PDA

View Full Version : Free web hosting.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:49:57 AM
http://order.1and1.com/xml/static/HostingProfessional;jsessionid=91A5D4926721AF788AC C07861EB88F6E.TC60b?__frame=_top

Alpha
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:04:19 AM
How much will it be after the three years is up?

Master Yoghurt
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:04:21 AM
Thats an amazing offer

Morgan Evanar
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:32:42 AM
Originally posted by Alpha
How much will it be after the three years is up? Pfft damned if I know. Doubt I'll be using it much after 3 years.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:47:16 AM
Tried to put in a fake ZIP but it didn't work, and I dont have a proper one obviously so blah.

ReaperFett
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:04:19 AM
Originally posted by Alpha
How much will it be after the three years is up?
Think this way. How many people here are using the same sigs as they were three years ago? The cost wouldn't ever be needed.

Tirzak Kerr
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:39:13 AM
Considering I already paid for my hosting and domain; I'll stick with it.

but a nice find indeed.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 1st, 2003, 02:38:27 PM
http://mili.panicked.org/randimg.php

http://mili.panicked.org/randimg.php it works, btw.

Sanis Prent
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:53:37 PM
um, its free. You can never have enough free hosting. Thx.

Crystal
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:59:44 PM
I'd like to sign up, but are they going to bill me after three years even if I'm not using it, for like a few hundred dollars? :uhoh

Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Tried to put in a fake ZIP but it didn't work, and I dont have a proper one obviously so blah.

Just use someone else's. Mine's 65802

Morgan Evanar
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:02:18 PM
I'd like to sign up, but are they going to bill me after three years even if I'm not using it, for like a few hundred dollars? If you read the FAQ, no, they aren't. You can also set the maximum billing limit once you're all set up.

If you aren't jumping on this you're really missing out.

Crystal
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:04:40 PM
Count me in then. I love free hosting.. I can't get enough of it.

*waits for e-mail*

Figrin D'an
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:20:17 PM
Holy *insert naughty word here*... they give you quite a bit of nice stuff for being a 3-year free deal.

*Signs up.*

Crystal
Oct 1st, 2003, 11:53:54 PM
I want a domain name, and I don't know why. I don't even know what domain I want, since leeloo.everything is taken. But they offer them for $6.

Is $6 the cheapest there is? I know that's nothing, but if there's any $1 services out there.. ;)

Figrin D'an
Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:04:47 AM
Originally posted by Crystal
I want a domain name, and I don't know why. I don't even know what domain I want, since leeloo.everything is taken. But they offer them for $6.

Is $6 the cheapest there is? I know that's nothing, but if there's any $1 services out there.. ;)

$6/year for a domain is really freakin' cheap. It'll cost you about $35/year most other places. Take advantage of the offer if you can.

Crystal
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:31:18 AM
Should I trust a super cheap service? :uhoh

Morgan Evanar
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:47:26 AM
I got a domain from them and it hasn't charged me. Most good domain registrars are $10 a year.

$6 is an awesome deal. If you don't wan the domain you can use the alphanumeric address they provide.

Crystal
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:08:04 AM
Hmm.. I've never ordered any webspace/domain name or related stufff before.. but I've been wanting my own domain for a while(god knows why).

Once I figure out what domain I want that's not taken, I think I'll do it.

Soraya Taveres
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:56:42 AM
well, hey there.

I dunno what I wanna do now. I've got a domain name registered for the next year and a half (with the WORLD'S GAYEST DOMAIN REGISTRATION COMPANY EVAR) but I pay just under $3/month for web hosting. which is good, but I only get 100mb of space. if I were to switch to this host, would I have to transfer all the files over to this server manually, or is there an easier way to go about it (sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm dumb like that) ?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:59:25 AM
I'd like to sign up, but are they going to bill me after three years even if I'm not using it, for like a few hundred dollars? :uhoh

Just use someone else's. Mine's 65802

Still can't do it since I dont have a city/street.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:11:32 AM
I signed up, but in order to retrieve my 4 digit activation PIN code, I need to:
..enter a 10-digit phone number where our automated authentication system will be able to reach you within the next 15 minutes and

Within the next half hour, you will receive a call from the automated authentication system that will announce your 4-digit PIN. Make sure to have a pen and paper available to write down your PIN. You will need it to set up your free Professional Package.

If you do not catch the PIN the first time, press 1 and the system will repeat the PIN (touchtone required).
Anyone living in the United States feel like helping me out on this one? :x

Note: Only one Professional Package can be activated per phone number, so it would have to be someone not planning to order the package, or someone with access to more than 1 phone number

Dasq: Use google to find an office adress, English embassy or similar :)

Crystal
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:43:13 AM
I'm helping Vega out, otherwise I'd help you. :)

I'm sure you'll find some loving soul to do a little magic for you.. If no one can, maybe I could "steal" one of my friend's telephone numbers for the day ;)

Master Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:57:52 AM
Awww... that would have been terrific :angel

I will love the person who helps me :love (not in a gay sense of way if youre a male though :lol)

Charley
Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:03:53 PM
aw :(

Master Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:33:00 PM
:uhoh

What are those handcuffs, spiked leather boots and the whip for? o_O

Soraya Taveres
Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:33:51 PM
Use google to find an office adress, English embassy or similar

wouldn't they find it a bit odd if some random automated machine called them up ? o_o;

Master Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:40:54 PM
It could be any US phone number, does not have to match any adress, AFAIK :)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:17:11 PM
^correct. I used my cellphone.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:39:22 PM
I got some help from Walter. I will be fine :)

Crystal
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:51:18 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
^correct. I used my cellphone.

I did the same.

Glad you got some help, yog :)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:51:45 PM
Don't suppose anyone wants to pay $6 so I can have a domain? No?

... bah :mneh

Crystal
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:08:33 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Don't suppose anyone wants to pay $6 so I can have a domain? No?

... bah :mneh

*catfight*

I mentioned it first!! MINE MINE MINE!! ;)

It's almost certian I can get a domain, but I just have no idea what to get.. anything cool is taken.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:09:16 PM
woflhard :crack !!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:18:41 PM
*shakes fist* why do they need my phone number? drat it, I gave em a fake one so it won't work....

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:20:26 PM
They call you and give you a pin code.

Crystal
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:27:40 PM
No!! NOT WOFL-HARD!! :cry

:mneh

Originally posted by Sorreessa Tarrineezi
*shakes fist* why do they need my phone number? drat it, I gave em a fake one so it won't work....

it's just a machine, not a person. And it calls you up, says "your pin number is.." and gives you the pin. The end. It's not that bad.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:28:02 PM
yeah I know but that's lame, I don't want them to be able to find me, I also use bs info.....

Master Yoghurt
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:43:40 PM
They need the phone number to make sure no one signs up for 15 different accounts. Thats why it says one account per phone number. Its not like their going to call you and and be a nuisance etc. Only a machine will call you up. Read their privacy policy if you are worried about that sort of thing.

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 2nd, 2003, 05:45:50 PM
I can't sign up, it only allows Canadians and Americans to do so. Unfair!

Zasz Grimm
Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:26:52 PM
I can give you a subdomain?

of course, it will be

http://inserthere.grimmshadow.net

but if you don't mind it... :)

Nieheine
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:07:15 PM
A subdomain is better than no domain, of course I don't mind. That'd be cool, thanks :)

ReaperFett
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:31:20 AM
it's just a machine, not a person. And it calls you up, says "your pin number is.." and gives you the pin. The end. It's not that bad.
You might be suprised to know that people CONTROL those machines ;)

Soraya Taveres
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:32:58 PM
if anyone wants a subdomain, I can give you http://yournamehere.deadpoetry.net, 'cause right now my domain is just sitting there and rotting, basically. never mind that it sounds angsty. >=P

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:37:37 PM
A subdomain would be cool - if anyone offers it due to the fact that I can't exactly use the swrpg siglab account for my own personal use for the most part.
If it's up for offer I'll take it.