PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Participants

Sheyleigh Castille
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:55:49 AM
Hello everyone -

I'm posting this because I posted a thread titled What If in the open roleplay forum. I'm hoping that others will participate. The basics of the plot (without giving too much away) is this:

Ever have one of those moments in your life when you said something along the lines of ... "If only I had known before.." or "If I knew then what I know now, I'd do this differently.." ?

The Eternity Crystal allows the user who holds it to travel through time. In the case of Sheyleigh Castille, she is seeking this ancient relic so that she can travel back in time to the day before her husband was killed in an 'accident'. (It was murder, but she could never prove it was - atleast not yet). She figures if she can go back to the day before, she can prevent the 'accident' from happening and her husband will survive.

However, there would be others in the galaxy that may want to possess that crystal. Those with evil in their hearts might want to have it so that they can travel back in time (or even forward) to usurp the Jedi, for example, possibly going back to the era of when Palpatine had the Jedi killed off almost to the point of extinction. Perhaps groups would like to get involved, explore the possible outcomes of "What if the Sith ruled the galaxy?" or "What if the Bounty Hunters could travel through time?"

Anyways, those were just some things I had thought of while posting. Its open to any who wish to join. I'm not picky at all as to how or what others post in it so long as it all ties in together somehow.

Charley
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:44:08 PM
Time travel is a bit on the much side.

Sheyleigh Castille
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:49:07 PM
the Eternity Crystal is listed in the Unoffical SW Encyclopedia on theforce.net

Eternity Crystal

part of a fantastic ruse concocted by Darth Vader to lure Leia Organa into his clutches, this wondrous stone, created by the Jerni millennia before the rise of the New Order, was rumored to allow the user to travel through time. Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa tried to recover the crystal to aid the Alliance, but were captured on Jerne by Ryko Vant. They had hoped to use the stone to return to the Old Republic and prevent the rise of Emperor Palpatine and the destruction of Alderaan, much as Vader had predicted. His forced were attacked by Meeka Reen's guerillas, who took Luke and Leia as their own prisoners. They learned that the crystal was housed on Adony Station, and raced to recover it before Darth Vader could beat them to it. Unfortunately, Vader had rigged the vault to explode when opened, in an effort to kill Luke and Leia. The vault exploded, catching all three of them. They managed to escape, but the crystal and much of Adony Station were destroyed.

Can I use it?

Charley
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:52:39 PM
Read the <a href=faq.php?s=>FAQ</a>. Use of time travel falls under the godmoding clause.

(edit: omg lol. Typing FAQ auto-formats the hyperlink into it. What a neat feature.)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:52:46 PM
created by the Jerni millennia before the rise of the New Order, was rumored to allow the user to travel through time.

Doesn't mean it actually allows time travel :)

Pierce Tondry
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:50:01 PM
I actually read that comic. The crystal never did allow for time travel, it was all a ruse by Vader to trap Luke and Leia, as is stated in the first line of the entry.

Sheyleigh Castille
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:06:20 PM
Right. I thought maybe it'd be fun to see what kind of story could develop from it. I didn't state that anyone would -actually- travel through time. They may not even find it, if it exists. But let's say it does exist in the rp. I just thought that maybe using it as an ancient as-of-yet truly undiscovered artifact, it might make for a 'treasure hunt filled with murder, back-stabbing, intrigue, etc' story.

:\

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:15:14 PM
I doesn't matter whether or not the crystal can actually do what people say it can - you can still have a good storytline around people believing that it can. People are pretty gullible ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:36:29 PM
Dasquian has a good point.

In the end, if you want to say that the crystal really can do time travel, then the RP would have to be in the storytelling forum, with all participants agreeing to the time travel bit. It would not affect the rest of the board, and would only be for that one RP.

Treasure hunts filled with murder, back-stabbing, intrigue and etc. are right up Arya's (another of my characters) alley however, so I'd be thrilled to join in. :)

Sheyleigh Castille
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:37:04 PM
Whew, ok good. I was afraid it was going to have to be scrapped and deleted and all that :\ I read the FAQ and I don't godmode ever, so I'm glad that this can still be used. I read a bunch of other posts and I figure its safe to trust any others who join to not actually travel through time, but to go along with the 'believing' or disbelieving, the intrigue etc. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:38:46 PM
Just leave it as an artifact rumored to allow time travel, and people will flock. Actually traveling through time is godmoding though. :) 'Cause I would go back, kill Marcus' grandfather, and then GJO would never exist. ;)

Rognan Dar
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:41:13 PM
And then what would you do when the GJO is gone? You will have nothing to fight against or for. Once you control the Galaxy then you'll go back to killing eachother for the title of Sith Lord.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:47:39 PM
;) That's why time travel is not allowed, and hence the winky face to mean I was kidding.

Alpha
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:48:59 PM
This sounds kinda interesting. :) I'm in. :D

Rognan Dar
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:49:51 PM
I understood the winky face. I'm just giving a example of how that, if allowed, it could make the forums eat the dust and die.

Sheyleigh Castille
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:51:31 PM
Great :) Thanks for joining! It'll be fun and keeping it as an artifact etc etc is no problem. I probably should have stated in this thread that the time travel part wouldnt -actually- happen. My fault.

Mr Dust
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:59:25 PM
Originally posted by Rognan Dar
I understood the winky face. I'm just giving a example of how that, if allowed, it could make the forums eat the dust and die.

No eating me! The Forums may not eat me! I'll not stand for it!

hGozomi
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:14:25 PM
>D >D

cmere bebe

Mr Dust
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:15:31 PM
Takes off hat and wanders over with a totally innocent look on his face.

Yes'm?

Peter McCoy
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:54:53 AM
Who ever said you can't travel through time? :p

Incidentally, the mere premise of this roleplay grabs me by the lapels and says "Jump in head first!", and so I can't ignore such a convincing premise. I'm in :)

*Goes back in time*

Sheyleigh Castille
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:52:44 PM
:) Wonderful! Happy to have you joining the thread. Have fun with it and as I mentioned before, I'm not picky on how things go. I do, however, need to find someone (or end up making up someones) willing to be the one who killed Shey's husband. The plot spawns from his death and the events that led up to it; (figured to post much of that information as past sequences or whatever). Anyone who may be interested in that aspect of the plot, feel free to send me a PM :)