PDA

View Full Version : Anything but a quiet drink...Take 2 (Open)

Axel King
Oct 12th, 2003, 06:15:31 PM
Axel stepped casually into the smoke-filled environment that formed the majority of Poseidon's Gate. Even from his few seconds of exposure, he knew that this was the place he needed to be. A place full of lowlifes, who might actually be able to answer some of his questions. Not like those brainless animals back in Mos Eisley...Axel sighed, before striding up to the bar, and ordering "Something blue".

Out of reflex, Axel's shoulders twiched slightly, testing that the familiar weight of his two swords, crossed across his back, remained where it should be. As he reached into his pocket to get out some money to pay the barman, his hand brushed one half of the pair blaster pistols holstered at his waist. Another movement reminded him of the various other weapons that he carried. Axel smiled to himself. He liked to be prepared.

Pulling his glasses down so that they rested on the tip of his nose, he scanned the bar with his eyes. He spotted a few distinctive characters...bounty hunters and mercenaries, no doubt. They probably wouldn't be assassins...at least, not good ones, at any rate. They would all be lurking in the shadows.

Axel flicked his glasses back up over his eyes again, and drank a little from his glass, savouring the warm feeling that crept through his body as he swallowed. Reaching out behind him with the toes of his left foot, he hooked a stool, pulled it underneath him, and sat down.

DarthHERA
Oct 13th, 2003, 12:36:07 PM
Hera watched the new arrival as he made himself comfortable, noting the dual blades crossed on his back. No doubt he was laden with more weaponry about his clothing. And why not? One venturing into such a hive of scum and villany could never be too careful. Still, an adorned armory didn't do one a whole lot of good if one's trachea was pinched shut via the force.. Cant breath through a blaster in one's pocket.

This thought brought a grin to Hera's lips which was still in place as she approached the newcomer's table.

"Mind if I join you?"

Axel King
Oct 14th, 2003, 06:30:24 AM
"Sure, why not?" Axel waved vaguely at the stool next to him. "I could probably use the company."

Axel's mind briefly returned to a conversation he'd had with himself in the past..."Why are all the good looking ones homicidal maniacs?" He let out a brief sigh, and hoped that this one wasn't going to kill him...it would make a nice change.

DarthHERA
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:34:11 PM
Hera duly sat and made herself at home, which to all ends, she was.

"Hows your drink?"

Axel King
Oct 16th, 2003, 08:43:55 AM
"My drink?" Axel replied, slowly, his face blank. He stared down at the glass in front of him. "My drink is blue," he muttered in reply.

DarthHERA
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:08:03 AM
"Cute" she replied.

And then she got down to business.

"You got a name?"

Axel King
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:58:38 PM
"I do," Axel replied, taking another drink of the blue liquid, "Axel King." He set the glass down on the table. "I'm your average mercenary, bounty hunter and general killing machine." He re-arranged his features into a faint approximation of a smile. "And you are...?"

DarthHERA
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:25:20 PM
"Name's Hera"

She extended her hand in the traditional greeting, which Axel shook firmly. Always a good sign. Weak handshakes, like weak smiles always did little to hide a weak man.

"How'd you end up here, at Enton, Axel King?"

Axel King
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:05:03 PM
Axel took another sip of his drink. "I'm looking for work. A smuggler that used to work for my father told me that this was the place to come. So I did. Nothing too complicated." He gave a little shrug. "Story of my life," he added, as a mutter.

"And you," he continued, "What's a girl like you doing in a dump like this...if you don't mind me asking?"

DarthHERA
Oct 26th, 2003, 05:57:37 PM
"Oh, I dont mind you asking," she replied airily and then hardened her tone as she finished - "I run this dump."