PDA

View Full Version : Goosebumps. . .[Open]

Ice War'Ning
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:36:49 PM
::It was cold and wintry outside today but everyone knew it was coming. The temperatures had slowly dropped until it was finally at the bottom of the scale and those unfortunate enough to have no choice but be exposed to the weather were finding themselves seeking out warm refuge. This was not the case with Ice, a name to fit the occasion it seemed. She quickly walked past people less fortunate than she, dropping a few coins along the way until finally she made it to the door of Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill.::

Good thing I didn't get lost this time.

::She thought to herself and flung open the door to rush inside. Once within the warm embrace of the building, the young woman shivered a bit and felt goosebumps rise within her skin. It was considerably more temperate in here than outside and it was definatly a welcome sensation as she passed by the large fireplace in the center of the establishment.::

Could I get a mug of hot chocolate, please?

::The new Padawan questioned the bar keep as she sat down upon a stool at the front counter. The faces surrounding her were anything but familiar, but Ice decided that her mission today would be to make at least one new friend. Folding her hands upon the top of the expanse of the bar before her, she put on a cheery grin and looked around, hoping to spot someone who might be worth getting to know, maybe even another Padawan like herself.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:56:55 PM
Just finishing his shilft, Dr. Hayden Radnor made his way through the wind and the snow to the B&G in hopes for something warm to drink before retiring to his condo.

He smiled and nodded at the guards, "hey, guys!" He said casually.

"Dr. Radnor, how's it going?" one of them asked.

"Never better," he replied as he stomped the snow off his feet and unzipped his parka. "Bit cold out there for me."

"No doubt, have a good one."

"You too!" He called as he entered the bar and shook the snow out of his hair. He was getting to know the crowd here a lot more now, since he was only working at Coruscant Med that was right behind the Jedi Temple.

Hayden walked up to the bar and before he could say a word a big glass of milk was set in front of him, by the bartender.

"You remembered." Hayden grinned as the bartender laughed and nodded. "Of course, doc." And then walked away.

The young doctor slid into a bar stool beside a young woman. He looked at her for a moment and didn't remember ever seeing her here before. "You new here, Miss?" He asked kindly with a smile.

Ice War'Ning
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:37:38 PM
::Startled by the voice to her right, Ice nearly jumped out of her seat. Regaining her composure, the young woman turned and smiled at the man who had sat down beside her.::

I just arrived yesterday.

::She said with a nod and watched as the bartender set the mug of hot chocolate before her. With a gracious grin, the seventeen-year-old girl wrapped her hands around the warm vessel and slowly brought it to her lips before taking a tiny sip of the steaming liquid inside.::

My name is Ice...and you are?

::She questioned with a tone of maturity in her voice, though of course, she normally would not have acted this way. The incident in the recruitment center yesterday was enough to knock her into line, though. Acting her age just wouldn't cut it around here. She knew that a level of sophistication was needed. Smiling, Ice extended her hand after introducing herself.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:41:45 PM
Hayden shook her hand firmly. "Dr. Hayden Radnor, it's nice to meet you, Ice and welcome to the great Yog's Bar and Grill." He smiled.

Ice War'Ning
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:57:24 PM
::Ice was a bit taken back by the stranger's friendliness, but she welcomed it with open arms. As he announced his title of doctor, the young woman smiled and withdrew her hand from his strong handshake.::

Thank you, Dr. Radnor. It's nice to meet you as well.

::She smiled and found herself looking more intently into his eyes than before, but looked away in time to not appear childish or rude. Instead, she took another sip of her hot chocolate but did so too quickly and it burned her tongue.::

Ouch! My tongue's on fire!

::Ice screeched and just in that moment, something happened to her that had only done so on occasion before. Her mind went blank and she saw the mug of cocoa slip from her hands and land on the doctor's lap, scorching his legs and causing him pain. Just a second later, her eyes refocused with color and she found herself dropping the mug just as she had just seen seconds before.::

Oh no!

::With that, Ice struggled to regain control of the falling mug and did so in time that only a few splashes of hot liquid hit the floor and completely missed the stranger and herself. Taking a deep breath, the young woman set the mug atop the bar and reached for some napkins to clean up the mess, all the while thinking of her aching tongue and the strange occurence in her mind.::

I'm so sorry for that. It was so hot, it shocked me.

::She apologized as she bent to clean up the brown puddle on the floor. After whiping it up and disposing of the napkins, Ice sat back down on her stool and exhailed deeply once again. Today was not going very well already and something told her that it would probably stay that way for the rest of the time.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:09:06 PM
Hayden shook his head and smiled. "No harm done. Perhaps, you should get a cold glass of water for your tongue. I hate it when I do that. The water usually helps out a bit." He took a drink of his milk. "And you can call me Hayden, I'm off duty. Would you care to get a table?" His usual shyness, just left and he found himself staring into her eyes. They were stunning.

Ice War'Ning
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:03:56 PM
::Ice nodded and smiled gently as she looked toward the bartender, but before she had the chance to ask for a glass of water, one was sitting right before her atop the bar.::

Thank you so much.

::She said softly and grasped the cup gratefully before taking a long sip of the cool water. Setting it atop the bar, Ice turned to face her male companion with a nod.::

A table would be wonderful...

::And it was then that she found herself staring into his eyes as well. Just as hers were to him, his were equally as stunning and she couldn't help but find herself lost in them.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:55:33 AM
Hayden cleared his head and shook it slightly. "Well...uh..erm...a table shall we?" He stumbled over his words as he tried to regain his composure and stood up. He grabbed his milk and led her to an empty booth, where they sat across from each other. "So, how do you like the Order so far?" He asked gently.

Ice War'Ning
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:14:16 PM
::The young woman blushed as she took note of Hayden's lack of composure as they went for a table. She giggled to herself, hoping he had not noticed, and followed the man to an abandoned booth.::

I really love the Order so far. It was wonderful and all of the people here are so nice. I've never felt so at home in a place before, not even where I come from.

::She smiled to herself and took a sip of her water, having given up on drinking the hot cocoa for now. Ice found herself looking down into the glass as she avoided making eye contact with Hayden due to her tendancy to blush uncontrollably when even speaking to a male friend.::

How is the practice? Where do you practice?

::She questioned and finally looked up into his eyes. They were as amazing as the first time she had looked into them and this time, she found it quite difficult to look away, so she decided not to and instead, stared into the beautiful orbs as thoughts absently roamed her mind.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:33:31 PM
"I practice..." He caught a glimpse of her looking at him as if she were looking right through him. "I...I practice at Coruscant Medical right behind the Jedi Temple. I was in the ER, but I've transferred to the rehab floor recently to help out a friend of mine." He smiled and looked down at his milk, his face mildly reddening.

Ice War'Ning
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:38:17 PM
::Ice noted how Hayden's face colored crimson for a moment as he looked away from her. Obviously they were both a bit nervous, perhaps even a bit shy. He sounded like such a charming man, though, and he had a big heart.::

That's so sweet. I don't think many people would do that for a friend these days, or even a brother.

::Thoughts of her own brother crept into her mind at that moment. She missed Raine dearly and knew that the training she would be going through soon would be to prevent other's loved ones from being taken from them. It was evident that Ice was lost in thought for a moment, but soon she snapped back to reality.::

Have you ever thought about joining the Jedi? Maybe being a healer?

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:47:48 PM
Hayden shrugged. "I had thought about it here and there, but was always so busy working, never really had a chance to really give it any true thought. But, now that you've brought it to my attention, perhaps something will spark now. But, I think by now I'm too old to be let in."

Ice War'Ning
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:57:10 PM
::Ice shook her head and laughed to herself. She was seventeen and they accepted her without question. In fact, she had even heard cases of the elderly being taken into the Jedi Order.::

You're fooling yourself if you think you're too old.

::She smiled and looked into his eyes with a curious expression.::

Maybe you should take a few days off and visit! I don't know my way around too well yet, but you could tag along with me! I have an extra room in my quarters and you could stay with me.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:30:59 PM
Hayden rubbed his chin thoughtfully, he had a few days vacation to use up, well more like about twenty. Days that he had accumulated in the past two years.

"Are you sure that's allowed? I mean, I don't wish to get you into trouble or anything."

Ice War'Ning
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:18:53 PM
::Ice nodded and smiled to herself. This would be a lot of fun and in the end, hopefully he would see that the Jedi way of life was incredibly positive and he could live it too.::

You won't get me into trouble, trust me. Jedi bring in strangers from the street to stay with them if they are sick and injured or if they just need a place to stay. I'm sure that they wouldn't mind a doctor lodging with a Padawan for a while.

::She grinned and took another sip of her water as her eyes searched his for any sign of a response. Was he worried? Excited? At the moment, the young woman could not tell, but she was leaning toward the fact that he was looking forward to this.::

You can visit classes and dine with the Jedi. The only place you may have trouble getting is the Temple, but honestly, I don't really see myself going there too much yet anyway. The Living Quarters, this place, and the grounds around the Order are the places I visit most. That's saying a lot, I suppose, seeing as though I've only been here a day and a half.

::Ice smiled once again and decided to give him time to think about it and make his decision. She had learned from an early age that no matter how many good things there were about something, someone would always come along that would not like the idea. She just hoped and prayed that he would accept the offer.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:32:03 PM
It didn't take him but a few minutes to decide. "Well...if it won't get you into any trouble...ok, let's do it. Sounds very interesting and fun. And fun is something I've not had for a while." He nodded with a smile. "I'll have to wait a couple of days to get my vacation scheduled and a replacement. But, I do have one patient I do have to help in the rehab unit for a couple of hours every afternoon. Perhaps, you can go with me and see what it is that I do. Deal?" He asked with a sparkle in his eye.

Ice War'Ning
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:25:10 PM
::Ice smiled as she caught the twinkle that gently touched his deep eyes. It was an offer that she could not refuse, and in fact, she was already looking forward to the time they would be spending together.::

Yes, it's a deal. I've always been interested in the medical field, but I never saw myself cut out for it. Perhaps we will find that our lifestyles are quite compatable.

::She grinned and moved her hands to the mug of hot cocoa which, by this point, was cooling down considerably. Taking a sip of the warm liquid, she sighed and smiled to herself.::

This is going to be so much fun. I haven't been able to enjoy myself for quite some time. It'll be nice to have a friend around.

::Ice winked and set the mug down on the table. Hayden was so different from everyone she used to know and those she was getting to know. He was so gentle and thoughtful. It easily rubbed off on her and she knew that letting go of him after his vacation ended would be one of the most difficult things she would have to do. Then, she thought, perhaps he would not leave afterall? Maybe he would end up becomming a Jedi? Or perhaps - more?::

You will be a most welcome visitor to the Jedi Order, I can assure you that.

::She grinned, hinting through the glimmer in her eyes that perhaps he would be most welcome to her above all else. This night would lead to many interesting things in the future, beginning with Hayden's stay at the Jedi Order.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:33:54 PM
Hayden smiled lightly as he took another drink of his milk. "Being in rehab is nothing like being in the ER. I was actually thinking of staying there, but now that I'm going to visit the Order, who knows? I might just go ahead and join. I'm always up for a good challenge, but that will have to wait until my friend is out of the rehab unit. In fact, she's a Jedi as well, but she was hit by a speeder a while back and was hurt pretty badly."

He smiled as he looked at Ice. "Enough about that though, why don't you tell me more about you? Where are you from?"

Ice War'Ning
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:39:19 PM
::Ice frowned slightly as she was informed about Hayden's friend. The accident sounded like a painful one and she admired him for sticking by the Jedi's side through the ordeal. The only thing that got Ice, though, was that it was a woman. Why does it always have to be another woman? She questioned the possibility in her mind as to whether he was interested in this other Jedi or not, but found it to be rather pointless seeing as though he made no indication of being interested in her either.::

I'm from a very cold and icy planet called Llum on the outer rim. The Jedi gather fine crystals from the caves there to use in their lightsabers. My family and I have witnessed many gathering these precious stones for use in their weapons of protection.

::She smiled to herself, realizing in that moment that he did wish to hear about her and in fact, had put the other subjects aside to devote his attention to getting to know her. The caused Ice to blush slightly and she took another sip of her hot cocoa as her eyes moved away from his for a moment.::

I miss it there, but I do love Coruscant. It's such a contrast to be in a busy place compared to one as desolate as Llum.

::Her eyes shifted back to his and they remained locked there once again. She couldn't help but notice the purity in them, the warmth and comfort that they emminated.::

How about you? Are you from some exotic place too or are you from around here?

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:54:54 PM
"I'm from Naboo originally, near the city of Theed. I went to medical school there and as soon as I graduated, I was chosen to come to Coruscant to intern at Coruscant West Med and have been here ever since. I like Coruscant, but I don't care for the traffic." Hayden took another drink. "Your system sounds very...cold. I don't like the cold either. Winter here seems to last forever, but my condo has a nice warm fireplace in it and I have it lit all the time. Nothing like a burning wood to sooth the nerves, I believe."

Ice War'Ning
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:35:57 PM
::Naboo, it was a place that Ice had always wished to visit but the right to had never been granted to her. Someday, though, she knew that she would set foot upon it's rich soil and bath in its abundant lakes.::

Sounds like you've had a pretty good life.

::She smiled and took a sip of her hot cocoa as he spoke of his condo and the warm fire he kept in it. Ice remembered times when her family ran out of wood and it was impossible to make a fire. It was then at those times that they would have to rely on the natural defenses of their race and create their own heat. It was something Ice could always do but never really linked it to the Force.::

A fire - it sounds very nice. Yes, I agree with you there. Nothing like the warmth of a fire to bring peace to your soul either.

::It was something her parents used to say and Ice assumed that it had rubbed off onto her. She smiled at the thought but pushed it from her mind as her eyes focused upon Hayden's once again, sinking into them as before.::

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:06:54 AM
There were her beautiful eye again, they were...intoxicating. Hyaden couldn't help, but to stare into them. The woman across from him was absolutely breathtaking. "Perhaps...one night...we could share one of those...fires."

His eyes went to his milk as his face reddened again, he felt very foolish.

Get a grip, Hayden. He told himself as he tried to clear his head. "Uh...would you like to have dinner?" He finally asked.