PDA

View Full Version : Re: Speed

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2003, 03:22:11 PM
I just had a question for s'Ilancy and Tondry: ;) How one earth are you gonna reach the end of the city of CORUSCANT on foot? It's the whole planet. :p

Ryan Pode
Oct 5th, 2003, 03:41:33 PM
There are oceans and ice caps.

Figrin D'an
Oct 5th, 2003, 03:52:53 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
There are oceans and ice caps.

All of which are covered by citiscape.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:01:58 PM
There's some place for skiing, I think, but not much. :) Anyway, we're not talking about a continent here, although running from one end of America to the other would take a long time. This is an entire planet. :D I put my money on s'Il. ^_^;

Zeke
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:24:07 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
How one earth are you gonna reach the end of the city of CORUSCANT on foot?

Well, I guess if you're running to the end of Coruscant, you could run from pole to pole, or just make a single lap around the planet and end where you started. Dang it, now you've got me thinkin'.

Jared Mriad
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:32:00 PM
Sector begin to Sector End... perhaps?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:59:05 PM
Coruscant is awfully big. Maybe from the end of one district to another.

Charley
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:32:58 PM
Or to the nearest artificial canyon. That would be plausible.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:59:07 PM
well, the rp it stemmed (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23300) from took place on arcan 4

Pierce Tondry
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:23:46 PM
Way to assume, know-it-alls. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:46:25 PM
The woman sat waiting on the curb outside Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill, her shock of blonde/brunette hair tied back loosely. Her body was completely relaxed, muscles rested after a full night's sleep, and resting elbows casually over her knees, she breathed in the morning air. It was crisp, chilling her lungs as it filled them, and exhaling, she watched as a puff of steam appeared briefly before her. Her fingers twitched a little, and she let a smile touch her features. Way to not read your own thread, posters. Yog's is on Coruscant. Sorry, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't like being called a 'know-it-all' in a sarcastic manner. 'Cause I DO know it all. :mneh

Anyway I was only curious :)

edit: I see by the linked thread that it took place A LONG time ago, but that wasn't really made clear in the new thread, that it is taking place before Yog's moved to Coruscant again. Something that people posting in it might need ot know, so as not to mess up timelines and stuff. Like, I wouldn't want to have ny Jedi character post, 'cause she hadn't joined the Jedi order yet, and has never left Coruscant, that sort of thing.

Rigel Bismarck
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:05:54 PM
I was joking or I wouldn't use the emoticon.

Anyway, whatever. It isn't important.

Park Kraken
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:18:28 AM
If someone started from one end of Coruscant, told people they were walking forward, then took 1 step backward and disappeared for a couple hundred days, couldn't they claim that they walked the planet over?
On another note, if Sil got on a speeder that was faster than light, and zoomed around the planet, and was walking from the back to the front of the speeder while it was in motion, and kept on walking the whole time it went around the planet, doesn't that qualify for walking around the planet?

Charley
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:20:17 AM
no.