PDA

View Full Version : Much To Learn. . . [Open]

Ice War'Ning
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:05:49 PM
::Never had she expected to walk into a place like this. Never had she expected to even consider becomming someone like her parents, but it seemed to be the path that her feet were taking her at this very moment. With a heavy sigh and a heavy heart to match, the vibrant and young seventeen-year-old Ice sauntered into the lobby of the Greater Jedi Order.::

Like, hello? Are there any Jedi in the house?

::The young girl giggled to herself and pushed a strand of dark blue hair from her face and quickly tucked it behind her ear. Straightening up to at least appear a bit more mature, Ice cast her cold silver eyes upon the faces of those around her.::

I know I may not look like Jedi material or anything, but if you give me the chance, I can prove myself.

::Of course, she didn't want them to know that she was a bit desperate to join the Order. Though she had never thought of stepping foot inside of these halls, she had never thought the dream of being accepted into the ranks of the Jedi would ever come true for her. Without any sign that anyone was going to help her, the teenager shrugged and turned around, prepared to leave just as she had come. It did not appear to her that anyone would pay her the attention she thought she deserved.::

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:11:19 PM
Falcon had been about the recruitment centre, watching the new arrivals interact with the members of the order. But after a short time he spotted one, looking almost hopeless, and about to leave. He stood up, and approached her.

"Ah, excuse me, young lady, but are you looking for something?" the knight asked..

Ice War'Ning
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:15:20 PM
::Ice spun around in an instant and looked up at the man standing before her. She was a bit puzzled, but soon a thought came to her that perhaps he was someone who could help her with what she needed.::

I am actually looking for someone who can help me become a Jedi.

::She said boldly and smiled following her words. In that moment, the young woman became slightly nervous, wondering who this stranger was and if he was a Jedi Knight, or perhaps, a Master. Swallowing hard, Ice shifted her weight and began figiting with her hands.::

Can you like, help me with that maybe? I mean, if not, that's okay but I just thought maybe.

::She paused, realizing how immature she must have sounded and so she kicked herself mentally. This, she concluded, was not a way to make good first impressions. Then again, she didn't even know who this man was.::

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:21:43 PM
Falcon offered a warm smile. He could see the girl was nervous, and after some years dealing with new faces, out of, and once again at the GJO, he knew how to act.

She's a little older than my sister...

"Why is it you wish, ah, desire to become a Jedi?"

Ice War'Ning
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:28:13 PM
::The question was a rather simple one for Ice, and in fact, she had been thinking about this the whole time she was standing there.::

I want to help people and get rid of the darkness that lurks around us. Basically, I want to...

::She paused and looked down for a moment, her eyes casting a quick glance to a silver bracelet that she wore around her wrist. Smiling sadly, Ice looked up at Falcon and shook her head.::

I want to stop bad things from happening to other people...bad things like what happened to my brother.

::Shifting her weight slightly, Ice folded her hands at her back and looked down in silence. Maybe it was too much to tell him, but she figured that honesty had gotten her this far and perhaps it would take her to her dreams some day. It all seemed impossible now, though, without Raine around.::

He was killed about six months ago and before then, I had never desired to be a Jedi. It changed me.

::It was evident in her eyes that perhaps there was still a bit of bitterness, but mostly she grieved. Sighing, the young woman shifted her attention to a group of robed people beside her. She decided that they were probably Jedi as well and hoped in her heart, that one day she would be one of those people and would be able to stop murder and other malicious activity.::

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:35:29 PM
Falcon grinned. Sadness, heartfelt pain had left its fingerprints on her. But amongst all that he could see her hope and desire to become all that life had given her to be...

" So it is not revenge you seek? That in itself is a smidgen of wisdom, to learn from such things that have happened to you. You wish to be a guardian of the peace? A seeker of the light? I believe, miss, that you have come to the right place."

He paused.

"I am Falcon Gyndar, a Knight of this Order. What would your name be?"

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:42:11 PM
In the shadows, a young man stood and watched the Jedi Knight in action. Zacharia had hoped to someday be able to great newcomers like the young lady that stood before Falcon. He new that the recruitment center had been short on people to greet lately, and so he would make it a point to question Falcon on the possiblity of helping.

ooc: Hey girl!

Ice War'Ning
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:45:02 PM
::The young woman nodded and smiled as he described to her everything that she was feeling inside. Yes, that is exactly what she wanted to do...protect the peace and seek the light. Never did she want to become one of those who had brought pain to her family. She was doing this for herself and no one else.::

Yes, that is why I am here. I don't want revenge, I could care less about hurting someone else. I know pain well and I could never dole that to another. I want to protect people from being hurt on all levels.

::In that moment, she realized how mature that sounded and a grin spread across her face. Despite the pain life had set on her heart, Ice still managed to find the silver lining in every cloud. This time, her brother died and it paved the way for her to make other people's lives, including her own, a lot better. As Falcon introduced herself, Ice bowed, as she had seen her parents do in the past.::

I am Ice War'Ning of Llum, Master Jedi. It is a great honor to be in your presence.

::She said softly and extended her hand to him. It was a miracle that she was talking to a Knight, and Ice knew that somehow, he could help her. He would have the answers and perhaps the solutions to aid her in the process of becomming a Jedi.::

OOC: Hi!

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:21:02 PM
Seeing that there was much to this young lady, Falcon nodded, closing his eyes a second. He listened as she spoke. When he opened his eyes, she was offering a handshake. He accepted, then folded his hands behind his back.
Falcon noticed the nearby body watching, and recognized him. Falcon had seen him around....one of the padawans, no doubt. He nodded to him, then looked again at Ice.

"As it were, you have excellent timing. I currently have no students."

Ice War'Ning
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:26:17 PM
::Ice's eyes were drawn away from Falcon's face to the shadowy figure against the wall. He was watching the pair and this made the young woman feel a bit more nervous than before, but she pushed the thoughts aside and concentrated on what was before her. Before she could say or do anything, the Knight was speaking to her about students and how he had none.::

You mean you...could technically take a Padawan?

::Ice questioned carefully, not wishing to get her hopes up and then have them crushed. It would be a miracle if he would take her as his student, though. Already she was beginning to feel comfortable with him. Looking down for a moment, the young woman gathered her thoughts and decided to ask the question that now rested on her mind.::

Would you, maybe, like to...take me as your student? I know that's probably asking a lot and I know you barely know me, but I'm a willing learner! I'm patient and I'll do whatever you ask of me!

::By now, Ice's heart was racing at the possibility that this Jedi Knight could become her Master. At least, she hoped and prayed that he would take her.::

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:26:21 PM
Falcon chuckled.

"I suppose that would be plausible, Miss Ice. I will warn you, however, that I can be a tough and trying teacher."

Ice War'Ning
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:15:13 PM
::Ice shook her head and grinned as he spoke.::

I can't promise that I will be an easy student either.

::She smiled to herself and closed her eyes for a moment, inhailing deeply to clear her thoughts for moment in time. In the last few minutes, her life had been changed and it seemed to her now that this man would become an integral part of her future. With a reassuring nod to herself, the young woman looked upon the Jedi Knight's face and smiled as before.::

Whatever challenges lie ahead of me I will accept. I can't give up on my future, now that I have one. I'll do my best...Master Falcon.