PDA

View Full Version : Padawan Promotions

Figrin D'an
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:59:06 PM
Since we managed to complete several other items on our little notepad, and September is already past us, I figured we could have a little chat about padawans that may be ready for promotion.

This is mainly intended for those padawans that have found themselves without masters because of various IC or OOC conditions, but we can always toss out other names, then talk to the appropriate masters to find out their opinions.

In the other thread, we had a few names already mentioned:

Pierce Tondry (Apprenticed to Helenias Evenstar)
Sejah Haversh (Formerly Apprenticed to Helenias Evenstar, now apprenticed to Figrin D'an)
Lion El Jonson (Apprenticed to Marcus Elessar)

So... I guess we need to toss out some names, and discuss them to determine if they might be ready. (Note: I really don't want this kind of closed-door, staff forum discussion about padawan promotions to become the standard, but in this case, we're kind of forced into it by less than ideal circumstances.)

I'll start things off.

Since Sejah now falls under my perview, I'm going to speak up right away and say that he's not quite ready... not because I don't think he is, but because Mitch doesn't want him promoted just yet. We'll do some threads, and maybe in a couple of months, we'll revisit it.

Take it away, folks.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:19:15 PM
Lion El Jonson - Lion is an ok guy. I like him well enough OOC but my belief is you can't be all things to all people.

Morgan would vote against Pierce until he quit the NR intel. Being a Jedi is a yes or no proposition.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:12:34 AM
Pierce Tondry: Yes, very very soon.

Sejah Haversh: If Mitch says it ain't so, it ain't so. But he'd be on the top of my list when he is ready for that.

Lion El Jonson: Don't know him well enough, will do more research. The same sentiment goes for Mr. Dust... I just don't know the character.

What about Azhure Darkstone? She seems like she's been around here for a while, though I don't have an up-to-date census on her training. Sameer Aryan is also on that ify list... Any thoughts?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:19:34 AM
Pierce and Sejah both get a thumbs up from me.

Lion El Jonson (Apprenticed to Marcus Elessar

Nope. He is my apprentice and always has been. He does seem to be too much into the NR stuff tho, where as Pierce gets about doing Jedi things too. I'm not sure. I'll leave it up to others on this one.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:25:05 AM
Guys, we have bucketloads of Padawans and initiates who are not being trained because we do not have enough Knights and Masters to train them. For a long time now, I felt this is because we are not promoting Padawans who are long overdue.

I mean, someone like Sejah. Wow, I would never have guessed he was still a Padawan. In fact, the possibility did not even occur to me. I just put him there on the memberlist as Jedi Knight, taking it has obvious he had been promoted a long time ago. I will update the website to fix that error

Anyway, my point is; if we keep extending the time and requirements it takes to become a Knight, we will just have more and more Padawans who won't have a satisfying amount of training. Just a thought :)

I feel the candidates mentioned by Figrin are in excellent shape both in terms of roleplay skills and being IC loyal to the Jedi ideals, and they have waited for an insane amount of time. If I were in the Council, I would not hesitate to give thumbs up to any of them.

Azhure Darkstone, I think is overdue. She has certainly been around for quite a while. Sameer Aryan, I dont know enough about to make an informed opinion, the same goes for Mr Dust. Will have to check out their roleplaying threads.

What about Loki, will he ever be promoted? Maybe someone should whisper a hint, it might be time to step up from the Padawan role? Terran Starek has impressed me. I would keep an eye on him.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:51:57 AM
Loki doesn't want to be promoted until he is older, AFAIK.

Terran has just been taken recently by the darkside, therefore to promote him immeadiately after this probably isn't a good idea.

Azhure ... I would need to see some threads really. Just because someone has been ehre for a long while shouldn't mean they are debted a promotion. You have to be actively participating and doing Jedi duties to be able to earn the rank, not just sitting about in the B&G chatting with other Padawans (not that I'm implying Azhure does this, just that it's an example of how you can be here a year or so and not really be 'deserving', so to speak).

Morgan Evanar
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:26:33 PM
Lion has barely been a Jedi. I won't vote for him.

Brian is pushing Pierce twoard a Jedi direction, so Morgan would probably vote for him in the end. Sejah is promoted whenever Mitch wants him to be.

Most of the people who want to be promoted shouldn't be promoted and most of the people who are working on their characters are better canidates. Its a bad catch 22 for new Knights, but its nice that we're just not handing promotions out for our own convience.

Figrin D'an
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:23:08 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Most of the people who want to be promoted shouldn't be promoted and most of the people who are working on their characters are better canidates. Its a bad catch 22 for new Knights, but its nice that we're just not handing promotions out for our own convience.

Exactly. There are many padawans whom are ready for promotion by our standards, but they don't want their characters promoted yet for developmental purposes. It's a far different environment than it was a couple of years ago, when everyone wanted to be promoted as quickly as possible.

If it was completely up to me, I would put Sejah up for promotion immediately. But, Mitch has made clear that he doesn't want that to happen yet. :\

Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Nope. He is my apprentice and always has been. He does seem to be too much into the NR stuff tho, where as Pierce gets about doing Jedi things too. I'm not sure. I'll leave it up to others on this one.

My mistake... I was always under the impression that Marcus was training him. He does seem to be more NR involved than with the Jedi. I'd likely vote for several others before him.

Pierce is close, IMO.

Azhure... maybe... I think she's borderline, but that's just my opinion.

Terran would have been ready, had it not been for his little darkside encounter.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:54:44 PM
So, I say we get Navaria (Azhure and Sameer's Master) and see what she has to say about those two.

And I had remembered that Loki was not wanting to be promoted as well, but I have no idea where I heard that or if it is true.

What about Angelica Shin? Anyone know about her?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:03:00 PM
Just ask Dru. Loki will be promoted when he's good and ready.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:52:35 AM
Ok, what's the update on this? I think we need to get these in gear pretty soon. :)

Figrin D'an
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:38:44 PM
I think we were waiting to get Nav's opinion on her padawans. Beyond that, I'm not sure there is anyone else worth considering at this point, except maybe Pierce.

Estelle Russard
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:46:44 PM
Pierce gets a "nod" from me for promotion. I see no need to wait on it.

Sejah also, whenever he wants to move forward with it.

Ditto for Loki.

edit: I posted, then realised maybe I shouldn't not being a Master, or Council or anything . But you have my opinion, for what its worth :)

AmazonBabe
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:59:50 PM
I say yes to all three... that is if the players behind the characters feel their characters are ready. Though granted there may be some that want to wait, but sometimes a good swift kick in the behind is what they need to get their character moving.

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:27:38 PM
We like your opinion, Estelle. :)

And I agree, swift kicks are one of my specialties.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:23:40 PM
Azhure is not ready .. we are working on things together. Sameer still too soon in his training.

sorry for the delay =\

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:14:02 AM
so... when are we promoting these people? Pierce is overdue

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:19:56 AM
Well, any time is a good time for promotions.

Anyway, my point is; if we keep extending the time and requirements it takes to become a Knight, we will just have more and more Padawans who won't have a satisfying amount of training.

Yes, ditto. :)

Figrin D'an
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:52:51 PM
Everyone seems to agree on Pierce. Is there anyone else that was need to seriously consider?

If not, then let's call Pierce before the Council and give him the news.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:04:47 PM
Yeah, go ahead with it :)

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:12:28 PM
aye!

:\

this reminds me that I have to finish my master's trial >_<

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 23rd, 2003, 02:55:59 PM
heh... Yeah, I mean, we've got all the stuff ready for you initiation and...

erm...

never mind :mischief

Figrin D'an
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:48:29 PM
I finally got around to starting this... the thread is here (http://69.56.186.201/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32986).

Let's attempt to complete this promptly.