PDA

View Full Version : Force Tech: It doesn't take eyes to see.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:23:22 PM
Wei stood in the middle of a very large, and very dark room. There were no windows, no lights. Just darkness. A nearly palatable, heavy darkness. Wei couldn't even see his hand in front of his face. It was somewhat amusing to him. But Wei wasn't here to have fun. Wei came here to work.

"She ought to be here soon," Wei thought to himself. He dared not speak until Telexia got there. There was just something about being alone in a dark room that did not accomodate talking to ones self. It made you crazy.

Wei had sent Telexia the message that she was to meet here for her first training session. Wei shut his eyes in preparation for when the door opened and the light from the hall came in. When you were surrounded by this much darkness, even the tiniest change in lighting could blind you.

Telexia Xio
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:05:26 AM
Telexia is nervous. There is no other way to put it. She is nervous about her first training session with her Master Wei. She had received a message from Wei asking her to come to a certain training room for her first training session. Pausing outside the door, she takes a deep breath, calming her thoughts as she opens the door to the dark room. Stepping inside, she lets the door close behind her.

"Master Wei, I'm here."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:11:55 AM
"Good."

Wei opened his eyes and turned to face her. Wei chuckled in spite of himself. When he had opened his eyes it had been as if he had never closed them. It never ceased to amuse him.

"Give yourself a minute to get adjusted to the darkness, and then we'll get started on today's lesson. On today's agenda we have two objectives: learning how to tap into and control the Force, and then how to see our way around and find things when we can't see what we're doing with our eyes."

Telexia Xio
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:17:51 AM
Telexia out of habit nods her head slightly and she lets her eyes get adjusted to the dark. It takes a few moments, and during that time, she's still calming her mind, assuring herself silently, that she has no reason to be nervous.

"Master Wei, I'm curious about something. With the training I shall be getting, will I also be able to stop the visions which I get?"

Telexia asks this while her eyes are still adjusting to the dark.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:57:46 PM
Wei shrugged. "You might. All of these training sessions involve disciplining your mind, so if you work diligently I don't see why not."

Telexia had never mentioned visions in their last conversation. It would be something to talk about later. There were other things to do at the moment.

Wei took a seat on the ground. "Now we will learn how to grasp and control the Force. The Force is inside of you and around you. Clear your mind. Make it empty, like the room is. And after that it's a simple matter of relaxing into the Force. You can manipulate the Force if you allow it to flow through you. You can't make yourself control the Force."

Telexia Xio
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:12:49 AM
Telexia nods her head slighlty as she clears her mind of any and all thoughts. Know is the time to learn, not think of her past. She lets herself feel the Force flowing through her and around her.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:59:51 PM
"Relaxed, but alert. The minute you tense up is when you make a mistake."

Wei pointed a finger at the wall and used telekinesis to press a button on the wall. A number of panels opened up in the walls and several small droids rolled out, each carrying an object in its hands. Then the droids set the objects down and returned to their places.

"A great Jedi once said that the Force resides in everything. Find the Force that resides in things, and you have then found the object."

Wei was of course referring to a rock, a potted plant, and a datapad. "Find the objects in the room and bring them to me, one by one."

Telexia Xio
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:20:11 PM
Telexia nods her head slightly. Her eyes having adjusted to the light, but due to the darkness, can't see anything. She continues to let the Force flow through her, and around her. Slowly, she lets herself expand outwards with the Force to find the objects that have been put in the room.

The first she locates is the potted plant. Keeping her focus on the potted plant, she walks towards it, her pace steady. She picks up the potted plant, a slight smile on her face at actually have been able to find it, she then turns and looks for Wei. Though she made a mistake. She went to use her eyes to do this instead of the Force.

She closes her eyes again and uses the Force to sense Wei and walks towards him, her eyes closed. She miscalculates and accidently bumps into him, and mumbles a slight apology to him.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 20th, 2003, 09:28:21 PM
Wei calmly steadied his Padawan. "No harm done. I'm always grounded, so I won't fall over. But that's another lesson. Thank you for the plant," Wei said and took the plant from her.

"Now, go find something else."

Wei waited for Telexia to move away from him before he walked to across the room, stepping over and around the other objects as though he could see them clearly.

"Do not fear. Step boldly toward your goal."

Telexia Xio
Oct 21st, 2003, 11:03:05 AM
Telexia nods and closes her eyes again, reaching out with the Force, letting it flow through her, around her. She doesn't know how many objects there are, but that is not a worry right now.

The next object she locates is the rock. She starts to walk towards the rock cautiously, but gains confidence as she nears the rock. She keeps her eyes closed as she picks up the rock.

Now to find Wei again. She searches for Wei through the Force, finding him quicker this time, than the last time and starts to walk towards him again. This time though, she does bump into him.

She opens here eyes and goes to hand the rock over to him, though what she doesn't know is that she's handing it to Wei's back.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:42:43 PM
Wei reaches around behind him and takes the rock from her. "Good job."

Wei points his finger at the wall and presses another button. The floor shifts a little bit, becoming harder to walk across.

"Now let's try something else. In addition to finding the objects, map out the floor, so you know where the rises and depressions are."

Wei cleared his throat. "This is a difficult thing to do, you see. We can only sense so much with the Force.

Telexia Xio
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:25:25 AM
"I'll give it my best shot."

Telexia says as she turns to locate another item. After she has located where it is with the Force, she then goes to make her way over towards it, being careful of the rises and depressions. She stumbles a couple of times on her way to the datapad, since she didn't quite notice a rise or depression in the floor. After picking up the datapad, she turns to make her way back to Wei, choosing a different route so she can get used to locating the rises and depressions which are in the floor right now.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:09:39 PM
"Very good," Wei said, taking the datapad from her. "You have one more item to retrieve, I think."

Telexia Xio
Jan 12th, 2004, 12:30:40 PM
Telexia nods her head slightly and closes her eyes to locate the last item. She had retrieved a rock, a datapad, and a potted plant. She is unable to locate any more items though so she opens her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I can't find any more items."

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to respond. Been busy and forgot about Telexia

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 12th, 2004, 07:36:00 PM
Wei smiled. "That's because there aren't any more. You've found them all."

Telexia was indeed on her toes. "I can imagine that some Padawans would walk around this room four or five times before they finally admitted that they'd found them all."

Wei chuckled at the thought of a Padawan scurrying around trying to find the one last item that didn't exist.

"You are dismissed. I'm going to slowly turn on the lights, ok? They'll start dim and then get brighter so your eyes can adjust."

Wei walked over to the light switch and slowly began to twist the knob, letting it sit for a moment at gradually increasing degrees of brightness until the room was completely lit with a brilliant white glow.

"Practice sensing things. You don't have to do it in the dark, or do it blindfolded. I used darkness so that you would have no choice but to use the Force. Keep at it, and I'll arrange for your next class and let you know. Any questions about sensing things through the Force?"

Telexia Xio
Jan 19th, 2004, 09:16:48 AM
Telexia smiles and nods her head in acknowledgement of what Wei says.

"Nope. I don't have any questions about sensing things through the Force."

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:25:48 AM
Wei smiled and clapped his hands once. "Well, then that's all for today. I'll contact you with your next training session once I've made up my mind what to teach you. If you ever need me for anything, don't hesitate to come running, ok?"