PDA

View Full Version : Training of Matthias Darkstone...A'waitin' Master Shade..!

Matthias darkstone
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:00:33 PM
Matthias entered the training grounds, and had a look around. They hadn't changed much since he was last here. He smiled happily to himself, and sat, waiting for Shade to arrive. He was a little early.

Shade Magus
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:30:49 AM
"Good afternoon, Matthais. I hope you feel better after the lunch? Now where did we leave off.......actually I want you to show me what you have learned instead. I have been practicing a unique technique and if you are ready I think you shjould learning it....but I need to know how far you are in your training."

Matthias darkstone
Oct 16th, 2003, 11:27:43 PM
"I have established my sense, altering and combat skills Master. I've had a chance to practise these in my combat with an old g\friend turned Sith foe, Nash Ngut. I was able to successfully defeat him whilst using the powers of the Force, without resorting to anger and violence as I was tempted to by his actions and words towards...Azhure."

He paused. "Master, can you teach me further into controlling my anger that I feel when anyone threatens the life and being of my Sister? She is all i have, and if I lose her in the course of utter carelessness...."

Shade Magus
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:12:51 PM
"I'll do even one better. I will instead teach you to use your anger. Not as a weapon, but as something will help you, something to hold you back. Your fear of losing your temper is what will hold you back until you can take it no longer. that will lead you down the dark path."

Shade paced around his Padawan, Matthais and sighed.

"So many do not yet understand that anger is not the way most commonly used to reach the darkside, but fear. Now I am not saying go haywire on someone but release you anger in small healthy doses. During a battle anger can becmoe adrinealine that will keep you alive. Outside of battle anger can be used to create art and poetry."

Shade stopped and looked at the young man before him.

"Do you understand what I am saying?"

Matthias darkstone
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:56:55 AM
"I think I do..." he replied, with evident hesitance in his voice. He did NOT trust his anger, not a smidge.

Shade Magus
Nov 15th, 2003, 05:06:27 PM
"I realize what I am saying is somewhat unorthodox, but I have learned this lesson first hand. But if you wish to put this off then we can get to more traditinal types of training. By the way, do you know Transfiguration?"

Matthias darkstone
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:58:56 PM
He thought a moment. Wasn't that kind of changing yourself in such a way to blend with his surrounds, or better himself, or for defence? He thought. He looked up at his Master with a twisted lip, looking confused. "You might wan't to brush up my definition of that, Master," he said.

Shade Magus
Feb 18th, 2004, 02:11:17 PM
"It is the ability to change one's self or one's surroundings to better suite them. Not many Jedi are able to do it, and those that can can only focus enough to change an object such as a piece of wood or a peice of metal. I have never really thought about someone changing themselves though because it would take to much."

Matthias darkstone
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:03:05 PM
"That's true," Matthias replied. "So what do you want me to do?"

Shade Magus
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:41:52 PM
"Well, as far as I know only a few Jedi know the technique, and it would be a shame if I didn't offer to teach it to my own Padawan so I was wondering if you would like to give it a try?"

Matthias darkstone
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:33:12 PM
Matthias gave a happy grin, considering it.

"Hmm...it sounds like fun...I'll do it!"

He sat down on the ground, and looked up at his Master expectantly.

Shade Magus
Feb 23rd, 2004, 07:59:29 PM
"Well.......first off you'll have to let go of everything. Clear your mind. Focus."

Shade went and picked up a stick and brought it back in front of his apprentice.

"See the wood, but look closer look at it on a molecular level. The Force surrounds everything. Now try and push or pull the molecules together. It is almost the same as pushing or pulling rocks, only these are a lot smaller and harder to get a grasp on, but you can do it."

Matthias darkstone
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:08:08 PM
He looked at the wood, no, looked through the wood. it was as if he could see EVERY thing that made up that piece of wood, that had once made it live. He tried to look deeper, and deeper, until he fell back. He'd used too much energy on that stick. Maybe something was wrong. He looked up at his master with wide eyes, before settling on looking at the stick again. this time he'd have to be more careful.

But how the HELL did he know how to do that?

Shade Magus
Mar 3rd, 2004, 03:50:18 PM
Shade watched on carefully. Matthais had done exactly what he had wanted him to do, but now he would have to exert less energy and he should get it just right.

Matthias darkstone
Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:59:28 PM
If he used less energy, the task would take longer, he considered. As he grew in skill, he would use less, and take less time if all went well. He stared at the stick. He looked at the stick. He watched and examined the stick. It was really quite fascinating, once he thought about it. Little fragments of energy were flying through it, making up the fragments that created the illusion of a stick. He thought of a live tree branch, living and covered in green leaves, the illusion of what it once was and what he wanted it to become. It was harder than he thought. Excerting so much into one small stick seemed...strenuous. Imagine what his Master would have done. THis would have been easy to him. He frowned, and again turned his full attention to his stick, as if it were an extension of his Master's arm.

Shade Magus
Mar 3rd, 2004, 09:04:02 PM
Shade could feel the Force flowing through Matthais. It was really quite impressive how much energy he was exerting. The boy was definitely more powerful in the raw potential of the Force, and that would go along way with this technique. For Shade it was very hard work to learn this art, but he had. Now he could do it only slightly without his full concentration, but he hoped his Padawan would be better suited for it then he.

Matthias darkstone
Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:15:39 PM
Matthias let out a triumphant cry as the branch turned green, full of sap, and leaves sprouted forth. It was living. He felt as if he could have made it a tree if he wanted to, but he didn't feel the need to show off. He was happy with what he had accomplished.

He looked up at his Master, whilst keeping an eye on his small tree branch. "Is this good enough?"

Shade Magus
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:34:38 PM
Shade smiled as he nodded.

"Yes. You did well above my expectations for a first timer."

Matthias darkstone
Mar 5th, 2004, 09:18:54 PM
"I probably would not have done it if it weren't for you, Master," he replied, smiling in return.

Shade Magus
Mar 5th, 2004, 10:34:05 PM
"It has nothing to do with me. The strength is inside of you. I had no part in this. Think about this and we will talk about it later. For now something else has come to my attention," Shade said as he stood and walked away.

Matthias darkstone
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:37:55 PM
As his Master walked away, he looked at the tree branch as it slowly withred in his hand. "Yeah. Not bad," he murmered to himself, before putting the branch down on the ground.

He needed to go have a drink.