PDA

View Full Version : Happiness is...(Open) [complete]

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:25:41 PM
Dr. Hayden Radnor strolled into the busy Bar and Grill, it had become his favorite spot to eat and have a drink or two. It was Friday evening and all his collegues were busy with their families or dates or whatnot.

Hayden had been a doctor for the last several years and his life had been in the two hospitals he worked at, but soon he was only going to be working at Coruscant Medical right behind the Jedi Temple.

He always enjoyed working, but he really needed a life or at least that was what all his married friends told him.

So, here he was dressed in a nice suit, going to be drinking and eating in this bar...alone.

Hayden shook his head and sighed as he took a seat in a booth and hailed a server droid. "Give me a...milk." He loved milk and could hardly get enough of it. What could he say? Hayden was a doctor.

Lady Mylia
Oct 10th, 2003, 09:47:41 PM
Mylia walked into the B&G and nodded to the gaurds. She looked around to see if there were any of her friends around. She spotted Dr. Radnor and went over to him as his driod was returning with... milk. She smiled and laughed. "Man, Dr. Radnor... I know milk does a body good, but how much have you been drinking?" She smilded, shook her head and winked at him.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:04:23 PM
Hayden looked at his milk and then at Mylia and back again. "I try to keep it under a gallon a day, Miss Basque." He smiled. "And no more formalitles, I'm Hayden. Care for a drink?"

He offered her a seat.

Lady Mylia
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:07:12 PM
Mylia laughed again. "I'm Mylia. And thanks." She took a seat. "I'll only keep you for a couple moments, I'm sure you don't want any of your patient's best friends hanging arond you on your time off."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:12:38 PM
"Well, to tell you the truth. I'm in the need of some company, if you wouldn't mind. Besides, we have a certain someone in common and I'm sure she tells you a bit more than she does me."

He took a swig of his milk.

Lady Mylia
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:27:20 PM
Mylia laughed and smiled. "All good, just so you know." Jacali must enjoy going to therapy, she thought with a laugh.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:45:37 PM
Hayden smiled. "I'll tell you, that it is so good to see her getting back to her old self again. That girl has the determination of an ox. She's going to make a fine Jedi, if you ask me."

He sighed slightly.

"I just wish her right leg would heal more than it has, but it's starting to look like that brace she's got, is going to be permenant and I know it upsets her."

Lady Mylia
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:46:33 AM
Mylia nodded. "It kills her, even though she tries not to show it."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:53:13 AM
"I thought as much. I wish, there was more I could do for her. She'll be back in the Temple in a couple of weeks and I think that will lift her spirits even more. I know the rehab floor isn't the best place to be, but she's coping pretty well." He took another drink of his milk. "What about you? How are you doing?"

Lady Mylia
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:02:25 PM
"I can't wait to have her back, our room just isn't the same without her there." She sighed. "I'm doing okay, worried about her. Training is okay, you know... the normal stuff."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:14:44 PM
"Well, you need not worry about Jacali, I've been taking very good care of her. I'm really glad I transferred out of the ER and to the rehab floor. It's been very interesting to say the least."

The server droid showed up. "Would you care to have dinner with me?" Hayden asked.

Lady Mylia
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:22:01 PM
Mylia laughed. "I bet, she can be a hand full sometimes." She looked down at her chrono and shrugged and nodded. "Sure, that'd be nice. I don't have anything else to do." She smiled to him. "Thanks..."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:27:08 PM
He smiled and was very glad he wasn't eating alone tonight. "Anything you'd like to eat or drink, it's on me." Mylia was very pretty and he took notice of it, for a moment he was staring and quickly glanced down at his menu.

Lady Mylia
Oct 12th, 2003, 11:27:35 AM
"Are you sure? I mean, I could help out if you want." Mylia looked to him with a smile. He was a very nice man, Jacali was very lucky to have such a great man as her Doctor.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:36:39 PM
Hayden held up his hands. "No, no. I insist, I invited you so I'll take care of the tab. Go ahead and order, it's nice to have the company. I don't get out much, besides going back and forth to the hospital." He added with a smile.

Lady Mylia
Oct 14th, 2003, 07:55:34 PM
Mylia smiled and laughed. "I'm glad to be your company." She picked up a menu and looked around, nothing really looked appealing. The droid came over and she finally settled for a salad. She read the order to the droid and looked to Hayden with a smile.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:00:46 AM
"Chef salad, no dressing." He said as he put the menu down. "Oh, and another shot of milk, please." He finished off his glass and the droid rolled away.

With a grin, Hayden looked at Mylia. "I've been really impressed with Jacali's improvements. She's come a long way in a short time and I want to thank you for helping out at times. Her spirit seems to rise when you're there. You two are really close aren't you?"

Lady Mylia
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:32:35 PM
Mylia nodded. "Oh yes, very close. She was my first real friend here at the order."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 16th, 2003, 11:05:37 PM
Hayden nodded. "Yes, those kinds of friends are sometimes very hard to find. I'm glad that I had a part of keeping that friendship between the two of you. I was worried, when I saw her at the accident." He sighed slightly and then smiled. "Never in my life had I ever wanted to save a life more."

Lady Mylia
Oct 17th, 2003, 04:27:04 AM
Mylia smiled. "And I thank you very much for that, I really don't know what I would have done without Jacali. She's my.... my... well... she's mine." Mylia smiled and laughed.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:49:34 AM
Hayden laughed with her, it was very good to know that Jacali had such a good friend in Mylia. The young woman really cared about her and he took a lot of interest in that. "Well, Jacali is very lucky to have a friend like you, I'd say." He smiled as the server droid came back up to them and served them their meals and drinks.

"So," he began as he mixed his salad together. "What is Jedi life like? I see Jedi all the time, but never really talk to many."

Lady Mylia
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:32:24 PM
Mylia nodded to the droid as their food was served. She began mixing her salad as well as she answered Hayden. "Well, it's no walk in the park." She smiled sheepishly as her bad pun. "I'm very busy all the time, with studying and training and trying to balance work and friends. I'm virtually exhausted. It's strange, but nice to have a night off every once in a while."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:02:02 AM
Hayden nodded with a smile. "Ah, yes, those long weary days of schooling and whatnot. I remember them. Medical school was just as trying for me. Eight years of grueling training, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, I love my work. A day off is always very nice and now that I'm not scheduled to work at two Medical facilities. I'll have some more free time to just relax. My friends kept telling me to quit one of my jobs and I finally decided too. I guess, maybe they were afraid I'd run myself into the ground."

He took a drink of his milk and sat it down. "So, what is it that you do, Mylia? Are you one of those sabre weilding virtuoso's?"

Lady Mylia
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:42:37 PM
Mylia laughed. "That's what I'm working up to atleast. I don't have a saber as of now..."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:10:25 AM
"I always thought those were kinda cool weapons, but they sure can do some damage. I've had my share of seeing the damage that those sabre's can cause." He took a bite of his salad.

Lady Mylia
Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:42:17 PM
Mylia nodded. "Oh yes, they are so fascinating, but I am sure they can put quite hurting on someone."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:47:01 PM
Hayden nodded. "Yes, indeed. I'd talk more about it, but we're eating, so I'll just change the subject. Are you originally from here, Mylia?" He crunched on another bite.

Lady Mylia
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:57:02 AM
Mylia smiled. "Yes, I am. Born and raised here. I love it here. What about you?"

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 26th, 2003, 12:25:34 PM
I come from Naboo originally. Graduated from med school there and then came here to intern. I've just recently stopped working at Coruscant West to take on full time in the rehab wing at Coruscant Med. I really like it there better, the staff is a lot nicer and then there is the Jedi healers who help there as well."

Lady Mylia
Oct 27th, 2003, 02:19:38 PM
"That's awesome. Naboo is so pretty, I've been there several times. I'm glad you're happy with what you do. It always makes things so much better."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:22:35 AM
"I've always wanted to be a doctor, even when I was a little kid. I'd go around taking care of my family when they had colds or got hurt. My mom always thought that was funny. She very proud of my accomplishments."

Lady Mylia
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:12:15 PM
Mylia smiled, Hayden seemed to come from a very close family. "That's awesome. Not only are you happy, you make others happy in the prosess."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 30th, 2003, 07:01:14 PM
Hayden nodded. "Yeah, I love my family, they are awesome. I'm the second out of five kids so someone had to lend a hand." He smiled as he took a drink. "Being in a large family really taught me the meaning of family unity, I'm still very close to my siblings."

Lady Mylia
Oct 31st, 2003, 10:12:05 PM
Mylia smiled and nodded in agreement. "That is awesome, I love my family as well." She smiled thinking about her family.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 1st, 2003, 10:37:49 AM
"Nothing quite like it." Hayden said as he took another bite of his salad. "Someday I hope to have a large family as well. That is if I can get away from the hospital long enough to court someone." He loved to use the word court, it was one of his mother's favorite saying.

Lady Mylia
Nov 1st, 2003, 03:39:53 PM
Mylia laughed. "Work can be a hard thing to work around." She knew that first hand.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 1st, 2003, 11:47:04 PM
"Yes, especially when I was working at two hospitals. I knew I was overdoing it when I started getting migraines. I actually had to call in sick a couple of times they were so bad."

Lady Mylia
Nov 2nd, 2003, 04:48:06 PM
Mylia's eyes widened. "Oh my goodness, talk about over working yourself."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:53:50 PM
Hayden shrugged with a smile. "I learned my lesson real quick, won't be doing that anymore. Especially, now that I'm only working in one hospital. I still work in the ER occasionally, when someone calls in or needs a break. It's not to bad."

Lady Mylia
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:33:39 PM
"Yeah, that doesn't sound to bad at all, compared to what you used to do."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:16:02 AM
"No, it's not bad at all now. I'm quite happy with things." He replied.

Lady Mylia
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:25:09 PM
Mylia nodded. "That's good." Mylia looked down at her plate, they were kind of running out of things to say.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:01:16 AM
"How does one get accepted into the Order?" Hayden finally asked. "I've been talking to a friend and they think I should try. But, I really don't know what to do to go about it. Or if I want to attempt it now with my schedule."

Lady Mylia
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:54:27 PM
Mylia looked up to him, glad he brought up this new conversation. "Well, first you have to go to the recruitment center and speak with someone there. They talk to you about becoming a Jedi and then if they feel you are worthy, you get in. Then, you have to sign up for the group classes..."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:21:59 AM
"Hmmm," Hayden rubbed his chin thougthfully. "Being a healer would come in very handy, with my work. But, I'd still want to help Jacali, she is my priority right now. Perhaps, I should wait another few weeks after Jacali is back in the Order. I've got a feeling, she's not going to want to give up on that leg of hers until that brace is off."

He looked down at the table for a moment. "I'm afraid, she may be a little disappointed."

Lady Mylia
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:49:01 AM
"Yeah, Jacali's a strong willed one." Mylia smiled thinking of her friend. "She'll never give up on it."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:22:10 PM
"That is what I'm afraid of when she leaves rehab. She may try to overdo it just as she's been trying to do at the center. I've had to tell her to slow down many times. But, she's bound and determined to walk without that brace and..." He stopped for a moment before he continued. "It will be nearly impossible for her to do that. The nerve endings were just too badly damaged for her to make a full recovery."

He took a drink of his milk. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't even be discussing this with you, but I...I just can't help it. It's not everyday I get to work with such a determined Jedi. Perhaps, you can talk to her?"

Lady Mylia
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:47:29 PM
Mylia smiled. "I will try to do whatever I can do. I only want what's best for Jacali."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 11th, 2003, 09:41:19 PM
"She's quite stubborn, you know?" He asked.

Lady Mylia
Nov 12th, 2003, 03:35:36 PM
Mylia laughed. "Oh yes, I know. I know all too well." Mylia laughs again as she thinks of some of the stubborn things Jacali does.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:33:14 PM
He takes another bite, chews and swallows. "She's a sweet girl though so it's easy to look past her stubborness. Now, about that recruitment thing, what do you get asked?"

Lady Mylia
Nov 14th, 2003, 11:53:47 PM
Mylia laughed. "Yes, she is very sweet. Oh, they ask you if you know what it means to become a Jedi. The responsibility you are taking on. If you are truly prepared for all that, that kind of thing."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:38:02 PM
"What it means to become a Jedi.....hmmmm. Well, Jedi are known peacemakers and often go above and beyond the call of duty....hence, Jacali. I still can't believe she did that, it was quite a heroic thing..." He winced slightly as a picture of that dreaded day flashed through his mind. "I can still see her crumpled up on the pavement when I came pushing through the crowds."

Lady Mylia
Nov 21st, 2003, 02:29:26 PM
Mylia nodded a sad smile crossed her face. "I know, she was very brave."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:41:45 PM
He shook the thought from his head. "Let's not think about that, let's just keep in mind that she's getting better everyday and soon she'll be back in the GJO. Now, am I ready for the respnsibility of being a Jedi. Yes, once Jacali is back in the Order, I will be ready."

Lady Mylia
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:36:53 PM
Mylia nodded and smiled. Hayden would be joining the Order. Awesome. This was going to be a very good for Jacali's continuing recovery. "Good."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:49:35 PM
"Do you think I'd make a good healer?" He wondered that himself. But, if they accepted him, he would do his darnedest.

Lady Mylia
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:16:30 PM
Mylia smiled and nodded. "I know you would be a good healer, you have what it takes."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:37:50 PM
"Me, a Jedi Healer, now that would be something else. More years of schooling...." He sighed at the thought.

Lady Mylia
Nov 29th, 2003, 10:45:38 PM
Mylia smiled and shook her head at Hayden. "Don't think of it as such a downer. Becoming a Jedi healer is such a good thing. The years of training will be worth it, you know that."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 3rd, 2003, 04:35:39 AM
Hayden smiled and nodded at Mylia. "Yes, I know...it's just going to be different, I'm sure."

Lady Mylia
Dec 6th, 2003, 10:47:01 PM
Mylia nodded. "It is a very different life, but, it's a good one. I don't regret it for a minute."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:54:10 AM
Hayden sighed slightly, "nor would I. I just don't know when I should join, now? Or wait until later."

Lady Mylia
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:58:04 PM
"Well, what is stopping you know? I mean, it's okay if you want to wait, but you have to figure out what's best for you."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 8th, 2003, 04:01:40 AM
"Well, if I were to join now I'd really want to continue Jacali's rehabilitation until she gets back to the Order and then continue to help her, would the Order allow that?"

Lady Mylia
Dec 10th, 2003, 05:27:21 AM
Mylia thought for a moment, with a shrug, she answered Hayden. "I'm really not sure, I would think they would allow it, but sometimes they surprise even me. That would have to be something you would have to speak with the counsel about."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 10th, 2003, 07:42:36 PM
"Perhaps, I should go find out. Is the Recruitment center still open? Maybe I can talk to someone." Hayden suggested.

Lady Mylia
Dec 14th, 2003, 09:43:15 PM
Mylia looked down at her chrono and back up to Hayden. "I don't see why it would be closed. We can atleast go try, if you'd like."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 17th, 2003, 04:13:15 AM
Hayden nodded. "Yeah, I'd like that. Are you ready?"

Lady Mylia
Dec 17th, 2003, 05:33:52 AM
Mylia nodded and stood up. "Whenever you are." She said with a smile.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Dec 17th, 2003, 08:08:51 PM
Hayden threw some credit chits on the table and followed Mylia out the door.