PDA

View Full Version : Planetside.

Zeke
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:01:43 PM
Zeke wakes up with a lazy stretch, blinking awake and slouching as he sits up. His back and neck hurt like all get out, and his muscles ache as he stands up. Looking to the bed, he sees Eris sleeping contentedly in it and smiles warmly, his sore muscles forgotten as he throws the tangled sheets over her.

The Jedi walks into the kitchen, getting himself a glass of milk and checking on May and Jhony. They're not in their rooms, which is a good thing. He thinks he's avoided them, but in reality, he hasn't. There's a note from them both on the table.

Good morning, lazybones!

We decided to do you the courtesy of letting you sleep in, seeing as you have company. We'll be on-planet once you get up, which means you can take her on a date. There's some money for you on the counter; take it and show her a good time. Just remember that she's your guest. Do her the courtesy of letting her go first when going through doors, and don't let her step in puddles (carry her instead). The weather's been a bit rainy as of late, so we left you an umbrella for you both to share.

May and Jhony

Jhony's P.S.--Try to get stuck in the rain with her! I won the heart of May's mother by cuddling her under an umbrella in the rain.

Zeke tsks and throws the note away, pocketing the money and settling himself at the table.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:07:22 PM
Eris stretches as she wakes up before blinking at her surroundings. Where am I? She looks around some more before she remembers. I remember, this is Zeke's room, but where is he? She sits up and run her fingers lightly through her hair to straighten out the night's effects before walking out of the room and finding Zeke.

"You sleep well, sorry I took the bed, I just nodded off all of a sudden."

Zeke
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:18:58 PM
"I slept very well. The questions on my mind are if you slept well, and if you would like some breakfast."

Zeke gets up and moves to the fridge, sticking his head inside and looking through the contents.

"We got three kinds of juices, two kinds of milk, and just about anything you can imagine for eating." He straightens up and looks at her. "O'course, we can just go out somewhere. We've landed, so there should be plenty to see at the spaceport."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:23:19 PM
"Slept good, little hungry and a bit of time out would be nice, been cooped up in here too long."

She doesn't want to be a bother but it had been three days since she's been outside, the wolf in her was a little bit restless. She wouldn't change or anything but it did have control over her restlessness.

Zeke
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:31:55 PM
"Well then, let's go out for breakfast," he suggests, shutting the fridge and digging through his mess to find their shoes.

"You can choose the place. Just about every spaceport has a store from a famous chain of restaurants. It shouldn't be hard to find something you'll like."

Zeke slips his shoes on, not bothering to untie them first, and adjusts them so they're comfortable.

"Did you wanna change first?" he asks, remembering Jhony's advice of courtesy.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:37:56 PM
'Sounds good, well probably shouldn't go out in the clothes I slept in, would look suspicious."

She winks a little at him, hinting as if they had done more than just sleeping.

Zeke
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:47:35 PM
"If you want," he replies, not entirely sure what she's getting at. "Let's drop by your room first then." He gets the door and motions for her to precede him through it.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:55:53 PM
'K."

She says quietly, she knows he missed it but ah well, he'll see what she means one day. She steps through the door and looks back to see that he's coming.

"I won't take too long."

Zeke
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:26:59 PM
"Take all the time you want," Zeke replies as he follows her out. "If you want some help, just lemme know."

The last sentence runs through his mind another time, making him wince inwardly. That wasn't the best time to show some courteousy...he's sure he's ruined the day already.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:43:04 PM
She giggles nervously.

"Umm, I think I'll be all right..."

It's not long before they reach the passenger cabins and she stops in front of her room.

"This is me, you can come in if you want.......after all I saw your room...."

She adds the last part quickly so it wouldn't sound like she meant something else though her mind had thought it.

Zeke
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:22:22 PM
Zeke shrugs and follows her inside, shutting the door politely behind himself.

"Love the place," he remarks, looking around. "How're you liking it here? Are the passenger's quarters suiting you?"

Eris Alexiel
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:51:44 PM
"It's nice, I like it here."

She reaches into her closet and pulls out another dress before heading to the bathroom so she can change.

"So, what planet are we on now?"

She calls out to him.

Zeke
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:13:30 PM
"Some tourist planet," he calls back. "I dunno the name; just that customs asks if you're here on business or pleasure, checks your ID, and sends you on the way."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:21:55 PM
She emerges soon after ready to go again.

"Sounds interesting.."

She jokes, giggling softly.

"I'm ready if you are."

Zeke
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:41:48 PM
"I'm ready."

Zeke lets her out first and walks beside her towards the cargo bay. Everything on the Happy Child goes and comes through the giant doors, and Zeke has no doubt that he'll find the promised umbrella leaning by the hatch mechanism.

"First to eat, then to see what's here?" he asks, making sure she's okay with the itinerary.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:05:10 PM
"Sounds good, sounds like it's raining though."

Her better hearing picks up the pitter pattering sound of it outside.

Zeke
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:16:46 PM
"Pops left a note and said it probably would be. He left us an umbrella by the cargo bay door."

Zeke opens up the cargo bay and lets her in, riding the elevator down to the floor. They cross to the giant doors and Zeke opens them as well, taking the umbrella from below the mechanism.

"Well, let's go."

He opens it up to find it's ludicrously small. They'll hafta squeeze under to keep dry, which was Jhony's plan all along. Zeke wraps his arm around her shoulders and sets out into the rain, making sure to keep her dryer than him.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:39:20 PM
She blushes a little bit and hides behind her hair a little to hide it. She sighed softly, wondering when she wouldn't act so nervous around him.

"Well it's a nice planet even with the rain..."

She comments idly, trying to break the silence again.

Zeke
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:47:07 PM
"Rain is refreshing," Zeke responds, heaving a content sigh. "I've always loved rain. After it's poured for a few days the air smells sweet and everything just feels that much better."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:50:09 PM
"Yep, used to run around in it all the time when I was younger, wolfen mostly since mom would worry about us getting sick."

She chuckled softly at the thought, had always been fun but still she would abide by her promise to him and not change until he okayed it.

Zeke
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:56:19 PM
"We'll hafta think of something to do about that..." Zeke mumbles thoughtfully. "It's not fair to force you to stay a human all the time."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:20:01 PM
"I don't need to change all that much, just every few weeks or so. I don't need to run around much either, just a bit of time in it to feel normal."

She sighs, she doesn't want to be a bother about it.

Zeke
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:52:53 PM
"You'll get it," Zeke promises. "I'll see to it that you have the chance every time we land the ship."

He hugs her a bit closer, skirting a puddle as they approach the guards. The fat man on duty just waves them on through, calling out something as they past over a sudden burst of thunder.

"Your Cap'n's already cleared ya!"

"That's a handy thing," Zeke remarks. "Now...for breakfast."

The landing berth enters into a huge enclosed rotunda, seven stories tall to suit the needs of the ships coming in. Zeke retracts the umbrella and looks around.

"Pick anyplace you like."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:49:30 PM
She looks around a bit but honestly there's too much to choose from.

"You pick, this is too much for me."

In truth, Eris didn't spend a lot of time in large groups of people, less people to make the connection of what she was that way.

Zeke
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:37:25 AM
Zeke takes her hand and leads her into the spaceport, looking around for a place he likes. He finds it settled far back from the main of things, in a small space that could hardly be a store. The only place to sit is a bar with six stools, all of which are empty. Immediately behind the bar is a stove, and immediately behind that is a lone chef. Zeke has Eris sit, and then takes a stool next to her.

"This place is great," Zeke comments to Eris. "They play games with the food they cook, and it's great to boot. Any breakfast food you can imagine is served here, twenty four hours a day. Go ahead, I dare you to order somethin' he can't make."

Behind the stove, the chef swells with pride, daring her to try it.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:57:07 PM
"Don't need anything special really, pancakes and eggs would be nice..."

Eris is used to simple things, when she couldn't hunt, simple would do.

Zeke
Oct 11th, 2003, 01:18:45 PM
"Pancakes, ten tall, two plates of eggs and a some sausage,"

The chef nods, pouring out the batter for the pancakes and letting it bake, rolling out some eggs and juggling them expertly with his spatulas. One by one he tosses them up and catches them on the side of the spatula. The eggs break and the yolks fall to the stovetop, but the shells stay perfectly poised on the thin edge of the spatula. Zeke rubs the back of his hand, recalling his stunt the night past.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:03:47 PM
Eris watches intently, she's never seen anything like this before. Quite some interesting types in the universe, she was glad she could afford to be out and about to see it all.

Zeke
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:28:43 PM
"Eggroll..." mutters the cook, rolling out a few more as others seat themselves at the bar. Sausage links are next on the list. He juggles them on his spatulas and dumps them onto the stove, fidgeting over them as he makes sure they cook evenly.

"I could do this..." Zeke comments to no one in particular.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 12th, 2003, 08:01:12 PM
Eris leans on him a bit and giggles softly.

"You'll have to show me then one of these days..."

Zeke
Oct 13th, 2003, 07:02:01 PM
"Sure. I don't have his skill, so I'd hafta make up for it with speed and extra foolery. Like walking on the stove using the spatulas as I sliced the sausages, for instance," he says as the cook begins to settle out the portions for the customers.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 13th, 2003, 08:02:10 PM
"Hmm, looks good."

She flashes a smile to the cook to be polite.

Zeke
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:33:28 PM
The cook shoots Zeke a glare as he hands him a plate, but smiles to Eris and tips his chef's hat to her as he places her plate before her. They have five pancakes each, and the entire plate is covered almost to the edge with eggs and sausage.

"This is how food should be served!" Zeke says with a smile wider than his usual.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 15th, 2003, 11:28:25 PM
She smiles as well.

"Yep, much better portions..."

She giggles softly, last night's meal had been small compared to what she normally ate as part of being a Garou.

Zeke
Oct 16th, 2003, 07:36:07 AM
Zeke takes a bottle of ketchup and covers his eggs with it before doing a similar thing with his syrup and pancakes. He stirs the eggs and ketchup to get it covered, then starts to eat as his stomach looses a growl of anticipation.

"Once we're done..." Zeke says, careful not to speak to her with his mouth full, "We'll go upstairs and see what's goin' on. There's shops, if you've any interest in that sort of thing, and a holo-game arcade. If Pops and May are done with business we'll probably find them there ruining other people's egos."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:34:22 PM
She stuck her tongue out again at how he ate and giggled.

"Fine by me, haven't been out in ages."

Sounded interesting anyway, she has always worried before about being recognized as the wolf she was so hadn't done much since she'd had to leave home.

Zeke
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:25:30 PM
"We don't even have to stick to the spaceport," Zeke suggests a few moments later, having cleaned his plate of all sausage and most of the pancakes. "There's plenty to do out in the town as well, There's bars and clubs and...well, just bars and clubs. Maybe some extra stores, but you can get most anything here."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:46:24 PM
"Anything is fine..."

She smiled softly at him, she was about halfway done herself. Her mind pondering over what he suggested while they ate.

Zeke
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:51:37 AM
Zeke finishes his meal in silence, handing the plate over to the chef. He stacks it on a small cart and gives Zeke the bill for the meal. He pays and stretches, twisting on the stool to watch Eris.

"Take your time. We've got all day."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:36:45 PM
Eris swallows a bit of food before speaking.

"K."

She goes back to eating before giggling nervously at his staring at her.

"Having fun?"

Zeke
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:43:48 PM
"Sure am," he answers, stretching his arms and rolling his neck. "Just seeing what there is to do here..."

He's not looking at anything though. He's just looking at her. His mind, however, is everywhere else, using the Force to check on the choices of entertainment.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:06:50 PM
She giggles nervously again before going back to her food, finishing what she had left.

"Sooo, what are you finding?"

Zeke
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:48:40 PM
"Trying to find something that's not stereotypically girlish that will hold your interest," Zeke replies, placing his fingertips to his forehead as he focuses his nigh-lame telepathy. "Telepathy's not a strong point of mine. It's hard."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:59:06 PM
She rests her head on his shoulder and sighs softly.

"Doesn't come easy to me either, just hear some thoughts like whispers."

Zeke
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:56:56 AM
"I work best at telekinetics," Zeke comments off-handedly. "Well...let's see what's going on."

The Knight stands and stretches, leaving the chef's pay on the counter.

"C'mon, let's go."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:03:56 PM
"K, I'm mostly a fighter myself but has to be in Garou form..."

She added, giggling nervously, he'd probably never see her third form though.

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:11:33 PM
"I'm a fairly mediocre fighter myself," Zeke answers, slipping his hand into hers. "I find my Force abilities seem to match what I've needed to do in life. Telekinetics are useful on the ship because I can move heavy things around with ease. Inventory's a snap for me. My next best skill is fighting, since I used to get into them all the time."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:32:26 PM
"Hmm, I tend to use my other skills, I'm a good tracker but again in Garou form...."

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:51:26 PM
Zeke leads her to the escalator, holding her close as a few rowdy teens go thundering up past them.

"It moves on its own..." he mutters. "Can you turn into a Garou at will? Or is it out of your control?"

Eris Alexiel
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:45:54 PM
"I can do it when I want and I know what I'm doing....depends from Garou to Garou though, some know what they're doing while others follow the animal instinct and can't control it."

Zeke
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:51:12 PM
Zeke smiles, leading her off the escalator and gesturing at the shops.

"Pick your favorite," he encourages.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:01:37 PM
"I wouldn't know where to begin, I'm not used to places like this."

She wasn't used to much yet offworld of her home, pretty much a lot of this was new to her.

Zeke
Oct 24th, 2003, 09:07:04 AM
"Then just choose a random shop. C'mon, I can't make all the decisions. Relationships are supposed to be give and take; its your turn to decide on where we go and what we do."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:47:27 PM
"Not my element really, hmmm, how about that one?"

She points to a random shop.

Zeke
Oct 24th, 2003, 08:54:00 PM
"Ok."

Zeke looks to the shop in question. The inside of it is dimly lit. It seems to be a clothing store of some description, with a few odds and ends being sold as well.

"In we go."

He steps inside, tapping his feet and looking around. The shirts have his smile getting wider and wider. All kinds of hilarious pictures and phrases are on these. From the cliche "I fling poo" to a few more...original...slogans, there's something to fit everyone's attitude.

"Neato."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 24th, 2003, 11:39:03 PM
"I picked good then?"

She giggles softly at the caption on one that reads "You just mad the voices only talk to me."

Zeke
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:15:47 PM
Zeke nods, wandering inside and looking around idly. A wall of stuff catches his eye. He takes a ball from a shelf and bounces it. The ball makes a ludicrously loud sound effect, silencing the store as the shoppers seek the source of it.

"Ka-POW!" Zeke mimics, bouncing it again. "Ka-POW! Ka-POW! Ka-POW!"

Zeke is entertained.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:33:16 PM
Eris giggles softly and nudges him with her hip.

"I don't think the store people like that, Zeke."

Zeke
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:42:39 PM
"Ka-POW! Ka-POW!"

He reaches over and sets another one going.

"Ka-POW--Zzzzssiing! Ka-POW--Zzzzssiing!"

He giggles like a schoolboy.

"Hee...these are fun..."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 26th, 2003, 09:20:21 PM
She giggles at the look on his face.

"Maybe you should buy one then."

Zeke
Oct 28th, 2003, 09:24:27 AM
Zeke takes a third.

"Ka-POW--Zzzzssiing--Fraga-VOOSH!"

The manager's glare finally catches his attention, and belatedly Zeke realizes that he's drawn quite the angry crowd.

"Ehem...sorry."

He takes them to the register and buys them, along with a shirt bearing a "Ka-POW!" sound-effect logo.

"Sound effects are fun..." he says to no one in particular.

Eris Alexiel
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:59:17 PM
"Can be...what now?"

She asks quietly, trying to avoid the glares of the angry store manager.

Zeke
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:30:11 AM
"We go somewhere else," Zeke says matter-of factly. His pants are covered with pockets. The three sound effect balls fit easily into one, and with a little creativity, his shirt fits in another. "Let's go."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:59:02 PM
She watches him the looks up as he says "Let's go."

"Your pick this time."

She says quietly before giggling softly.

Zeke
Oct 31st, 2003, 10:25:32 PM
"I wanna go in here," Zeke says, immediately turning into a bookstore. "I don't have many books, which is a shame. I like reading stuff. Action/adventure stuff is the best."

Eris Alexiel
Oct 31st, 2003, 11:53:24 PM
"I don't usually read, a run is more fun when I'm bored."

She admits then shrugs her shoulder sheepishly but follows him in.

Zeke
Nov 1st, 2003, 12:38:37 AM
"You should read more," Zeke admonishes. "Some of the best stories to be told are in books.

He browses down a long shelf of books, looking over titles.

"You can learn some good stuff, too," he comments, looking up to find a "How to Draw" book.

Eris Alexiel
Nov 1st, 2003, 12:42:22 AM
"Heh, I know what I need to but when I can't change, I do read from time to time."

This wasn't like the books back home though, Garou kept mostly history books which Eris found boring.

Zeke
Nov 1st, 2003, 12:59:11 AM
"Get a book then. You won't have much space for changing and running on the ship, and I dunno how long my video games will last you."

Zeke takes the drawing book and starts perusing the shelves for an action novel.

"I like those stories where the hero is the underdog and saves the world and gets the girl. I'm a sucker for that sorta thing."

Eris Alexiel
Nov 1st, 2003, 01:02:28 AM
She follows, picking up a random book a few times, they didn't have what she wanted. A few more, nope. She found one and looked over the back cover a bit.

"Hmm..."

Zeke
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:58:19 PM
"Found something worth reading?" Zeke asks from the next shelf over, thumbing through some kind of fantasy novel. "Based on Tatooine. Ick. No cliche settings, if you please," he mutters, putting it back.

Eris Alexiel
Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:34:40 PM
"Maybe, you?"

She asks, still looking over the book, trying to decide.