PDA

View Full Version : Just so those of you know where I will be these next few days.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:26:55 PM
At first, I didn't think I'd have to make this post, but recent events say, "MAKE THE POST!" So I am.

My college (Mercer University) offers Christianity as a major. I took them up on the offer. So I'm a Christianity major. There is one class that all Christianity majors are required to take: CHR 250. Or Theological Research and Writing.

Currently I am researching and writing a Biblical exegesis paper on the passage Jeremiah 13:20-27. The rough draft for this paper is due in about a week, and I'm still researching. So, I'm going to be busy researching and writing and consequently will have no time for RP. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Note: THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT! I love 250 to death. I'm just letting you know where I am when you find that I do not reply to your threads with my usual promptness. If there is a new thread that I am needed in, PM me and I'll hop to it when I get back.

See you all later.

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:30:12 PM
I know I'm in no hurry to fight you... and we all know that RL come first...

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:02:59 PM
Theology classes are tough. Good luck :)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:46:44 PM
Thanks, LD. For a small update, I have most of my research done. I'm missing 3 sources, which I ought to have in my hands by Friday. Now I have to plan things out and get to writing my essay. I'm planning/outlining my essay for right now, but I can't start writing it yet until I've checked my other sources. So I'm posting because I think I can get away with it. But after this, I disappear again.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:41:30 PM
Well, good luck on your paper. That's a particularly tricksy selection, but I'm sure you'll do great. Remember, if you need someone else to look over it, just give me a yell. One more pair of eyes can't hurt. :)

Oh, and if you need cross-version sources, check out the Bible Gateway (http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible).

Zeke
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:29:50 AM
GET BACK HERE! :mad Or at the very least get on AIM! I have questions of importance to ask you, brother!

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:54:33 PM
Blah. My books are not in, and I won't be able to get a hold of them until Monday. In short, I'm still behind. But I'm getting things arranged in my head, and dousing this paper in prayer. Then in about a month after my exegesis rough draft is due, I have my research project to research and write a rough draft for. But I'll manage.

But now that I think about it, I wish I hadn't told my professor that I was determined to make an A in her class. Now I feel even more jittery about it. I hate not knowing when to shut up.

There's my update. And once my rough draft is written up, I'll be sure to post it, Ryla. I appreciate your offer to proofread it.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 14th, 2003, 04:30:03 PM
My other books are in and I have 4 out of 7 pages of my rough draft written. Technically, I only have to have 5 pages for full credit on a rough draft, so I'm back on top of things again. For now. So, consider me back in full swing. I won't be posting my paper until I've written all 7 pages, but once it's completed, I'll make sure to post it for proofreading.