PDA

View Full Version : Action to be taken against Kraken - please read

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:36:26 PM
Originally posted by Taylor Millard on 07-07-03
Thread one: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29740

Thread two (where he openly says he tried to circuvent policy): http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=30386#post546529

Thread three: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=551257#post551257

Ban...now please.

Originally posted by SWFans.Net on 07-16-03
He has been warned in this thread for subverting the swear filter:

<a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30791>Link</a>

Here is a copy of the post he did so in: (post #31)
Originally posted by Hapan Expeditionary Fleet
Yeah, I am Kraken. I......Ohhhh, Sh**. I forgot to register my guy in the Character section. Excuse me.............. And my subsequent warning:
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
H.E.F./Kraken

Consider yourself warned. Subvert the censor filter again in any way and face disciplinary action.

Originally posted by Eve on 07-18-03
Okay how does this sound:

Warning 7-18-03

Admiral Kraken, this is an official warning from the staff regarding your conduct here, at SWForums.net.

You have been called out several times by several roleplayers and some staff members for God-moding. Many of our members have tried to help you with making your posts contingent with SWForum Roleplaying policy and precident. You have not, as of now, taken any of the warnings or messages seriously. You have admitted that your posts are flawed in this way, and yet have made no attempt to change your roleplaying ways to fit in with the FAQ and rules.

Furthermore, you have disrespected the post-timing rule (or you have posted out-of-turn) on several occassions. Being that we are an internet based community, you must give fellow roleplayers a chance to respond to your posts before you post another play. You have done this repeatedly, and also admitted to doing so, yet you have made no attempt to change your ways to fit in with the FAQ and rules.

All in all, several people have told you where you're violating the Roleplaying FAQ (as stated above), you have admitted to doing so, and several people have been courteous enough to help you learn the SWForum ways. However, you continue to disrespect both the Godmoding and Posting-in-turn rules. Hence, this is your official warning to cease such activity, or banning will ensue.

For the record, you have previously been warned for swearing (or setting off the swear filter), and also for your sig not meeting the criteria set forth by the SWFans general FAQ. This warning would represent the third and fourth occassion where you have violated SWForum policy. This is not likely taken, nor looked upon positively.

We suggest that you comply with the SWForum general and roleplaying FAQ, or risk banning.

If you have any questions or comments, you may PM me and I will relay it to the SWForums Staff.

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville on 08-09-03
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=565011#post565011

I served him his last warning. He looks at another poster wrong, he goes.

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville on 10-17-03
http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32361&perpage=50&pagenumber=2

There has been a complaint lodged against Duke Quells (who I believe is Kraken, haven't double checked yet) for his second to last post.

I believe he is godmoding and that the complaint was justified. Also, his last post seems to be a bit much as well.

Thoughts? Is this the end for Kraken?

Group mods, this will affect all of you if we choose to ban him. Please vote yes or no.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:39:33 PM
As a GJO Group Mod and SWFans.Net RP Mod my vote is.

Yes. Ban.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:40:15 PM
My vote is also yes, as both a Kuklos Ataxia mod and an RPing mod. ^_^;

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:41:35 PM
Um... Yes. It's pretty obvious that he has no plans to change his behavior. It's not like y'all haven't warned him.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:51:55 PM
I have a few mixed thoughts, but in the end the scales do not weigh in Kraken's favor. I am of the opinion that he has been given chances (repeated warnings from multiple moderators, help from s'Il, and probably one or two other things as well that I don't know about) and run through them. On top of that, he's just a headache in general.

Ban him.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:54:26 PM
Point has been well stated, give him the banhammer.

Figrin D'an
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:02:37 PM
Seems as though he's been given more than sufficient opportunity to change and improve. He obviously hasn't.

Ban him.

Lord Soth
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:13:12 PM
Ditto...

Do what ya have to do...

:thumbdown from the Shrine

Zasz Grimm
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:14:44 PM
s'Il has told him what to do over and over, and he has also had many warnings from most all of the mods.

Ban.

DarthHERA
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:26:34 PM
Was that Warning posted "quote by Eve" actually given to him?

If so, I think that pretty much seals the deal.

I myself have not rp'd with Kraken (that I know of) and havent had to deal with any of this - but his actions seem to be ongoing and disruptive to a broad spectrum of players.

Im inclined to vote "yes" to the ban - though in honesty, I dont like banning people, but sometimes there is no real choice.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:28:15 PM
Yes it was,, sorry I thought that was apparent. ^_^;

DarthHERA
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:32:30 PM
Originally posted by Eve on 07-18-03
Okay how does this sound:

Warning 7-18-03

It just read like this was being suggested, thats all.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:07:17 PM
One less moron for everyone to sort.

Lots of people have tried to give him a hand, and I've often kept my mouth shut in the hope's he'd straighten out. It never came.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:00:06 AM
http://panic.hopto.org/swf/vega/mneh/banhim.jpg

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:14:15 AM
As NR mod, Ban him

Charley
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:47:07 AM
Ban plz

Master Yoghurt
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:17:35 PM
This is a tough one. I have a feeling Kraken means well - that he wants to cooperate and adapt to the rules. Still, after several warnings, PMs, discussion and general OOC mess to threads he participated in, one have to ask if he learned something yet? I mean, the rules are not that hard to read and follow. Trying to use comon sense and reflect upon what is a realistic and fair roleplay conduct would help him a long way to avoid the godmod trap. I suppose such can also be learned by experience and some learn slower than others, but there are limits for how long and for how many times other posters should tolerate roleplays being messed up because warnings were not listened to.

Part of me tells instead of a permament banning, he should get a 1-3 month vacation from the forums. He would then have plenty of time to think about it, and a final chance to improve his conduct. The other part of me tells its not really our problem, and when the rules are broken multiple times with warnings, its a prerogative of the staff to retain the posting rights of those who break the rules and thus avoid future problems. In the longer run, maybe the latter option is for the best of our community, saving us later headaches. The Internet is a big wide place, and there are still other boards he could roleplay on. Relatively speaking, he has not been a member here for a long time anyway.

I generally dont like banning people, and think it should be used as a last resort. But based on my above thoughts, the evidence De'Ville posted and the general impression I have of Kraken's board conduct in RP and OOC posts for the last few months, I am leaning towards going along with the majority here

My vote is to ban him

Pierce Tondry
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:54:42 PM
Y'know, I was thinking the same as you, Yog, but when it came down to it, I decided another month or three wouldn't grant him any new insights. He needs to grow up some before he and the community will mesh and I didn't forsee that happening anytime soon, hence my 'ban' vote.

AmazonBabe
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:32:34 PM
Speaking as a TSO and GJO mod, I vote YES in banning him.

EDIT: >_< I only just now noticed you'd already made the decision to ban him last Saturday. Sorry, but i'm just not on during the weekends anymore. Too much to do...I hate life. It's too damn busy. :x

Anyhoo, for what it's worth, I stuck my two cents in with my ruling on his banning. :lol Lotta good it does now. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:33:08 PM
Well since he was a member of both of the groups you represent, I'm glad you agreed with the decision albeit after the fact. :)

Morgan Evanar
Nov 13th, 2003, 10:54:06 PM
I'd just like to say how GLAD I am that he is gone.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 14th, 2003, 12:30:48 AM
NECROOOOOOOOOOOO!