PDA

View Full Version : re: If You Dare

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:32:57 AM
Please respect posting order.

yes? no? :\

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:41:37 AM
This moderator of the rp has already spoken to one guilty party on this subject......the other can expect a pm >D

James Prent
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:57:38 AM
I'm sorry :cry I offered to delete my post but she told me not to. Right now I'm waiting on Preacher, Estelle and Jinzo to post and then I *think* it's my turn unless someone else joins. ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:05:27 AM
*coffcoff* I'd just like to remind Jinzo/Zango (please make up your mind as to your name:)) that we're on a space station, and if you keep on destroying it we'll all be dead.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:09:23 AM
Remember too, that the floor is ABOVE YOU. Ergo, you shoot it, its gonna come crashing down onto yooou :)

Preacher Blake
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:16:57 AM
I figured that it was a promenade-style thingy, with tiers of balconies and catwalks? No?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:18:21 AM
Probably yes, but it's bound to be like... a domino effect. One thing starts blowing up, the next thing follows. Always happens in the movies :mneh

Zango Jett
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:41:00 AM
The balconies and railings should protect everyone from the collapsing floor structre. Except for Jacob, and the Droid that is. I forgot we were on a station, those last two rockets I fired are going to be my last. Besides, I've already wipped out the blasters.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:46:54 AM
I tried to portray it like a promenade, yes...but I don't see how railings can protect people when the ceiling crashes into them. :p

Preacher Blake
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:48:16 AM
They can't. Load-bearing or not, when one tier crashes on another, it would cause a structural integrity failure. Not just from the mass, but force of impact. Nobody builds generic structures to take that kind of impact.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:48:19 AM
but I don't see how railings can protect people when the ceiling crashes into them.

That's because it can't, because the railings will be coming crashing down with the ceiling :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:50:24 AM
Sorry Kuat! You've got two other space stations though.

Somehow I figure that LD will be taking the blame for the destruction of the station. :cry

And I'm waiting for Estelle and then it's my turn agin. >D

edit: to the two moderators: am I correct in assuming I get a chance to respond to all the attacks made on me by the other posters in my one post, without being called a godmoder? I did that in my previous post...^_^;

Preacher Blake
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:54:40 AM
^^^

There isn't parity. Thats why its called being outnumbered. You could maybe counterattack to one and run away from the others, but a counterattack for each would not be possible. You *could* pull off an attack that effects more than one person, but I don't think that getting multiple attacks proportional to your number of attackers is appropriate.

/RP mod ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:56:35 AM
haha you're not the mod of that thread though, didn't you read the first post?

Well, I just meant whatever I did in the post after yours...I guess I didn't respond to all the attacks. I just mentioned them all. Anyway, I'll be :cool, never feer.

Anyway if you all do something to me at once it could be possible to kick you all in the head. They do it in the movies. ^_^; ;)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:00:53 AM
*the moderators consult for answer*

Preacher Blake
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:06:24 AM
Only if you have a steel pole, and we're all standing in a circle

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:19:50 AM
:cool Bring it on, dog boys. >D

Diego Van Derveld
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:25:25 AM
(enters de fray)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:57:39 AM
I'd suggest that each person have no more than two characters invovled, simply because it seems like certain people are using the open nature of the thread to their advantage. While the characters have legitmate affiliations, this is getting out of hand.

Further: its hard to tell where people are, which is part of the problem with fight threads. The space station isn't very well defined, and its litterally coming to pieces. -IF- it was a more traditional pen and paper RP setting, I'd set you lot very close to cold space.

Attack response: beyond dodging, there isn't much you can do about projectiles, but I'd say De'Ville can attack whoever is within four meters easily. She's a Dark Jedi Master.

Other Moderator has signed off on said opinions. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:09:36 PM
Sounds good to me.

The station promanade where we are at the moment is just a part of the station, not the main part. It's supposed to be a huge place, IIRC. The promenade cuts through nine levels of the station. LD, Jacob, JodoKast and JinzoZango started on the fourth from the bottom looking down into the courtyard. Estelle and Preacher started on the third from the bottom, Estelle is in a little cafe type place.

If I'm not mistaken, LD is now on the third level while Preacher and Nzambi have moved to either across the opening on the same level, or another level down. Estelle is on the same side as LD, with the fourth level coming down on their heads. JodoKast and JinzoZango are flying around in the central opening...and Jacob and Diego are on the fourth level...?

Pierce Tondry
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:57:19 PM
FYI, I'm starting on the second tier on same side as Diego.

Charley
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:25:22 PM
Preacher and Nzambi are on the level beneath LD.

Diego is on the level with Jacob, but on the other side, across the gap in the middle.

Zango Jett
Oct 6th, 2003, 03:16:19 PM
I think me and Jodo are on the fifth levels looking down, if I am not mistaken.

So the structre, is like a cylinder tube standing up for lack of better description, with open balconies ringing the whole structre from one side to another, per level? That would make 8 balconies if I am not mistaken. And there is an open space in the center of all the balconies, as a matter of fact, the room, let's say, is no more than 50 meters across, and each balconie extends 5 meters out into the room?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 03:58:20 PM
ok no.

Picture a mall. Picture a mall that is nine stories tall. Picture a hole in the middle of the mall that you can walk all the way around. That's what I was trying to describe.

The entire station is much bigger than just this one place.

Charley
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:18:29 PM
^^^

Thats what I had in mind, though not as many stories. Still works I guess :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:47:04 PM
It better work, that's what I said it was in my first post. :p

HunterJodoKast
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:59:12 PM
Well, I imagine this space station as being quite vast and the promenade structures encircling a center court deal.

Is the structure honeycombed via other deeper rooms and connected to other promenades, right?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:15:20 PM
Who knows?

HunterJodoKast
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:33:10 PM
It would have to be a very sound structure in order to support all the commercial and private spacecraft aboard. Gigantic really.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:48:52 PM
Originally posted by HunterJodoKast
It would have to be a very sound structure in order to support all the commercial and private spacecraft aboard. Gigantic really. Uhhh... Not so much as you would think. Remember, gravity only plays where you have it on.

HunterJodoKast
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:02:32 PM
True. But the space station has technological accommendations, goods and merchandise, garbage, in-station vehicles, and sheer humanoid populance to account for.

Park Kraken
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:51:44 PM
Ok, that was what I had in mind, I just couldn't find the proper words to describe it. So someone could hack into the ventilation control facilites, and depress all of the atmosphere, and oxygen out of the station?

Charley
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:53:14 PM
My bet is no. Things of this nature are pretty redundantly controlled.

HunterJodoKast
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:23:01 AM
Well, IMO, I don't feel we are throwing stones in a glass house (save for breaching the outer hull of course). There are safety and security standards to be met even in the SW universe.

Zango Jett
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:09:04 AM
Reason I was asking, as far as I know, both my guy, and Hunters both have gas masks, and I have a special gas grenade, but I would only use it as a last resort, for it is very deadly.

Charley
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:30:40 AM
That won't be allowed. Such attacks are godmoding.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:35:48 PM
Anyway if you thought a gas grenade was going to take me down you're sadly mistaken.

*checks chrono, waiting for Estelle* ;)

edit: Zango I'm going to use my next post to break your neck if you don't stop posting out of order. :mad

Zango Jett
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:33:22 AM
:x The error has been fixed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:31:59 AM
*is glad her bluff wasn't called* ^_^;

Droo
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:37:43 AM
How could you break someone's neck with a post? o_O

Mind you, you could use a goal post or something.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:40:54 AM
Lay person out on table, with head hanging off...hit head with a post.... ....

shush you, Dru...

Droo
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:03:41 PM
Edit: Sorry, this is a NSP thread. Delete me. :)

edit: we'll just stop the hijack here. Any more hijack posts will be deleted. :) ack I edited too fast. This was LD. ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:56:40 PM
Space station set up:

How about we make our little fight happening in the huge outer ring, and then there are passages into a smaller "residential/worker living quarters" ring within the large ring, and then the central core where all the techie stuff is...? does that make sense? am I on crack?

Anyway I posted. Yeah.

Zango Jett
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:36:33 AM
Makes sense to me, and sounds like it would fit just fine. *Pats Proton Bomb as he strides into core...*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:40:54 PM
Er, totally destroying the station would be a VERY bad idea. For example: the NR owns it and I'm sure they won't appreciate it.

Estelle Russard
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:20:32 PM
plus...um....we are all on the station...

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:55:40 PM
Yah you can't keel us without our permission. HAH.

Zango Jett
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:07:49 AM
It is your choice whether or not you get off the station before it goes boom. Plus, you do have the option of using the force to unplug the wires in my bomb, thereby making it useless. *Waites impatiently for Jacob Nives to post*

Morgan Evanar
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:39:04 AM
That and it would be suicide.

It is your choice whether or not you get off the station before it goes boom. Plus, you do have the option of using the force to unplug the wires in my bomb, thereby making it useless. *Waites impatiently for Jacob Nives to post* Please die.

Nzambi
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:08:31 AM
i think i lost myself in the order :|

for that matter, what is the posting order? ive tried to work it out, even wrote it out on paper, but for some reason my grey matter refuses to work with me on this whole comprehension thing

Charley
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:18:39 AM
You're next I think

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:05:41 PM
From the last round the posting order should be something like this:

Lilaena De'Ville
Jacob NIves
Zango
Preacher Blake
Nzambi
Diego Van Derveld
Pierce Tondry
Sean Troy
HunterJodoKast
Estelle

Of course, no one paid attention to what order they posted in, and so this time it's all out of whack again. *shrug*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:14:38 PM
Oh and also, the station should be up to galactic specs, as per construction, and so the entire section we're in SHOULDN'T keep pancaking down. You blew out the supports on one side of one level, so that side of that level should crash into the one below. Other than that, the destruction shoudl stop.

IMO

Commander Zemil Vymes
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:37:50 PM
No, it would pretty much keep going for a few levels. Mass++, gravitational constant, etc. These things aren't built to withstand such impact.

Ardath Bey
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:18:52 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
From the last round the posting order should be something like this:

Lilaena De'Ville
Jacob NIves
Zango
Preacher Blake
Nzambi
Diego Van Derveld
Pierce Tondry
Sean Troy
HunterJodoKast
Estelle

Of course, no one paid attention to what order they posted in, and so this time it's all out of whack again. *shrug*

I shouldn't be so low, I was the first person to respond to the thread.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:27:20 PM
Would you like to be even lower? >D

:)

If everyone will accept it, I took the names and placed them in order of when they appeared.

LD
Kast
Nives
Jett
Blake
Russard
Nzambi
Diego
Tondry
Troy

Is this agreeable to all?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:32:35 PM
yep that's fine. I just took the post order from between my last two posts.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:09:23 PM
LD: Diego was supposed to be next in the posting order.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:23:51 PM
That's nice. After three days I get to post again. It's in the rules. :)

Sanis Prent
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:27:53 PM
Its ok ^_^; I'll pick it up when I can.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:40:02 PM
That's nice. After three days I get to post again. It's in the rules. :)

Which rules?

Either way, that means I'm up.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:45:11 PM
My rules.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:46:01 PM
No, JodoKast is up.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:48:56 PM
Excuse me? Could you explain why that is?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:56:56 PM
No, JodoKast is up. Overrulled. Tondry is up. Deigo gets swatted in the nose with a newspaper for my trouble.

James Prent
Oct 13th, 2003, 11:00:12 PM
okies :) I got confused.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:51:41 AM
JodoKast, I'm curious as to how you have a clear shot at me. Last I knew you were on an adjoining platform shooting across at me. I then jumped down to avoid, and ran straight across the floor, underneath you and several levels down.

Yet without moving from your position you are firing two rockets at me. Also, not only am I on the ground floor and underneath a few non-collapsing levels, but LD is also ducked behind a pylon. Or Pillar. Or weight bearing structural thing. Anyway you shouldn't have such a clear shot. :huh

Zango Jett
Oct 14th, 2003, 11:56:08 AM
By the adopted posting order, I just need to wait until Jacob Nives posts again before I can post my reply to Pierce's annoying action. Even if my rocket pack detonates, there won't be enough fuel left in it to seriously hurt me, but of course I will see the bolts coming since I am on the balcony facing outwards.
Let's take a quick status poll here. Which floor is everyone on, and what is their current status. For me, I am on the third floor, I am in a ok status.

Sanis Prent
Oct 14th, 2003, 12:25:28 PM
Originally posted by Zango Jett
By the adopted posting order, I just need to wait until Jacob Nives posts again before I can post my reply to Pierce's annoying action. Even if my rocket pack detonates, there won't be enough fuel left in it to seriously hurt me, but of course I will see the bolts coming since I am on the balcony facing outwards.
Let's take a quick status poll here. Which floor is everyone on, and what is their current status. For me, I am on the third floor, I am in a ok status.

You have no concept of how fuel vapor works. That tank will explode on you, since its more vapor and less liquid. Aerosolized fuel explodes.

HunterJodoKast
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:24:02 PM
There wasn't several levels below you because you were on the third level and the way your last post is written I interpreted that you are presently ducking and dodging your way across the center court where Estelle somewhere located presently.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:43:13 PM
Estelle was on the third level with me. I jumped off, hit the ground and ran across the center 'courtyard' type area, and am underneath the second level, behind a pylon on the first floor. I'd draw a picture but I don't think it would make it any clearer.

It doesn't matter how many floors, because I'm still almost directly underneath you. You shouldn't be able to see me unless you move.

HunterJodoKast
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:35:27 AM
Estelle isn't on the same level, she was looking up at the commotion.

I imagined the spacestation sorta configured like an ancient roman amphitheatre. Gradual circumventing tiers with the center court at the very core base. I will edit my post as soon as possible.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 15th, 2003, 12:46:29 PM
It doesn't matter about the tiers, I'm still underNEATH you. *sigh*

Estelle Russard
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:56:05 PM
Estelle was on the third level with me. I jumped off, hit the ground and ran across the center 'courtyard' type area, and am underneath the second level, behind a pylon on the first floor.

This is correct, Estelle was on the same level as LD till she jumped down again (to level 2)

In the beginning LD was on the level above Estelle and jumped down. (She's just a level-leaping-maniac).

Who's turn is it anyway? n/m I'll go looksee.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:23:41 PM
LD is on level one, not level two. :) ground floor. ^_^;

Estelle Russard
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:37:25 PM
yes, so you said, doh.

somebody post already..

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:35:25 AM
Three days wait and then the next person in the posting order gets to go. Its a poster-eat-poster world. :cat

Sanis Prent
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:45:59 AM
It be silly miss Jenny's turn next.

Zango Jett
Oct 16th, 2003, 08:39:55 AM
Ummm no, it was my turn next, and I just went, having waited about three days............

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 16th, 2003, 09:51:52 AM
It was my turn next, but I missed the 3 day deadline... but I've posted now. woopie.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:55:17 AM
Actually I don't think the three day deadline was up until tomorrow. But now Blake is up. *eyes Charley*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:36:40 AM
Charley you took too long to post. POST DARN YOU. Preacher Blake is up next unless I'm sadly mistaken, but you can be skipped now if you don't hurry your little butt over to the thread.

Dan the Man
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:41:03 AM
I'm postin today. Sorry for the delay.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 26th, 2003, 12:57:13 PM
Question: since Zango is banned, how do we handle that? Part of me wants to say "I shoot his jetpack and he blows up" but the more fair part of me wants to dodge his current attack and pretend he's then run away.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 26th, 2003, 02:50:04 PM
Why not dodge his attack, then blow up his jetpack?

Sanis Prent
Oct 26th, 2003, 02:52:26 PM
He's banned. I think killing him would be fine, since he isn't exactly coming back.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:18:04 AM
You did not post. :mad Look, this may be the last time I ever have an open fight thread I'd appreciate it not dying.

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:10:03 AM
I'm trying. I have had horrid internet connection since last night. Bear with me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 03:23:30 PM
^_^; okay :(

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:35:38 PM
I'm trying to get to where I can post. Internet's being unpredictable.

Estelle Russard
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:25:02 PM
I posted after Preacher, but from now on, dont worry bout me so much in the posting order. Estelle is very much in the background and until the story swings around some how, I think she'll stay there for a bit.