PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT Proposal!!!

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:07:40 PM
Okay here is a proposal that may or may not turn out to be a popular one.

First, a little bit of a marketing pitch:

Do you hate the forum censor in the SWfans.Net forums? If your answer is yes then this might just be the solution for you.

It has been proposed that SWFans.Net Forums start offering a paid membership option……Don’t run away screaming yet, because this option is just that….optional. The current membership system and functionality will not change in the slightest, but if you, a happy and eager member of this community would like more than what comes with your regular free account, this could be for you.

Upgrade to a Gold user account, and with it get access to a whole new set of forums without the bothersome word censor, with the ability to rate threads posted in these forums on a scale of 1 to 5, with the ability to post polls, and also giving you the ability to delete your own posts, no more accidental posts and “Delete Me” posts for you.

Right now the proposal is that these Gold Accounts cost $10.00 U.S. and here is a more broken down list of the ideas we have come up with so far:

Here is a list of the ideas presented so far:<ul> Uncensored Fanfic Forum
Uncensored General Discussion Forum
Uncensored “Free Spoiler” zone
Uncensored Art Forum
An official Merchandise store*[/list]
Possible new features:<ul> Thread Ratings in the Gold Only Forums
Polls Allowed in the Gold Only Forums
The ability to delete your own posts SW-Fans.Net wide (not entire threads though)
Subscription to monthly newsletter*
Section Specific Custom Title available at a smaller additional charge for your account or for the someone else’s account.
SWFans special profile page, in one of five chosen templates?*

*Still under development[/list]

A small note about Custom Titles: The new private section will include SWFans.Net custom titles which can include an image, HTML or just simple text, and is only available upon paying an additional fee of $5.00 US. A person can buy their own CT or buy one for another member who has access to these private forums.

Is this a completely original and fresh idea? No not really, it is based in large part on the Something Awful forums and their methods for going about their business. But….This is our idea for a possible implementation of it here so that we can maybe help stimulate our community with new additional features and freedoms, while at the same time helping to pay for the ever increasingly difficult to cover hosting fees.

Let me know what you think. If you have any ideas for any other additional features that could be offered or developed feel free to share them. If you absolutely hate the idea, say so, but also say why so that we can have a chance to address your concerns and or questions.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:23:17 PM
Okay here is a proposal that may or may not turn out to be a popular one.

Unlike Exfrell, your not offerign to reduce present service, but offering more and above what is there already.

Sold to the man in the silly hat. I very much like it.

questions -

For people who have already paid for forums or supported already, is this automatic benifit?

Is it a yearly fee or one off?

At what point is a @sw-fans.net email address thrown in as well, or that not happening unless your paying for forums / larger supporter?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:30:48 PM
This would be a seperate charge from previus forum donations/fee paying.

I'm leaning towards a one time fee, but if the monthly newsletter idea and a couple of the other harder to maintain ones take off then it may become yearly.

Right now @sw-fans.net email addresses are being reserved for prizes in contests, which may also become exclusive to Gold members.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:40:03 PM
What are the payment options? Paypal? Cheque? EFT? Credit card?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:44:21 PM
Paypal and snailmail are about all the options I have available right now. I could research adding a SSL inteface here to accept direct Credit Card transactions but I am a little leery of the additional work and problems such would introduce.

And a note: The Gold subscription would only apply to a single account at a time. And hopefully we can add some more content, be it News, Humor, or whatever that will help make this feature have more value for the deal.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:48:14 PM
Oh, not one person, but one account. As long as that's made clear, that's fine.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 16th, 2003, 05:06:52 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'm going to have to think about this a bit more before I decide if I like it or not... :)

Figrin D'an
Oct 16th, 2003, 05:49:49 PM
I have a question...

You referred to a completely seperate set of forums for Gold Users. So, there will then be the board with the forums we currently have, plus some forums viewable/accessible by just Gold Users?

If this is case... I'd be a little concerned about splitting up the community. I mean, Gold Users could disappear into these specialty forums and post there, while those whom don't pay remain in the basic forums. I guess I see a potential problem for RP particularly. Part of the lure to these forums, IMO, is the generally open and inclusive atmosphere. But, that's my opinion.

I know $10 is a pretty small fee in the long run, but there will probably be some that won't pay it, be it for financial reasons or just on principle. For the record, if the Gold User system is implemented, I'd likely purchase it.

If this perception is wrong, that's fine. I'm just looking for a little clarity if it is.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2003, 06:04:16 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
You referred to a completely seperate set of forums for Gold Users. So, there will then be the board with the forums we currently have, plus some forums viewable/accessible by just Gold Users?

If this is case... I'd be a little concerned about splitting up the community. I mean, Gold Users could disappear into these specialty forums and post there, while those whom don't pay remain in the basic forums. I guess I see a potential problem for RP particularly. Part of the lure to these forums, IMO, is the generally open and inclusive atmosphere. But, that's my opinion.In the SWFans Mods/Admins discussion we already had, we decided the same thing and have as such, not included a "Gold" members only RP forum in the proposal, (I forgot to edit it out and have now ^_^; ) though there is a Fanfic board in it.

The $10 fee for each account will also be likely to keep too many from doing much RP in the "Gold" only forums because most use multiple names and the cost would be prohibitive for that with most of them.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 16th, 2003, 06:35:42 PM
ten dollars yearly wouldnt be bad at all. I like the idea so far.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 16th, 2003, 06:36:50 PM
* Uncensored Fanfic Forum
* Uncensored General Discussion Forum
* Uncensored “Free Spoiler” zone
* Uncensored Art Forum
* An official Merchandise store*
The censor isn't _that_ annoying. I need to float you guys some more money anyway, but I don't see any of those as especially compelling features. Splintering the community kind of worries me.

Possible new features:

1 * Thread Ratings in the Gold Only Forums
2 * Polls Allowed in the Gold Only Forums
3 * The ability to delete your own posts SW-Fans.Net wide (not entire threads though)
4 * Subscription to monthly newsletter*
5 * Section Specific Custom Title available at a smaller additional charge for your account or for the someone else’s account.
6 * SWFans special profile page, in one of five chosen templates?* 1 - ok. -shrug-
2 - I hardly notice the lack of polls around here. IMO not compelling
3 - I guess it would be convient. We can already edit our own posts.
4 - ...what? I dunno. What would make the newsletter compelling?
5 - That would be kinda neat, I guess
6 - Depends on what it offered.

The gold only forums are kind of a bad idea. Now what you _could_ do is make the search function retry 60 seconds for normal users and 5 or 10 seconds for Gold users. THAT would get my 10bux.

But I'm weird, and I find different things attractive than most users.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2003, 06:41:31 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
The gold only forums are kind of a bad idea. Now what you _could_ do is make the search function retry 60 seconds for normal users and 5 or 10 seconds for Gold users. THAT would get my 10bux.Thank you for making a suggestion for another possible feature. I could probably hack the code to do that for Gold Members.

It would probably be easier for me to make there be no wait between searches for gold members, but either way would work, though your suggestion would be a change of a current free feature since there is only a 20 second wait between searches right now, but its doubtful too many would really notice that or be too put off by it, especially if its changed soon.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 16th, 2003, 08:10:36 PM
I was thinking 5 seconds so it doesn't get accidental double-clicks.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 16th, 2003, 08:41:32 PM
Upgrade to a Gold user account, and with it get access to a whole new set of forums without the bothersome word censor, with the ability to rate threads posted in these forums on a scale of 1 to 5, with the ability to post polls, and also giving you the ability to delete your own posts, no more accidental posts and “Delete Me” posts for you.

Sounds sweet :)

I am not sure its a good idea separating the CT title feature in an extra $5 fee though. That sort of feature would make the overall $10 package more attractive for some people. Make it a complete package for a $10 annual fee - all bells and whistles included.

If you are going to make a separate fee, I would suggest offering signature hosting instead. It would be a very attractive feature for those people struggling with poor loading free hosts. $5-10 annual fee would be reasonable.

1. Thread Ratings in the Gold Only Forums
2. Polls Allowed in the Gold Only Forums
3. The ability to delete your own posts SW-Fans.Net wide (not entire threads though)
4. Subscription to monthly newsletter*
5. Section Specific Custom Title available at a smaller additional charge for your account or for the someone else’s account.
6. SWFans special profile page, in one of five chosen templates?*

1 & 2: Good.. but only in Gold forums? Would it be possible to set it through userlevel instead?
3. Thats great. Much needed :)
4. Sounds good, will comment more when there are more details about this
5. Like I said, this is great, but should IMO be included in the overall package
6. Great idea. I suppose this means increased number of possible fields and characters per fields, perhaps different style sheets etc. What would be even better is the option of making a HTML based profile from scratch

Uncensored Fanfic Forum
Uncensored General Discussion Forum
Uncensored “Free Spoiler” zone
Uncensored Art Forum
An official Merchandise store*

I don't care much for the sensor, however splitting up the community into gold vs not gold may be a concern.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2003, 08:46:58 PM
Okay we could change it so that 1 CT is included with the initial account, but the CT is the user's choice not ours. But we would still offer the $5 CT so that people could change their own or even change someone else's.

Signature hosting is also a good idea as an added feature. I like it and it can be done. :D

And for everyone reading this and maybe dreading or possibly getting excited by it. This is not a for sure thing, this is just a proposal and a little fishing for ideas to help generate some income for our hosting costs and maybe more activity.

If it does happen and it becomes very successful we could move the site to a fully dedicated host and have really really nice speed, or we could stay here and use the additional income to add some other software to the boards. I have looked into vBPictures a little (at least thats what I think it was called), but it could also be added as well as other features if this does go into action and go good, but at this stage this is just all an idea..

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:48:36 PM
You know, signature hosting and maybe a small increase in sig kb allowance would be a compelling reason to buy Gold. Roll that in witht he above and you have a very sellable annual package.

At http://www.bmsc.com.au, they use vBPics? (sp) and I really like the feature as well. Definantly one of the better places I've seen for images.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:59:05 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
You know, signature hosting and maybe a small increase in sig kb allowance would be a compelling reason to buy Gold. Roll that in witht he above and you have a very sellable annual package.

At http://www.bmsc.com.au, they use vBPics? (sp) and I really like the feature as well. Definantly one of the better places I've seen for images. We discussed the possibility of upping the Sig size allowance and I'm not sure, it might make our jobs as Mods a little harder, but If I included the "Gold" members on the showgroups page we could tell a "Gold" member from a non one pretty easily, so its feasible.

Yeah vBPics isn't free but does look cool. :)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 16th, 2003, 11:30:33 PM
I don't like making the max sig size any bigger. At all. Try surfing with dialup sometimes. Its just inconsiderate and if you can't fit it in 30k make it physically smaller or something. 30k is PLENTY.

However, sig hosting would be pretty keen for a lot of people.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:41:29 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
1 & 2: Good.. but only in Gold forums? Would it be possible to set it through userlevel instead?
3. Thats great. Much needed :)
4. Sounds good, will comment more when there are more details about this
5. Like I said, this is great, but should IMO be included in the overall package
6. Great idea. I suppose this means increased number of possible fields and characters per fields, perhaps different style sheets etc. What would be even better is the option of making a HTML based profile from scratchI missed most of your questions the first time, sorry.

Here are my proposed answers.

1 & 2: It would be possible for polls, but then it would disable the ability for the RP group forums to have non paid members post new or vote in polls.

5. I have ammended my thinking to include one CT when the account is "Paid", but to also allow them to be changed via the single fee for CTs. I have ammended my thinking to include Signature hosting for 5 sigs as part of paid membership.

6. I'll have to look into the custom hacks a little more carefully. I think there is one that I can add that works through usergroups that will allow A Custom Biography type page. If that doesn't work out for us, we might could create a few HTML templates (5 or so) and have "paid" members fill in the blanks with their info be it RP related or Real Life Info, and host them here at SW-Fans. Members could also provide their own HTMl and images if they so choose, as long as it fits within a specific byte size.
I don't like making the max sig size any bigger. At all. Try surfing with dialup sometimes. Its just inconsiderate and if you can't fit it in 30k make it physically smaller or something. 30k is PLENTY.

However, sig hosting would be pretty keen for a lot of people.If we were to increase Sig allowance size, it wouldn't be by any more than 10KB. So maybe it wouldn't have too much in the way of effect?

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:48:01 AM

However, sig hosting would be pretty keen for a lot of people.

After lingering in the World's Worst Connection for four months (28.8 if I'm lucky), 10K isnt going to make a big difference. How many sigs are there in a thread anyway normally? 2? 4? I dont feel it would be that big an issue. 40K sigs would be nice.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:49:26 AM
If this is case... I'd be a little concerned about splitting up the community. I mean, Gold Users could disappear into these specialty forums and post there, while those whom don't pay remain in the basic forums. I guess I see a potential problem for RP particularly. Part of the lure to these forums, IMO, is the generally open and inclusive atmosphere. But, that's my opinion.

This is where I was as well. Yes, there are tons of good features available, each one appealing to a different person here. Speaking from a PR position, however, how would this appear to those who can't/won't pay for an upped membership? That's not to say we shouldn't offer it because of the people who can't pay, but we all pretty much know who would be paying and who would be on the outside. Would this create an elite section, who would all but vanish from the regular RPing section? If so, how does that look to the new person?

My idea of what a gold package should contain:

- An expanded profile page which can contain a "favorite RP" links section for easy navigation.

- Expanded Sig size.

- The ability to delete your own posts SW-Fans.Net wide (yes)

- A gold-only forum, so that gold-pertinent issues can be posted without cluttering up another thread. This forum could be used for OOC thread planning and that stuff.

That's just my two cents. :)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:58:48 AM
You left out sig hosting, Ryla. IMO that is a very big feature.

Yeah, beyond a support forum, I don't think that any more forums would be needed.

Also, I what about alt accounts? This goes per individual, and not per account. Because I plot murder if its per account ;)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:01:04 AM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
And a note: The Gold subscription would only apply to a single account at a time. And hopefully we can add some more content, be it News, Humor, or whatever that will help make this feature have more value for the deal.
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
The $10 fee for each account will also be likely to keep too many from doing much RP in the "Gold" only forums because most use multiple names and the cost would be prohibitive for that with most of them. Per individual is just too difficult to administratively maintain.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:42:58 PM
I left out sig hosting because it's not at the forefront of my mind... But yes, good point. :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:19:48 AM
The ability to select a 'favorite rp's' forum and to be able to delete your own posts, is great. the sig hosting is alright, I guess. other than that, im have to echo fig's question about seperatism.

in the end, i think this could be harmful. sorry.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:12:49 AM
I'll address the separatism concerns with my opinion of it:

I don't really think it will be as harmful as you may think. I agree it may possibly separate the community somewhat, but not really. And to back up my claim I'll provide some example that fits in a round about way but fits none-the-less.

What we would be offering here is a few new forums that do not include the swear filter, and are generally fairly specific topically, except for the general discussion forum. Isn't that about the same thing that Meras is?

Meras is a separate community from this one in URL and in rules, offering much more freedom than SWFans.Net. Many of you use the Meras Forums. Does that fact separate our community? Does it cause any elitist problems? I sure don't see it.

I see Meras' existence as having much more possibility for causing a line of separation than this proposal. And let me say why I think so. It isn't the same community, in rules or in URL, while this proposal is different in rules and features, it is all contained here at the same place, a one-stop-shop. All being contained in the same community has less chance of causing a line of separation IMO.

I really think the possibility of having a few forums with more lax rules that require a subscription fee will not effect the main community on any substantial level, because in the end its still all the same community and the percentage of those with access to these Private forums will likely never exceed 30 to 50% of the community as a whole.

Isn’t it true that there are already dozens of private forums here at SWFans.Net with a wide variance in who has access to them? Does the existence of those private forums have a negative impact on our community? What difference will adding another few forums really make?

Just some food for thought, and my take on this proposal.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:46:16 AM
Note: People who have replied to his thread have been granted some of the features proposed in this thread, including access to the forums...

<a href=forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=253>The Darkside of Endor</a>

...for preview purposes, and to assist with any further ideas in implementation or design or whatever.

If you are viewing this thread and would also like to preview the features and forums please post a reply in this thread.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:56:18 AM
I don't think it could be harmful, but then I don't think - aside from the hosting and profile features - it would be that appealing to me personally. I don't mind not swearing or being an idiot here. We do that enough at Meras ^_^;

Pierce Tondry
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:49:02 PM
I'd like to preview the features. I'm still sorting out my thoughts on the matter and I think that would help.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:08:14 PM
meras is an entirely different board, completely seperate from fans.

this would be a fans divided - those who can afford and those who cannot.

it seems that we sometimes already have enough problems dealing with seperatist issues (not elitist) without needing more.

thats just my thought :\

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:42:55 PM
Originally posted by Daiquiri Van-Derveld
meras is an entirely different board, completely seperate from fans.That isn't entirely true. Its associated by its members and by its content.

DarthHERA
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:15:00 PM
Ive been mulling these ideas over a couple days now.

The extra forums, personally, dont really register one way or the other with me, as I find I dont get all that much time to roam these type of forums above keeping up with RPing threads.
However, alot of people like these other forums and spend quite a deal of time in them. Wether they are the people that will/can pay for such access remains to be seen I guess.

Also, if these forums are only accessed by a few, the allure of posting art or fan fic might not be as great because, well, who's going to see it?

Is there a way to have the forums visible, but not postable unless you have membership? (I dont know if this would work for the Uncensored forums tho)

Im not certain if the priveleged forums would promote separatism. The feature is available to everyone and if it is definetly non- RP then those who access the forums will still need to play outside the forums with everyone else.

One question I have about the uncensored-fanfic thing ...Will there need to be an Age standard or something for entry..? This might effect membership also.

As for the other features such as receiving a newsletter, having a profile page, the CT feature, sig hosting - I think these are great ideas and would have no reservations to pay for them.

*This post is a bit rambly - Im having troubles putting all my thoughts down coherently.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:17:50 PM
Yes I was also wondering, if we were letting 'minors' buy memberships to the uncensored fanfiction forums.

Granted, not many kids have access to credit cards and paypal, but then you never know.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:20:20 PM
Minor would be under 18, yes? Would that mean under 18s couldn't go Gold?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:22:41 PM
Well, minors here in the US are. I'd think that a cut off of 16 yrs old would be fair if we chose to regulate it that way. *shrug*

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:33:36 PM
I really don’t see the issue of minors with access being a problem myself.

Meras has been around for over a year now and has never had any censor or content restrictions. There are threads there that are of an adult nature. Have any of them caused any problem? No. And those that do exist are not really too terrible as far as hardcore adult material goes, which leads me to believe there would likely not be any threads or posts in our forums that would require age classifications.

I myself get spam email that is far worse than anything I have ever seen in the forums be the forums censored or uncensored. And those that solicit my email have no way to know how old I am, so I suspect young Internet users get these things too.

If we were to become a full on adult content provider like a porn site or something I could see a need for some kind of official age verification system, but we aren’t. And as it would be we would mostly be accepting payments only via paypal, something very difficult to pull off without being of age to own a credit card or get the permission of someone who does.

Estelle Russard
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:46:35 PM
"Uncensored" to me means "no holds barred"

Any threads here at SWFans forums dealing with more adult subject matter are defintitely very tame, I agree. I would expect, though, in an Uncensored forum they would not have the same restraint as here. Same with the art. Thus my question about age standard.

I didn't think the two would be comparable.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:51:28 PM
Meras is "uncensored" and has been for over a year. There have been no problems there.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:10:09 PM
In a locked forum I think people would feel freer about expressing themselves in a 'hardcore' manner.

Just my two cents.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:50:47 PM
And here is what I think yet again.

I really really doubt it will be a problem if we avoid saying that this is for non minors or adults only. If we do say that its for that, then that is what will create problems. There is absolutely no way we could enforce such a thing with complete certianty and advertising it as such is what would be likely to create the content and or encourage minors to find ways to pay for the upgrade to their account so they could have access.

It would probably also be best if I took the word "uncensored" out of the tagline of features, even though the forums would be uncensored.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:40:37 PM
I agree, its probably not a good idea advertising those forums as uncensored and adult. In fact, I would be as discreet about it as possible. The real feature here is, access to a new set of forums with some cool functions.

Having thought about this for a while, I don't think the new forums being restricted for paying member will be a problem. Those are going to be fairly low traffic forums compared to the main forums.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:47:48 PM
:) ok I understand now and am ok with it. :mneh

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:14:29 AM
Going back into my memory, it was suggested that certain actions would split the RP community -

1) Groups developing boards for themselves

2) The creation of the storytellign forum.

Int he end, I see the creation of a no holds barred RP forum as similar tot he Storytelling forum. There was a sepecific set of rules developed and there has been no dilution of the community over the forum's existance for what... three years?

I see a uncensored forum simply developing like storytelling - as an addition, not a replacement.

I really dont see additional forums being an issue as long as it's handled and ruled right. I just dont see it diluting other forums either, not witht he experience of what I have seen over a long time here.

I would have thought 1) has proven more of an issue in the past. Not 2).

The existance of Meras has not in any way seemingly diluted participation or created elitism. and that's the action that woud be most likely to do. Instead, Meras really has become a pretty good offshoot that adds to the community.

And really, Meras for all it's freedom is generally pretty kiddy safe.

IMO, seperatism issues are minor. I just dont see it really being an issue, from the things I've seen.

AmazonBabe
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:51:31 PM

This was kinda a concern for me as well, as it would seem like only the "elite" could be allowed into a forum and would keep the non-paying members out (mostly not through choice, but most likely through lack of funds on their end).

IMO, seperatism issues are minor. I just dont see it really being an issue, from the things I've seen.

I'd have to disagree as I can see it becoming an issue. It's very likely that some will feel left out. We're a community (one definition being: a unified body of individuals). I really do see creating a private forum for Gold Members only as splitting the community into those can can afford the Gold and those that can't. It would seem unfair to me if I were one of those that could not afford the fee.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 20th, 2003, 04:54:25 PM
But as I have pointed out, there have already been actions taken in the past that could have a community split. If the rules and and reasoning is worded right, there will be no problems.

imported_Eve
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:59:46 PM
Well, in the end there are two issues to think about: this place costs a lotta money, and post count is down. Getting people to contribute is like pulling teeth.

And you're not losing anything you have now, if you can't pay. RPs will still go on when and where you want if your pals RP with you. I'm sure they're not gonna tell you no because it's not a restricted forum.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 26th, 2003, 02:11:20 PM
I have an announcement in the way of "paid" member features:

We now have PhotoPost software installed, configured and running here at SWFans.Net Forums. The "Gold" account process is still under development, but I want those of you with preview access to go ahead and test things out for me if you like.

<a href=/photopost>The SWFans.Net Gallery</a>

At the moment the restrictions/policies are as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Each "Gold" member has 10MB of storage space

Individual image uploads are limited to no more than 250 KB

Maximum image file resolution is 1280 X 1280

Members with upload access can edit, move and delete their own images.

All SWFans.Net registered users can make comments and rate image uploads.

All registered members have the ability to send Gallery images as Ecards to friends or family.

Sigs can be uploaded to PhotoPost for display, but not hotlinked on the forums.

Thumbnail images can be hotlinked on the forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Give it a whirl, test it out, and have fun. Don't hesitate to give feedback or ask questions.

If you don't have preveiw "Gold" access yet, post here and the name you post with will be granted said access (All of the names that have replied here so far have preview "Gold" access).

Thanks

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:55:17 PM
Okay, this is moving from proposal to reality. Preview access to those who have it will be removed in about 4 hours or so, and a boardwide announcement will be made regarding the official "SWFans.Net Supporter" upgrade package. Thanks to all of you who have helped me make this possible with your input/questions. and for helping test and try out the features.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:05:19 PM
BTW: Any of you who would like to get a head start and be officially upgraded to a Supporter Account can use this link:

<a href=purchase.php?s=>Supporter Account Info and Purchase Form</a>

Boardwide "Supporter" image custom titles will not be enabled until after the official boardwide announcement regarding the program has been made.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2003, 06:37:09 PM
*just got paid* I guess you've gotten my $$ out of me after all. :mneh

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:13:30 PM
I just got 20 bucks for my birthday, and I figure it's only fair that half of that goes to the forums that have constantly amused me for two years... :)