PDA

View Full Version : This is....Jacoby...(Council attention)

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:37:48 AM
It only took, Mylia, Quay'Na and their new bundle a few moments to get from the living quarters to the Council chambers.

The small child was fully awake and happy to be in Quay'Na's arms, gurgling and making little noises that babies normally did, while chewing on a toy.

"Well, here goes nothing." She said to Mylia and then looked at Jacoby. "Let's go." She knocked first before she opened the door and they entered, hoping that they weren't interrupting anything. They weren't or at least it seemed they weren't.

She and Mylia entered and walked into the middle of the council chambers and bowed a greeting to the council. Or at least, Quay'Na tried as good as she could while holding Jacoby.

"Good evening, Masters." Quay'Na began, shifting Jacoby a little into a more comfortable position. "We've come to introduce someone...this is Jacoby. I...er...we, found him outside the back Temple doors a while ago. He was about to be attacked by some wild Anooba's in the alley." She stopped for a moment, while the child dropped his toy.

"A note was attached to his shirt asking for the Jedi to take him in, his mother was living on the streets and had no way to care properly for him." Quay'Na handed the worn paper to the nearest council member. It read:

Please, take care of my son. I've no money and am living on the streets. His name is Jacoby...

"This is no normal child either, he has Garou in him." Quay'Na acknowledged as she waited for a response.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:06:21 PM
"Quay'Na, the Jedi Order is not an orphanage. There are other suitable places for this baby."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:23:29 PM
Quay'Na nodded. "Yes, Master, I realize that. But, I feel that this child is Force-sensitive and that's only because he's part Garou." She stopped for a moment and looked at him. "I would like to make a personal request that I care for the child until he's adopted?"

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:35:56 PM
"A child is a very large responsibility, even with the help of another."

I took the paper and read it over, feeling sympathetic to the mother's plight, but in agreement with Anbira.

"We have seen this before, and although we cannot stop our fellow Jedi from having children, in cases like these, it is most prudent to offer the child up for a more stable home. After all, the life of a Jedi is not terribly condusive to raising children."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:43:20 PM
“I can give first hand testament that raising a child detracts from studies and training. It being so early in your own training, it is probably not a good idea for you take on an extra burden.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:01:11 PM
"I understand your concern, Masters." Quay'Na answered with a nod. "I can do it, I know I can and if you'd just give me the chance to prove it, I know you wouldn't be disappointed."

She looked at the child and sighed. "I, myself may never have the chance to have a child, due to medical reasons and some part of me feels that there is a deeper reason why I found him. Like it was meant to be...I know that probably sounds silly." She said as she looked back amongst the council. "I beg this of you, just to give me the chance. I won't allow it to interfere with my studies, I promise. I can work around it." Her eyes were pleading to them, she couldn't lose this child.

Kelt Simoson
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:05:33 PM
' I must agree with the other councilors Quay'Na, although i trust you would be an excellent mother for the child, i think that life of a Jedi and the surroundings of such a task is not quite fit for a child of that age.' Said Kelt quietly.

' I also think that the child should have its own choice to be able to want to even be a Jedi, it may have force senses but he may not want to act on them as a Jedi. If he stays here i think it would be forcing rhe decision upon the young lad' Kelt continued in thought.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:19:44 PM
This was not going as well as Quay'Na had imagined. They weren't going to allow her to keep him....

Finally, in a last desperate chance to keep him. Quay'Na looked at them. "With all due respect, Masters. I've read in the Archives the days of the Old Order and how they took on children at the age of six months old to have them taught in the ways of the Jedi, so not to have any interference from the outside world. Ones who were my age, weren't given the chance, because they were told that they were too old to join. Why is it so different now? The children back then were molded into the Order because they were Force-sensitive. And wouldn't it be wiser to have him here in the Order and not in a orphanage situation where a possible Sith could get a hold of him and force him into the Darkside?" Her words just came and she couldn't stop them, it was something that she believed in and she spoke them from her heart.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:03:17 PM
“They were taken in by Knights or Masters, Quay’Na. Jedi who had already completed their own training. As I previously stated, you are still learning yourself and therefore are not in the same situation as the Jedi in the days of the Older Order, as you put it.”

Dasquian had first hand knowledge of the ‘old days’, having been a member then.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:26:30 PM
"And those were different times, Padawan Rakai." I added to Dasquian's words, looking seriously at the small, silent bundle in her arms.

"They were different for a reason. We now know more about Force-sensitivity, and training of all ages. And besides, there are many other children living out across the galaxy who have the ability to sense the Force. Over time, it will lie dormant. He will have a normal life, something you cannot guarantee if he were to be raised here among the Jedi."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:51:36 PM
Quay'Na sighed in defeat as she looked at the now sleeping form in her arms. "It just feels right, Masters." She told them quietly and it did. But, it didn't matter, she was losing the battle. Quay'Na wouldn't go against what they told her to do.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:56:41 PM
"The quick and easy path is most often the wrong one, Quay'Na. In the end, I am sure the wisdom of our decision will be imparted unto you."

AmazonBabe
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:54:14 PM
:: In the end, all that needed to be said had been said, and AB kept her peace. Yet, something still nagged at her. ::

:: Garou, as far as she knew, were not that common a species in the galaxy. And most were closely knit in family. As it were, she only knew of a few Garou who had been a part of the Order. ::

:: She watched the child sleeping soundly, oblivious to the decisions being made, and wondered exactly who had left the child here in the care of the Jedi, when a monastary, convent, or orphanage would have done. ::

Lady Mylia
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:31:44 PM
Mylia stepped up from the back where she had been standing. She felt very sympathetic for her friend, she could feel her heart breaking with each word the council uttered. She cleared her throat. "I know our organization isn't an orphanage, but you know the true dangers of orphanages in Corusant, the risk the child would be put in. Jacoby is special to Quay'Na, and this could really aid her in her growth and maturity as Jedi, as a person...." Mylia let her words fade as she looked to the Council with the upmost respect. She would never wish to do anything to upset them, she just wanted what was best for her friend and little Jacoby.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:41:26 AM
"And what is best, is that the child be raised in a more appropriate manner. Not here."

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:30:58 AM
"Padawan Basque, I understand her plight... and the plight of this child. It is not... easy to be alone in this world."

I looked back to Quay'na and continued. "However, a child, even a natural one, is not to be used as a tool or pawn for self-development. It may be the best thing for you, padawan Rakai, but is it the best thing for the child?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:45:52 PM
"I would love this child like no other, Master Relvinian and I would never use it as a tool for my own causes. But, if you are unwilling to allow me this...I would like to ask the Council just one last request." She stepped forward a little more.

"I know of a family that would be very willing to take him on. A family with no children of their own, my aunt and uncle, Aramis and Kelli Rakai. If you would just allow me one week to contact them and ask, I know they would take him and if worse comes to worse, I will take him to the orphanage, myself. One week is all I ask." Quay'Na prayed that they would allow her this, this one last request.

Kelt Simoson
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:01:19 PM
Kelt simply nodded gently.

' I have no trouble against that...' Kelt said quietly ' I think it is atleast respectfull towards the lad that he is given the best home and parents he can possibly have.'

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:34:09 PM
"It takes time to make arrangements. One week to contact your family. And if not, then find him an orphanage. I know a man by the name of Abel Kannan who runs an orphanage. He is a very trustworthy man. It is my suggestion that you take the child to him if your family will not take care of him."

Wei chuckled slightly. He had been in Quay'Na's position before with a young child named Aiden. But Aiden was taken away from Wei by Darksiders.

"Quay'Na, it is true that the Greater Jedi Order is not an orphanage. We do not take in homeless children and care for them. But I would say it is within our duty to help them find people who can take care of them. Do not be sad and think that you are not taking care of the child by giving him over to another person's care. Rather, be glad that you are able to help the child find much better care than you are able to give."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:07:42 PM
"Yes, of course, Master Wei. I will do as you advise as always, I'm not into making trouble with the Council. One week, I promise." The situation wasn't completely at a loss, she knew her aunt and uncle would take him. Things would work out...she hoped.

Lady Mylia
Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:46:50 PM
Mylia nodded. "Thank you, Masters." She looked to Quay as she turned to leave.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:57:35 PM
Quay'Na bowed carefully as she held Jacoby in her arms. "Thank you, Masters. I'll be contacting my family right away." She turned to leave with Mylia.