PDA

View Full Version : Where one life ends, another begins....(correction, still going )

Epona Rhi
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:09:22 PM
She stood before the great mirror and fussed with her dress. Izabell had chosen it for her as she said it accented her eyes. Leave it to a vampire to know more of fashion than she did. The royal blue velvet gown hung from her waist loosely and the puffy shoulders seemed too much to her.....she did however love the darker blue bodice that wrapped around her torso, it really brought out the feminine side of her. Izabell had done her hair down and had taken some hair from her front sides and brought it back to tie with a silver ribbon which hung down her back. A silver celtic designed head band was placed onto her forehead as well as a matching necklace.

"Epona, stop fidgeting with your dress....it looks fine."

Epona frowned and turned to face the beautiful vampire who was helping her.

"I know Iza, but .....What if he doesn't want me?"

Izabell crossed the room and placed a caring arm around the shorter female's shoulders and smiled.

"How could he not? You'd make a fine daughter....and already you are a fine member of our group. You do know you're making history with us right? You are already the first mortal to run with the pack, and now you may end up being the first mortal to be accepted into our community after being turned. And that my friend, is a glorious feat in itself. And from me to you? I know the council is behind this a hundred percent."

Epona smiled as she was told the members of the ruling body had given their blessing with this new endeavor she was going to go on. She had hoped they would, they already had given her support as to the joining of the Bloodpack, and she was granted access to the rituals they had before a "cleansing". Her mind drifted to Redeemer....their last words were words in anger...well her last words anyway, and she had shut out the blonde vampyre from her thoughts. She wanted her sister here for this, but now would have to ask her forgiveness after this.....once she got back from her jaunt with Soth.

"Alright Iza, I'm ready."

Izabell left the room to inform Dante he had a request for his audience in the "reception room". Epona glance once more at her reflection and smiled. She'd never thought herself as beautiful and now looking at the young woman staring back, she began to think otherwise. Fixing the placement of the headband, she turned to head for the doors that would lead her hopefully into a new life.

Vampyre Dante
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:38:33 PM
Dante let out a sigh as he entered the great hall. He ran his hands through his hair, removing it from the troublesome ponytail it was in.

The vampyre was in no mood to deal with an 'audience' since he had come back from the birth of his best friend's grandchildren. He came back to find his lifemate gone, seeking out a new life now that all of their children were gone from them. She would not accept Redeemer as a true daughter, it as too painful to look on the blonde beauty and not think of her own pale haired daughters. He had known this was coming. Myriad in no way censured her thoughts around him. By the time she had actually left, he had come to terms with it.

Dante was dealing with a million emotions at once. The murder of his last survivinv child, Fulkrehm's happiness with the grandchildren, Myriad's leaving...it was enough to drive any vampyre over the edge into the light. He really had no idea why he was still around.

Dante suddenly thought of Redeemer and then Kariss' son Draven, given Ice's birth name in honor. He felt a tear form and blinked it back as he moved to perch himself on the edge of one of the thrones in the hall. His dull eyes went to the door at the end of the long hallway and wondered who had demanded an audience with him. The last time he had an audience was to grant Dorian permission to join the Bloodpack with the understanding that he would not be turned, but made a 'human-slave' to Redeemer, meaning she would take his blood, connecting the two of them for eternity and slow Dorian's aging. A smile lifted one corner of his mouth as he remembered Ice's violent reaction to that. Ice had been jealous of the mortal, who's feelings for Redeemer were more than obvious.

He heard the creaking of the door and looked up to watch it slowly open. The other Concil Members declined to be in this meeting, not telling him why. He could not even get it out of them by probing their minds. Dante sat up, leaning against the back of the throne as he placed his hands together infront of his face, his fingers resting against his lips as he waited to see who would approach him.

Epona Rhi
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:17:28 PM
The door to the great reception hall slowly opened on well oiled hinges. She stepped in and closed it behind her. She turned to face the sitting form of Dante, he sat upon the dais on a throne like chair. Her heart went out to him as he sat there brooding on the many things he no doubt had going through his mind. She could feel his surprise at seeing her not only as being the one who requested this audience with him, but at the attire she wore. She made her way across the room on the single dark colored carpet that made a straight line to the place he sat.

"My lord, I asked for your presence because I have a request. I have thought about this for some time and I believe now is the time to bring this to you. As you know, I have been adopted into the Bloodpack, and have fought and bled with them. I am now allowed to partake in the rituals I had not been before hand. I have made history becoming the first mortal to be a pack member and have also made a name for myself in my deeds for the council."

She kept her lavender eyes on him, her hands were folded one over the other in front of her against her abdomen.

"I was fortunate and honored to know your son. He taught me many things in the time we knew each other, and one of them being most important was what it was to be a pureblood. his death has impacted us all, me the most as for it has brought me to think and make this decision. My lord, you have unfairly lost your children before their time as well as your lifemate. I come before you now asking you to consider taking me as your daughter."

She could see the surprise in his eyes, and she walked forward to kneel on the steps before him. Looking on him with adoration and respect.

" I know it won't be the same, and I don't ever dream of replacing your son, I only ask this of you because I have no family, I have no one to make proud of my deeds....I can only promise you to bring you some sort of happiness and never to bring shame upon your good name."

Her head tilted forward in a bowing gesture as she let a few tears streak her cheeks. She stared at the floor hoping he would accept her offer.

Vampyre Dante
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:30:04 PM
Dante's eyebrows rose as he watched Epona dressed in a manner he had never seen before, walk down the long isle to kneel before him. He could not believe what their Darkling was asking...what she was asking of him! He shook his head slightly in surprise, her request going over and over in his mind.

He laughed softly then, amazed at this beautiful mortal coming to him at his darkest hour it seemed wanting to become his daughter.

Dante leaned forward, reaching out to place a hand softly under her chin, softly forcing her to look up and meet his own gaze.

"My child, I already think of you as one of my own." He whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "You and Redeemer both. Why do something that is not necessary, Darkling?"

He watched as the tears slid down her cheeks and he wiped them away with the back of his knuckles. He held out his hand for her to take, helping her rise from her position.

"Epona Rhi...." Dante smiled, shaking his head. "You are an amazing woman. I am proud to have you in the Bloodpack, proud to claim you as one of my own...but to turn you? Why?"

His eyes searched her's, seeking out the pain she was feeling of not having a family of her own...the aloness she could no longer take. He pulled her into his arms as he stood from the throne, hugging her to him in a tight embrace.

"Your sacrifice warms me, My Child." He whispered. "But I do not think I could do this. I do not want my troubles weighing your decision to do this."

Did the Darkling realize what she was asking of him? Dante reached up to touch her hair softly, his lips trembling.

"You would no longer enjoy the sun, Epona. You would have to do what has revulsed you the most...feed from others. Have you weighed these circumstances, My Child?"

Epona Rhi
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:42:13 PM
She stood and wrapped her arms around him in a warm hug. She rested her head on the man who she looked up to as a father. She was listening to his words and his reasons, but it slightly hurt her to feel a bit rejected.

Your sacrifice warms me, My Child." He whispered. "But I do not think I could do this. I do not want my troubles weighing your decision to do this."

She sniffled as her tears fell yet again.

"But they won't my lord......I will be your strength to see it through."

She held onto him hoping he would change his mind and not turn her away.

"You would no longer enjoy the sun, Epona. You would have to do what has revulsed you the most...feed from others. Have you weighed these circumstances, My Child?"

She looked up at him, her lavender eyes glistened within the tears that hovered there.

"I have my lord, I already live the life of a vampyre. I sleep with the pak during the daylight and run with them during the night. I haven't seen the sunlight in months and I don't really miss it. And I recently have aquired a taste for bloodwine."

Her last statement brought a smile and a laugh from her.

" I figured, since I already live as one, why not become one and be a part of something important."

Vampyre Dante
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:16:09 PM
Dante kissed the top of her forehead, laughing softly against her skin.

"You are an amazement." He repeated. He could feel the pain of rejection eminating from her and he added, " I am not rejected you, Epona. Just making sure you know what you are planning on getting yourself into."

Dante sighed and walked back to sit on the edge of the throne, his eyes taking her in as she stood there before him.

"Why do I get the feeling that the Council already knows of this and approves?" He said with a smirk, already knowing the answer as Epona looked like she was trying to keep from smiling herself.

"I cannot make this decision without thinking about it, Epona. Give me some time to think it through and I will answer you in two hours time. I hope you understand, Darkling."

Epona Rhi
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:26:49 PM
She bowed as Izabell had showed her. Her hope had not all gone, fo rhe gave her something to cling to. She smiled for him as she stayed in her bowing form.

"As you instruct my lord, I will await your call for your answer."

She stood and slowly walked backwards, turned and walked to the main doors she had come in through. She was anxious and walked to her room where upon entering, Iza was sitting on her bed and gave her an inquisiting arch of a sculpted eyebrow.

"He needs time to think, I thought he was going to reject me right then and there, I almost broke down."

The female vampire smiled and nodded as Epona laughed.

"If he is thinking about it Epona, then you have some chance to see it come true. Are you afraid?"

Epona looked at Izabell and nodded. For the first time in her life, she was definately afraid at the "unknown" on this. But at the same time, she was pumped up about the thought.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid Izabell. I'm terrified, but I want this"

Vampyre Dante
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:41:08 PM
Dante ran his hands over his tired face, suddenly laughing. It started out slow and quiet, then soon filled the great hall, echoing off the walls. It was not laughter of mockery, it was laughter of joy. The first joy he had felt since Ice passed away a few months ago.

He moved off the throne, taking a slow walk around the hall, stretching out his hand to touch the volumes of books lining the walls. He already felt Epona was his daughter, to turn her would bring them even closer, bond them for eternity. A smile appeared on his lips and he thought of Redeemer, wondering what she would think of this. He knew she was still out looking for Ice's murderer with Lord Soth...something he knew the other Bloodpackers were not happy about. Accounts were coming back that the two vampyres were getting 'friendly' with each other.

That was the way of a vampyre. Their lifemate gone, they carry on seeking a warm bed partner, a 'distraction' if you will. He did not fault her for seeking another's company, if that was at all true. He knew Redeemer had loved Ice with everything she had, but she also has needs, desires of her own that need fulfilling. Dante ran a hand through his hair, knowing he'd be seeking out his own 'distractions' soon enough. He leaned against one of the columns, his mind wheeling from Epona's request. He had to make a decision and soon.

*Two hours later*

Dante watched Izabell hurry off to gather Epona, a smile on his lips again. He found since Epona's request he had been smiling more. His decision had been made and he did not know if Epona was going to be truly happy after it was announced.

"This is your wish, Epona." He whispered, looking down as his brown hair fell around his face in a curtain. "You better be sure of this."

Epona Rhi
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:32:11 PM
She hurried down the great hall, her velvet dress billowing behind her. She had a smile on her face and as she approached the door, she straightened her dress and opened to enter.

She walked in and approached the vampire lord. She bowed as she stopped before him and then slowly looked up at him. She smiled as he looked better than she'd seen him look in the past weeks. She touched his face gently and then brought her hand down.

"You called for me my lord?"

She asked him softly. She noticed the change she took on as she was in his presence. She wasnt as short or even sarcastic as she usually was.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:42:33 PM
Dante smiled at her, moving to stand next to her.

"I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look tonight, Epona." Dante said, reaching out to stroke her hair. He walked away from her, going to look out the window at the night sky. He could feel Epona's nervousness, her anxiety to know his answer. He smiled again, slowly turning to look at her.

"Before I let you know my decision, I want to tell you how much of an honor to me that you have asked this of me. Anyone man would be proud to have you as his daughter. You are beautiful and intelligent..." Dante stopped, watching her grow a little agitated. He laughed softly and walked to face her, placing his hands on either side of her face, looking deep into her eyes.

"If you wish me your father, Epona Rhi, I will make it so. On one condition...you stay here a month's time so that I know you have taken to the turning, that you are healthy...in mind and body. Is that understood?" Dante asked, knowing mortals have been turned before and have driven themselves insane the first few weeks of turning. The connection between Epona and Redeemer without a blood exchange proved Epona to be an ideal mortal.

"It will be the only way I do it, Epona." He whispered, leaning in to kiss her cheek softly.

Epona Rhi
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:52:08 PM
"I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look tonight, Epona."

She smiled at the comment and blushed.

"Thank you my lord."

She looked down a bit embarassed at the comment but happy it was said. She watched him walk to the window and was growing impatient at getting the answer she sought. When he turned and smiled, she tried to hold back her own.

"If you wish me your father, Epona Rhi, I will make it so. On one condition...you stay here a month's time so that I know you have taken to the turning, that you are healthy...in mind and body. Is that understood?" She nodded quickly. "It will be the only way I do it, Epona."

She started to cry again and nodded quickly once more.

"I understand and will adhere to that my lor....ummm....father."

Dante Imoralia
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:59:57 PM
Dante looked at Epona, love for her expanding his heart, it felt. Hearing the Darkling, his daughter, call him 'Father' was the best thing he had heard in a long time. He reached for her, hugging her close.

"Izabell will be with us during the turning, Epona." Dante said. "I'm not going to lie to you, it will be painful for awhile, but it will be worth it. I hope you do not regret your decision."

Dante placed a kiss on her cheek and then added,

"We will do this in my home, where you will be staying after you are turned. Izabell will take you there and ready you. Do not be afraid, Epona." He whispered. "You are a welcome and loved addition to the family of Imoralia. "

Epona Rhi
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:53:04 PM
She smiled at him and embraced him once more, finally a father. She only had memories of a face she barely remembered as she was young when her parents died. Her head on his chest she closed her eyes and whispered in her people's language the word for father.

"Da"

She broke away from him and made her way to the door, turning back at him she flashed him a beautiful smile and headed out to find Izabell who would prepare her for the turning.

*HOURS LATER*

She stood there after her bath in a white gown, it wasnt elaborate as her blue velvet one, but more plain and ordinary. Izabell braided her hair and talked to her. Calming her fears of the coming event. She had butterflies in her tummy as she looked at the antique time keeper. Soon, very soon he would enter the room and then there would be no turning back.....she knew this and yet wanted it so.

" I have seen this a couple times Epona, it will be painful, but I also know you've suffered worse pain at the hands of the Descendants....this will not be as bad. You are strong, and I know you will pass with flying colors."

She smiled.

"Thank you Iza, I just wish Ree was here. I told her I didn't want her here, but I didn't mean it."

Gently squeezing the darklings shoulders Izabell smiled and soothed her turmoil.

" Shhhhh, Redeemer knows you didn't mean it Epona, she has a duty to do for her lifemate and you know that."

"Yes I know, but......I just can't see her being the way she is with that Soth. It isn't right, I would rather see her in the arms of Dorian than him. I felt the aura of this Soth and it's something I could never tolerate. She is better than that, deserves more Iza, And its too soon for her to be anything more with any man. I dont understand how she can taint his memory like that, as if he wasn't impor.."

Izabell's finger touched Epona's lips making her hush.

"Epona, Redeemer is who she is, you or I cannot change that. I know what you are saying and can see the merit in it but.....she must do what she has to, it isn't anything new that a vampyre takes a lovemate to cover up the hurt. Im sure she remembers our laws of being with a turned one....she was raised and bred with such laws and would never go against her upbringing that way. She knows that she must bring him before Fulkrehm if she so chooses this turned one. So fear not on her doing the wrong thing, She won't."

Epona nodded at her friend's words and took solace in them. She hoped her sister would remember the teachings Iza spoke of, or it could prove bad for everyone if Fulkrehm intervened and she didn't want to lose her sister.

"I trust you Iza, I shouldn't have doubt in my sister....I just worry about her and don't want to lose her."

"I know darkling, and I believe it's time. He should be here any second now."

Epona took a deep breath and stared at the door. Waiting to hear the antique knob to turn and the wooden door to open. She glanced over to Izabell who stood there and smiled, offering her support.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:26:18 AM
Dante entered the main part of Epona's bedroom, a frown upon his brow. Something was not right...he knew for some reason Epona's turning had to wait a few minutes. A gut feeling was gnawing away at him and he was usually right about these things. He heard voices in the bathroom and smiled, knocking on the door softly.

The voices stopped and he opened the door slightly to find Epona dressed in the ceremonial white gown of one to be turned. He himself was dressed in pure black to symbolize he was responsible for the passing of one life into another.

He held his hand out to Epona as he nodded at Izabell, confident the Darkmere filled her in on everything she would need to know. Dante lead the two of them into the bedroom, coming to a stop in the middle of the room with Epona's back to the door.

"Epona Rhi, it is my honor to turn you, to become your father and teach you what you need to know of your new family." Dante smiled, for-going the usual speech of turning a mortal. Epona was no ordinary mortal so she did not need the usual speech.

Dante brought her to him slowly, reaching out to move her hair from her neck as he did so. His fangs lengthened in anticipation as he leaned to her neck. He was about to pierce her skin when the doors of the bedroom flew open with a furious bang. Everyone turned to look to see Redeemer standing there, eyes white and fangs bared.

"Think I would miss this after all the times I threatened to turn you...My Sister?"

Epona Rhi
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:43:51 AM
Epona stepped back from Dante and looked at Ree who just kicked the door in. Her lavender eyes wide in shock of the move and at her being there. Then a smile slowly showed and she ran to her tears filling her eyes and hugged the taller vampyre.

"REE!!! Im sorry! I didn't mean to say those things to you.....please forgive me."

She cried as she held her tight. Silently thanking what ever gods had done this for her. She kept apologizing over and over. She looked up at her and smiled.

"I wanted to surprise you with this news but......

She lost the smile and looked down as she remembered her words of anger to Redeemer. Words that hurt and she couldn't take back. But she did show up and was here for her regardless of the "moment" they had on Roon. At the sound of Dante, she smiled and backed away from Ree. Walking over to Dante she stood before him.

"I'm ready."

She glanced over at Ree and smiled as the time had come.

Redeemer
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:53:48 AM
Redeemer watched her sister walk back towards Dante and their eyes met, Redeemer bowed her head to him in respect and walked to Izabell's side while sending to Epona,

'Start censuring your thoughts, Darkling. I know what you said about Soth and myself. Do not worry, I am not angry. I wish you a safe passage to the other side, Epona Rhi.'

She felt Dante's eyes upon her and she looked at him expectantly.

"I have to return once she comes out of it, but I had to be here for my sister." She whispered softly.

Redeemer could not take her eyes off Epona. After all this time, all her goading about turning her, she as doing it for Dante. She bit a quivering lip with one fang as she closed her eyes for a brief moment to gather herself. This one unselfish act of Epona's, she just could not get over. Dante needed Epona as much as she needed him. She could not feel jealousy for her sister over this. She knew Dante loved her like his own and she took pride in that.

Dante signaled he was ready and the room grew silent. Redeemer wished she could send Epona strength to help her through this, but a mortal needed her own strength and determination to get through the turning alone. She knew her sister had it in her.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:59:42 AM
Dante could not believe it when Redeemer burst through the door that way. He had to laugh silently at her boldness. That was Redeemer!

He called Epona to him after their reunion and she resumed her place in his arms and he looked down upon, asking her one last time.

"You are sure of this, Darkling?"

The look in her eyes told him what he needed to know and he lowered his head to her neck, his fangs quickly piercing her skin. He felt Epona stiffen in his arms and heard her soft cry as she clutched at his shoulders. Soon, he felt her relax and wrapped his arms tightly around her as she fell against him as he drank.

Taking the amount that was needed, Dante quickly picked her up in his arms and placed her on her bed. His eyes connected with Redeemer's momentarily to find her eyes shedding crimson tears. He smiled tenderly at her as he brought his wrist up to his fangs and cut it open. Blood began to drip instantly and he quickly held his wrist to Epona's moth, urging her to drink.

"Epona, my daughter, drink the gift of life, become an Imoralia in mind, body and spirit." He whispered to her.

Epona Rhi
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:08:06 AM
She slightly trembled as he lowered his head to her neck, she almost pushed him away at the last second but held firm in her decision. Thats when she felt the initial pain and her hands grasped his shoulders tightly as she caught the cry in her throat, she whimpered as she felt woozy, her lavender eyes wide and then slowly closed....a smile crept on her lips as she felt like she was falling.

' Reeeee...'

The name echoed in her mind as her world went black and she fell through the abyss. her body going limp in his arms.

*Minutes later*

She felt the pull and gave in to the grasping force. She felt like her body was on fire, and then she could taste the coppery substance on her tongue. Her eyes flew open and they were now orange instead of the lavender, She drank from him what he offered, hands coming up to hold him to her and then she fell back against the pillows, blood streaked her cheeks and her eyes with their new color were partially closed.

Tossing back and forth in the bed, her head canted in a way Ree could now see her face, her orange eyes opened slightly to pierce her green ones and then they closed again. She slowly stopped her moving around and seemed to relax and her eyes closed as she once more went limp.

Redeemer
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:05:14 AM
Redeemer watched in horror what her sister had to go through, memories of when she turned her best friend and what happened afterwards coming back to haunt her. She knew Epona was strong enough mentally to handle the turn, but she could not get over the fear that something would go wrong. She would not relax until the first month was over with.

As Epona collapsed against the bed, Redeemer rushed to her side, climbing next to her to wrap her arms around Epona, whispering softly in her ear words of encouragement. She looked at Dante, amazed in the change in his appearance. He was more relaxed than she had ever seen him. She smiled softly at him, then nodded at Izabell as she moved to lay her head next to Epona's, closing her eyes as she stroked her hair.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:20:53 PM
Dante touched his daughter's cheek and did not wipe away the tear that fell down his cheek as he watched her lay in his other daughter's arms, her body just beginning the turning.

"It is going to be a rough night for her." Dante spoke softly, looking to Redeemer. She nodded in response to him and watched as he knelt down beside the bed.

Epona's body began to twitch and Redeemer held her tighter to her, whispering softly as the Darkling began the roughest stages of the turning, the stage that would last through the night and into the following night when she would wake as one of them.

Dante looked at the blonde vampyre, tempted to tell her to go back to Soth, to finish her mission, but he knew better of it. She would stay until Epona opened her eyes as an Imoralia. His eyes twinkled as he lifted an eyebrow her way.

"You know, I could make you an Imoralia officially as well."

He watched as Redeemer lifted her head to look at him in amusement.

"Your son had already done that for you...Father." Redeemer whispered fondly.

Dante laughed softly, leaning over to kiss both his daughter's cheeks then reached for an over sized chair to sit in until Epona awoke. He felt Izabell hovering and turned to look at her.

"You may leave if you wish, Iz." He said. "She is in good hands."

Epona Rhi
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:58:15 PM
The whispering voice seemed to sooth her in the darkness. It's siren call lulling her burning body. Her head was slowly turning side to side and she was gripping at the seets tightly. Her legs were moving as well, She wanted to cry out, and scream but she was locked in this fight. If she gave in to the pain it would kill her. Indeed this was a painful ordeal, but her torture at the hands of the Decendants topped it all...she would pass this trial of life, she would live up to her reputation of stubborness. Never giving in, always defying.... she would win.

And that moment it hit hard, her body arched and her arms and legs stiffened in contraction ....her head tilted back and fangs showed. Her eyes clamped tight as she gasped loudly, all the while her hands had a death grip on the sheets.

" AHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!"

She could feel arms hold her tighter and the voice try to calm her, but her body wouldnt listen. She growled as she fought off the new fit of pain and then collapsed as it subsided. Her head slowly falling to face the voice she tried to hold onto through this. Redeemer kept whispering to her and Epona's eyes slowly opened. Orange irises stared back through half open lids and a smile showed partially on her now porcelin colored skin. Her face slacked and the smile disappeared as she let herself be enveloped in black as unconsciousness wrapped itself around her.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 5th, 2003, 02:56:45 PM
Dante awoke with a start, sitting up in his chair where he kept a vigil at Epona's bedside. His inner senses where telling him that daylight had passed and it was now the night in which Epona would wake truly as one of them. He rubbed his eyes, then looked at her, smiling when she looked pale and beautiful sleeping peacefully next to Redeemer.

Redeemer must have sensed him and opened her eyes to connect with his. She smiled at him as he moved to sit on the bed next to them.

"It is time to wake our Darkling." Dante said as Redeemer sat up, straightening her hair.

Dante leaned down, placing a kiss on Epona's forehead before moving to her ear to whisper words of encouragement to open her eyes and walk among her kind.

"A whole new world awaits you, My Daughter." Dante smiled. "Awake and walk amongst your family now."

Epona Rhi
Oct 5th, 2003, 03:41:10 PM
She heard another voice, one beckoning her to wake. She felt like she was swimming to the surface of a lake as she fought to open her eyes. Slowly her eyes opened, and she blinked several times before turning her head to look at the face hovering near her. Her eyes were back to their lavender and it seemed to jump out more that her skin was now pale like the snow. Her features had changed slightly....she took on a more angelic look, and her hair seemed more soft and silken. She lifted her hand slowly to touch his face and then brought it back to her tummy. She looked at Redeemer who stood with a 'proud ' expression on her visage, another smile graced Epona's face.

"I.....I passed the most crucial part of it ......didn't I"

She asked as she layed there,gathering her wits about her. A hand was held out to her and she took it. She was helped to sit up and her raven black hair fell loosely and perfectly around her shoulders, the sides framing her face. She leaned over and rested her head on Dante's shoulder, her eyes closing for a bit then opening again to look at Ree. She stood up and walked to her sister and embraced her. She was now one of them, in every way. She looked up at the taller vampire and smiled, her new fangs just barely longer than the other teeth could be seen.

"What do you think Ree?"

Redeemer
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:11:09 PM
"I think you should have done this a long time ago, Sister." Redeemer laughed, then sombered. "I knew you would make a great vampyre, Epona. You will honor the Imoralia name. You will make Dante proud."

She hugged Epona to her tightly, not wanting to let her go, but she knew she needed to get back to Soth and conclude their mission. Redeemer pulled away from Epona and looked into her eyes.

"I must go now, Epona. I had to stay and see you wake as one of us." She saw Epona was about to argue when Redeemer shook her head. "Please Epona, no arguments. This time is for you and Dante only. We will have plenty of time when I get back. For now, show our father what kind of daughter you can be to him. The two of you need each other more than you realize."

Redeemer hugged her one last time before turning to walk to Dante who grabbed her into a bear hug, eliciting a squeal from her as she hugged him back.

"The next time you see me, Father, I will have a 'gift' for you." Redeemer whispered to him. Dante nodded, knowing exactly what she was talking about. She walked to the door, opening it and before she stepped out, she turned back to Epona with a mischevious grin on her face.

"If you were curious to know how I found out about this...you may be able to hide things from me, Sister...but Dorian is not." She winked at Epona and laughed, the soft, melodic sound echoing through the room and the halls as she left.

Epona Rhi
Oct 5th, 2003, 07:15:25 PM
She watched him as he sat and thought, in an oversized chair as the small fire in the hearth burned. She picked up the small glass of bloodwine and walked over to him. Handing Dante the glass, Epona sat down on the floor next to him and crossed her arms on his lap, resting her chin on them.

"What are you thinking of Da?"

She asked him using her people's name for father. Her purple gown had rested itself in a semi circle around her bent legs. Her hair was in a ponytail and held there by a silver clip. He had been silent for at least two hours and she wondered why. She waited as he sipped from the glass and looked down at her.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 5th, 2003, 07:28:01 PM
Dante turned his eyes towards Epona and smiled. He took a sip of the blood wine she handed to him and then placed it on the table next to him. He reached down with one hand and stroked her hair. He spoke of Kariss' way of honoring Ice and how much it had touched him. Even though Kariss did not know his son for very long, it touched him so deeply that she would do such a thing for him. His eyes had drifted to the fire and then back to her.

"I have been blessed, my daughter." He sighed, leaning back in the chair. "Through all the pain I have been dealt, I have been blessed twice over. Kariss and her son and now you, Epona. What did I do to deserve such kindness from two very beautiful women?"

Dante's thoughts went to his lifemate, ex-lifemate Myriad and he let out a sigh. The past few months with her were hell in it's own right. He was denied anything emotional or physical from her and Dante was beginning to feel the affects of it. He sighed again, shaking his head. He looked at Epona, who was watching him wisely and she probably knew what he was thinking, much to his chagrin. Trying to change the subject, he asked,

"So, how are feeling, Epona? Are you getting accustomed to all the changes you have been dealt?"

Epona Rhi
Oct 5th, 2003, 07:42:59 PM
She nodded while keeping her chin on her arms. A little smirk appeared on her lips as she caught what he was thinking. She didn't want to embarass him so she tried to shut it out. Although the smirk might have given it away to him that she knew.

" You are just deserving after so many sacrifices. Like I am....."

She smiled as he reached down and smoothed her hair.

"I am doing fine, and yes I am getting very accustomed to my changes. Is there anything you need da?"

Dante Imoralia
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:15:06 PM
He smiled at her, thoroughly enjoying this time they were spending together. Dante suddenly stood, reaching for her as he did so.

"Walk with me, Epona." He said, "Let's take a walk through the gardens. Look upon the night with your new eyes, take in everything with your new senses."

Dante placed her hand through his arm and they walked side by side through the doors that lead out into the beautifully taken care of gardens that surrounded his home. He pointed to the ancient building telling her that was where she had his audience with him.

"We are a close community inside these gates." Dante said, his voice low and soft. "We take care of each other as you will find out the time you are here healing. This will always be your home, Epona. You are welcome to come and go as you please."

Dante smiled down at her, watching as the light from the moon bounced off her dark hair, illuminating her pale features. Her violet eyes seemed to glow with happiness and he was thrilled that he was part of the reason why she was so happy.

Epona Rhi
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:18:04 AM
Her free hand rested against the arm her other hand was holding the crook of. She took in everything he said, and showed. This had been her home for the months she spent with the Pack when they returned from their missions. No she was apart of it in every aspect. Her senses were more attuned to the surroundings. She nodded as he spoke, looking closely at him.

"I may not leave on my own for awhile yet Da. Even after the month is up. That is if I don't make you tired of me by then."

She joked with him. She knew he would never get tired of her, but it didn't stop her from saying it. She looked at her hands, and marvelled at how the moonlight seemed to glow on it.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 11th, 2003, 05:28:18 PM
Dante laughed happily, bringing Epona into his arms and hugging her.

"I have a feeling I will never tire of you, Epona." Dante said, placing a kiss on her forehead. His expression changed as he looked at her, noting the paleness of her skin. "My child, I think it is time for your first feeding. Do you think you are ready?"

His worried eyes took in her porcelain skin and brushed her hair back away from her face.

"Come, this is something you must learn right away."

Epona Rhi
Oct 11th, 2003, 05:51:11 PM
She smiled up at him as he hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"My child, I think it is time for your first feeding. Do you think you are ready?"

She bit her bottom lip and then smiled once more with a nod.

"Yes, I am ready."

"Come, this is something you must learn right away."

She followed him closely, looking a bit unsure, but knowing it must be done. She wondered if it tasted like the bloodwine she grew to like.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 13th, 2003, 08:14:27 AM
They walked through the city streets together, cloaks covering their forms as Dante filled her in on the 'victim' she would chose. As Epona ran with the Bloodpack, she knew what type of victims they chose to feed from.

He spotted a thieving pair and pointed quietly to them. Epona nodded and they moved as one, following them down an alley. The two thieves turned around and Dante removed the hood of his cloak, his red eyes penetrating one of them, holding him in place. He felt Epona working her magic on the other one and a smile of pride appeared on his face before he could stop it. The thief tried to call out in terror, but Dante's hand snaked out quickly, wrapping around his throat to silence him. He lifted him a foot off the ground for a moment before pulling him down. Dante's fangs lengthened just as he sank them into the thief's neck.

Dante drank his fill, letting go of the body as it dropped to the ground. He knelt down and broke his neck, ending his suffering quickly. Looking up from that position to Epona, he smiled, wiping the blood away from the corner of his mouth.

"Feed, My Daughter." He whispered, bringing a hand up to wave at her thief who she held frozen with her eyes. "Drink until you are satiated and then end the miserable man's agony as you break his neck."

Dante stood to his full six feet and walked to her, placing a kiss on her cheek. He smiled, moving to lean against the wall to watch Epona.

Epona Rhi
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:05:41 AM
She moved upon the man, pushing him back against a wall. Her fangs showed and her orange eyes glowed eerily as she bit into him. Her body jerked as she almost threw the blood back up, her eyes closed tightly as she fought the sensation down and drank. It wasn't as bad as she thought, coppery yet sweet like the bloodwine. Only thing she had to get used to was it was warm. Upon getting her fill, she moved back and watched the man for a few seconds......then her hand twisted quickly and ended his life.

She wiped the excess blood from her face and walked over to him. Embracing Dante she looked back over at the lifeless form and smiled.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 13th, 2003, 11:00:02 AM
"Excellent, Epona. You did well." Dante smiled, hugging her to him. "Let us walk the night, I do not feel like going back to the house yet."

Dante took her arm and wrapped it through his as they walked the city streets together. He was content to watch Epona as she looked upon everything with her new eyes. If only Redeemer had been with them. He knew the two of them loved each other more than life itself and he was indeed lucky to have them considered family.

Redeemer's mission to bring Ice's murder to justice weighed heavily on both her and Dante's mind. Part of him was afraid she would go over the edge and completely lose herself...lose what the Bloodpack meant to her. Ice had meant so much to her, she was not dealing with that pain at all. He knew the moment she shut off all feelings and it ripped him apart to know he could not help her, especially when she looked upon him and saw Ice. He could see the pain, the memories in her eyes each time.

Dante turned towards Epona and smiled lovingly at her. He hoped he would never have to deal with the pain of Epona losing her heart to someone only to have it torn apart. He drew her closer, placing a kiss on her temple.

Epona Rhi
Oct 15th, 2003, 11:30:18 AM
Her eyes roamed the surroundings, taking in the beauty of Khar Sian in a new way. Since her turning, Epona's bond with Redeemer had grown, but lately she couldnt feel her sister. And that bothered her. Already she was on edge because of the Roon vampyre she flirted with. Now this disconnection....bothered her even more.

" Funny, how someone's death can affect all who knew them. Some for the better..." She looked at him speaking for herself. "....others for the worse." She looked away that last part speaking of her sister.

She moved away from Dante and stood alone with her arms to her side, hands balled into fists. A trait she still kept from her former self. Her eyes glowing brightly against the pale skin of her face, her hair whipping with the wind, some strands going across her face.

" I feel her changing, and with it I feel a loss.......my sister isn't my sister anymore."

Dante Imoralia
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:10:58 PM
Dante watched her quietly for a moment, letting her get her frustration out. He walked up behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Epona, you know Redeemer. She deals with things in her own way. She has always been like that." Placing a kiss on the back of her head, he gently moved her to a bench near by and sat down with her. "Epona, if she is changing, we cannot stop her. The only thing we can do is go after her if she decides to cross that line, which I know she is close to, but she is smart, Epona. She's hurting badly right now and dealing with it in the only way she knows how...and that's by shutting everyone else out until she brings my son's killer to justice."

Dante looked away for a moment, trying to reach his other daughter, but as usual, her mental blocks were up. Not even her mortal slave, Dorian, could reach her. He had to admit that this 'thing' going on with Lord Soth was quite disturbing to him, but he would not judge anything until she was back amongst her family.

'Come back to us, My Daughter.' He sent out to her, hoping against hope that she would hear him.

Epona Rhi
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:40:40 PM
She understood all what he said. She knew Ree had pain to deal with, and she knew she did things her own way. But why with him? Why not anyone else? Turning to look at him as her cheeks were now wet with fallen tears.

"I can't sit by idly as she goes through this..... If she is having a hard time then she should come to me.......to us. I know what I say sounds selfish, but I won't lose her.....not to him!"

Her last words came out harder and louder than she wanted it too. And she looked at Dante with surprise at it. Immediately she rested her head on his lap.

"I'm sorry......I didn't mean to be disrespectful Da."

Dante Imoralia
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:58:22 PM
"Never apologize for your feelings, Epona." Dante smiled, stroking her hair. "That is what I love about you...your passion, you are not afraid to express it."

Dante watched her for a moment and then sighed.

"Epona, Redeemer is her own person. We cannot tell her who to spend her private time with. If she wants to cavort with this Soth vampyre, then she is allowed to do it. But if it is something serious between them, which I highly doubt it is, then it will be brought upon the Council of Nine to consider it, like we did Kariss.
Do not stress about it, Epona. Let your sister get this out of her system and come back to us when she is ready."

He looked up into the night sky for a moment before admitting,

"Before I even thought that Redeemer and my son would make a good match, I had always thought she and Quinlin would have been something...that was before Redeemer and Ice started to hang out together and spend time alone with each other. Then I knew it was destined to be between them. It is a shame those 50 years were wasted that he hid in shame from her." Dante looked at Epona, knowing she knew what he spoke of. "To take from another of your kind without permission is unspeakable and he did that to save his life and bound the two of them together for eternity."

A small smile lit his face as he remembered her fury at Ice for many years to come.

"Redeemer was livid after that, but I knew deep down that she wished him near, to try and work things out. I know he did not make the greatest impression on you, either, Epona." Dante laughed.

Epona Rhi
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:10:10 PM
She sat up and looked at Dante with disgust.

"Cavort? But he's filthy.....and until this peace accord is signed by the council, isn't he the enemy??"

Her eyes hardened.

"And until that time Da, he will remain so!"

It was at that point that Dante mentioned Ice and how she had a time accepting him. Her eyes softened and had a hurtful look to them.

"Yes.....At first I hated him for what he had done. I was such a bitch to him. And yet, ,he was the one who taught me the most about the pack and my family. I miss him Da."

She looked down and wiped her eyes again, then looked back up at him.

"You said you thought her and Quinlin would be good..... I been wondering why he hasnt had a lifemate destined for him yet? Why is that Da? Is he one of those destined to be solitary? I've read about that in the great library, only thing it's sad that the family lines wont be carried on."

Dante Imoralia
Oct 16th, 2003, 07:36:31 AM
"Filthy? Epona, I am going to say something and then I do not want to hear anymore about this Lord Soth tonight." Dante said, watching as Epona opened her mouth to argue, but he quickly silenced her. "You call him filthy because he is a turned one, do not forget...you are a turned one as well, my Daughter."

Dante raised an eyebrow in her direction and then thought of Quinlin Torr. His voice soft, he began to recall Quinlin's history to Epona.

"Quin had always been the strong one, so vibrant, so happy. He had fallen in love with a turned one. He would have done anything for Sabina and she him. They loved each other more than words could say. Knowing it was forbidden between them, they tried to keep it secret, but there was just no way. People knew, gossip started and before long, Fulkrehm and I were on our way to see Sabina."

"The tests." Epona stated matter of factly.

"Yes." Dante sighed, reaching up to run his hands through his hair. "The tests are never the same with each turned one. Sabina failed her's, but their love for each other, it was evident. I would have been happy to let them live their lives out quietly if Quinlin would have stepped down from the Bloodpack, but that was not the rule. Sabina had to be put to death."

Dante got up from the bench, crossing his arms infront of his chest. He thought of that time, the silent rage going on within Quinlin as the verdict was announced.

"He has not been the same ever since. The 'spark' inside him has died and I wish to see him happy again, to have someone put that smile back on his face, but I doubt it will ever happen." Dante said, looking up to the full moon lighting the dark night.

Epona Rhi
Oct 16th, 2003, 09:28:20 AM
She felt like crawling under a rock at his remark. She knew what she was, what her status meant to these people. She was a turned one herself, but not like that Lord Soth. She stared at her hands not looking up after that. Then Dante talked of the tests and Quin, no wonder he was the way he was. Poor guy, she noticed before his demeanor around Fulkrehm. Always doing what was told but with a hint of hatred behind his feelings. Couldnt blame him.

" I see....well that is sad. "

She said as she kept staring at her hands.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:04:36 AM
"When Kariss was accepted by Fulkrehm, Quinlin took it hard." Dante said, walking back to Epona to take her hands in his. "I know Quinlin has no ill feelings towards you. He protects you like our own, like we all should. In fact, I am actually surprised he has not made his way here to see how you are doing."

Dante smiled and then stood up, bringing her with him.

"Come on, that is enough sad talk for one evening." He declared.

Epona Rhi
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:37:55 AM
They walked for a while, she quiet and sullen. Those words still ringing in her head.

"You call him filthy because he is a turned one, do not forget...you are a turned one as well, my Daughter."

If that were true, then why was she allowed to go through the "turning"? If that were true, what kind of chance would she be giving Dante at seeing his name carried on? Who would want her if she were "filth"? And if she decided to become partnered with one of the male purebloods, would she have to go through that testing also?

All those things played in her mind as she walked alongside Dante. And maybe thats why Quin hadn't come by yet, because she was now a turned one....what he called a Mogur. He was more talkative and had a good relationship with her when she was a mortal, seemed they had good interactions with mortals than with those brought over.

She kept silent as they made their way back.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:43:15 AM
Dante took a side ways glance at Epona, her thoughts echoing loudly in his ears. He stopped walking, haulting her as well as he turned her around to face him.

"Epona, being a turned one in the family of Imoralia is an honor. The Council does not think of you as 'filfth', as you have so put it. You have proven to them, to me, that you should be thought highly of. We knew you were different, something to watch when Redeemer befriended you. Why, the connection between the two of you without any blood exchange made us keep a close eye on you. You are very special, Epona Imoralia." Dante smiled, using her new last name for the first time. "No tests will wait for you, Epona. You ARE Khar Sian vampyre through and through."

Dante hugged her to him, holding her comfortingly.

"Do not worry why Quinlin has not showed, it is unnecessary. You will see, being an Imoralia will bring you great honor." He winked at her, smiling happily.

Epona Rhi
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:36:38 AM
She nodded, feeling unsure of herself. Maybe thats why she needed this month, because all this.....was making her insecure and second guessing. She hugged him back.

"Its.....it's not that I think of myself that......I took your words out of context earlier."

She looked up at Dante.

"And I know you said no more talk of Soth, but....I didn't call him filthy because he is turned Da, I called him that because I felt him....I stood next to him.....you don't know what I'm talking about till you do.....something about him makes him so....so....... She smiled at his look he was giving her. "Alright...I'll shut up before you get rid of me before my month is up."

Dante Imoralia
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:15:22 AM
Dante placed a finger on Epona's mouth, softly shutting her up as he looked at her.

"Daughter, I know what you mean about Soth." He smiled. "You are going to go through a lot this first month. You've got a lot of things to adjust to. Just remember, if you ever have doubts about your place amongst us...do not. You would not have been welcomed here, would not have been turned if anyone did not want it."

Dante pulled her into his arms again, holding her as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You are pureblood to me, Epona. Do not ever forget that." He whispered emotionally. "The only thing I want is to have you and Redeemer, my two beautiful daughters, at my side."

'And maybe someone to love again....' Dante added to himself as he and Epona made their way back into their home.

Epona Rhi
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:54:51 AM
Later that evening she found herself outside and alone wandering the grounds again. Her arms around her body to keep the chill from her. She was in a white gauzy sleep dress similar to the one she used when she was turned. Walking around to ease her head about Ree, she worried about her and wished her sister was there to sit and talk. She missed thier conversations.

She stopped by the bench she and Dante shared earlier, and watched the moon of Khar Sian. Her hair clucng to her face as the wind playfully draped it across her face. Brushing the dark strands from her face, her eyes glowed as she sent a silent prayer to Ree to come back safely.

Dorian Gray
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:32:16 AM
Dorian walked the stone walk way, his head down and arms wrapped around himself, his mind on Redeemer. He had not been able to reach her since leaving her behind on Roon with that...that vampyre who obviously wanted more from Redeemer than to help her. What bothered him the most was he could tell that the feelings were mutual.

He puffed one last time on his cigarette and then dropped it on the ground, putting it out with his foot. Exhaling slowly, he continued to walk on, his jealousy fueling his temper as he thought that her feelings of, well...lust...should be turned towards him and not that Soth fellow. He loved Redeemer, Soth did not. Frell, if she wanted nothing but a physical relationship without feelings, he could give that to her.

'It is because you are not like them.' Dorian thought to himself.

Dorian bent to pick up a rock at his feet and threw it angrily into the pond across the grassway from him. He let out a sigh of agrivation and continued to walk until he came upon Epona, standing in the moonlight with her face turned up to the sky, her eyes closed.

He smiled. He did not know how, but Epona was even more beautiful now that she was turned. He had relaxed when he heard her turning had been successful and now wanted to see how she was doing.

"You look beautiful, Epona." Dorian said softly, coming up to stand near her. "It is nice to see you doing so well."

Epona Rhi
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:13:30 PM
"You look beautiful, Epona."

Her eyes opened and she turned to face him.

"It is nice to see you doing so well."

She smiled at Dorian and padded barefoot over to him. She hugged him tightly.

"Mmmmm thank you...... Nice to see you too. Finally I get someone to visit me."

She said with a tilt of her head, which made her hair frame perfectly around her face. Her lavender eyes glowing eerily. She took his hand and walked them back to the bench and sat down with him.

"You look troubled Dorian, what's wrong?"

Dorian Gray
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:53:36 AM
Dorian shrugged his shoulders, motioning for her to sit down on the stone bench. He sat, letting out a deep breath. He reached for another cigarette, but decided against it. He never smoked in the presence of women and would not start now.

"I don't know, Ep." He murmured. "I am worried about Redeemer, like everyone else is, except no one seems to express it openly."

Dorian looked over the grass, his mind reeling for the one millionth time.

"Yeah, I'm jealous of Soth, but that is not what I am worried about. I'm just worried she will not be coming back at all...that this mission is too much for her...that she will end up like Ice." Dorian finally admitted his deepest fear and hung his head down, feeling his eyes well with tears. He quickly wiped them away before Epona could see them and turned his head to look away from her.

"I know everyone is upset that she is with Soth right now, frell, I'm jealous as a scorned lover, but I have no reason to be. I'm more worried about her safety than her sleeping with the vampyre." Dorian glanced back at Epona, concern showing in her eyes. He had never said it to anyone in the Pack before, although they all knew. "I love her, Ep. I want her back amongst us alive."

Epona Rhi
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:03:52 AM
"I am worried about Redeemer, like everyone else is, except no one seems to express it openly."

She snickered when he said this and she held a hand up to halt any remarks he may make towards it.

"No Dorian, I am not laughing at you....It's just what you just said, You really haven't been around me recently have you? I have been very open of my feelings towards them two. You aren't the only one."

She looked at him as he continued and placed a hand on his shoulder. She understood his pain, she understood it all.

"You have every right to feel the way you do. It's not just the wanting her back alive Dorian, I want her back alive more than anything, But I'm raised on a warrior's way of thinking, and if she dies, I hope she does with honor. My whole thing with it is Soth, I have "felt" him, I felt him before I was turned.....and I don't like it, never will. That's why I have been so admant about it where he is concerned. But it doesn't matter to anyone what I think. Not to her, not to anyone."

She fiddled with her thumbs as she sat there with him. Both of them talking out thier feelings as it seemed they were the only ones who really cared how each other felt, and in truth, maybe just a little....they were.

"I know you love her Dorian, I could see that when I was a mortal too. She's lucky.....or should count herself lucky. I have no one at the moment. I know I'm still undergoing my first month, but I had no one before my turning, and dont know how long after will it be before I do, or even if I ever will.... But she does."

She offered a small smile.

"I guess it will all work out in the end right? If not, then I guess my special "charm" will show itself yet again."

Dorian Gray
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:18:10 AM
Dorian looked at her, soaking in her words. They were two peas in a pod, that was for sure. Two unlikely comrades. He placed a brotherly arm around her shoulder, bringing her into the crook of his arm and placed his cheek against the top of her head.

"Here all this time I thought you did not like me very much." He grinned, his dimples showing. "I know how you feel towards everything, Epona. I could tell you were not happy about the situation back on Roon. But if it is what she has to do, then so be it. We can only hope she's ok. I just wish she did not block us out. I need to know she's all right."

Dorian sighed, looking up into the night sky.

"Epona, you will not be alone for very long. You are beautiful, strong and intelligent. Any of these vampyres would be lucky to have you as their mate." Dorian said with a kiss to her temple.
He had a feeling this was the beginning of a solid friendship between the two of them.

He hoped, at least.

Epona Rhi
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:53:34 AM
She giggled with the compliment to her, then turned her lavender eyes to him.

"Ahhhh but the question is Dorian......who will be the one, if any, to take up the challenge to tame me."

She rested her head on his shoulder as she smiled trying to think if any of them woiuld want to take that task on.

Dorian Gray
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:12:18 AM
"What guy can refuse such a challenge, Darkling? Mortal or Immortal?" Dorian laughed. He looked at her for a moment and then said, "You are lucky, Epona, to be welcomed like you have been into Dante's family. Ice would be proud as well, I know it."

He thought of Ice for a moment, his rival when he was alive. He knew he stood no chance with Redeemer with Ice was around, but he had never wished him dead. Anyone who knew them could tell those two were meant for each other.

Dorian remembered Redeemer's favor she asked of him, to watch over Ice's house while she was away and he figured he should go back there sooner or later to check on Royce and also to see if Ice's body had been disturbed in any way in Redeemer's 'tomb' she made for him, though he could not see how. It was protected in a mystical way, no one could get in there.

"Shall I escort you back to Dante's?" Dorian asked. "I would like to see how he is doing, as well."

Epona Rhi
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:21:34 AM
She looked at him and her eyes softened a bit. And she touched his cheek.

"*tsk*... Dorian, you need time to prove yourself as I did, I wasn't allowed to do alot of things with them before. But I proved myself to them.....you can too....then everything will be right as rain....you'll see."

She looked back to the large mansion type house she was now living in.

"yes, I'm supposed you're right....I should get back in....Da wont take kindly to his new daughter being alone with you."

She laughed at his expression and stood up holding her hand out to him.

Dorian Gray
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:28:20 AM
Dorian playfully grimaced at her, then stood to help her up. She placed her cool hand in his and he smiled at her as the slowly made their way back to the mansion.

"Prove myself, huh? I think I have already begun that when Dante ordered Redeemer to bond me to her for life!" Dorian laughed softly, the violent reaction from Ice will always stick in his mind from that night many, many months ago.

"Dante would be wise not to trust any man with such a beauty as a daughter." Dorian replied softly, placing her hand in the crook of his arm. "Besides, he knows he has nothing to fear from me. He should realize that I'm the safest one to be around right now. Although you are gorgeous as sin with eyes to die for, my heart belongs to another."

Dorian, always the over actor, placed a hand over his heart and hung his head down low in mock anguish over his love for Redeemer. He looked up sideways at Epona to see if she was laughing or not and smiled himself when he saw her laughing eyes.

Epona Rhi
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:41:01 AM
She playfully hit his shoulder, then feigned a scowl. Like him all in play.

"Mmmm, now I'm really jealous."

She then had a mischievous smirk appear as she looked forward, just enough so he could get a glimpse of the little curl of her lip.

"Maybe I will have a talk with Da about keeping you."

Dorian Gray
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:53:18 AM
Dorian threw his head back and laughed heartily at Epona.

"Oh, please do put in a kind word for me, will you Miss Rhi?" Dorian grinned as they stepped up to the front door. It opened suddenly to find Dante's man servent, Aaron, at the threshold looking quite annoyed with him, but happy to see Epona.

"Miss Imoralia, glad you are back home. The Master is in his study if you wish to see him." He drawled, taking a sideways glance at Dorian.

Dorian raised his eyebrow at the old man and bit his cheek to keep from saying anything. He would show no disrespect for any of the Clan and their kind.

Epona Rhi
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:11:06 PM
"Ohh you know I will Dorian."

She laughed with him, just then the door opened and she smield at Aaron.

"Thank you Aaron, and yes Dorian and I will see my father, just for a quick visit."

She smiled and touched Aaron;s cheek to let him know it was ok that Dorian visited with Dante, that it wasn;t quite the disruption he would think it was. Then with a big, toothy smile, she grabbed Dorian's hand and pulled.

"Come on Dorian, lets go say hi to daddy."

Dante Imoralia
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:38:11 PM
Dante sat in his study at his desk, his mind on his daughters, as usual, as he was leafing through some ancient text books he had gathered over the last hundred years or so.

Dante looked up when he heard both male and female laughter echoing in the hallways. He recognized Epona's, but the other...his eyebrows furrowed and watched the door carefully as Epona walked through. She smiled at him and his eyes went to her hand joined with Dorian's.

"Epona, I'm glad you are home." Dante stand, coming to stand to his full height of six feet.

He came out from behind the desk as she released Dorian's hand and hugged him. The look she was sending to him was one of 'there's nothing going on' and Dante had to laugh. He knew of Dorian's feelings for Redeemer and could not blame the mortal for it. Dorian was a good man, very protective of the Pack and their home. Dante would definately keep an eye on the mortal and Redeemer, maybe one day...

With one hand, he extended it to him and gave him a genuine smile.

"Good to see you, Dorian. Come to check on Epona?" Dante asked, kissing the top of Epona's raven hair.

Dorian Gray
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:49:54 PM
Dorian felt as if Dante had been sizing him up as soon as he saw him enter with Epona, but the smile he had given him made him give a silent sigh of relief. He was normally not scared of anyone, but there was something about Dante...his quiet demeanor that made Dorian a little uneasy around the ancient vampyre. Or maybe it was just the fact that he was completely in love with his 'daughter' and he knew it that made him a little on edge. Frell, he did not know.

Dorian shook the hand that Dante offered and smiled back at him.

"Yes, I wanted to see how she was doing." Dorian answered him, smiling at Epona. "Being a vampyre agrees with her."

Epona Rhi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:32:39 AM
She laughed at his comment, it did seem to fit her. She had grown in her attitude as well as beauty. She moved from Dante's side and sat in one of his extra chairs, readjusting her sleep gown as she curled her legs under her. Her sister was lucky to have the two men love her they way Ice and Dorian did. She was witness to Ice's outburst at times and wondered what it'd be like to have someone fight over her like that.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 22nd, 2003, 07:53:43 AM
Dante turned a raised eyebrow in the direction of his daughter, her thoughts loud and clear. When she realized he had heard them, he saw her blush a little and he smiled.

'Believe me, my Child, you will have men fighting over you and dropping to their feet once you are through your month here...maybe sooner. Dante sent to her, remembering the way she and Dominik reacted to each other earlier in the Great Hall.

Turning his attention back to the mortal Dorian, he motioned for him to sit next to Epona as he moved to sit on the edge of his desk.

"Yes, she does seem to thrive even more as a child of the night." Dante grinned at her, his red eyes showing his love for her. He was liking Epona's new attitude. She was more comfortable in being an Immortal than she was being mortal. That brought another smile to his face. He noticed the covert looks happening between Epona and Dorian and knew something was up.

"Ok, what gives?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest, looking directly at Epona. "You two planning something behind my back?"

Epona Rhi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:55:14 AM
She laughed and shook her head at Dante. Then held her hand up to him as she quieted down.

"Noooo Da, Nothing is being planned here. It's just we had a playful little banter outside, and I told Dorian I'd talk to you about keeping him."

She laughed again and wiped her eyes.

Dorian Gray
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:02:22 AM
Dorian could not help but laugh at the look on the ancient vampyre's face...the way that right eyebrow of his went even higher. Dante was so going to have his hands full with Epona. May the Dark Force help him.

He cleared his throat as Dante turned his red eyes upon him, as if entreating him to bare his sould to the vampyre. Dorian shifted uncomfortably in his chair and cast his eyes to the floor.

"It was just a joke between us." Dorian laughed. "Maybe if things 'changed' for me, I would have a shot at Redeemer. It is a joke between Ep and myself, Dante."

Epona Rhi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:07:11 AM
She gave Dante a look that she felt for Dorian.

' Da....he really loves her...about as much as Ice had....I feel for him that she doesn't return his feelings. '

She sent to Dante, feeling a bit bad for Dorian.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:15:04 AM
'I know how much this mortal loves her, I can feel it every time I am near him, Epona. But I will not turn someone with the merest of hope that she will return those feelings for him.' Dante sent back to her.

It was a rough situation to be in and Dante as well felt for Dorian. Redeemer was beyond loving anyone else right now. She had too much pain to go through before she even thought about opening her heart to anyone else. He turned back to look at Dorian.

"Give her time, Dorian."

Dante moved away from his desk and looked at Epona.

"My Daughter, we have a celebration to plan." He grinned. "I would appreciate your help in it...and your's as well, Dorian, since you are invited, too. A long lost son of Khar Sian has returned and we are going to throw the biggest party Khar Sian has ever seen."

Epona Rhi
Oct 23rd, 2003, 01:25:18 AM
she smiled and nodded her head.

"Of course Da, I'll be happy to help with that."

She let her mind drift to the newly found "son of Khar Sian".... Dominik......his eyes.....She finally realized what she was doing and quickly averted her eyes to find Dante looking at her with a raised eyebrow. She smiled shyly and looked out of a nearby window......busted! she thought.....she needed to remember that they now shared minds.

Dante Imoralia
Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:45:59 PM
Dante cleared his throat to keep from laughing at Epona. He also needed to start ignoring her thoughts as well.

"Glad to hear you want to help." He smiled at her.

Glancing at the clock on the wall, he grimaced, dawn was approaching. He walked over to his daughter, holding his hands out to her, helping her stand.

"I am sorry to cut this visit short, Dorian." Dante said, turning to look at the smiling mortal. "Epona and I must retire to our chambers. You are most welcome to stay here if you wish until we rise tomorrow evening."

Dante placed a kiss on his daughter's cheek, knowing the two of them would like to say a private goodbye. He bowed his head towards Dorian and then excused himself to find Aaron before heading off to his private chamber for a deep sleep filled with loneliness.

Epona Rhi
Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:11:40 PM
She smiled as Dante walked away to his chambers and turned to Dorian and held her hand out. She walked him to the main doors and opened it. Standing there with him she looked up at the Khar Sian moon.

"You can stay here if you want Dorian, you dont have to go."

She watched him closely waiting for him to answer.

Dorian Gray
Oct 24th, 2003, 10:20:42 AM
"I think I will take you Imoralia's up on your offer. I'm pretty sure Royce is sick of me haunting the place. I'm going to grab some things and then come back. I'll see you tomorrow evening." Dorian grinned, pulling the Darkling into his arms for a tight hug. He kissed her forehead and then jogged down the front steps of the mansion.

Looking up at the early rays of dawn, he shook his head in disbelief. If someone had come up to him last year telling him that he would be in love with a vampyre and living among her kind, he would have laughed in their faces. He had never been happier since being accepted into their world.