PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Duvall(Open)

Zatania Duvall
Sep 30th, 2003, 02:48:27 PM
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say.
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Mm mm mm mm mm.

The palace lay quiet in the dead cold of night, trees rustling gently within the faint breeze that the planet humbly offered, soothing those who dreamt peacefully in their quarters. Alas, their rest would not remain uninterrupted, for all those that cared would recognize a weakened presence coming back home at last.

Travel had taken it's toll on this beautiful kin of darkness, her hair tossled and tangled with marred bits of foreign twigs and leaves, while her pale skin shone with sweat and half healed wounds. Although her appearence feigned away from joy, she wore a somewhat pleased expression, as though she were unaware of her condition.

Her feet lazily dragged themselves up the front steps, one limping slightly yet steady enough to carry her. By now someone who had been wondering about her would have sensed her by now, or at least soon. Either way, the thought did not even pass her mind. Everything within her head was completely blank, which would not explain the sadistic smile upon her lips.

Now in the hallway, she continued without pausing to reminise. This was home, yes, but nothing seemed to catch her eye as it would to someone who had been gone for so long.

She kept moving slowly until finally she reached her room. Hopefully her belongings were still there, hopefully they had not given the room out to another. And yet, even this did not pass through her thoughts. Like film to a movie running too fast, she could only think of the only things that she had been for months.

Father. Mother. Who am I? I'm Zatania. I don't want to kill you mother. Stop it. Shut up. Duvall, you will suffer. Your family. Swear it. Dead. Revenge. Where was I? Where is he? Why? she thought quickly.

She blinked, suddenly fighting tears as she threw her hands up to her face.

"...Why?" She whispered.

All was silent once again, as she calmed down against the wall. Her body slid slowly until she was sitting with her knees bent at a slight angle, back to the wall.

Months before she has been just as relaxed as any of these fellow darksiders resting comfortably in bed. She has wanted to remember, to know it all. But that night she had left to seek home one last time... She found what she had been searching for. Without telling anyone, she had wandered off on her own to find the insanity that was overflowing her mind much too quickly. At this moment, she wished she had slowed down a bit so she didn't feel so...

"Ashamed..." she whispered, scoffing at herself.

No... disappointed... She thought, begging to believe it was true.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:05:35 PM
Je'gan stopped as he passed an open door, did a double-take, and turned to lean on the doorframe looking in.

"Etes-vous d'accord, m'amselle?" he said, lapsing into his native tongue, then corrected himself. "Are you all right, milady?"

Zatania Duvall
Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:10:30 PM
Zatania looked up at a young man who she hadn't realized was so close by. She had been so preoccupied with her thoughts that she didn't even think that anyone would be around this late.

She rested her elbows on her knees and closed her eyes, not feeling any better than someone was seeing her in such a weak and pathetic state. When she rested her head back against the wall, she sighed and gently shook her head.

"It's been so long..." She whispered, unaware whether he heard her or not.

She opened her eyes and looked down the corridors, just now realizing that Sasha was no longer here. So there would be no help from him, her former master.

"Who are you?" She said, her voice sounding as though she had not used it for years, scratchy and yet still very becoming.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:47:42 PM
"Je'gan Olra'en," he responded. "I'm an acolyte, a student. Is there any way I can help?"

Zatania Duvall
Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:54:12 PM
After hearing his name, she nodded as though this was implanting the name within her brain. Upon his offer for help, she began to consider whether he'd understand the entire confusing situation or not. After all, most people didn't understand even after months of knowing her.

"I don't know... But I guess there's no harm in trying." She said, still sounding far away.

After all, she still couldn't get the image out of her head of her mother lying there.. bleeding.. And then the image of the man she had been seeking revenge against through revival.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:06:45 PM
"Here," he said, holding out his hand. "I can get us into a little lunchroom in the north wing. Food, my mother used to say, cures all ills."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:33:43 PM
Zatania opened her eyes again to look at him. She lifted her arm from her knee and began to reach her hand out towards his, then hesitated for a moment. Ultimately, she helped herself up to her feet on her own. She felt foolishly helpless enough as it was.

With a slight stagger on her wounded leg, she offered for him to lead the way.

"Sounds alright, I guess... I don't remember when it was the last time I had something to eat."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:56:10 PM
"Then you really must try this stew they've got," he replied, beginning to lead her to the little, out-of-the-way meal-room. "I don't know what the 'droids put in it, but it's incredible."

It was a short walk; as he reached the door, he stepped smoothly to one side and held it open for her.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:29:46 PM
Zatania listened quietly to him, finally observing her surroundings for the first time since she returned home. A lot seemed the same, and yet so many things were different. It was going to be hard to re adjust, but harder to re adjust knowing what she did now.

The two of them came to the doors and Je'qan opened the door for her. Being used to this, she simply went through the door, when she normally would have looked funny at him years ago.

The dining area certainly had changed. Although, she really never stayed in the diniy room much when she was here long ago. Usually she'd dine by herself in her room while pouring over books upon books to gain knowledge of the years that had been robbed of her.

While still looking around, she skulked over to the nearest table, still babying her weaker leg, and sat down. While resting her elbows on the table, she leaned her face forward and closed her eyes again, delving into a sudden trance.

[i] "Zatania... Zataaaaaaaaaniaaaaa..." A woman's voice called.

A younger Zatania covered her ears, trying desperately to push herself further into the closet, further into the shadows. All she could think of was the glint of the vibro blade her mother had, that crazier than usual look in her eyes. When would the door burst open? Why did she have to die so young?

Foot steps padded down the hallway, closer, and closer. When she finally thought that this was it, that her mother's hand was on the doorknob, she heard another sound.

Bzzzng

The sound of a lightsaber igniting startled Zatania, but the sound of her mother's screams and struggling made her all the more frightened. Who was she fighting? Were they friend or enemy?

And then the door flew open, and her father wrapped his arms around her.

"Its over, Zatania. You don't have to worry anymore. I should have ended this long ago." He said, smoothing down his daughter's hair.

Breathing heavily as though she were hyperventilating, she stared at the shadow streaming over the floor just by her father's fallen lightsaber. Her mother's crumpled body lay just feet away from this, missing a very vital appendage.

"Zatania? Look at me. Zatania? Zatania!" Her father said, sounding as though Zatania were running away from him.

She said nothing, just kept breathing heavily until finally...

"AHHHHHHH!"

She opened her eyes and lifted her head suddenly, realizing that she was shaking wildly. Why couldn't she stop remembering that?

Zatania Duvall
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:30:12 PM
Zatania listened quietly to him, finally observing her surroundings for the first time since she returned home. A lot seemed the same, and yet so many things were different. It was going to be hard to re adjust, but harder to re adjust knowing what she did now.

The two of them came to the doors and Je'qan opened the door for her. Being used to this, she simply went through the door, when she normally would have looked funny at him years ago.

The dining area certainly had changed. Although, she really never stayed in the diniy room much when she was here long ago. Usually she'd dine by herself in her room while pouring over books upon books to gain knowledge of the years that had been robbed of her.

While still looking around, she skulked over to the nearest table, still babying her weaker leg, and sat down. While resting her elbows on the table, she leaned her face forward and closed her eyes again, delving into a sudden trance.

[i] "Zatania... Zataaaaaaaaaniaaaaa..." A woman's voice called.

A younger Zatania covered her ears, trying desperately to push herself further into the closet, further into the shadows. All she could think of was the glint of the vibro blade her mother had, that crazier than usual look in her eyes. When would the door burst open? Why did she have to die so young?

Foot steps padded down the hallway, closer, and closer. When she finally thought that this was it, that her mother's hand was on the doorknob, she heard another sound.

Bzzzng

The sound of a lightsaber igniting startled Zatania, but the sound of her mother's screams and struggling made her all the more frightened. Who was she fighting? Were they friend or enemy?

"Its over, Zatania. You don't have to worry anymore. I should have ended this long ago." He said, smoothing down his daughter's hair.

Breathing heavily as though she were hyperventilating, she stared at the shadow streaming over the floor just by her father's fallen lightsaber. Her mother's crumpled body lay just feet away from this, missing a very vital appendage.

"Zatania? Look at me. Zatania? Zatania!" Her father said, sounding as though Zatania were running away from him.

"AHHHHHHH!"

She opened her eyes and lifted her head suddenly, realizing that she was shaking wildly. Why couldn't she stop remembering that?

Zatania Duvall
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:30:32 PM

"Zatania... Zataaaaaaaaaniaaaaa..." A woman's voice called.

Bzzzng

"AHHHHHHH!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:44:06 PM
She might as well have been broadcasting her thoughts for all the ease with which Je'gan caught the essence of the dream. No details, not without getting closer mentally...but enough to tell that this was a simple memory.

He placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's just a memory," he said calmly. "It can't hurt you unless you let it."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:13:19 PM
"They're just all coming to me too fast." She said. "I had amneasia for a very long time, so all of this is just a lot of pressure."

She rubbed her palms against her eyes.

"Do me a favor and call Sasha Kovolev on the comm. I really don't know where he is, but you should probably be able to find out somehow."

OOC He knows about this, so I'll PM him about it. If you have any questions, just PM him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:37:40 PM
OOC/ Understood.

IC/ His brow wrinkled for a moment. "Certainly," he said at last, then stood and moved to the nearest comm unit.

"Paging Sasha Kovalev, paging Sasha Kovalev. To the northeast lunchroom."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:32:11 AM
OOC He's no longer in TSO. Supposedly, according to him, he is still able to post here. He's on another planet. PM me later to ask about that. I think I might still have his whereabouts saved somewhere in my pm box.

IC

Zatania shook her head and looked up at Je'gan.

"He's not here. I think he would have sensed me by now if he was."

She thought hard for a moment.

"I don't know where he is, but I'm sure that there has to be records somewhere here."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:33:57 PM
He nodded. "I see...I suppose I'll go look it up, then. When you're done your meal, I'll be in the north library on the second floor."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:07:13 PM
Zatania nodded, taking a deep breath as she ran her hand through her hair. Or at least attempted to, since it was too tangled from whatever rough ride she had been through. It was then that she had a sudden desire for a shower, but thought it could wait just a bit longer until she had a good meal and found out where Sasha was. It probably wouldn't take that long.

"Thanks."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:15:01 PM
With a last look at the girl, Je'gan set off to the library. It was a short walk, but granting more than enough time to mentally review everything he knew about Sith in the field, and other Darksiders' haunts. It was a short list.

He slipped through a crack between two huge doors and immediately headed for a computer terminal. The library was large enough that he couldn't merely type in 'Sasha Kovalev' and have it spit out everything it had on the man...but it would sure be a start.

Seek and ye shall find ran through his head fifteen minutes later, as he took a seat at a prominent table and awaited the girl's return. In front of him lay a printout, a short summary of what he'd been able to find about 'Sasha Kovalev', and included in that was what he hoped was a personal comm number.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:28:30 PM
OOC Crap, I deleted his PM with all the info. Oh well, I'm one of the best at bsing. So here it goes. And I'll pm him as soon as he's online again.

IC

During the fifteen minutes that Je'gan was gone, Zatania had finished her meal and fulfilled her need for a shower. With her hair still wet, she returned, ruffling her hair roughly beneath a slowly dampening towel. When she was satisfyed, she let the towel rest at her shoulders, allowing the air to finish drying her hair.

She was still covered in scratches, but she now had a rather messy bandage wrapped around her limping leg. Obviously she had done it herself, not wanting to deal with it for now.

"Were you able to find anything?" She said, sounding hopeful.

After all, Sasha had helped her before, why couldn't he help her now? But why was he not here? For some reason she had a tiny bit of dread forming in the pit of her stomach.

Without waiting for him to reply, she looked over his shoulder at the papers and skimmed through them quickly. Once she caught eye of the words "Dark Jedi", she slowed down the pace and blinked, reading carefully from there on.

"Damn..." She whispered.

She sighed and sat down, pinching the very top of the bridge of her nose with two fingers.

"Well, looks like I'll need a new master if he's gone." She said.

With a pause, she looked at the papers again over his shoulder.

"I'm going to contact him still, even if he has changed over to being a Dark Jedi."

She felt silly for saying that, but still felt like Sasha would help her greatly, like he had in the past.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:30:40 PM
"Are you sure that's wise?" Je'gan hedged. "I've met a few Dark Jedi...they're not the nicest of people...nor the safest to be around."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:43:22 PM
"I'm sure Sasha wouldn't do anything to me. Besides, I'm only going to contact him via comm, not in person."

But even she knew that if given the opportunity, she'd still meet him face to face.

"Even if he did, I wouldn't lay down and take it. Nor would I let myself get killed."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:54:48 PM
"Fair enough," he replied grudgingly, echoes of protective urges fading into the depths of his mind.

"Who is this Sasha person anyways? I don't mean this," he said, tapping the piece of flimsiplast on the table, "not an outline of his history. Who is he really, and why are you so confident that his defection to become a Dark Jedi hasn't changed him?"

Zatania Duvall
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:25:17 PM
"He used to be my master." She said, sitting down next to him. "When I first joined TSO, I had no memory whatsoever of my past. He helped me with remembering it during my lessons..."

She sighed and sifted through the papers, not finding anything truly relevent.

"The reason why I want to talk to him is because he understands the situation more. I need someone that does to help me control these memories from driving me insane."

She picked up all of the papers and straightened them neatly before setting them down in a pile inbetween the two of them.

"I'm not saying I'm certain about him not harming me now. I mean, a lot could have happened since I left years ago. It's more wishful thinking than confidence." She paused for a second, tapping her finger on the table. "Only person I really knew back then."

SashaKovalev
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:55:55 AM
OOC: In case it helps this thread at all.....Sasha left TSO on good terms. Theres a thread with him and LV for it.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27235

He hasnt returned because...well, he's a dark jedi, and LV rather hates anything with the word 'jedi' even remotely attached to it. And he isnt stupid enough to take the chance. Nor, does he have reason to return here at the moment.

He did join the Black Hand, though there would likely be nothing on this as they were rather secretive.

He has been living on Balmorra with his uncle, Taylor Millard and taking classes at the University there. Though, he goes by Alexander Millard on Balmorra - which is his real, birth given name.

Im not sure how much of this information would show up - though it is possible that LV has kept the records on Sasha updated simply because he was her apprentice. So if she's cool with that, perhaps you'll be able to find more info than a normal search would reveal. She knows who his uncle is, and would probably know his birth given name as well. And perhaps has that as an alias for him in the records.

He has a ship and it is registered under Sasha Kovalev.

The best way to find him, though, would probably be through his comlink - he didnt bother to change the address for it. And that information would be in the records of TSO, for sure.

Hope it helps, just PM me if ya need anything further. And...I suppose, this could make for a return trip to The Sith Palace.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:37:52 AM
OOC/ Thanks...I wasn't sure how much of it would show up either, so I did my best to keep it vague.

IC/ Fair enough hovered on the tip of his tongue once more; Je'gan bit his lip and restrained it. He didn't really have anything meaningful to say at this point.

"Perhaps a distraction?" he said at last. "Until you can contact this Kovalev fellow?"

Zatania Duvall
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:34:18 PM
"A distraction?" She said. "You mean something to keep me occupied until I can contact him at his uncle's?"

She sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, its probably better that I wait until morning at least. It's too late right now. Plus I'm sure this might tick off a few higher ups, right?"

OOC Ok, I guess we'll just have to make a second thread elsewhere once Zatania decides to contact Sasha. You're invited Je'gan, since you've become involved. Muwahahaha. *clears throat* Sorry, bad habit. :D

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:19:47 AM
OOC/ *chuckles* I've had the same habit for the better part of a year.

IC/ "It might..." he said cautiously, "and then again it might not.

"First, you said that Kovalev left on good terms. You knew him well enough to say that he wouldn't have changed much. Therefore, it's easy enough to conclude that he's still on reasonably good terms with TSO.

"Second, and no offence to you, but to the Order higher-ups you're essentially useless as a Sith warrior until these memories are under control. Your best bet is to contact Kovalev, and I'm pretty sure they'll understand.

"You might want to talk with Lady Vader or another Master first, though...just in case."

Duke Quells
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:01:59 AM
Duke strode into the room, having completed another training session by himself. He had felt confident that he had nearly perfected the Thunderburst technique, when he heard somewhat subdued voices coming from the room. Carefully walking into it, he saw Jegan, another Sith Apprentice, and someone he had not met before, a woman who looked like she has been to hell and back. Duke knew that feeling, for he had had it after he had slaughtered his Royal family in anger, only to be sad later on. He wondered if she needed any help in consoulation, or needs help learning to keep her emotions, and memory in check? Duke certainly knew how to help there.
Taking a seat at the table, Duke spoke in a soft voice, "Hello, my name is Duke Quells. I can tell that you are one with pain, and suffering. Let me help you."

Lexius De Wilde
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:12:51 PM
EDIT OOC GAH! Ignore the creepy guy I posted under. Just another one of my alliases here on SWFans. lol

Zatania nodded at Je'gan's plan. "You're right. I'm of no use in this condition because each time a memory hits me, I completely shut down. I'll talk to Lady Vader as soon as I'm sure she's awake."

Just then she heard another man's voice and she looked over her shoulder to see yet another apprentice she did not know. This was not surprising given how long she had been gone.

"Hello, my name is Duke Quells. I can tell that you are one with pain, and suffering. Let me help you." He said.

Although the offer was appreciated, she couldn't help thinking that there was a bit of arrogance in what he said. But right now she wasn't in the mood to delve into it, so she shrugged.

"Go ahead and sit down if you truly think you can help. I guess I can explain everything to the both of you so you can see exactly why I think Sasha is my best bet for help."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:22:36 AM
Je'gan nodded to Quells; the man had saved his skin in the SecCorp expedition. He had a good bit of experience, too. There was a decent chance that he'd be able to help Duvall.

He returned his gaze to the girl, awaiting the full story.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:29:52 AM
"I don't even know how to start to make this make any sense at all... But I guess I'll tell you whatever comes to mind first." She said.

For a moment, she sat there, silent as she gathered her thoughts into a collective bundle efficient enough to tell her story.

"Alright... I'm not from this time. This isn't my body, and my name isn't Duvall." She started, knowing that was probably not the best way to start off. "Centuries ago, I was one of two children under a strong political man who was trained heavily in the darkside. My brother was only a year younger than me, and my mother loved him dearly as though he was the world. She wanted a son all of her life, and a daughter was just a disappointment to her.

One day, my brother died mysteriously, and it devastated my mother so much that she lost her mind. She blamed me..." Zatania paused, sighing and trying to move on to the next thing, unsure of what to do with the gaps in her story that she didn't remember yet.

"She tried to kill me years down the road, but my father prevented her from doing so. I should have been happy, but I wasn't. I know that I wanted her to just go away, but seeing her lying there drove even me over the edge. So my father sent me away to be trained by a friend of the family.

I can't remember much of that time, but when I matured into a teenager, about 18 years, a man that I had known and loved secretly for a long time met me in a place we played at as children. I had been wanting to tell him something else that I never told him, because I knew that there was something that he wasn't telling me. But he stopped me from doing so, and things... got deeper from there.

We loved eachother, and made so many plans for the future. But they wouldn't last. I found out the hard way what he was failing to tell me. His family were mostly Jedi, and he felt that it wasn't important enough to reveal to me. He claimed his father had wanted them not to say anything to anyone upon his deathbed. I never knew why he wanted things that way, but it doesn't matter to me.

I knew it was hypocritical, but my dark blood made me furious. I'm still furious. But that wasn't the only reason why I was so furious. We had a child, and I felt that he was tainted. I never got around to telling him either, but it still made me sick to know that I had been friendly with the enemy for so long. I should have known, but I guess I was weak... I'm so ashamed of myself." She said.

She looked red in the face, as though she wanted to punch something, as though she wanted to hurt someone.

"I vowed revenge on him, foolishly not even thinking of how it could backfire. We had fought brutally and in the end, my weakness for him was my downfall. As I lay, dying, I promised him that his family would never be free from worry ever again. I promised that I would come back and hurt him right where it mattered most to him.

Centuries later, bout two decades ago, there was a girl named Ceres Duvall. She was the only daughter of two Jedi, who were the last remaining in their families... except for her father's brother. One night, Ceres' uncle came to their home and destroyed her parents and kidnapped her. He told her stories about something living inside of her. Something that didn't belong there and that would eventually take over. He was right.

Finally, I was able to take over completely. I had been revived through Ceres Duvall, the last remaining Duvall, the only one left out of my former husband's family...my son's decendant...

When I took over her body, I transferred her thoughts and soul into another. So this body is merely her own, and not mine... I wanted to destroy her for a long time. But these memories now are preventing me from doing so. When I attacked her last week, I could only see my son in her, and I couldn't... I look in the mirror and I see him, and feel so utterly weak against my own mind. I will destroy her, but I will need to control my memories so that they don't stop me from doing so. Each time I try, they make me dizzy and weakened. Its as though that part of me is preventing me.. Its as though I'm me anymore."

She stopped, knowing that what she said sounded pathetic. A darkside apprentice who was not able to fulfill her own deepest desire. What use would she be to TSO like this? Something else was doing this to her, it wasn't her own free will preventing her from doing it. What was happening?

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 13th, 2003, 08:21:02 AM
Je'gan's jaw dropped fractionally. He'd known he'd hear strange things when he first came here, and the sheer amount of his average day he spent in the library had given him a sense of the bizarrity of times past...

But all that was one thing, and this was quite another.

He awaited Quells' reply with anticipation.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:45:28 PM
Zatania looked at Je'gan's shocked face, which made her think of something she hadn't thought of before.

"Now that I think of it, it probably isn't a good idea to tell LV what I'm planning. She probably won't approve of me going to speak with someone who turned their back on TSO for the Dark Jedi. But either way, I'm screwed because if I don't go, I'll be in a possibly permanent weakened state."

She looked towards Quells, wondering if he really did have anything helpful to say. Je'gan seemed to think he could help her after all.

OOC That solves that problem.

Duke Quells
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:38:02 AM
After hearing her reply, Duke spoke,

"Well, there are several ways to deal with this problem. The direct and foremost way is to use the power of the Dark Side to insulate the part of your brain that contains your memorys from the rest of your brain, thus getting rid of the memorys long enough for you to destroy her. But as the Dark Side power fades away, the memorys will come rushing back in a titantic flood that has been known to drive many a people, or Darksider, insane. The second way known is to have another Dark Sider perform a type of "Force Surgery", where he enters you brain, and erases the memorys. But the process will be long, you may have memories erased that you don't want to lose, and you may have his memories left in your brain. A third option is to simply ignore the memories by focusing solely on your objective, and building a force shield to repel, or route anything that comes between you and your objective. Has this been of any help? I can suggest several more ideas....." said Duke in a confindent, simpathetic tone, while maintaining a tactful facial expression.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 16th, 2003, 11:01:28 AM
Zatania blinked at the options he offered.

"That first one sounds... painful. The second one seems a little shakey. Why would I get memories from whoever's doing this surgery? The third one I've tried, but it didn't work long enough to finish the job. "

The look on Ceres' face entered her mind and she smiled faintly.

"She could be dead now for all I know. When I left her with that twit pilot of her's, she was unconcious and severely injured. My memories did have a good point to them. All I can remember is imagining the fight with my husband, and when I realized what I was doing, I was strangling the little brat."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:59:14 PM
"From what I've read," Je'gan interjected pensively, "the mental surgery would be fairly 'clean', so to speak...there is a possibility, a small one, that the operator could bungle it and connect your memory centres to his, but overall I don't see...hmmm..." He lapsed into thought again, stewing over the new problem.

He tried to articulate his thoughts once more, as Quells left. "Well...h'hmm." In all honesty, he had to admit, the whole thing was entirely outside his experience.

"When...mmm...when are you going to contact Kovalev?"

Zatania Duvall
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:53:08 PM
"I plan on doing it as soon as possible. LV doesn't know that I'm here yet most likely, otherwise either she or someone else would have come to make sure I was alright."

She stood up, wobbling on her injured ankle. "I'll go now and head somewhere I can contact him through a messanger. I don't want to risk a commlink being bugged. I'll send him a message to meet me somewhere to speak with him personally."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:56:11 PM
"Sounds like a plan...OOF!" The wind flew from Je'gan's lungs as he stood and found himself on the wrong end of a wobble.

"Here..." He braced his fellow Apprentice shoulder-to-shoulder, and took a few steps. "You lead, I'll support, OK? That ankle of yours..." He shook his head. "You shouldn't be walking on it."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 23rd, 2003, 05:01:05 PM
"I'll take care of it later. If I stay here for too long my plans will be ruined." She straightened herself up and headed towards the exit, supported by Je'gan. "I really don't know where we'd go though. We'll talk about it once we're on the shuttle I arrived in... Although I don't remember how I got the stupid thing. Probably better that it's not mine, my actions won't be tracked very easily."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 24th, 2003, 02:22:44 PM
Stilling a fledgeling sense of unease, Je'gan let himself be led to the shuttle's gate.

"You mentioned 'plans'..."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:03:01 PM
"Don't worry, I'm only talking about contacting Sasha. I don't plan on joining him in his treachorous ways. Once I've had my talk, I won't speak with him again because we're now on different sides."

They left through the palace doors, the smell of night dew in the air.

"Maybe tatooine would be the perfect place to find a messenger to send to Sasha. Once I've sent one, I'll decide where to go from there. You don't have to help me once we're in the shuttle, since there is a danger of being detected on this."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:07:27 PM
He shook his head adamantly. "I don't like the idea of letting you go through with this on your own. Former master of yours or not, he's a bloody Dark Jedi! Sure, I'm biased, but that's because the last few Dark Jedi I tangled with gave me psychological damage, broken limbs and the odd impaling." Je'gan hissed. "Beyond doubt I'm going with you."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:14:32 PM
Zatania nodded. "Thanks. If he has changed, I'm in no condition to defend myself... But since we're on the subject of masters, do you know anyone who would be willing to take me under their wing? Now that I'm masterless I'll need a new one."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:19:55 PM
"It's a fairly short list," he replied. "Southstar or Lady Vader, maybe. I haven't seen Jodah of Giva in a good long while, and every time I see that vampire...Ave, I think his name is...he's got an apprentice under his wing. He's got two or three, I think.

"That's just a few, though. There are undoubtedly a bunch more, but I can't think of any at the moment."

Zatania Duvall
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:39:14 PM
"Well thats alright. I'll see what I can find once we've returned."

By this time they had finally arrived to the shuttle, which looked to have been hastily parked, or at least parked by someone who didn't care what animals or plants they destroy in the process.

"Well, time to go."

OOC Alright, I'll make the thread in the roleplaying section once I've got a chance. It'll be asap, today.