Still in development:

Custom Profile/Biography page
Newsletter
Official Merchandise store

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:05:03 AM
Sig hosting for 5 sigs per "paid" account

5?!?! shit, that's pretty good.

But what use is five sigs if it's not a Random one? It does seem a bit pointless unless you also put in the current randimg.php or %USER%.pl scripts for use as well.

Which, come to think of it.... is that a do-able idea? As well as 5 sigs, include use of randomiser script?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:46:03 AM
I' would think you wouldn't have to use the 5 sigs all for one account. They could be for your other accounts as well.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:04:56 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
5?!?! shit, that's pretty good.

But what use is five sigs if it's not a Random one? It does seem a bit pointless unless you also put in the current randimg.php or %USER%.pl scripts for use as well.

Which, come to think of it.... is that a do-able idea? As well as 5 sigs, include use of randomiser script? I wouldn't want to be the one to do the code (even though I can and its not really hard), but I don't see how it would be a problem. This host does have PHP and cgi functionality. Doubtful I would advertise random sig ability as people would then expect it to be done for them.
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I' would think you wouldn't have to use the 5 sigs all for one account. They could be for your other accounts as well. This is what I was thinking.

ReaperFett
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:22:00 PM
Surely you could use CGIspy? You have your 5 links, you input them into the random sig and et voila, random sig?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:33:42 PM
*tests thread rating* :mischief

TheHolo.Net
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:37:19 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Surely you could use CGIspy? You have your 5 links, you input them into the random sig and et voila, random sig? I think I would rather see people do that anyway. If we had dozens or more random PHP or CGI scripts running for sigs its bound to effect sever load eventually.

ReaperFett
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:43:05 PM
To my knowledge the CGIspy one picks a random URL and uses it.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:53:13 PM
I don't really care how CGISpy works. I was saying that I would rather we not host the actual php/cgi for random sigs, hosting the images is no problem.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 25th, 2003, 07:29:04 PM
Okay, I have an announcement in teh way of "paid" member features:

We now have PhotoPost software installed, onfigured and running here at SWFans.Net forums. the "Gold" account process is still under development, but I want those of you with preview access to go ahead and test things out for me if you like.

<a href=/photopost>The SWFans.Net Gallery</a>

At the moment the restrictions/policies are as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Each "Gold" member has 10MB of storage space

Individual image uploads are limited to no more than 500 KB

Maximum image file resolution is 1280 X 1280

Members with upload access can edit, move and delete their own images.

All SWFans.Net registered users can make comments and rate image uploads.

All registered members have the ability to send Gallery images as Ecards to friends or family.

Sigs can be uploaded to PhotoPost for display, but not hotlinked on the forums.

Thumbnail images can be hotlinked on the forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------

give it a whirl, test it out, and have fun. Don't hesitate to give feedback or ask questions.

Thanks

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:18:06 AM
This is all so very cool :) I definetly think I will go Gold when its available :D

imported_Eve
Oct 26th, 2003, 09:05:45 AM
Ooooh so excited Ogre!

These forums are platinum now!

A couple things:
The link on the portal page (for contributions) - maybe we should edit the wording a bit to also say that this is the link to upgrade your account as well.

About the newsletter:
I was thinking - if we're doing this - the first newsletter goes to everyone and its about the new features and upgrades. So people can be aware of what is now available.

After the first newsletter, it goes to paid members only. People can just PM me with announcements, reviews, etc. If I don't hear anything from a group, I'll send them a reminder.

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2003, 09:24:20 AM
One question I have. If someone pays to upgrade, can we specify which account, or must it be whoever is logged in pays?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:47:53 AM
Originally posted by Eve
Ooooh so excited Ogre!

These forums are platinum now!

A couple things:
The link on the portal page (for contributions) - maybe we should edit the wording a bit to also say that this is the link to upgrade your account as well.

About the newsletter:
I was thinking - if we're doing this - the first newsletter goes to everyone and its about the new features and upgrades. So people can be aware of what is now available.

After the first newsletter, it goes to paid members only. People can just PM me with announcements, reviews, etc. If I don't hear anything from a group, I'll send them a reminder. I like both suggestions, but will need a seperate link for upgrades(probably in that same block). Explanation comming.
Originally posted by ReaperFett
One question I have. If someone pays to upgrade, can we specify which account, or must it be whoever is logged in pays? I'm going to put together a submission form that proceeds the paypal payment, which will allow a user to input whatever name they want this to apply to, has a field for CT, a field for paypal name, so I can match payment verification with submission, and also provides me with some other useful information so that I can have a DB that tells the what when and where people upgraded their account. this will give me the ability to write some macros/queries that let me know when the year-long subscription is nearly up so I can notify people. Then after the form is submitted, paypal will be the next and last upgrade step.

This method will also make it easy for people to purchase CT's alone and also to purchase an upgraded account for someone else, kind of like a gift or whatnot.

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:50:10 AM
Okay, that's good. Just needed to check :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2003, 02:32:28 PM
Hmmmm, I found another Web Based mail access hack that looks pretty damn nice and.........doesn't cost $48.

vB POP3 / IMAP Email Client 1.4 - by Dr. Erwin Loh (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50783)

Features:

1. Only 1 file to upload, no templates, no file edits!
2. Automatic integration into your forums, with your forum colors and layout.
3. Accesses any POP3 or IMAP email account.
4. Ability to bypass any firewalls that any mail servers may have.
5. Ability to READ, REPLY, REPLY ALL, DELETE, FORWARD, and COMPOSE emails using the interface.
6. Ability to read HTML emails.
7. Ability to ATTACH files.
8. Ability to VIEW / DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENTS.
9. Ability to show HEADERS of emails.
10. Ability to allow certain usergroups access to this.
11. Ability to allow or disallow users from changing their FROM: email address
12. Ability to let yourself change the FROM: email address at at all times.
13. Your user can use this to access their ISP email account, or (Yahoo email or Hotmail premium accounts) via your forums!

Erwin writes some sweet hacks and is a moderator at the vB.org forums. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 03:11:52 PM
^_^; the 'gold/master/premium/platinum/super' account is looking pretty keen. :):thumbup

DarthHERA
Oct 31st, 2003, 10:59:47 PM
LD...or anyone - how do you "Rate"? Where's the button at?

(I just know its somewhere obvious..)

Btw - OUTSTANDING JOB on this upgrade Ogre, All involved.

Very Cool.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2003, 11:04:08 PM
Thread Rating options are found near the bottom right of the page when viewing a thread. There is a drop down box with the text "Rate This Thread" just above it. This drop down is unlike most on the forums in that after you make your selection, you actually have to click the "go" button next to it for it to work. Helps keep a person from accidentally selecting the wrong one IMO.

Thanks for the Kudos. And thank you, because you also gave input during development so you were a part of the whole process youself. :)

DarthHERA
Oct 31st, 2003, 11:39:43 PM
Ah, thanks for the info - I woulda been quite a while looking for it. Typical

*pats self on back...streeeeeetches and pats Ogre on back too :D

Master Yoghurt
Nov 1st, 2003, 06:00:45 AM
:: pats Hera's back ::

:D