PDA

View Full Version : Just sit back, relax, and don't try too hard...(Dae Jinn)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:46:20 PM
Wei was leaning back in a chair at a table for two at the Bar and Grill. He didn't feel like sitting at the bar, and there wasn't a table for one, so he had to settle for a table for two.

Wei was bored. There was nothing to do and no one to talk to. Not to mention a little lonely. Zeke was gone, Kindo was on his homeplanet, Lion and Lance had all but disappeared. Even his wife didn't seem to be around often. It was boring, and a little lonley.

"Not like when I was a Padawan," Wei chuckled wryly. Those were the days. People just sort of happened to him, and the next thing he knew, he was dating Ange, and had more friends than he could imagine.

Then his grandpa's words rang in his ears. Just relax, don't try too hard, and good fortune will just fall into your lap.

Wei half grunted, half laughed. "It never failed in the past. Thanks, Grandpa. You're the best."

Wei let the front legs of his chair touch the floor again, but Wei remained leaned back in the seat, staring at the cieling and waiting for something to happen to him.

Dae Jinn
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:24:22 PM
Alone. And bored.

That was how Daetana Jinn had felt since she had arrived at the Greater Jedi Order. Jeran was "away", as usual. She hadn't seen Scruffy or any of the other Lost in a long while. She felt..out of place. But only a little.

One place she felt more at ease was at Yogs' bar and grill. Her boots made slight tapping noises as she entered, smiling at the guards as they let her pass. It was packed, surprizingly for this time of day, with only a few spots left at the bar.

As she made her way passed Wei's table, one of the more rowdy patrons bumped into her, hard, sending her back onto Wei's lap. The patron got an angry glare, and Wei got a flustered shrug as Dae wrapped an arm around his neck in an attempt to regain some of her balance.

"Uh, hello there."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:46:59 PM
Wei was suddenly snapped from his daydream. "Oh!" Wei said, surprised, and evidently embarassed that a woman was suddenly sitting on his lap.

"Hi. How are you?" Wei asked. His embarassment was fading and he was getting back in stride. He chuckled in his throat. Grandpa had been right. "We make quite a funny scene, no? You just sort of fall out of the sky right into my lap. There's just something comical about it."

Dae Jinn
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:51:40 AM
"I'm...alright I guess. It's not everyday I end up on some strange mans' lap. Well, not lately anyways," She smiled softly, still keeping her arm loosely draped around Wei's neck.

"So...do you come her often, Mr...?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:58:15 AM
Wei laughed. "Oh, that's right. I'm Wei Wu Wei. Most call me Wei. And you are?"

Wei spotted the chair on the other end of the table and kicked it out using some telekinesis, then with a beckoning motion pulled it over next to him with the Force. Then, ever so gently, Wei picked Dae up from his lap and set her in the chair.

That was better. Now things wouldn't be so awkward.

Dae Jinn
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:45:28 PM
"Daetana Jinn. Nice to meet you."

She folded her legs underneath herself, getting comfortable in her own seat.

"So, Mr Wei, I take it you're a Jedi, right?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:59:48 PM
Wei nodded. "It's nice to meet you too." Wei smiled.

"I am indeed a Jedi. And how about you, Daetana? Are you also a Jedi, or merely someone who's stopped in for dinner?"

Wei leaned forward in his seat, putting his elbows up on the table and clasping his hands together.

Dae Jinn
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:28:52 PM
"I'ma Jedi. Sort of. I think." She gave a light shrug. "I just joined the GJO recently and haven't gotten around to settling in."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:19:20 PM
"I see." Wei's brow furrowed as he tried to think up something to say next. "What makes you so unsure that you are a Jedi?" Wei asked. "Surely you can't think that you're not a Jedi simply because you aren't settled in at the LQ or taking classes yet."