PDA

View Full Version : Please, go easy on me.

Jandor
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:13:22 AM
I'm looking to start a bounty hunter character.
Of course, being me, he has to be different.

Human genetic-experimaental accident, of course.

Double human lifespan (although its not proportional, his childhood and old age is still normal length, he just gets to be young for much longer).

Can teleport over extremely short distances (like nightcrawler, with all the same limitations, i.e. line of sight rule).
This can be forcibley blocked entireley (temporarily that is) by someone of sufficient force ability.

Is trainned in gunslinging, martial arts and swordsmanship; he's a ("high class") hitman/bounty hunter by trade.

Is generaly very weak against ALL kind of force attacks.

Is weaker then a typical human against physical damage (bones are a little more brittle then normal and he's haemaphilic).

Leten Snat
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:37:42 AM
I think the Teleportation part is a little far feched, that is unless you can explane HOW scienctificaly a human could be givin the power of teleportation...

But other than that I have no troubles...

Preacher Blake
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:51:29 AM
<center><font size=7><font color=ff0000>ACES!
ANOTHER CHARACTER CREATION THREAD FROM DARKNIGHT!</font></font></center>

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:15:38 AM
Well, you said different, right? Well, I hate to say it, but you're sounding pretty dang cliche here.

Any species with a longer lifespan shouls age as naturally as those with a shorter one. It makes no physucal sense to remain at one age longer than another, and it would be nearly impossible to do so without gene therapy.

Also, for crying out loud, do ALL bounty hunters have to be weapons experts? I mean, really, if you were classically trained with weapons, odds are that you'd learn respect and honor, and probably go on to a more noble trade. That, and how often do you really get to use said skills? I think that in an era of such tecnology, the power over information and computer systems would be far more useful than the ability to shoot straight or swing a sword.

Congratulations on giving yourself a weakness, though somehow a martial artist with weak bones doesnt really make sense by me, but perhaps I'm a little too rational.

Oh, and in the immortal words of Uncle, "One more thing." Human experimental accident? Don't accidents usually get terminated as to keep the creator form having to raise a flawed product? And, who is doing all these experiments? I thought the local Mad Scientists 407 Union was shut down a few years back.

If you want to be different, try being a bounty hunter who didn't have a grand background, doesn't have amazing powers, and often suffers from a common cold or something. I'll tell you what, that would eb a lot more interesting to read.

Jandor
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:18:03 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
But at the end of the day it's all about having fun now isn't it?
(and besides, almost every time I don't actually get to make the character!)

Lifespan, yeah, okay, the proportions are all the same as well.

And yeah, teleportation.
A force based ability (geneticly programmed biology and behaviour) which disassosiates his particles into an energy pattern which is shifted into a higher phases frequency (hyper/subspace, whatever you wanna call it).

The energy moves across this plane (in which the distances and time passage are not the same to ours so it gets to its destination "faster then light") with the force and reconstitutes at it's destination and re-phases.

The side chemical effects of this are the wispy smokey things in both the depart and destination.

The whole martial art with weak bones is so that he can STOP other people from braking him so easily.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:20:53 AM
Hmm, that reminds me of something, but I'll be BAMF-ed if I can't remember who it is...

Charley
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:22:39 AM
Stop making new characters or I will shoot you in the face with a bazooka.

Jandor
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:22:58 AM
Ugg.
Fine.

Infact, maybe I should start looking for a new forum.

Charley
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:25:55 AM
Ok.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:26:01 AM
I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist that last one. You have to admit you set yourself up for it pretty well, and I'd be a fool not to go for the funny.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:40:20 AM
Originally posted by J'ktal Anajii
Hmm, that reminds me of something, but I'll be BAMF-ed if I can't remember who it is...

Adjerban the Interloper is already doing the teleporting thing.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:52:57 AM
I was actually thinking more of Kurt Wagner, AKA Nightcrawler, but, thanks for bringing him up, too, Das.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:55:21 AM
oh btw another thing

Is trainned in gunslinging, martial arts and swordsmanship

those are all very different disciplines requiring a lot of practice. it would probabyl be best if you picked one and stuck with it instead of trying to spread out skill across them all.

Lance Freestar
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:11:39 AM
Don't listen to Charley, create as many characters as you want.
He lives in the Matrix. If he shoots you in the face with a bazooker, then shoot him back with a RPG.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:22:11 AM
Yes, those teflon-coated Final Fantasies can be deady, man.

Charley
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:22:23 AM
Originally posted by Lance Freestar
Don't listen to Charley, create as many characters as you want.
He lives in the Matrix. If he shoots you in the face with a bazooker, then shoot him back with a RPG.

Shut up.

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:30:09 AM
No offense meant, but what is wrong with all of your other characters? Why a new one so soon?

Nieheine
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:28:33 PM
Do whatever is in line with swfans and have fun - thats what it's all about. Just don't take on too much that you can't handle ;) you'll drive yourself nuts.

Xela Oxralad
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:42:22 PM
You guys should proably be a bit nicer.
So what if he hasn't found a hcaracter he realy clicks with yet?

Charley
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:51:12 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Xela. We'll get back to you with the results.

Ryan Pode
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:56:36 PM
Just go with the character... I've had really like two characters for... three, nearly four years...

Zasz Grimm
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:20:13 PM
I've had this character since I've started roleplaying.

Stick to your other characters.

I side with Charley 100%

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:33:53 PM
I don't need a "siding with" war breaking out in this thread.

Charley
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:55:03 PM
(Sides with LD on this one)

:cool

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:00:38 AM
*sides with self*

Hey, come to think of it, I was an "Human experimental accident," though I think it involved a bearskin rug, some opera on tv and nine months of cursing.

But hey, go for it.

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:41:28 AM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Stop making new characters or I will shoot you in the face with a bazooka.
Scared he'll catch up with you? ;)

Seriously, what you should try to do is have as few characters as you can. Most the people here have more than one for variety. I used to stick to one, now I have three non-plot characters. The key really is think what areas you'd like to try. If you want to be a Jedi, a Sith and a Bounty Hunter, then make three characters and stop there. If a character gets uninteresting, you can always take him on a new direction.

I don't think your powers aren't so bad either. You're just trying to be unique, which I try with all my characters. You also have both plus and nagative abilities which makes it fairer. All I'd say is that maybe the teleport ability is a bit far fetched, but I dunno. Others have done similar before.

Lance Freestar
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:18:26 AM
I have...1, 2, 3, 4, active characters, and 1, 2, 3, 4? In-active characters. At the most you should have 3 to 4 characters. Any more beyond that, and they become hard to manage, and keep up with.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:35:30 AM
Depends on how much time you have and how active said characters are :)

Charley
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:08:40 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Scared he'll catch up with you? ;)

When he's around for 4 and a half years, then he can have as many as he wants. I didn't zerg rush this place with new hats. This is a byproduct of time.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:09:51 PM
As for me, Wei is my most active character. I am always getting my RP on as Wei. I have other characters, but I only do stuff with them if I'm stuck on what to do next with Wei's storyline.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:17:45 PM
Thats pretty normal for most people here, Wei.

I have six active characters, although Morgan remains my most active.

Kolya Van-Metzger
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:53:11 PM
I've got one sorta-active character, over at Meras, and this new one, who should be fairly active soon.

and about seven dead accounts, clogging up the boards.

....I'm Teh Lurker.

Rena D'sor
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:33:00 PM
I have 3 REALLY Active Characters, 5 Active Character and 2 that are sorta Dead....

Xela Oxralad
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:06:49 PM
Sorta dead?O_o
As in Zombies?

Rena D'sor
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:44:31 AM
No, just characters that never caught on... I still use then now and then but only really for silly posts.... Not for RPing