PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Revolutions does something different for it's release

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:46:19 PM
Basically, it's being released at the same time EVERYWHERE on November 5th.

LA - 6AM
NY - 9AM
London - 2PM
Moscow - 5PM
Tokyo - 11PM

They reckon this will cut down on piracy. And hey, good luck to 'em, it sure is different :)

JMK
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:49:26 PM
Good idea. It certainly can't hurt to try it. It may cut down on piracy but it won't stop bootleggers from eventually making copies.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:21:15 PM
2PM? Well, if that's a week day, there will be quite a few people "ill", I imagine.

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:49:56 PM
It's a Wednesday I believe.

And I saw Reloaded at 11AM on a weekday :)

Figrin D'an
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:00:11 PM
I suppose that's one way to make it equitible for everyone.

I don't know about getting up for a 6 AM film, though. That would be sucktacular for LA people. What about in Alaska and Hawaii? 2 AM movie, baby! ;)

I'll wait for the weekend... I'm in no hurry.

JMK
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:06:22 PM
Aren't people still awake from partying at 6am in L.A.?

Dutchy
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:12:44 PM
Source?

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:29:02 PM
Teletext.

EDIT -

http://www.matrixfans.net/thematrix3/images/posters/rv_poster_smith.jpg

http://www.matrixfans.net/thematrix3/images/posters/rv_poster_apu.jpg (Why is this poster called Apu?)

http://www.matrixfans.net/thematrix3/images/posters/rv_poster_morph.jpg

http://www.matrixfans.net/thematrix3/images/posters/rv_poster_neo.jpg

Unlike the GAP-style rubbish from Reloaded, these ones look good.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:41:47 PM
Awesome.

I'll see it opening day / the day after- it doesn't matter.

I've watched the new trailer several times, and was it my imagination...

Or is Neo getting owned like a little b****? And not by Smith.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:04:47 PM
I am firmly waiting for video on this one. Reloaded was so bad that I refuse to give more money to this franchise than I have to.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:30:07 PM
same here, it wasn't worth paying as much as I did...yeah some parts were good but I was bored through most of it....

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:38:32 AM
I got bored through TTT, doesn't mean I'd miss ROTK :)

Jinn Fizz
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:26:21 AM
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who didn't like Reloaded. The Matrix is one of my all-time favorite movies, and Reloaded was a huge disappointment for me...I was so utterly and completely bored through the first 20-30 minutes that had I been watching it at home on TV, I would have changed the channel, and I thought the rest of it was a total mess.

I don't know about Revolutions...I may see it, and I may not. I feel absolutely no enthusiasm for it whatsoever. If I do see it, it won't be on opening weekend. I'll wait 2 or 3 weeks.

JMK
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:58:35 AM
I'm glad I went "the right" way about watching Reloaded. I went in expecting an action movie with technobabble and fake philosophy talk which no on earth (including the Wachoski's) understands. So I enjoyed the effects and the fight sequences and left with very little story developement. Neo: stronger. Smith: stronger. Zion: In big trouble. I basically ignored the rest and am going to do the same for Revolutions. I'll watch to see Neo and friends whip some agents and to see what happens to Zion. All this technobabble and pseudo-philosophy crap I will let roll off my back. If I want that I'll read a book.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 16th, 2003, 11:50:19 AM
Lets hope theres less philosophy then Reloaded this time around.
Looks like it has more action then the last one.

Dutchy
Oct 16th, 2003, 12:02:30 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I got bored through TTT

I already got bored through FotR, and didn't even bother about seeing TTT. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 16th, 2003, 12:07:47 PM
The Smith poster looks awesome. I'm actually looking forward to it, despite the bitter taste Reloaded has left.

Sanis Prent
Oct 16th, 2003, 07:28:29 PM
Reloaded was not as good as the first one, true. It was better than my expectations though, so I kind of enjoyed it.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:59:11 AM
The probelm to me is that with better editing, Reloaded could have been a good deal better. The rave / orgy for example went too damn long... I GOT THE POINT ALREADY! And every bloody fight, again too long and drawn out. Some sharp editing would have tidied up the film and not allowed it to become boring.

I understand the DVD isnt going down too well as well - so there's little doubt to me Revolutions wont do as well at the Box Office.

I also very much doubt bootlegging (ITS. NOT. PIRATING. ) is the big problem it's made out to be. In this day, there should be no excuse for simulaneous release anyway. Glad to see it happen.

Darth Viscera
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:47:21 PM
Can someone point me to a place where I can get frame-by-frame insights on the Revolutions theatrical trailer?

ReaperFett
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:41:23 AM
Marcus, about the DVD:

Matrix Reloaded Over 4 Million On Day One
95% Of the Sales Are DVDs

October 17, 2003
While it is not a record, The Matrix Reloaded videos performed extremely well during their first day on sale, moving a combined 4 million DVDs and VHS tapes. According to industry sources cited in the Hollywood Reporter, the 2-disk DVD accounted for 95% of the sales. The first film in the Matrix series was an early hit in the DVD format back in September of 1999 when it became the first DVD to sell over a million copies, so it makes perfect sense for the DVD edition of the next Matrix film to dominate the VHS version so completely in today's market. The Matrix Reloaded DVD also benefited from an extensive television ad campaign, which was tied in with the November release of the final film in the trilogy, Matrix Revolutions. The question is, did the marketing campaign drive almost all the Matrix fans out to buy the DVD on the first day of sale, and could this mean that sales will drop off sharply? Time will tell, but there is no doubt that The Matrix Reloaded performed very well right out of the gate in the face of considerable competition, including the first DVD edition of Disney's mega-hit, The Lion King, which has sold more than 5 million units over its first week of release.

http://icv2.com/articles/home/3709.html

Sejah Haversh
Oct 24th, 2003, 11:55:19 PM
Well, I won the chance to see Revolutions FOR FREE a few hours before the regular release up here. And I get FREE popcorn and FREE pop! Ha-Ha! I get to see it without contributing a dime to it! I have a loophole!

AND I might be able to win a new motherboard and processor (P4 3.4 GHz) or a new pocket PC (Ipaq 5555). So, yes, I am excited. I really want a new motherboard and processor, or a new pocket pc. And I like popcorn and soda, and the added bonus of watching colored lights on a screen for two hours is acceptable too.

Darth Viscera
Oct 25th, 2003, 06:29:40 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Can someone point me to a place where I can get frame-by-frame insights on the Revolutions theatrical trailer?

Is that a no?