PDA

View Full Version : To the OOC posts here:

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:27:43 AM
OOC NOTES: Not to be overly picky, but to be sure this is done right – Kathryn, I have a few things I was trying to get at by jumping in:

1) This isn’t one of the things I was trying to get at, but should be noted: Your character is not aware that LV is his master and should not refer to her as such until she has somehow, in character, been made aware of it
2) I think Im pretty good at not god moding and make a very conscious effort not to do it – is it entirely possible that your character, completely untrained would be able to just shrug off the efforts of a nearly knighted member of the order? In doing this, he was just trying to get her to realize that she isn’t so holier than thou as she comes off - Im actually on your side here in trying to give you the opportunity to roleplay in a semi sort of “fight” situation.
3) OOC – none of us are understanding why your character wants to join as she comes off ICly as someone who isn’t really interested at all and we’re trying to draw this out. If there is some way that you could help, it would make it a bit easier to recruit you.

(OOC: You made it obvious, she is either a master, or your master. You refered to her with your question. You acted as her. She has some influence on you. It is a simple intuitive leap to assume that she is either your master, or she is a master who has a connection with you. To shrug off pain does not take skill, it takes will power to ignore pain. I think I made it clear that she has a strong will. I, as a person, can and do shrug off pain, even when I got 12 stiches. I do not see it as God Moding to shrug off pain, only will. I am also assuming you are not trying to make it painfully obvious for Kathryn or to the others in the room to know that you are doing it. For doing that to a potential member could shatter the union of the sith. She thinks the sith would be a place to further her knowledge. A place to hone her skills to a new height. A blend of knowledge and practice. I am trying to make her hard to understand, to allow for twists later on, greater freedom with developing her. )

OOC:

1) He was being polite and deferential to LV and to Southstar (who is not his master) - That does not automatically make it obvious that she is Maxim’s master. It is not a ‘simple intuitive step’ – it is a major assumption.
2) I never said you were God-moding – I said that I make a very conscious effort not to do it, and explained what I was trying to get at by having had him take the actions that he had taken. Yes, it takes will power to ignore pain, but I think it might also take a bit more. But whatever. Its your decision how you’d like to have your character react, andif she’s that strong without any training, well I guess she’s just that strong.
3) Your assumption that he is not trying to make it painfully obvious for Kathryn or to the others in the room to know what he is doing is incorrect. If she’d had any sort fo reaction at all, LV or Southstar, with their experience, would certainly have felt it through the force, and recognized it as such. His actions would do nothing to ‘shatter the union of the sith’ as she is not a member yet.
4) I have no problem with making her hard to understand – but just as in real life you wouldn’t want to accept someone to your order that you didn’t understand or like, these guys here wouldn’t accept her if they didn’t understand why she wanted to join, or they didn’t like her.

LV or Southstar, I guess ya might want to jump back in. Im not going to be around tomorrow (Fri) or Mon, Tues, Wed