PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Practice.(Open fight)

Rognan Dar
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:41:36 AM
The sun was setting over the high buildings. Everyone was calming down for the night. It was a time to relax. But one was not doing this. He was brushing up on some of his combat skills: not good at all. He was not one for physical fitness. And not one to let something stop him from becoming all that he could possibly be.

Swing. Slash. Crouch and kick. The sound of his Lightsaber in the air. Sweat coming down his face. Rognan had been practicing the same moves over and over again. Thinking that memorizing some moves might help in a real battle. But Rog was just not made for it. His mind was not made for it.

He took a break, not wanting to tire himself out.

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:19:35 AM
Falcon had come to the grounds, hoping to stretch his limbs (and his 'sabre) after the long ordeal of travel, medbay, and three days' sleep of which could not be avoided. He was having some difficulty getting to sleep lately, now that a few days straight of slumber had thrown out his snooze pattern.
He had been thinking he'd just pull the imaginary opponent regime, which was not only a bit of a tradition back home, but a very well practiced discipline, for those that had the imagination and modesty to create for themselves a worthy opponent to train on. But then when he walked in, he saw a young man.. a padawan, it seems, from watching him with his weapon. A good opportunity to exercise himself, and perhaps impart some wisdom. So thus, he approached him..

"Been in here awhile, lad?"

He posed his hands behind his back, folded.

"Up for a spar?"

He smiled, putting out his hand for a shake.

"I am Falcon Gyndar."

Rognan Dar
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:33:54 PM
Rognan pause in the middle of a swing. He turned his head around.

"No, not long."

He turned off his sabre and stood up strait. He, too, put out his hand to take that of Falcon's.

"I'm Rognan Dar. Most call me Rog." He said as he shaked Falcon's hand. After returning his hand to his side he answered the question.

"Sure, if you want to spar I'm willing. I'm not that good at it to let you know. Not as good as most. Are you good at dueling?"

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:03:20 PM
Falcon chuckled..

"Good? I suppose. One has to be somewhat good at things to teach them, do they not? Well, we shall see, hmm? How long have you been with the Order?"

Rognan Dar
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:05:28 PM
Teach? What did he mean by that? he thought to himself.

"Well, it has been a long time. I cant remember whole long exactly. You lose track of the days when your busy training.

What about you? Have you been here long?"

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:24:00 PM
"I was a knight here.. Before I left to return home for ah... personal matters. Then recent events have pushed me back here."

He removes the 'saber hilt from his side and flips it over and over in his right hand..then his left. He turns it on and practices some moves, constantly switching his saber hand from left to right. Upward diagonal slash with a low, sweeping kick, to knock the opponent off his feet. A skill it is, to attack from several vectors at once, using every region of the body possible. Simultaneously. He stands, turning off his 'saber...He chuckles.

"Fully ambidextrous. So, Ah, Rog....Tell me when you're ready. I think this just might be a learning experience in this for both of us."

Rognan Dar
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:51:45 PM
Rognan's eyes where wide open. That was a new move.

"Uh...well....I gues nows as good as ever. Just to let you know. I'm not the best with a Saber."

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:48:53 PM
Falcon smiled..

"No worries. I shall accomadate to your skill level."

He switched on his 'saber, and rounded it in circles a few times over, continuing to speak..

"Keep in mind that you have more than a 'saber at your disposal. Look for any opportunity to attack from any vector possible, with whatever, kick, grab, pull or nonsuch. "

The knight took a low, slightly spread stance, holding his 'saber in his left hand....

"You may begin."

Rognan Dar
Oct 11th, 2003, 12:59:15 PM
A smiled uneasily. He wasn't to sure about this spar. Yes, he needed the training, but he didn't want to be wiped across the floor.

He moved slowly, switching on his Lightsaber, placing it stroat up infront of himself. Time to get busy, he said in the back of his mind.

Instead of taking the first attack, he waited. And watched. He might be able to defend himself better then attack.

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:03:51 PM
Falcon sensed the padawan's hesitation.. He stood up..

"Alright.. Shall I take the first move?"

Rognan Dar
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:03:36 PM
"I'm not choosey."

Rognan stood as still as posible. Still watching. Come on heritage, dont fall me now.

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 16th, 2003, 02:55:19 PM
He's standing still. Dead quiet. If I would say so myself.. a little stiff-looking...

"Loosen up, Rognan. Don't be so stiff. Don't just rely on your eyes..they can play tricks on you. Use your senses."

Falcon stood straight up, saluting with his sword, and assigning himself to a vector of attack..

"Here we go."

He stepped in..one, two, three....'saber in his left hand, he quickly grabbed for Rog's right shoulder and pulled him down diagonally with speed, dropping to his left knee, and at the same time bringing his 'saber to the back of Rog's neck, and using right knee as a stopper to keep him from hitting the ground. A few seconds of movement later, Falcon held still.

"Now...react."

Falcon took a sharp, deep breath, then let him go. Rog stood up, then Falcon followed suit.

"Ah...my apologies. Being a combat instructor is ingrained deep in me. After recent events, I guess i'm still a little messed up, and I just took that frame of mind without even noticing."

The knight stood in a sideways stance, his feet shoulder width apart, left foot forward. Falcon still held his 'saber in his left hand, with the tip pointed to the ground this time. He turned his face to Rog, and spoke.

"I think this would go far better for now if you start."

Rognan Dar
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:28:42 PM
Rognan was not expecting what happened. It all happened within a few seconds. Its like he fell asleep and woke up somewhere else. Or at lest, looking somewhere else.

Once again he places his blade infront of him. So, he wants me to attack.

Taking a step forward, he brings his saber down over his head. Falcon easly blocks it. Then he kicked his leg out for Falcons stomach.

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 20th, 2003, 03:53:38 AM
In a swift reaction, the knight twisted to the inside of Rog's leg, grabbing his outstretched saber arm at the same time in an attempt to pull the the learner strongly off-balance, sending Rog in the opposite direction of which he himself was turning...

Rognan Dar
Oct 20th, 2003, 12:34:26 PM
Using his other arm, he hit Falcons arm, releasing his grip. With his kicking foot langed, he swept out with the other, trying to knock Falcon's feet out. Then he rolled backward, still crouching he waited.

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:58:12 PM
Falcon simply front flipped to avoid the sweeping kick as Rog rolled away. He landed and turned around, looking at the other man. He switched off his 'saber, but still held it in his hand. The knight did a large front flip, quickly bringing him closer to Rog again.. While in the midst of the flip, he switched back on the 'saber , pointing it downward, as if to insert it into the middle of Rog's skull...As he landed, the saber got closer to Rog and then it seemed that the Lorrdian man was already moving to react....

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:33:08 PM
Rognan rolled forward when Falcon was about to land, positioning himself behind him, back to back. He then turned around with his sabre swinging around with him to try and slice right through Falcons back

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:11:56 PM
Falcon zipped around and met Rog's 'saber with his own. There was a sharp crackle, that came after all the force he put into the swing of his weapon...He held the weapon in an upside-down position..

"I see you're not as bad as you thought...."

...and followed through, pushing up with his 'saber, lifting Rog's with it...

Rognan Dar
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:16:00 PM
He spun around agai with his sabre above his head. Comeing back around he pulled back his sabre and then lunged.

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:22:55 PM
Falcon twisted quickly out of the way, and his opponent's 'saber quickly took up the space he had only occupied not even two seconds before. When it reached that point, Falcon, with his weapon in his right hand(he is standing to the right of Rog), slams down on the learner's outstreched 'saber, and lifts his left leg swiftly to impact his foot into Rog's chest, in an attempt to send him stumbling, or possibly, falling backward....

Rognan Dar
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:28:58 PM
This always happened. Every time he lunged at someone he always paid fot it.

Try as he may, Falcons movements were to hard to follow. And resolting in being kicked in the chest. The blow nocked him backwards. He turned off his sabre as he was falling, and using both hands, positioned them under himself as he hit the ground. He then used the momentum to roll backwards and once again got to his feet.

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:24:54 PM
Falcon planted his airborne foot back on the ground, and turned off his 'saber..

"How's this going for you, so far? Any questions? Problems?"

Rognan Dar
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:57:05 PM
Rognan just now relized he was breathing a little heavier then when he was fighting.

"Uh, well, I think its going well. Your better then me I can tell. The only problem is my skill on the matter. I dont think I got what its takes to be a great fighter."

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:05:56 PM
He chuckled...

"The 'better than' you part is greatly a matter of experience. I have... ah.. Several years learning AND teaching experience in the matter of combat. Speaking as a teacher...you just need more practice..more instruction...Does this somewhat strike you as correct?"

Rognan Dar
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:09:04 PM
"Strike me, no. Correct, yes. I know I need practice, I just dont get much of it. And when I do, it seems to slap me in the face. Nothing good has happened to me when I try and get better at fighting. It only leads to more fighting and then it will only end in a fight."

Falcon Gyndar
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:14:38 PM
"Mmm..mm... I see.. Any reason why you might not get the practice or instruction you require?"

Rognan Dar
Nov 1st, 2003, 01:47:04 PM
"I don't know. I just dont seem to be a physical kind of guy. It not my nack. I can fight, but its not what would win me the best fighter award."