PDA

View Full Version : Cruelty of Love: Making Apologies (Dasquian)

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:43:55 AM
It had been a rough meeting with the Council, and Terran was feeling rather exhausted. It wasn't that the Council was, by any means, mean or overly harsh. It was just taxing on him to go over his behavior again and again. It seemed like he would never be able to overcome the shadow it had created on his otherwise clean record. He felt as though he had lost seemingly months and months of training simply because he had let his emotions get the best of him.

Still, no matter how tired he was, he had two very important stops to make before he did anything else. They nagged at his spirit, and he could not rest properly until he had completed them. After hungrily devouring a plate of food from Yog's, he was ready to take care of business.

First stop: Master Dasquian Belargic's Room.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Three firm raps came against the door to Dasquian's room as the Jedi waited patiently outside. It had been a little over an hour since the meeting with the Council, and he figured that perhaps Dasquian would have returned to his chambers by now. Hopefully, he thought, as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He had a few things to say to one whom he had so respected and yet so disrespected as of late.

For now, all he could do was wait.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:52:22 AM
The door slid open, revealing an equally drained looking Dasquian.

“… Hello, Terran.”

Appearing a little taken aback, the Knight had been a little slow to speak. He felt that little guilt on his heart again, but remembered his talk with Master Navaria and the conclusion the two had drawn from their discussion. Perhaps now he could put that solution into practice.

“Would you like to come in?”

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:32:35 AM
"Yes, Master Belargic, thank you," he replied, entering according to Dasquian's gesture. The room was semi-familiar to him. He'd been here before, to see Sejah. He didn't know if the two still lived together or not, but many aspects of the room looked the same. Still, examining the room wasn't the priority on his to-do list.

"Master Belargic," he said, addressing the other as Dasquian shut the door. "Thank you for recieving me. I need to talk to you about. . ." Terran looked down the the floor again, as he generally reacted to memories of his foolish behavior with shame. He had a knot in his stomach from the things he wanted to say, and it took him a minute to gather the guts to speak.

"I wanted to talk to you about the way I acted towards you before I left. I was foolish and I was out of control, and I made a fool of myself. I disrespected you and I disrespected Xazor, and I'm sorry for that." He thought of the way he had violently threatened Dasquian and the fact that he had even drawn his weapon to a Jedi Knight--a higher rank than he and one deserving his respect and obedience, according to the code.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:32:45 AM
Dasquian motioned for Terran to sit, and the two were seated at the rooms modest kitchen table. The Knight brought his hands together and diplomatically began:

“I believe we were both in the wrong, Terran. Our emotions got the better of the both of us in one form or another, although I believe it is I who have the greater apology to make for driving you to do what you did.

Let’s not dwell on what’s past, now, shall we? I hold no ill feelings towards you, and I assume from what you have said that this is also the case for you.”

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:05:51 AM
"Aboslutely not," Terran said, his voice relieved that Dasquian was feeling the same. "I mean, I have no ill feelings towards you, Master Belargic. I didn't mean that I don't want to put the past behind us. I meant yes, I do want to put the past behind us." He cocked his head and thought about the confused statements he had just made. As though any bit of tension between the two was being dissolved, Terran burst out laughing at his stuttering.

"I'm thankful for your forgiveness, Master Belargic. I do not blame you in the least." He paused for a moment. "But, I think your wisdom exceeds my own. I should very much like to put this all behind us. Which leads me to something else I want to accomplish." He took his leather satchel--the one that he always carried with him--off of his shoulder and slung it onto the table before them.

"You've seen me at my worst. You've seen me lose control and you've seen how foolishly dangerous I can become. Sejah. . ." Terran paused, still shamed. "Sejah saw it too." Terran opened the bag, fishing in it for several seconds before withdrawing a familiar object: his lightsaber, Halcyon.

"Master Belargic, I need to spend the last of my training away from my weapon and in touch with peace. I would be ever so grateful if you would hold onto Halcyon until I am able to take it again with confidence in my ability to use it as a Jedi." His eyes were serious, not shameful now, as he had thought about this. "It serves as a promise. A promise that I have made to you: never allow myself to hurt the ones I respect and trust until I am prepared to bear the weapon of tuth."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:02:43 PM
“I will guard it with my life, Terran. You have my word.”

Dasquian nodded and offered a smile. It seemed that all of that worrying at Navaria’s side had melted away. Now that he was presented with actually speaking to the Padawan, his nerves were calm and conscience felt at eases.

“I have the utmost confidence in you. May the Force be with you in your studies.”

imported_Terran Starek
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:14:05 PM
OOC: Sorry for the delay. Was out of town on a school break. Please pardon my late posting. :)

IC:

Terran smiled broadly as Dasquian responded. He bowed to the Knight who had warmed his heart and honored him. To think, just a week or less ago, he had held such contempt for the Jedi who stood before him. Terran thanked the Force for the wisdom enough not to ruin this special friendship.

"Thank you, Master Belargic." He yawned broadly as he stretched his arms out. "Please forgive me, Master, but I am terribly exhausted. As you know from the Council meeting, I have had little rest lately." He reached out his hand to take Dasquian's.

"I will surely rest better with the security that clarity brings to me."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 26th, 2003, 09:22:50 AM
Dasquian accepted the handshake with a nod and a smile.

“Understood. If you wish to take leave now and rest we may continue speaking at a later time. I always have time to speak with a friend.”