PDA

View Full Version : postcards from the field

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:51:48 AM
something occured to me on the way home from work yesterday, so i decided to pose the question here.

it started yesterday afternoon; i was working, when my boss comes in and starts playing with this stuffed duck i have on my comp. he gets it into his head that he wants to buy a whole bunch and sell them around christmas time. so i ask him if hes ever heard of ds-max - two which two of the guys i work with turn around and look at me like id just grown a second head. turns out they used to work for the communications division of ds-max, (i was a part of the charities division) and from there the conversation degenerated into sharing horror stories from the field and the company in general.

fast forward about an hour, and im hanging out in the foyer talking with my girl friend who happens to be the receptionist, and in walk two people; from ds-max. needless to say that the moment he started talking i knew exactly who he was; i said the same exact stuff to break the ice when walking into a new business.

so then i got to thinking.

has anyone on the boards heard of ds-max? or even once worked for them?

Leten Snat
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:54:50 AM
Not me... Sorry..

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:56:16 AM
Sorry, haven't

Morgan Evanar
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:22:15 AM
ds max? Uhh?

Commander Zemil Vymes
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:23:34 AM
negative

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:25:31 AM
http://wolfram.org/scam/ds_max/index.html o_O?

Zango Jett
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:35:03 AM
Sounds more like a scam than a corporation to me.........

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:59:24 AM
Haven't heard of them. *shrug*

Nzambi
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:07:31 PM
its multi level marketing

not a scam. it does teach people an awesome work ethic and helps them become goal oriented, but there are alot of the higher-ups who take things a little too far imo.

is it for everyone? definately not. i dont recommend getting into it, but i myself would do it all over again just because of the people i met and the lessons i pulled out of it. yeah, i have horror stories about the field, but theres also really good stories. i used to get free food, gift certificates, free drinks, etc whenever i was out in the field

every company has a bad and good side, its what you choose to see most prevailently that often dictates your opinions on said company. i tend to look at dsmax in a broad spectrum, taking both at the same time.

if you think its a scam, then great. i recommend you read more about what the company does though

its a good concept imo, but the execution has degraded over the course of time

Taylor Millard
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:35:24 PM
I've heard of 'em :D ;)

Naj Arilov
Oct 11th, 2003, 12:39:31 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
http://wolfram.org/scam/ds_max/index.html o_O?

Sounds like a cult.