PDA

View Full Version : I only want to do the right thing...(Morgan, Dasquian and Kaimana)

Brielle Acaana
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:08:16 PM
Finding a parking slip close to the entrance hall of the Jedi Temple at eight o'clock in the morning wouldnt have been as easy as it had proven to be at seven thirty, which is why she had arrived there early.

Knowing she had some time to kill before disturbing the schedule of Jedi Master Morgan Evanar, the blonde Watch officer sat in her speeder with a datapad opened on her lap. It was a chance to catch up on some of the hated paper work she seemed to be falling behind with and glanced at her chrono in surprise when it beeped off thirty minutes had passed. It was now eight a.m. and time for the Jedi to be up and around if he wasnt already.

Closing the pad shut with a snap, Brielle tucked it back into her leather pouch then slid out from her vehicle and walked to the large front doors of the main complex. She was learning her way around the myriad of buildings quite nicely, thanks to her visits here with Dasquian but to know how to contact Master Evanar was a different story altogether.

Several Jedi and padawans alike passed by her and other than waylaying them and asking directions - which she hated to do - Brielle opted to wait, hoping to catch sight of a familiar face.

It was into fifteen minutes waiting time before she remembered that the Master in question had given her his personal comm code and that she had tucked it safely away inside her pouch. Digging through the contents of the leather bag, she whipped out the plastic card triumphantly and entered the code into her comm unit.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:58:35 PM
Morgan did a slow cartwheel back to his feet. He had spent the last ten minutes on his hands, and his comm was in his jacket. For the most part, no one called.

With one hand, he wiped sweat from his brow, and he fumbled in his pocket for the comm with the other.

"Hello?"

Brielle Acaana
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:32:41 PM
"Master Evanar. This is Officer Acaana from the Watch. We spoke the other day concerning the girl, Kaimana? Do you remember?"

Through the earpiece, Brielle heard his affirmative reply and smiled in relief.

"She's the reason Ive come - here, to the Order. Im in the main entrance and was hoping to speak with you, if you could spare the time. I realize its early..."

Her words trailed off as she picked up on the sound of a deep sigh from her comm.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:30:11 PM
"No, its fine. I'll see you in ten minutes." Morgan pushed both the bad and good possiblities from his mind, and prepared to just accept things as they were.

He was showered and dressed in five minutes, and used the remaining five to walk to the visitor center. Brielle was sitting, pushing paperwork.

"G'morning, Officer Acaana."

Brielle Acaana
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:44:52 PM
Green eyes crinkled in greeting as she smiled at the approaching Jedi.

"Good morning, Master Evanar. Thank you for seeing me so quickly."

Tucking her belongings back into the pouch, Brielle tucked a stray curl behind one ear as she scooched over to make room on the bench.

"Id like to say straight out that Kaimana hasnt gotten into any more trouble - well, there was one little fight but it was over almost before it began."

The Watch officer looked a bit sheepish at her own words but rushed to make her point.

"What I described to you before, the day that Commander Vymes and I brought her in - when something pushed me out of her way - did you sense anything in her? Is there the possibility of training her to become a Jedi?"

Morgan Evanar
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:54:27 PM
"Its possible. I wouldn't be able to tell, though." Brielle looked a little confused.

"Jedi have different strengths in the Force. I'm not good at sensing it in others. So, tenatively, I'm going to say yes. I think she is Force sensitive, but we'd need another Jedi to find out."

Brielle Acaana
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:10:54 PM
"How do you go about it? Is there some sort of standard 'test' that you have potential padawans try to perform?"

Brielle was sincere in her effort to learn more about the Jedi, not only for Kaimana's sake but to aid in her understanding of Dasquian's life as well.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:35:38 PM
"It depends on who finds them or greets them. In this case, I think it might be best to find out before we ask Kaimana if she wants to be a Jedi. Offering it and then finding out she isn't Force sensitive would be cruel." Brielle agreed.

"We need to find a Jedi who is good at reading Force sensitivity. Hopefully one won't be too busy."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:15:46 AM
Dasquian made an effort not to eavesdrop, but it was hard to not be curious about why Brielle was here. He approached the Watch Officer and Jedi Master, bowing his head respectfully to the latter.

“Morning. Pardon the intrusion, but I couldn’t help but over hear you were looking for someone to sense the Force potential in someone?”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:08:19 PM
Brielle was quicker than the Jedi Master and hopped up, greeting Dasquian with a light hug.

"Please, join us. We're discussing Kaimana, the girl that I arrested a few days back. I think its possible that she has the Force and I had contacted Master Evanar about it."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:00:04 PM
Dasquian smiled broadly down at Brielle. She was so committed. It was endearing.

“I may be able to help. I speak to most of the new applicants and I think I’m getting quite good at seeing potential, if I do say so myself.”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:59:07 PM
Brielle looked questioningly down at the Jedi Master. For the most part, she was out of this for right now. It was up to the Order and these two men in particular to determine if Kaimana had what it took to join the ranks of padawans.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:45:24 PM
Morgan smiled.
"Well, you're undoubtbly better than me." Morgan glanced at Brielle and then Daquian.
"I take it you two have met."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 10th, 2003, 09:38:40 AM
“Once or twice,” Dasquian returned the smile.

He looked back to Brielle expectantly.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:11:07 AM
Brielle shifted uncomfortably. She didnt like being reminded of how they met and still felt embarrassed whenever she thought about it.

"Dasquian was my knight in shining armour - literally - one night when I ... needed a helping hand. We've remained in contact ever since."

An answer worthy of her father, the late Senator Acaana. She felt proud.

"Back to Kaimana...do I need to bring her here or take you there... how does it work?"

Morgan Evanar
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:24:15 PM
Morgan looked from Dasquian to Brielle and back again. Well, at least Brielle seemed stable. It could be a welcome change from Xazor the Dervish.

"I think we should probably go and see her. I don't like adding a new place if we don't need to."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:06:35 AM
“That sounds fine,” he gave a small nod, “Lead the way, Brie.”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:30:01 AM
"My chariot awaits."

This was said tongue-in-cheek for Dasquian's benefit as Brielle brought up a past afternoon. No chariots had been involved of course but the olde time 'roleplaying' they had done, turned out to be one of the best times the pair had experienced together.

With pouch in hand, the trio made their way to her speeder and quickly were in the air.