PDA

View Full Version : Cybernetics in Star Wars (HELP)

Kitty McQuade
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:17:04 PM
I'm looking for information but I can't seem to find much that's SW specific. I'm looking for anything on tech level and different kinds of cyberware.

Charley
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:37:32 PM
the only stuff I know of are the appendages luke & anakin had, and that stuff that lobot has. But nothing in detail.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:45:53 PM
I've given J'ktal some cyberenetic replacement parts in his arm and neck, but they were due to a rather nasty in jury he one suffered. And, they don't do an awful lot other than make his arm work again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:53:46 PM
i base a lot of my stuff for terrisz'voss tech off of masumune shirow's work with ghost in the shell and manmachine interface. Its heavy into cybernetics and e-brains and elite stuffs. i recommend reading ghost. mmi isnt out in english yet though; should be in the spring.

i do plan on going more indepth with TV tech once i get it more mapped out on paper, but i do a lot of reading on the side about cybernetics and what-have-you. drop me a line if theres anything i can help you with

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:54:29 PM
Hmm...Yaka cyborgs have some interesting stuff built into pretty much their entire race. Normally dull-witted, the implants make them geniuses, if a bit eccentric. That's really all I know on the subject, sorry.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:35:33 PM
Lobot had cybernetic implants that directly connected his brain with the central computer of Cloud City, I think. If not more. He was a very good right hand man for Lando 'cause he helped keep everything running smoothly. It's a computer interface built right into his brain, IIRC. Makes his HUMANness a little less, but he gets lotsa jobs done quickly.

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:32:48 AM
Well Lobot was a criminal, so humanness isn't neccesarily good ;)

I know bionic eyes exist, I believe it was Screed who had one.

Lance Freestar
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:23:53 AM
There is a crapload of Yuuzhan Vong stuff, but it is organic based.....
In Wraith Squadron, from the X-Wing series, I think this guy died in Iron Fist, he was named Ton Phanan, and he served on a Medical Frigate in the Battle of Endor when it was hit, blowing several pieces of him all over the place. He survived thanks to the miracles bacta can work, and as a result had leg replacements, arm replacements, organ replacements, and a couple of things in his neck, and head. He hung out with Garik Loran, The "Face" *Faints*, and they made a good duo.
Can't think of anything besides that at this time.....

Pierce Tondry
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:25:59 AM
What do you need to know?

Better yet, PM me with what you want to do and I will tell you a.) whether there's a basis for it anywhere in SW or b.) whether I think it can be done with no problems.

There's been some pretty outlandish stuff done with cyborg tech in SW (shadow droids, anyone?) but for the most part authors and graphic novelists err on the good side of the line.

Park Kraken
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:17:30 AM
Oh yes, Shadow droids, Dark Empire toys, with the human pilot brains imbued with the Dark Side, and resting in juice jars, etc, piloting the droid platforms, starfighters, withg weapons, and communicating 100001110101010101, or binary code, etc.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:21:00 AM
Yuuzhan Vong != something we prefer to have on these boards

DarthHERA
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:52:05 AM
prefer, or prefer not?

Naj Arilov
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:16:43 AM
!= Means 'not equal' :)

ReaperFett
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:48:52 AM
Yeah, people flat out ignore them, refuse to RP with them and in the end this drives posters away. Best to avoid, in order to avoid this blacklisting.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:07:26 PM
Actually, in the X-Wing series, Ton Phanan was allergic to bacta, which was why he had so many prosthetics. But that's off topic.

I imagine that grafting a robotic limb to a person would not be too hard. You would just have to line up the nerves with the parts of the robotic limb that allowed for electricity to flow, and then the robot limb would act like a natural one.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:23:34 PM
Like Luke's hand. Prostetics (can't spell :x) are quite 'realistic' looking in Star Wars at the point we RP in. Synflesh, even feeling and touch were restored to Luke at the end of ESB. That's why he said "ouch" when the doc droid poked his new palm.

Park Kraken
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:37:24 PM
Doc Droid? You mean Emdee Droid!
Hey, Balmorran Empire people! Do SD-8, and SD-9 War Droids use Human parts or Brains?