PDA

View Full Version : RPing "fight" guidelines

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:48:05 AM
Firebird just PMed me asking for clarification on how to handle attacks by a group of people on one person. Because of my challenge thread, and the moderation question I posed to my two moderator volunteers, he wanted to know how that would work.

I think it's a good question. I also think that Morgan and Daiq's answer to me was a fairly sound one. Masters of the Force should be able to attack anyone in a four foot radius of them. Knights would be able to counter/attack two opponents at once, and padawans/apprentice level would be stuck with the one move deal.

Which would teach apprentice levels not to get into fights with multiple people before they're ready.

Thoughts? Keep in mind this is only for fights that are weighted heavily against ONE person, and these rules only would apply to the ONE person who is being attacked simultaeneously by multiple people.

Charley
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:49:41 AM
I hate to make it into concrete figures, but that sounds good to me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:59:32 AM
Ah and I'd add to the Knights one: two people in a four foot radius of them. :p

I know we're all about free form RPing and this still allows a lot of leeway I think. It's just something that might come up, and so it's useful to have a guideline so we know when someone is godmoding, vs. someone not godmoding.

It's also useful to the posters, so someone being attacked by five people doesn't take them all out in one post, and then wonder where he went wrong when we slap his hand for it. This way they'll have something to look at, read, and hopefully remember.

All on one fights don't happen very often but they *do* happen sometimes.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:04:19 PM
As mod rules I am cool with it, but I prefer not to have it hard coded into the FAQ.

Thanks

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:16:39 PM
I didn't think that it should have to be included in the FAQ, I just needed something to say "we've decided that ____ is allowed but ___ is not."

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2004, 01:51:01 PM
bumping for relevance with Sorsha/Firebird and my reference