PDA

View Full Version : One for the cricket fans out there....

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:51:32 AM
Yes, there are some out there, apart from Pommies and aussies that frequent the place :p

A call of admiration I makke for Matthew Hayden, the new individual test cricket high score of 380, made over 10 hours and 434 balls. I was listening to the commentary all day and it was one hell of a performance. Well done to you Matt :)

Yads
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:12:29 AM
Yeah definitely, that's an awesome performance. :-) I heard about it this morning on Sky Sports News (they gave it about 10 seconds... around the continuing, ongoing soap opera that is English football these days, which filled the other 59 minutes :p).

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:24:41 AM
Considering the Rugby World Cup starts here tonight, it had to take something truly remarkable to knock the Cup out from the headlines. Maybe Hayden will get Page One everywhere and hell, he deserves it.

As an aside, the Aust batting line up is just ridiculous with talent - Hayden and Langer opening, Ponting at 3, Martin, then Steve Waugh and Lehmann. and just when you thought the worst was over you get Gilchrist. I cant remember when the Aussies had a stronger batting line up

Yads
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:15:00 AM
Yep, you've it got it good at the moment. The only team in the world that can compete as far as batting goes are the Indians.