PDA

View Full Version : You know, something just occured to me...

Figrin D'an
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:54:35 PM
By deleting the massive "Weeeeeeee" thread at Arcan IV, we altered the total post count for the board, and thus screwed up that contest that we being run to predict when the board will reach half a million posts.

>_<

I suppose it can continue, of course... but, it'll certainly affect the result.

Charley
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:28:27 PM
YAY :D

Not only because I hated "Weeeeeeeeee", but also because I think my pick was a little too long.

Figrin D'an
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:35:44 PM
Yeah... it was giving the server indigestion. It was a decent spam catcher, but it just got way to big for it's own good.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:39:02 PM
Oh well, no custom e-mail for me. :( Sadness.

Actually, I much prefer a faster board for all over an e-mail for one, but that's probably just me. :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 1st, 2003, 02:46:56 AM
Cant say it makes me sad :)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:06:59 AM
Weee was pure spam with maybe something like 30 worthwhile posts in the whole thing. I think it was sort of a mental excretion point, and while it wasn't totally devoid of content, some of it was PC++, IMO.

Good riddance.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:31:41 AM
In order to make it fair and everyone happy, you could have (if Mr Dotnet allows it) 2 prizes. One for the 500K posts subtracting the posts in the weee thread and one for reaching the magic 500K.

Ryla, you could have a thegjo.com adress if you want :)

Ryla Relvinian
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:52:30 AM
Heh... I'm just glad it's gone, actually. :)

... but that is a good idea.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:44:56 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Weee was pure spam with maybe something like 30 worthwhile posts in the whole thing.

Try none.

Glad it's gone.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:45:44 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
By deleting the massive "Weeeeeeee" thread at Arcan IV, we altered the total post count for the board, and thus screwed up that contest that we being run to predict when the board will reach half a million posts.

>_<

I suppose it can continue, of course... but, it'll certainly affect the result. Yes it will affect the result, but its just part of how it goes. There was no plan to remove those posts and thus skew the timing of the fifty thousand mark, it just happened and as such will bear no change on how the prize is given out, when the goal is met.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:12:15 PM
After having removed and archived another 8 thousand or so posts, I have decided to restart the contest.

See the threads in OOC and BO for details. Posters are free to stick with their same chosen date if they wish, but they now have the opportunity to chose another to adjust to the lower total post count we have now.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:41:04 PM
another 8 thousand posts?? Wow.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:07:40 PM
Yes, three threads were removed which had post counts ranging from 1500 to 5000 plus.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:42:50 PM
So, thats roughly 14,000 altogether? Hmmm.....might change my date, then.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:01:26 PM
Originally posted by Daiquiri Van-Derveld
So, thats roughly 14,000 altogether? Hmmm.....might change my date, then. The total current total post count can be found at the bottom of the main page or on the statistics page.