Charley
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:30:12 AM
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2

^___________________________________________^

This is the greatest thing ever.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:55:51 AM
New trailer out.

Good grief. I'm looking forward to this more than have most movies in the past 5 years.

Kelt Simoson
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:56:00 PM
Yeah I agree 3 fold on that Charley..looking foward to it :)

Figrin D'an
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:29:47 PM
Looks pretty.

I may get it, but not right away. I've got other things on my list of higher priority.

Shawn
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:41:08 PM
I found the trailer more impressive than the HL2 videos. The character animations are a bit off, but it's really cinematic and looks to be a blast.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:52:44 PM
Literally, in some spots.

Maybe its just me, and yes I did like the smart-aleck smirk of the old Max, but the way they've made Max in this game is just that much cooler.

He's older, yeah, but that doesn't fully explain it. Its like everything that happened in the first game has leaned in with all its weight and sat on his shoulders. He's spent the past few years eating a guilt-trip sandwich and washing it down with regret and a side of angst.

He's such a brooding, ill-fortuned character. Its almost sad to see him continue getting screwed around with, except that we all know that Max brings the Pain to everybody, three-fold.

So very noir.

:hat

Morgan Evanar
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:01:13 AM
I told you I didn't want to watch the trailer. I feared it. I was right to be afeared.

Now my money wants to jump into a cash register. Damn you, Chuckles.

Charley
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:07:06 AM
Bwahahahaha

imported_Kanji
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:59:24 PM
Three Words for this game.

OH. MY. GOD.

*has bought it.*

Master Yoghurt
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:27:30 PM
MP2 generally seems to have more realistic texture maps and lighting than HL2, but I guess HL2 has the better overall 3D engine with interactive object physics, bigger areas and advanced visual effects. I will probably check it out at some point though :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:42:47 PM
Um, I don't know about that, Yog. Have you seen MP2's physics engine? Every object in the game can be affected by movement vectors. Everything. Even the smallest boxes on a shelf, the shelf itself, everything.

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:20:22 PM
Got it.

Overall very enjoyable, albeit not very different. The weapons were more or less the same, the style, everything. Instead of making it all fancy, they worked on making a better game. Problem with this is, if you got bored with the original, you'll hate this one. The dynamics with objects around you is brilliant, makes the game feel far more "real" as opposed to the previous MP, which was as if everything was bolted down. You can knock people down with doors and dives. Some of the best levels don't even involve shooting. The slow motion reload is brilliant. And hey, where else can you have a level where you Protect a Mafia boss who is trapped in a giant cartoon character costume? :D

My biggest complaint really is the ending. It was just too samey, especially after the buildup.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 28th, 2003, 06:39:45 PM
Having played both MP2 and HL2 (sorta) I'd say they're both very different. I really hate the level where you have to protect Max with the stupid sniper rifle because I can't snipe for crap.

Mortaniuss
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:16:06 PM
I like sniping. http://panic.hopto.org/swf/vega/!SMILEYS/emot-keke.gif Still, that section was a smidge difficult.

I liked the ending. I appreciated the fact that it's not a happy ending. Still, there's an alternate ending after you beat the third difficulty level where Mona lives. So everyone's happy.

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:38:30 PM
Yeah, I'm cheating my way through to see that.

....as Captain Baseball Bat :D

Garrett Blade
Nov 12th, 2003, 09:46:13 AM
Is there a way to have the cheats on as well as change the skin? I want to kick <smallfont color=#ff00ff>-READ THE FAQ, MATE-</smallfont> as the shotgun lady.

ReaperFett
Nov 12th, 2003, 11:07:41 AM
Yes, you just use both pre-game codes.

Charley
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:11:19 AM
I've finally gotten to play this game. Words cannot express my amazement and happiness

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:13:38 AM
:o you've only just started playing now?

Okay, so Charley will be missing for a long time, then!

Charley
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:28:48 AM
Its taken me a while to upgrade my comp, so yes.

On the flipside, I can max out the game settings and play with no lag and tiny load times.

Charley
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:05:05 AM
aaaand.....I've beaten the game. Absolutely marvelous!

Plenty of plot twists and somewhat of a sad ending. Very noir indeed.

Garrett Blade
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:41:26 AM
I love Max Payne 2. The levels are fantastic with lots of great playing in them which I like to keep multiple saves for just so I can go back and play them. But its still can't hold a candle to SS2 - which I'm now on my 6th playthrough since I completed it 2 weeks ago.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:49:36 AM
I think its got the best story in any game I've played. If there was ever a game that deserved to become a movie, its this.

But yes, System Shock 2 is still a better game, just for the fright factor alone.