reaction to the thing. He seemed in a state of shock.

"I take it you like the sabre?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:27:40 AM
"Ooooh yes indeed. I think I'm going to have to get used to it, though. I've always fenced, you see."

Alpha
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:32:51 PM
"Well, you could still fence with the first two pahses. It's the last that might give you problems."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:59:24 PM
"Yeah...getting used to that'll be tricky. How long did it take you to learn how to use the third setting properly?

"And for that matter, Master Capashen, since when were you ever a Sith?"

Alpha
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:06:38 AM
"It took me a good three months." he says with a grin. Upon hearing Je'gan's other question, he thinks. "It was a long time ago. Back when the Sith Council and the Sith Empire were strong groups--were even here, for that matter. I used to be a Sith Warrior for the Empire. But that was a long time ago, and I'm a Jedi now."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:36:54 PM
Je'gan nodded, temporarily at a loss for words.

"And this is why you hunt Darksiders so fiercely? Because you know them so well?"

Alpha
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:56:10 PM
"Exactly. I know what they can do, that's why I want to rid the Galaxy of them."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:58:25 PM
Je'gan nodded as his mind switched tracks. "What ship are we taking? Public transport? Do you have a vessel of your own?"

Alpha
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:23:30 PM
"I've got a vessel berthed not too far from here. Shall we be off?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:43:12 AM
"Sure." Je'gan stood and entered the doorway again, where he retrieved 'his' lightsaber from the guards. He hefted it once more, then turned to Satine.

"Here you go, Master Capashen."

Alpha
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:38:27 PM
Satine smiles as he grasps the familiar hilt of the sabre, looking over it carefully. turning his gaze back to Je'gan, he grins. "You've taken good care of it. Thank you."

{OOC: Shall you or I start a thread in the Roleplaying Forum for the next part?}

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:53:21 PM
OOC/ Go ahead.