PDA

View Full Version : The Wildside: Out of the Temple, into the Barn [complete]

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:49:11 PM
Quay’Na Rakai felt a gentle nudge that brought her out of her relaxing doze. She opened her eyes and looked at her good friend, Mylia Basque, who was beside her on the airbus. “Our stop is coming up, Quay.” She told her with a smile.

Quay’Na nodded and wiped the sleep out of her eyes. It was an hour long ride to where the two were headed. The Coruscant Wildside Animal Refuge.

Wildside was a newly established facility that housed and bred endangered animal species. The two Jedi Padawan’s were in hopes of being selected for a new internship program.

After clearing it with Morgan Evanar, her master. Quay’Na sent in her application via holo-net and soon found herself a lucky participant to go through the selection series, just as Mylia.

Her knowledge and studying of animals had finally paid off. The program only selected twenty interns for a two month volunteer term. Out of those twenty, five would be chosen for a part-time spot as an assistant to a zoologist, while in school and eventually be considered for a full-time position, if the participant chose to.

Quay’Na yawned and stretched as the sun began to peek up from between the cold steel of Coruscant. The steel ended for rather short time and in it's midst was a wide open grassy area that was electronically fenced in.

The air bus stopped. "Wideside!" The driver announced and several partrons exited. Quay'Na and Mylia along with them.

Quay'Na took a deep breath of the fresh air, it was like another world out here.

Several males and females stood around a large iron gate that led to the facilty, but it was locked.

"Well, we are a bit early.' Quay'Na commented to her friend, as she glanced through the opening. The facilty was large and domed. "This is going to be so neat. Just imagine the different animals we'll be able to study and work with."

Lady Mylia
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:27:21 AM
Mylia was just as excited as Quay. When Quay had told her about this position, she thought it was a terrific oppertunity to use and enchane her skills, the same with Quay.

Mylia was dressed in a comfy pair of black pants and a white oversized shirt. She didn't feel that her padawan attire would be appropiate for such an ocassion.

Mylia smiled over to Quay as they stepped off the airbus. "This will be fun, it'll be a big help with our studies." Mylia couldn't wait to begin, niether could some of the others.

Mylia and Quay stood together talking between themselves as they waited. She noticed some of the others looking at them giving them strange looks. Mylia looked down at herself, her robe. She hadn't even thought about it. Once people saw a robe of her kind they automatically assumed Jedi. Which in this case they were correct. Mylia sighed she wished her was able to telepathicly communicate with Quay at the momment, but circumstances out of her control prevented that. She sighed again. This was going to be an interesting adventure.[/i]

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:42:59 PM
Quay'Na tried not to take notice to many of the stares they were getting. It was perhaps not because of her own choice of clothing; a t-shirt and blue jeans, but her lightsabre that hung on her belt. Now, with a death threat over her head, she would always carry it.

"Yes, today is a big day for us and everyone here. I wonder where they'll have us start?" She was so glad that Morgan was allowing her to do this, her life was finally starting to get back on track again, finally.

She had a new master, a new boyfriend and now a new job, things couldn't be better.

Lady Mylia
Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:44:25 PM
Mylia shrugged. "I have no idea. Probably just doing paperwork and stuff I would think, just the easy stuff." She looked around at everyone else, feeling very uncomfortable. She sighed again. "All I know is that this is going to be interesting."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:03:07 PM
A dark-skinned girl came up to them with a smirk. "Since when does the Great Jedi let their kids roam free in the outlands...alone?"

Quay'Na looked at her and shrugged. "We can pretty much go where we like." She extended at hand in a friendly gesture. "Quay'Na Rakai, Padawan Learner."

The girl shrugged her off. "Don't bother." And walked off.

"Well, that wasn't very nice." Quay'Na said to Mylia as she turned to see a man in a zebra stripped bus coming towards them.

"Well, looks like we're about to find out what we're going to do."

Lady Mylia
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:05:35 AM
Mylia had half a mind to tell the girl how it was. With a glare and an eye roll she turned her attention back to Quay. "It wasn't very nice at all, some people just don't know how to be polite." As the man walked up to the group they all hushed and listened to him.

He was a tall man with dark hair. He looked like someone who would demand respect and if it wasn't received he would force respect out of you. He came closer and began to talk to them.

"I'm Dr. Ian Trovey. I will be your boss here at The Wildside Animal Shelter. First thing we need to do is get all of your paperwork in order. We took all the information from your resume and put into an info card, if you follow me we can get started on the info card and then get you into our computer system."

Dr. Trovey turned and walked, the group followed. Several people pushed past Quay and Mylia. Mylia sighed and looked to Quay.

"Oh, this is going to be interesting to say the least."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 3rd, 2003, 05:28:08 PM
Some people just didn't like Jedi, even in the simpliest situations. But no matter, Quay'Na was here to learn and stay out of trouble. She had promised her master that, but for some reason trouble seemed to be very attracted to the young Padawan.

Quay'Na couldn't help being who she was and if people couldn't accept that then that was their loss.

Dr. Trovey stood back as he let his pack of newbies get on the bus. "Take a seat, take a seat." He smiled.

Quay'Na and Mylia sat down in a seat near the front as Dr. Trovey got on board. "I have a list of names here, so when I call it, please let me know you're here. Allan Mitizi..."

The two Padawans answered happily when their names were called and once the good doctor was finished he jumped into the drivers seat and got the vehical going towards the welcoming center.

It was huge as Ian showed his new participants in. In the center of the main lobby was a hugh cage with several species of different colored birds.

"And all of you will get the pleasure of going in there and cleaning up after them each day." Ian smiled as he led the group into a large conference room. "Now, if you'll please all take a seat."

Quay'Na smiled as she saw the birds and whispered to Mylia. "Perhaps, Miss Polite will be the first to go in." She snickered slightly as they entered the conference room and took a seat near the front.

Lady Mylia
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:37:10 PM
Mylia listened to Dr. Trovey and nodded as he spoke. She looked at th birds in awe. Now that she has gone farther into her training with animals she can control the thoughts and commotion made by the animals that used to cloud her mind.

She looked to Quay as she made her remark. "Would that be nice, but you know it never works out that way." She said as she took a seat next to Quay in the conference room.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:35:31 AM
A new blonde-haired man walked in and up to Dr. Trovey, he was obviously another zoologist. He talked quietly for a few more moments as Ian handed him the clipboard and they both looked over it.

After a few more moments, the new man walked up to the podium. "Hello, I'm Dr. Raven Greer. I'll be the showing you the grounds today and giving you all your apptitude test. As you know only twenty of you will be selected this week for our volunteer program and there is forty-five of you here today. The selection at the end of hte first week will be a very hard one. But, it's the only way that we can weed out those who truly wants to work with us. And we need to also know the knowledge each of you hold, this is an internship not a playground. " He stopped as there was slightly rumble going around the room.

"The second step of the week is how well you participate in the jobs your given to you, you will all be divided into groups and each group will be given one barn. We have six housing barns out their with twenty stalls. Each group will be judged on participation and cleaniliness of their barn. Sabotage between barns or individuals is highly illegal and you will be dismissed upon doing so. You will be watched, we do have a lot of credit going into this facility and we are not in the mood to deal with troublemakers."

He stopped again and then sighed. "Okay, now that we have that clear, are there any questions?"

Lady Mylia
Oct 4th, 2003, 04:07:35 PM
Mylia shook her head but some of the other students raised their hand's. Dr. Greer pointed to the darker skinned girl first. "Dr. Greer, I'm Urma D'Nifiti, daughter of Dr. Vivian D'Nifiti head zoologist of the Corusant University Zoology program. " She said as she stood up. "I'm a third year zoologist student at the West Corusant University. Before this I was a intern with many of my professor's and from my experience force users have had a negitive influence on the animals, what is your feeling on force users interacting with your animals?" She looked over at Mylia and Quay as she asked her question.

Mylia passed Quay a side glance. "This is just perfect." She whispered to Quay.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 4th, 2003, 04:28:54 PM
Dr. Greer waited until Urma was finished. He looked back at Dr. Trovey as well, who was already on his way up to the podium.

Stepping back, Ian took over. "Miss D'Nifiti, we haven't a problem with Force users. In fact, I have a good friend who's in the Temple, Jedi Master Morgan Evanar. And yes, we've gone over our participants back grounds very well and if there are any Force-users out there, they are here because they belong here. Thank-you, Miss D'Nifiti." He smiled as he stepped back and allowed the podium back to Dr. Greer.

Quay'Na smiled at a smirking Urma as she sat back down. "Seems we've made one friend already.' She whispered to Mylia. "We'll have to keep our eyes on that one."

Lady Mylia
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:44:16 AM
Mylia smiled with satisfaction as Dr. Trovey answered her question. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Urma glaring over at them. She looked to Quay with a nod. "I agree. That one is going to give us trouble, I can sense it already."

After that a few more pointless questions were asked and after all the questions were done the Doctors began passing out datapads so the interns could fill in all their information.

Quay and Mylia began to fill out all their information. Once they were done Mylia looked around at everyone. "Man, I hope that this works out."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2003, 07:34:46 PM
"I'm sure it will, Mylia. Hopefully, Miss D'Nifiti isn't in our barn. That could be a challenge if she is."

Ian went back up to the podium once all the datapads were completed and handed in. "Ok, now if everyone would please move at least one chair over, we'll begin the testing.

"Good luck." Quay'Na smiled at her friend as she moved over and received a new datapad. Two-hundred questions!!

The room grew silent as the testing began...

Lady Mylia
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:30:43 PM
Mylia nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I'm always up for a good challenge, but I have a feeling no matter how hard we try the challenge will never get easier or go away." Mylia quieted as the tests were passed out. "You too." She whispered as she began to fill in the questions.

190 multiple choice questions, 10 short-essay questions, and two hours later...

Mylia raised her hand and one of the assistants came and collected her datapads. Now came the wait. Mylia left the conference room and went into large cafeteria to wait for the results. It wouldn't be to long, but it was still a wait. Mylia found an empty table and took a seat. She pulled a small bag out of her side pouch and pulled some fruit from that bag, she sat and took a bite, waiting for the Quay and the results.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:27:03 PM
Being more explicite than she probably needed to be the essay questions took her a bit more time. Happy with her test, she held up her hand and soon was walking into the cafeteria and looking for her friend.

With a smile, she sat down across from her. "Well, that was refreshing. Some of those questions were rather tricky. How do you think you did?"

No more had Quay'Na gotten the words out of her mouth, Urma sat down at their table.

"So, tell me have the two of you gone to any of the colleges around here to be taught real schooling like the rest of us?" Her voice was cold.

Quay'Na nodded. "The Temple is more than a college, Miss D'Nifiti. So, in my opinion, yes. We've taken several classes."

She looked at Mylia. "So, what makes you think you can make it here? I thought Jedi were supposed to fight crime out on the streets, not cleaning up after animals in a barn."

Lady Mylia
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:47:10 PM
Mylia was about to answer Quay with Urma came up. Her smile towards her friend turned into a frown and as Urma kept talking, it turned into a glare.

She was just about to give Urma a piece of her mind when her Master's words echoed in her head. She sighed. "Well obvisiously we are just as quilified as someone with years of studying considering we got thus far, I mean... how many people do you think originally applied?" She rolled her eyes and turned back to Quay. "To answer your question, I found the test rather refreshing. After my classes and studying in the archives, this test was sort of a review."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:15:13 PM
Quay'Na stifled a laugh at Mylia's quick come back, she definitely had her there. "Yes, I agree."

Urma glared at the both of them. "The bookwork may come easy, Jedi. But, you'll never last in the barns. See ya around...maybe."
She stood and walked off in a huff.

Quay'Na raised an eyebrow. "Yep, I think she's going to be trouble."

Lady Mylia
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:23:43 PM
Mylia couldn't help but laugh. "If she only knew..." She shook her head. "I've done my fair share of training, and I know you've done more than your fair share..." Mylia shook her head again. "We're going to have to keep a very close eye on her."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:29:42 PM
"Those barns will be nothing but childs play to us and she thinks she has us. Ha! What little does she know." Quay'Na smiled.

Lady Mylia
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:03:00 AM
Mylia nodded. "Exactly. But anyway, I hope we found out about our tests soon. The anticipation is killing me."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:51:04 PM
"No doubt." Quay'Na agreed.

The tension that was soon filling the room, could be cut with a knife. Many of the interns looked...well, sick with worry.

Finally another hour later, Ian and Raven entered with a stack of datasheets tucked under their arms.

Dr. Raven Greer began. "All of the tests have been handed in and gone over. Seventeen of you will be proceeding to the next step."

Ian stepped up. "The datasheets will let you know who is continuing and who will be leaving the internship. But, don't worry another internship will be posted next year. Once, you've received your test results we have a bus waiting out back for you to begin the tour of the outer world of Wildside that you'll be going into."

The two doctors began handing out data sheets. Quay'Na received hers and sighed in relief, she'd gotten 100%. All that extra studying had paid off.

Lady Mylia
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:31:27 AM
Mylia waited a moment, in fear. She knew she wasn't going to do that well. Even though she had been studying animals and such for over 2 months now, it was nothing compared to some people.

She took her test and flipped it over slowly.

98%!!!

She had only missed two question! What a relief. She went leaned over the table to Quay and gave her a hug. "I got a 98! I just made it!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:09:58 AM
Quay'Na smiled brightly. "I had no doubt in my mind that you wouldn't." She looked over towards Urma, who had a satisfyied grin on her face and casually lifted her paper for Quay'Na to see.

She got a 96%.

"Seems Urma is still in the running, I wonder what the cut off was?" The Padawan answered with a mock grin and casually showed her paper to Urma.

Quay'Na stifled a laugh as she received a not-so-kind glare from the college student. Even though she knew her Master would frown on it, he wasn't here.

She straightened her composure and stood with the rest of the group as Ian led them out the back glass double doors and onto another awaiting bus.

Quay'Na and Mylia took their seats and low and behold who sat right behind them...Urma and one of her friends.

"This should be good." Quay'Na whispered.

The tour was about to begin...and an interesting tour it would be.

Lady Mylia
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:39:47 PM
Mylia shook her head with a laugh. "Some people never learn do they?" She said not even bothering to acknowledge Urma enough to show her Mylia's test.

Mylia sat down with Quay and listened to the Doctors as they spoke. She nodded to Quay and turned back to listen.

They began giving the tour of the of the facilities. The pointed out each building and what went on it there. The one they put the most emphasis one was the barns. Where they would be spending most of their time. After the tour the bus went back into a small confernce room where barn assignments were being passed out by other assistents. Mylia and Quay waited in line for their's when they recieved them a frown fell onto her face as she pointed out one specific name in their barn: Urma.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:57:30 PM
"I must ask myself if I'm really and truly surprised by this." Quay'Na said as she saw the name. "It figures."

She looked at Mylia. "I suppose, that this is another test of our Jedi skills? One I bet, we must master with flying colors."

Lady Mylia
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:37:07 PM
Mylia nodded it agreement. "We are going to have to be careful with this one. I don't think Master Dasquian would be to thrilled if we had to have another discussion on my diplomatic skills."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:24:14 PM
"I don't think my new master was too impressed either, so I need to start watching what I say and how I say it." Quay'Na said with a smile as she looked over at Urma who had obviously just found out who she was put with and went straight to Dr. Ian Trovey. She was talking quickly and pointing towards her paper.

Ian looked like he was arguing back with her and kept shaking his head, finally he just walked away and Urma looked at the two Padawans and glared at them.

"Eww," Quay'Na smiled. "That didn't go over too good."

Lady Mylia
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:00:05 PM
Mylia shook her head. "I would say not..." She shrugged. "From now on I'm just gonna be as nice to her as I possibly can."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:04:16 PM
"Probably wouldn't be a bad idea." Quay'Na agreed quietly as she looked away and sighed.

Lady Mylia
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:49:23 AM
Mylia looked at her chrono. "Oh my goodness, we've been here for 5 hours already. Our first day is almost up. Only an hour and a half left to go. I wonder what they will have us do now?"

Even before Mylia had a change to end her sentence, Dr. Trovey stood before them and began to tell them what was next. "We will be going to the barns now, we will run through all the prodecures you will need to know for tomorrow morning. So, let's go back to the buses." There were some sighes from some of the other new interns as they walked back towards the bus. Mylia looked to Quay with a smile and a shake of her head. "I wonder if some people will be able to hack it?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:03:39 PM
"It's hard telling," Quay'Na answered as she stepped back on the bus. "I can't wait actually."

Lady Mylia
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:02:56 PM
"Me either. It's going to be awesomen." They took a seat on the bus in the second seat back, this time Urma sat right besides them as they were instructed to sit by barn teams. She glared at the two padawans the whole time. "This is going to get very old.." She whispered before the Doctors started speaking.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 11th, 2003, 06:14:17 AM
Quay'N agreed silently and then looked over at Urma. "Miss, I know you're not happy with the situation at hand, but it seems that there is little we can do, so why don't we attempt to make the best of it? We are all here to learn, so why don't we?"

"In your dreams, Jedi. A little mind manipulation here, a little moving things there and you're be on someone's good side. I know your powers, you're not pulling anything over my eyes."

So, that was it.

"We don't use our powers to make our lives easier..."

"Just leave me alone, Jedi!" She said angrily and turned her head.

Quay shrugged and looked at Mylia. "I wonder if everyone thinks that about us?"

Lady Mylia
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:37:35 AM
Mylia shrugged. "If so there is nothing we can do about it." She rolled her eyes. "Oh well, all I know is that this is going very hard."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 11th, 2003, 07:48:25 PM
"As I've been told many times before, 'a Jedi's life is never an easy one'. How many times have you heard that one?" Quay'Na asked.

Dr. Trovey got up from his seat and took a seat in front of the wo Padawan's, then turned around. "Hello, Quay'Na, Mylia. I wanted to talk to you for a moment. I spoke with your Master, Quay'Na and he was very happy to see you had quite an interest with us." He looked at Mylia. "Tomorrow I'll be contacting your Master as well...Master...Bel...something. What was it again?"

Lady Mylia
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:53:07 PM
Mylia laughed and nodded. "I've heard that one a mil...." She was cut of by Dr. Trovey and she smiled to him. She listened while he spoke with Quay. When he addressed her she laughed. "Master Belargic." She answered with a smile.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:42:26 PM
Ian nodded. "Yes, Belargic... I'm not real good with names, except when it comes to Jedi. But then again, I can't even say that now." He chuckled. "I've been really good friends with Master Evanar for quite sometime and now to have his apprentice here along with another apprentice is more than an honor. I'm so glad that the two of you decided to join our team and know that I will do my best to work around your schedules."

Ian was beaming and Quay'Na could almost feel Urma's glare, without even looking. The doctor wa sspeaking a bit too loudly.

"Morgan has told me of your Force powers with animals, both of you and I've been talking alot to Raven and we would like you to show us exactly what it is that you do. That is, if you wouldn't mind."

Quay'Na shrugged. "I'd be glad too, Dr. Trovey. Anytime."

Lady Mylia
Oct 12th, 2003, 11:22:12 AM
Mylia nodded. "Yeah, but Quay is so much better at it. I'm fairly new to all of it, I still stuggle often." Mylia side-glanced over to Urma. Her eyes were red with fire. Mylia sighed and tried to send soothing messages to her through the force.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:21:20 PM
Quay'Na kept her eyes on Ian the entire time, she didn't even try to look at Urma.

Ian smiled at the both of them. "I'd very much appreciate it...in fact tomorrow morning instead of going to the barns I would like it if the two of you can join Raven and I on our rounds. There is so much we want to learn from you."

Quay'Na smiled sweetly. Oh boy, that did it...

"Sure, whatever you'd like, Dr. Trovey."

"Good, first thing in the morning come to my office in the welcoming center." He smiled.

Lady Mylia
Oct 13th, 2003, 08:59:53 PM
Mylia's eyes widened. She felt a shark sting in the force. Anger, rage. She looked over to Urma, she eyes were blood red and it looked as if steam was about to erupt from her ears. Mylia closed her eyes and took a deep breath, what would happen next wasn't going to be pretty. Urma stood up, banging her feet as she did so. "Dr. Trovey, do you really thing that's fair to the rest of us? I mean, they shouldn't be reached any differently than the non-force users here. I mean, I-we have just as much skill as they do."[b] Dr. Trovey just brushed her off. "That's none of your business, young lady. I don't appreciate you ease-dropping on my personal conversations. Now, re-take your seat." Urma stomped a few seats back and huffed and buffed the whole way. [b]"You can bet my mother will hear about this." She said under her breath.

Mylia looked to Quay with wide eyes. She sighed again. "Oh, my..."

Dr. Trovey just shrugged it off and smiled to them. "See you bright and early tomorrow morning."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 14th, 2003, 04:04:23 AM
This was gaining them no points with Urma or anyone else for that matter.

"Perhaps, she's right, Dr. Trovey. Maybe we should start out in the barns like everyone else." She said as she tried to ease the growing situation.

"Nonsense," he told her flatly. "You'll have your time in the barns, but tomorrow you shall come with us."

Quay'Na could feel the tension rising behind them and ran a hand through her hair as the bus stopped outside the barns. "Here we are, step carefully." He told them as he got off, Quay'Na and Mylia stood, but were pushed and shoved by rudely.

"This isn't exactly the way I wanted to start off." Quay'Na told Mylia as finally being the last two, stepped off the bus.

Lady Mylia
Oct 14th, 2003, 04:31:25 AM
Mylia shrugged. "I know, but there isn't much we can do about it now, we just have to try and make the best of it." She said as the Doctors led them to the barns.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:53:08 AM
The rest of the morning was spent walking through each of the six barns, decidedly the groups were re-assigned so that there were two groups of six and one group o five and each group was responsible for two barns.

Quay'Na and Mylia were both in the same group along with four others, including Urma.

The Padawan listened intently to what was to be done every morning, take some of the animals to holding pens or the pasture, clean their stalls, bring in fresh hay and straw...the things went on and on. It would be a lot of work, but it was well worth the time and effort.

On Wednesdays, straw and hay would be shipped in and it was everyone's responsibility to unload the hover trucks and stack it in the feed barns.

"Doesn't sound too hard." Quay'Na noted to Mylia. "Definitely, get our workouts there."

Lady Mylia
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:45:28 AM
Mylia nodded in agreement. "Yes, we certainly do."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:17:47 AM
Shortly before noon, Dr. Trovey took his group back up to the main center. Where a nice lunch was already prepared for them, buffet-style.

It included a salad, two kinds of soups, several selections of meats and cheeses for sandwiches, chips, fruit and a wide variety of canned fizz-pops.

Ian walked up to Quay'Na and Mylia. "I would really enjoy it, if the two of you would join me and Raven at our table." I believe, we have much to talk about."

Quay'Na was in the middle of making herself a cheese sandwich when he came up to them. She looked at Mylia and decided, she could make the decision this time.

Lady Mylia
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:06:11 PM
Mylia looked to Quay before giving her answer to Ian. She shrugged slightly. "Yeah, I think that sounds nice."

Ian smiled and nodded and walked away.

Mylia gave Quay a fearful look. "Oh Sith! This is going to suck when Urma finds out." Mylia said as they finished up making their lunches and went over towards Ian's table.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:43:54 AM
Quay'Na nodded in agreement as she followed Mylia to the doctor's table and he greeted them.

"Have a seat, ladies." Ian beamed.

The two sat down. Already, Quay'Na could feel the stares and the angry brewing somewhere behind her.

Raven smiled. "Ian tells me that the two of you are going to be joining us in the morning on our rounds. It should make our morning very interesting to say the least." He told them as he opened his bag of chips.

Ian smiled. "Tell us what exactly it is that you do.'

Quay'Na took a bite from her sandwich, chewed and swallowed. "Well, we can telepathcially communicate with animals, Mylia can do the same. I can also control and heal them. It's been my main function as a Jedi."

Ian and Raven were beaming even more. Raven looked at Mylia. "And you can do this too?"

Lady Mylia
Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:38:59 PM
Mylia shrugged. "I can do some of it, nothing to the extent of Quay, though. I have just recently started training with animals, like she said, I can telepathiclly communicate with them, so far."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:06:11 PM
Raven looked at Quay'Na. "How well can you control animals?"

"Usually, very well. I rarely have any problems. But, there are occasions. Normally, it's just a matter of communication."

"That is excellent, Quay'Na and Mylia. I will really be looking forward to wroking with you." Raven beamed at them.

Quay'Na merely smiled and crunched on a chip.

Lady Mylia
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:39:39 AM
Mylia smiled. "Thanks, and we look foward to working with you and the animals as well."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 26th, 2003, 07:45:36 PM
Just as Ian was about to say something, a call came over his comm. "Yes, what is it?"

"Dr. Trovey, I think you and Dr. Greer need to come to barn five. Tessin's having problems with birthing." A rather concerned voice said.

"Ok, Ross, we're on our way." Ian said as he and Raven quickly stood and then looked at Quay'Na and Mylia. "You come too, we may need your expertise."

The two Padawan's nodded and quickly exited with the two doctors.

Lady Mylia
Oct 27th, 2003, 02:13:18 PM
Mylia looked to Quay with a smile. "Wow..." She whispered as they followed the doctors to the barns. As they left she felt the glares burning into their backs. Things were starting out pretty rocky with their possible co-workers.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 29th, 2003, 07:52:29 PM
Ian and Raven hurried out one of the back door, with the Padawan's in tow. They jumped into a small speeder and rushed out to barn five.

"Come with us, Ladies." Ian instructed as he led them into the barn. A loud grizzy roar could be heard as they entered.

"What exactly is this that is giving birth?" Quay'Na asked as they made their way closer to the stall.

"A Hrumph." Raven answered.

Quay stopped for a second. "A Hrumph?" Hrumph's were powerful, thick-necked herbivores, that got their name from the loud, deep, guttural sounds they made.

They were rather large with four long horns that they used for defence and protection of their two large sensitive ears. And they were known for their very irritable temperament and wouldn't hesitate to charge.

A loud roar was heard and a few yells and then a loud thump and another roar.

Lady Mylia
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:58:51 PM
Mylia glanced to Quay nervously as they neared the stall. What had they gotten themselves into. That beast sounded monterous. "Quay...." She said as she gave her a long stare.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:23:39 PM
Quay'Na looked at Mylia. "You're going to have to help me out, Mylia. We've got to get it settled down first. We have to send soothing Force-waves to it's mind. Being in labor won't help, but we must try." Another loud thump was heard as it had charged the stall gate

"It's breaking through!" Someone yelled, "lookout!"

It was too late as everyone began to scramble, the beast roared and suddenly broke through it's holding pen gate.

Quay'Na had her eyes on the beast as someone ran into her and knocked her down. Mylia helped her get to her feet as the animal charged right at them!

"Jump, Mylia!" Quay'Na yelled as she gathered all her strength and leapt.

Lady Mylia
Nov 29th, 2003, 10:33:15 PM
Mylia stared at the charging beast for a moment. She heard Quay's words echoed in her mind. "Jump, Mylia!" Mylia tried but her legs weren't moving. It was a funny feeling, she wasn't frightened, but at the same time she was nervous. She didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, thankfully, someone grabbed Mylia's arm and pulled her right out of harm's way.

Mylia looked to the person who grabbed her, it was one of the doctor's. She nodded to him as she was helped off the ground. Quay'Na rushed over to Mylia with a concerned look in her eyes. Mylia looked at her. "I don't know what happened, Quay. I felt something with that beast. It was strange."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:08:14 AM
The beast charged right out the door. "Are you okay?" Quay'Na asked quickly. "Sith, I thought that thing had you."

Lady Mylia
Nov 30th, 2003, 09:08:50 AM
Mylia nodded. "Thanks to the Doctor here, I'm fine. I thought it had me there for a moment as well." Mylia watched as it ran out the door. "I just don't know what happened." She repeated.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:22:20 AM
"Did it do something to your mind?" Quay asked. She'd heard of this happening and had even had it happen to her once a long time ago, while she was under the charge of Master Ira.

"Sometimes, when an animal is in a certain state, they can...pardon the pun, blow your mind. Is that what happened?"

Lady Mylia
Nov 30th, 2003, 12:25:21 PM
Mylia thought about it for a moment before answering. "Well, yes and no." She looked to Quay. "But, I was the one that started the original connection, then it just... took over..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 30th, 2003, 03:38:54 PM
"It can happen, but it's also something one must watch out for. You can put yourself in a very dangerous situation as you see what just happened. You must always try to keep the upper hand on an animal, Mylia." Quay'Na heard a lot of yells and hollering outside. "We need to get out there and calm that thing down."

Quay'Na turned and ran outside, the beast was charging just about anything that moved.

Lady Mylia
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:18:16 PM
Mylia nodded and followed, a lot more cautiously than her friend. She watched the animals movements, keeping an eye on where it was headed. She allowed Quay to move into the animals mind first, she didn't want to confuse the poor animal with two different waves coming in at once.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:56:16 PM
Quay'Na came to an abrupt halt and placed the palms of her hands on her temples and closed her eyes. Using the Force, she gently tapped into it's mind, but it was resisting. Strange.

With a deep breath, she did it again. This time gaining some ground. The beast was in such pain!

Quay'Na used the Force healing waves towards animals to try and calm some of the pain.

Through grit teeth she told Mylia. "Go to it's mind and try to calm her, I'm trying to ease the contractions. We've got to settle her down or she may lose the calf."

It may already be too late! It may need to be pulled. Quay'Na thought to herself, but then focused on the contractions as the beast charged in another direction.

Lady Mylia
Dec 14th, 2003, 09:38:47 PM
Mylia took a deep breath and began to calm the beast. She had to have very good concentration with the animal, or she would lose it. As it began to charge again, Mylia increased her concentration and the beast actually began to slow down to a run and then to a jog. Mylia and Quay together were helping the animal. As the beast began to lie down she continued to focus on the animal, but turned to Quay and smiled. Mylia looked up back to the animal and to her surprise Urma had jumped at the animal and began to help it give birth. Mylia almost stopped with a soothing waves as she saw this, but caught herself and kept them coming. She glanced over to Quay to try and see her expression with all this.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 27th, 2003, 12:17:32 PM
Quay'Na's eyes opened and for a brief moment she glared in Urma's direction. The contractions were harder now and the Padawan had to concentrate everything on helping push that calf out with her mind. It wasn't easy by any means as perspiration began to form on her forehead.

"I can't get it!" she yelled. "It'll need to be pulled!!"

The doctors hurried along with Urma and the calf was pulled moments later.

Quay'Na released her grip on the animal and sat down to rest a bit. Her mind was weary from exertion. "I couldn't do it." She shook her head as she took a deep breath. It was the first time, she had needed help on a birth.

Lady Mylia
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:23:27 PM
Mylia continued with the calming waves even after the calf was pulled. It would not be good to have a crazy mother running away from her calf. She went over to Quay and sat down beside her. She let up on the calming waves a bit. "Oh my goodness, this is crazy." She said reffering more towards Urma's actions than towards the birth of the calf.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:30:57 AM
"Yeah, I like how she just suddenly stepped in there. She could've been trompled had the two of us not had such a good link to the beast." Quay'Na shook her head slightly and massaged her temples to ease the growing headache she was getting. She had really poured her mental power into the beast and the after effects were showing up.

Lady Mylia
Dec 30th, 2003, 02:18:54 PM
Mylia nodded in agreement with Quay'Na. "She could have really put herself in danger." She watched as they doctors gathered around Urma with the young calf. This wasn't going to be a good thing. She noticed the look in Urma's eyes, pure happiness. With a sigh, she turned back to Quay. "It's already going to be head..." She said quietly, nodded towards Urma.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 1st, 2004, 02:36:17 PM
"Yeah," Quya'Na mumbled as she lay back on the ground. She didn't feel good, something happened back there with the beast, like it had taken something from her. Maybe it was just her imagination, but it was still strange.

Lady Mylia
Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:02:59 AM
Mylia looked over to Quay as she laid back. Something was wrong, she could tell. It was about time to let the doctors and Urma take the beast back. Mylia released her touch of soothing waves from the beast and turned her attention towards Quay. "You okay? You look--"

But Mylia was cut off as the beat began to get roady and began to buck around, kicking and jumping.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:12:17 AM
Quay's eyes were closed. She saw the beast in her mind and allowed herself to connect with it again. Urma was in the way, like always.

The beast stood and bucked. Quay'Na saw it buck and then by some relentless reason, directed it's back end towards Urma when it came down. It landed on the woman's foot.

She let out a scream in pain as Quay'Na dropped the connection immediately. She couldnt' help, but to smile just a little.

Lady Mylia
Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:16:45 AM
Mylia watched as Urma was stomped on. She quickly tried in horror to stop it, but she couldn't. Something had taken over the beast, something or someone. She turned to Quay and saw the smile. Mylia gave her a look, desperately wishing she could communicate with her. She sighed, the questioning would have to come later.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:36:17 PM
Quay'Na had known better, it wasn't exactly Jedi-like, but she deserved it. The Padawan didn't like to be messed with and Urma had gone way over the line. Besides, it wasn't like everyone was going to know it was her that had urged the beast in Urma's direction.

Quay'Na didn't even attempt to move, as Urma began yelling and crying. She still didin't feel quite right, but she dismissed it.

Lady Mylia
Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:26:29 PM
Mylia looked to Quay for a moment longer before she got up and went over to the group crowded around Urma. Some of the doctors were helping her calm down while others were trying to get the beast to calm down. She heard some whispers of sympathy and others scoffing "Urma sure had her under control." She glanced back over to Quay before she began to look at the calf over. "Quay, you might want to come over here." She said with a nervous tone as she noticed a sore on the calf.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:58:06 AM
The Padawan sighed and sat up, she got to her feet and walked over. She only gave Urma a sideways glance for a moment, before taking her attentions to Mylia and knelt down beside her. "What is it, Mylia?"

Lady Mylia
Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:22:24 PM
Mylia nodded to a very odd sore on the calf's back. It was exposing the spinal column of the young beast. Some of the other doctors were fussing over it, but did not seem too concerned with it. Mylia felt that there was something majorly wrong with it, more so than what the doctors felt. She looked to Quay to see if she felt it was well. "There is something more than just this sore, I can feel it..." She whispered.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:51:11 AM
Quay'Na was instantly alarmed by the sight. "I don't like this at all. This calf needs surgery to close up that area, immediately..."

"Let me see that!" Urma spat as she shoved herself between the two Padawans yelping slightly as she did so.

Lady Mylia
Jan 4th, 2004, 08:19:58 PM
Mylia was nearly knocked over onto the calf as Urma pushed her way in. She was helped up by one of the interns, she nodded a thank you as she brushed herself off. With a glare she looked to Urma, just about to tell her how it is, but she held her tongue. She just cleared her throat and turned to the doctors. "Something has to be done now. But you must be extremely careful, I can feel there is more too this than meets the eye. This must be handled by the right person...." "If it's not to late as it is..." She added silently.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 5th, 2004, 09:13:37 PM
Quay'Na stood and said. "I agree, this calf is in desperate need of medical attention. It seems to have a rare deformity in it's spinal area and needs to be handled carefully."

"You Jedi are so full of it, this is a simple tissue deformity!" Urma began. "I guarentee you , there is no outstanding problem here."

"I beg to differ with you the area is open and moving the animal without the properly knowing the way can kill it." Quay argued.

"You think you know everything, don't you?" She asked Quay and then suddenly, scooped up the ailing calf. But, it was too heavy for her and with her injured foot she stumbled and dropped it.

Quay'Na jummped to catch it, but it was too late the little calf wailed in pain and agony...and then it's poor little body went limp.

"Nooo!" The Padawan screamed as she dropped to the ground by it. She closed her eyes and concentrated on the Force. Carefully, through her link in the Force, she entered it's body trying get it to breath again, to live again. For long moments, Quay massaged its young heart with the Force, but nothing happened. It was gone.

Quay'Na slumped to the ground, she was tired. She had tried so hard, but nothing worked. "It's gone." She told the doctors quietly.

There was a silence around the group as the doctors looked at Urma, with unfathomable glares. "You're fired."

Sometime later, Quay'Na sat near the calfless beast as it lay in a pile of hay in it's pen. It was making a sickly, mournful sound.

I"m sorry, my friend. She spoke mentally to it as she stroked the fur on it's head.

Quay'Na heard someone approaching and looked up to see Mylia standing there alone. "Hi." Quay'Na spoke lightly.

Lady Mylia
Jan 10th, 2004, 03:15:48 PM
Mylia stood and watched Urma, not saying much at all. A sadness filled her heart as she felt the calf slip away.

Mylia knew it. She could almost see it happen. A tear slipped down her cheek. She could feel Quay trying to help the poor thing, but she knew it would not work. The calf was gone.

After the insident Mylia helped the doctors and spoke with them for a little bit. When she was done with the doctors she went to find Quay, not having to look far, for she knew exactly where to find her: with the animal. She leaned up against the pen. "Hey, how is she doing?" She questioned about the animal.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 10th, 2004, 09:03:24 PM
Quay'Na shrugged. "About as good as anyone after loosing a baby. Animals are no different, even her." She said as she stroked it's head again.

It almost seemed to whimper at her touch. "I owe you an apology as well, Mylia. My actions today weren't that of a Jedi and I'm sorry you had to witness that. I don't really know what came over me."

Lady Mylia
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:15:25 PM
Mylia took a seat where she had been standing. She did not want to get too close to the animal in fear of upsetting it even more.

"Well, time will heal." Was all Mylia could say. She listened to Quay, still not too sure what to think about the thing with Quay and Urma earlier. She shrugged. "Who knows..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:29:06 AM
"It was wrong and I knew it, but she was just making me so...mad and for a brief instant, I felt she deserved it."

Quay'Na sighed as she finally said the word. Jedi weren't supposed to feel anger towards anyone and this was a bit concerning for her. "I think, that maybe I need to talk to my master on this matter. Helenias will be back tomorrow from a Senator's meeting and I can bring this up to her."

Lady Mylia
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:03:54 AM
Mylia nodded. "That sounds like a good idea." She said trying to show no emotion either way.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 29th, 2004, 06:07:28 PM
Quay'Na stroked the beasts fir once more before she stood and carefully left the stall. There was plenty on her mind at the moment and she really didn't know what to say.

The day had ended for the rest of the others and with a solemn sigh, she passed Mylia and walked out of the barn.

It was time to leave, to go home, get cleaned up and meditate on what was going on with her. She really didn't know.

Lady Mylia
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:56:17 PM
Mylia followed after Quay. Something had changed in her, she could feel it. She sighed as the rode home in silence. She just sat quietly, mediatating.