PDA

View Full Version : For some credits and more. (Duke Quells, closed)

Southstar
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:38:54 AM
A starship soared through hyperspace in the general direction of the Outer Rim, a planet called Kruthia to be exact. Aboard the ship was Southstar, his apprentice, and two pilots.

The ship was coming from Nal Hutta, there Southstar had a meeting with a Hutt named Retga. The Hutt was offering a fair amount of credits for the head of a Kruthian named Jaros Detra. It seemed the Kruthian had managed to kill Retga's daughter four standard days from her marriage with another Hutt. Retga didn't know many of the details, or at least he didn't give Southstar them, but what he did say was that it was a bloodbath. There were at least a dozen guards present as well as a medicore bounty hunter and all exits were open, yet no one escaped.

The offer specified Sith, the bounty hunter failed to do any good in protecting the Retga's daughter, therefore Retga distrusted the bountry hunters for the moment, so he took the next best thing, a Sith looking for a few extra credits. Credits, however, was not the main reason Southstar agreed to kill this Jaros. His apprentice Duke had learned the basic skills back at the Sith Palace, now it was time to put them into preactice.

Four hours remained before the ship would exit hyperspace and they would come to Kruthia to do the deed they had been hired to do. Southstar had spent the past hour alone in his private quarters allowing his mind to think rapidly about the possibilities and dangers they may encounter on the planet. Southstar had done a little research on the planet and found that it was currently at war with the neighboring planet, Osidian. It seemed the conflict was hundreds of years old but the New Republic as well as the Old had always interviened preventing either side from exterminating the other. It was likely that the two Sith would become involved in some way in the war, but Southstar would do his best to avoid it. On the subject of the soon to be dead man Jaros Detra, Southstar found not much. After the slaughter of the Hutt's daughter he seemed to have disappeared for a short time. Then it showed that a Jaros Detra had been drafted into the war on the side of the Kruthians, his native species. That was all he knew.

Southstar called Duke to his room via telepathy. Hopefully Duke was getting used to it and soon he would be able to preform the technique himself. Duke opened the door and found Southstar relaxing in a chair.

"Take a seat." He said and Duke did as Southstar commanded.

With the Force Southstar shut the door and then turned back to Duke. "I'm going to ask your opinion on something, feel free to express it and hold nothing back." Southstar said and then proceded to give the information about the warring planets. According to legend, the Osidians had started it nearly 1200 years ago over the issue of who would control the mines on the moons of another planet in the system, a gas giant. The war started on the moons but grew until each species had begun invading each other's planets. Several times both the Osidians and the Kruthians nearly conquored the other planet. The Jedi and the Old Republic had often stepped in to ensure that neither species was completely dominated by the other. To the Jedi, it didn't seem fair that one planet should be slave to another.

"With this information tell me why you think the conflict has not resolved itself. Why do these planets continue to fight?"

Duke Quells
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:02:21 PM
Duke listened intently to the information presented to him, and thought it over for several minutes before he replied,

"I think it has gone way beyond the issue of mines. I think, with so many generations, one after another, descendants going to war, no, it is not the issue of mines, I think it has become a tradition. Young ones were raised, bred, to hate the other, I wouldn't be suprised if they forgot the reason they started the war. It seems to be nothing more than savage rivalry and tradition born out of a small dispute." Duke said in a calm, thoughtful voice.

Southstar
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:31:25 PM
Duke made a good point, it did seem to become a tradition with each species. Although close, it wasn't quite what Southstar was getting at.

"This is very true, but why hasn't one species taken over the other? At certain points in time each could permenently wipe the other out and therefore ending the conflict. But why does the conflict rage on?"