PDA

View Full Version : Dinner for four (Dasquian, Aaron and James)

Brielle Acaana
Sep 30th, 2003, 11:14:48 AM
Her morning had dragged by horrifically slow and the rest of the day had gone from bad to worse. Evidence had been either misplaced or misfiled and heated words had been exchanged with the officers in the file room.

Forensics officer Brielle Acaana ran a hand through her hair, brushing her blonde curls away from her face. Thanks to others ineptitude, she was now more than a full day behind in her work. Now, just when her day was ending, one of the clerks carried in the two boxes she had wasted her time in trying to find.

It can all just wait until tomorrow - Im heading home for dinner, a long bath and early night!

Locking the door of the lab behind her, Brielle was exiting the main building when one of the desk officers called out her name.

"Acaana, ya got a note here from that Jedi fellow youve been seein'. He wants you to meet him at the Order."

The Order? That could mean several places but she nodded and waved her thanks as she left the stationhouse.

The Jedi complexes laid in the Chiba district, which sparkled like a jewel compared to the lower end Coco district where she was located. Though tempted to try and find Dasquian through those at Yog;s bar and grill, the note had stated simply 'the Order' and thats where she headed after parking her cherry red speeder.

It made sense to start at the main hall and thats what Brielle did, entering quietly and scanning up and down the long corridors, hoping to catch a glimpse of her tall, blonde Knight.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:46:42 AM
Dasquian appeared from one door with a short figure in tow. The small one, also in Jedi robes, was lobbing questions left right and center at the Jedi Knight, who responded as best he could whilst trying to walk and not bump into anything at the same time. Only when, having crossed the raised platform, reaching the stairs did the Padawan relent, as he scurried away – having seen another to pester somewhere else. With a heavy sigh of relief Dasquian looked away, down the stairs, and at Brielle.

“By the Force, am I glad to see you.”

He shook his head and held a hand to his hot forehead, “It feels like my head is going to explode, I’ve been fielding induction and initiation questions all day so for. I feel like a broken record.”

The Hallaeran chuckled at himself then, as though concluding his little rant, clapped his hands together.

“I hope I didn’t pull you away from anything important, only I found someone – aside from Aaron – who actually wanted to look after Valanya and I thought … well … I probably shouldn’t waste that opportunity. Especially after what Aaron had mentioned to me after he spoke to you.”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 1st, 2003, 11:55:24 AM
Her face lit up at his greeting and she smiled widely in response. Seeing Dasquian was always a highlight of any day and she certainly needed something bright after her day at work. Brielle could feel the stress draining away simply being in his calming presence.

"Its good to see you too, Dasquian. The only thing you pulled me away from was another night alone."

Brielle moved to his side and out of the way of several older padawans as they walked past.

Her heart skipped a beat at his words of having spoken to Aaron. She and Aaron had talked about a great many things a few nights earlier, some of which she wouldnt want Dasquian to know - not yet, at least. But she highly doubted that Dasquians' twin would say anything out of line. Still...

"Oh? What did Aaron tell you?"

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 1st, 2003, 03:13:10 PM
“That you were hoping for the four of us – James and him, with the pair of us – to go out somewhere.”

Dasquian smiled and Brielle seemed relieved, though he couldn’t quite figure why. Mentally he shrugged, happy in his ridiculous naivety. Today was going to be a good day, he was sure of it, and he wasn’t about to let any little concerns or silly questions bother him.

Slipping his hand into Brielle’s, he asked:

“How about we do that today?”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 1st, 2003, 03:26:02 PM
"Well - sure! Thats sounds great!"

Brielle glanced down at her hand, now interlocked with Dasquian's and suddenly felt giddy. It amazed her that he was putting on a show of public affection but she wasnt about to point it out to him. Gently, she squeezed his hand.

"I need to do some grocery shopping - you can help me choose what to buy - Id hate to get something that no one likes."

Aaron Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:44:25 PM
Hello, James. I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to dinner.

Hi, James. Want to come for a bite to eat?

Hail and well met, Padawan Prent.

Sigh.

Aaron stood outside of the room in the Jedi Order living quarter, arms folded over his chest as he pondered over how he was going to phrase what he had to ask his … good friend, James. He had been so deep in thought that he hadn’t noticed the fact that the door had opened and James was now standing in the threshold, one brow quirked at him.

Oh!

“Hello, James,” He snapped out of his trance and smiled anxiously.

“Are you busy? I was wondering if you’d like to come out for ah, a meal and such with me, Dasquian and a… friend of his.”

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:52:58 PM
“I think Aaron would eat anything you put in front of him,” Dasquian smiled.

“Although I’m not so sure about James… considering we risked life and limb for one another, I don’t know all that much about her.”

He laughed quietly to himself, “I’ll have to tell you that story sometime. Perhaps over lunch! That way James can give her account too. I’m sure it would be very different to mine, especially since I think she felt as though I was dragging her along on some suicidal crusade – which I wasn’t!”

James Prent
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:11:39 PM
The door chimed, and James quickly stubbed out her stimcig, and waved her hand around, trying to keep the smoke from going in the window. She ducked through the open windows and then closed them from the inside, tripping over a tunic she'd tossed on the ground. With a practiced move the padawan scooped up the wayward item of clothing and tossed it on the bed as she made her way to the door.

James palmed the door control and it slid back, revealing Aaron Belargic. He was staring into space a little blankly, and she raised an eyebrow. The other padawan seemed to come back from wherever he'd been, and quickly greeted her.

"Hello, James," he smiled. "Are you busy? I was wondering if you’d like to come out for ah, a meal and such with me, Dasquian and a… friend of his."

She smiled widely as he recovered a semblence of composure. "That sounds great! Right now, or can I change my clothes first?"

Aaron Belargic
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:25:39 AM
“Oh no, you have time to change.”

Aaron thought the young Padawan looked fine the way she was, being that he wasn’t too formally dressed himself, but imagined they both would have felt a little embarrassed upon turning up to find Dasquian and Brielle looking like they were about to meet the Hallaeran King.

“Dasquian said that we should meet him in the lobby, but that isn’t for, oh… another half an hour.”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:04:31 AM
Brielles step faltered and she glanced at her chrono again.

"What time did you tell them? Are we meeting them here or are they arriving later?"

If it were the former, then there would be no time to shop and she would have to serve whatever she had at home. The latter would be the better option and give her time to prepare but as she looked up at Dasquian expectantly, Brie suddenly realized that it wasnt overly important.

That Dasquian himself had more or less 'arranged' this dinner, was. Brielle had gently urged the Knight to be more assertive in his wants and dislikes and it seemed he had taken her words to heart. It pleased her to see him taking control and not sit back letting others run the 'show'.

"Did Aaron tell you that swimming was on the menu as well? I have extra suits if his friend needs to borrow one."

James Prent
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:18:37 PM
"Half an hour? Where are we going... I don't know what to wear." James ran her hand through her hair, and looked down at the tunic and pants she was wearing. She stepped back and turned around, Aaron following her inside the apartment as the door closed behind him.

Nearly oblivious, James yanked open a few drawers, pulling out various clothing items as she wriggled out of her loose workout pants and pulled on a pair of linen trousers. Now...for a shirt...

Aaron Belargic
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:38:55 AM
“Just… Brielle’s apartment I think. She’s going to cook for us, so I doubt we’ll be venturing out to a restaurant!”

Aaron made himself at home, sitting down on the edge of James’ bed.

“Dasquian says she lives in this huge penthouse… upper Coruscant. It has a swimming pool on the roof. Pretty amazing.”

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:57:46 AM
“I told Aaron that we’d meet them in the lobby of the Order in about … 25 minutes time.”

Dasquian cringed slightly, hoping he hadn’t trampled on or unknowingly changed any plans.

“Oh and I did mention swimming might be on the cards too, yes.”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:32:31 PM
Blonde curls bobbed and danced as Brielle nodded her head.

"Good. A dip would perfect tonight - a chance to work out some kinks."

Her free hand came up to rub at the back of her neck.

"Its been one of those days where nothing has gone right and being with friends is the best way I can think of to end it - not that youre a friend - I mean..."

Brielle dropped her hand from her neck and now clasped it over the top of his that was still firmly meshed with hers.

"You know what I meant."

James Prent
Oct 5th, 2003, 11:52:33 PM
"Swimming?" She hadn't been swimming in ages. It sounded divine. James kept her back turned to Aaron as she pulled her tunic off over her head and then slipped into a fresh shirt, buttoning it up as she turned around. Pausing, she pointed by the side of the bed, "Can you toss me that bag then?"

Aaron leaned over, found the bag, and threw it underhand towards her. James got the last button done up just in time and caught it awkwardly. A few moments longer and she had her swimsuit and a towel stuffed inside. She zipped it up and tossed near the door, walking towards Aaron. He smelled good.

"You smell good." She jumped at him, knocking him backwards on the bed and deciding to find out if he was ticklish.

Aaron Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:43:40 AM
“Hey… hey!” Aaron squirmed, “We need to look presentable!”

The Padawan wriggled enough to somehow, through stifled laughs, get a hold on James.

“Plus, you need to save your energy for swimming, mm, otherwise someone is going to get their rear royally kicked if we race – not that I imagine that wouldn’t be the case regardless of whether you were rested or not!”

The Hallaeran tagged on, with a growing grin.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:47:36 AM
Dasquian smiled and nodded, having understood quite clearly from the beginning.

“Are we going to go shopping then, or might we have to do that when James and Aaron arrive?”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:13:36 PM
Brielle rolled her eyes and bopped her head against Dasquian's arm.

"I am so thick, sometimes! My housekeeper is there, now. I'll just call her and she can start dinner and when Aaron and his girlfriend arrive, we can just stop off somewhere so that I can pick up something for dessert."

As she spoke, the off-duty Watch officer was pulling her comm out of her ever present leather bag. The call was made and all was set in motion. Now, they just needed Aaron and his friend to show up.

James Prent
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:20:03 PM
"Speaking of racing..." James yelped as he picked her up and set her back on her feet. "How about a friendly challenge? Last one to the main hall is bantha poodoo!" She laughed at the look on his face, and danced over to the door, opening it and slinging her bag over her shoulders. "I'll even carry the bag to make the odds even. Anyway we'll be late if we don't run."

The much shorter padawan jogged out and cast a look behind her to see if he was following or not.

Aaron Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:33:42 PM
When James turned, Aaron was almost right behind him.

“Come on then!”

He weaved to the side past her, long legs carrying him quickly with quick strides. Around a corner and into another corridor – and almost another Padawan. It was as though two running peopled equaled some sort of reason for panic, as the Hallaeran a few confused and alarmed faces as he ran. Already he was regretting his sprint start, as he saw James confidently over take him as they came up on the lobby.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:37:14 PM
Brielle and Dasquian had sat down and been talking quietly, just enjoying the calm atmosphere in the chamber. That is, until two Padawan’s came barreling in, all laughs and shrieks as they darted for their invisible finishing line. Dasquian looked up to see his mirror self halting, huffing and puffing, and couldn’t help but laugh.

“It appears you haven’t been working out hard enough, Aaron,” he remarked as he rose to his feet.

A customary bow was made, his hand slipping from Brielles.

“Brielle, this is James Prent… a Jedi Padawan like my brother. James, this is Officer Brielle Acaana of the Coruscant City Watch, who has graciously offered to be our host for the day.”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:48:41 PM
Her smile was warm as she greeted Dasquian's twin brother and Padawan Prent.

"Its good to see you again, Aaron. I hope youve been well."

Green eyes shifted to the young woman standing beside Aaron.

"Im pleased to meet you, James Prent."

James Prent
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:04:34 PM
Aaron didn't take into account the fact that James used to run marathons when she was in school. She picked up the pace a little bit, and managed to get by him, although he grabbed onto the strap of her bag, trying to hold her back. They certainly didn't enter the main entrance quietly.

Now, meeting Dasquian's blonde friend, James saw she was once again the shortest person in the group. Unless they were meeting up with an Ewok it would probably stay that way for the rest of her life. Aaron tugged on her bag again, and she surrepticiously elbowed him as Dasquian made introductions.

"The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Acaana." Acaana...oh gods is this who I think it is? James gave an expert bow, as a padawan would to any elder, and then grinned. "Can I knock off the formal stuff?"

Aaron Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:19:38 PM
“I would think so.”

Aaron beamed impishly, having returned Dasquian’s bow in a playfully dramatic fashion.

“I hope we aren’t late. James insisted on smartening up for meeting you both. As you can see from the results, she did a marvelous job,” he said, motioning to the decidedly wind-swept looking apprentice.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:23:55 PM
“No, you’re early actually, and I can see why.”

Dasquian maintained the polite smile and glanced back to Brielle, trying not to act like the mature fatherly-type as he seemed to always do in these types of situations. Once again taking Brie’s hand, he asked:

“Shall we go then?”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:46:07 PM
"Im ready and yes, please, James, call me Brielle. 'Ms. Acaana' makes me feel old."

She pulled a face and glanced again at James and Aaron. Their faces were glowing from both the run and laughter and it was infectious. Grinning, she turned to Dasquian and handed him her bag.

"Would you hold that please - Aaron, would you please hold James' for her? Thank you."

Releasing his hand, Brielle walked past James and lightly took her wrist, leading her to the outside door and opening it so that the two women could walk through. Leaning down, she whispered quietly to the shorter female who grinned widely and shot a mischievous look at the two Hallaerans, who were watching, completely puzzled.

Letting the doors close behind them, Brielle grinned at Dasquian through the glass.

"One.."

"Two..."

"Three..."

"GO!"

James shouted the last word with a laugh as the ladies turned and dashed off toward Brielle's speeder, leaving the twin brothers staring after the two giggling women.

James Prent
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:57:53 PM
Brielle passed the test. She was almost certainly related to Coruscant's former Senator, but she was fun and not stuck up, so the day wouldn't be a waste. James decided to see if she could outrun the taller woman in a sprint, as the speeder wasn't far, and so stretched out her legs, putting on a burst of speed as the two brothers fought to get out of the door.

Aaron Belargic
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:28:27 AM
Aaron gave Dasquian a shove and managed to me out first, however this seemed to have little effect on the odds of the race as his brother sped past him within seconds.

“Cheater!” he barked out, as the Force carried a laughing Dasquian ahead.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:41:16 PM
The little burst hadn’t gotten him to the speeder first, however. James and Brielle were already there, looking victorious. Both Belargic brothers slowed upon seeing this, although Aaron shot off again upon seeing his brothers’ defeat – resulting in Dasquian being the last to arrive. He smirked slightly and told himself that the slow and plodding tortoise always won the race in the end.

The group climbed in, with the twins squeezing into the back, all cramped and hoping the journey wouldn’t last too long.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:52:19 PM
Grinning at Dasquian in the rearview mirror, Brielle teased him over his last place staus.

"Slowpoke, who was it that said Aaron hadnt been training enough?"

Easing the speeder out, then up onto traffic, she directed her next words to James and Aaron.

"If you dont mind, I need to stop at a deli somewhere and pick up a dessert. Is that alright?"

James Prent
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:57:14 PM
James shook her head, "No that sounds fine." She twisted around to look back at the matching occupants of the backseat, and grinned at Aaron. "And I'd say he hasn't been training enough, I almost got him in a spar a few days ago."

She winked impishly at Aaron, and quickly ducked back around again.

Aaron Belargic
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:57:37 PM
“More like someone got lucky and managed to pull a few good moves!”

Aaron turned to Dasquian, “I was already tired from training. I was at a disadvantage really.”

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:59:17 PM
“No excuses, grasshopper. You just have to accept that you were beaten. Badly.”

Dasquian grinned as the speeder whirred to a halt outside a small shop.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:15:57 PM
"I'll be right back."

It was a promise soon kept as Brielle returned, arms laden with several boxes.

Without shame, she grinned at the others.

"They all looked so good!"

Passing them back to the Belargic twins, the foursome headed up, up, up and leveled out in one of the higher traffic lanes. Swinging her red speeder out of the congestion, Brielle made a quick dash across one of the rooftops, bringing the vehicle to a halt beneath a single parking slip.

"This is it. Hop on out and we'll go inside."

James Prent
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:17:05 PM
James opened the door and stepped out, gathering her bag and a box of goodies from Aaron so he could get out of the backseat. "You live up here?" She looked up and around them as the twins joined Brielle on the duracrete.

She couldn't remember being so high up on Coruscant before. It was a little unnerving. Well, in the Jedi temple, yes...but this was different.

Aaron Belargic
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:25:09 PM
Aaron’s reaction was similar to James'. This was his first visit to Casa Acaana and it was impressive already. Shifting the box in his arms, he followed as Dasquian and Brielle lead the way towards a set off stairs that dipped down into the roof itself. The Padawan followed somewhat cautiously, always watching his step for fear or stepping on something.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:09:37 PM
The troop emerged through some small doors into a lift. It wasn’t a small lift, either. There was space for them, boxes and, all to fit in comfortably. When it finally pinged to a halt and they made their way out into the hallway, Dasquian saw Aaron’s expression go from impressed to very impressed – he could read his brother like a book, and as they approached Brielle’s door he could see the tension as the Hallaeran wondered what would be behind door number two.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:27:11 PM
Keying in the security code, she smiled apologetically to her guests.

"Being suspicious and overly protective comes with the territory, I guess."

She was referring to her line of work and knew they would pick up on it.

Swinging the door wide, she ushered James, Aaron and Dasquian inside, closing and locking the door behind her.

"If you stack the boxes for me, I'll take them to the kitchen and Dasquian can start the tour. I'll catch right up."

James Prent
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:22:47 PM
James tried not to look like a lower level city rat as she stared around the hallway they found themselves in. Aaron took the box from her and handed it to Brielle, but she barely noticed.

Then, blinking, she shouldered her swim bag. Better get used to this sort of thing, James. After all, what Jedi would stand around gawking when she should be doing her job? The padawan squared her shoulders, and looked at Dasquian as Brielle bustled to the kitchen. She winked. "You've been here before, then?"

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:34:04 AM
“Of course.”

Dasquian smiled proudly. He had gotten over the stage where the slightest mention of Brielle was coloring him coy. With the last of the boxes away and in Brielle’s car, the Jedi paced away from the door and towards the large living area – it was sunken into the floor, with a large circular ergonomic couch running the interior of the whole inset.

“You know,” he called back over his shoulder, turning back around.

“I don’t know my way around this place that well – it’s so big. Are you sure you want to let me show everyone around?”

Aaron Belargic
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:34:30 AM
“What’s amatter, brother? Afraid we’ll stumble onto something?”

Aaron gave Dasquian a nudge in the side, causing his twin to frown slightly. He held his hands up in defense and grinned.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:19:22 AM
From the safety of the kitchen, Brielle grinned at Aaron's light teasing. It was good to keep Dasquian on his toes and his twin seemed to have a good handle on doing just that.

Tucking the scrumptious desserts into the 'frig, Brie rejoined the others out in the familyroom/pool house.

"We could eat here if you like, instead of in the dining room - the view is better."

She was referring to the wrap around windows which gave a spectacular panoramic view of the cityscape.

James Prent
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:26:43 PM
James felt small in such a big room, with its huge windows and breathtaking view. She unconsciously slipped her arm through Aaron's as she looked around. "Your house is amazing, Brielle."

Aaron Belargic
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:09:45 AM
“That sounds good… although I wouldn’t want to get anything on your immaculate furnishings.”

Aaron glanced off to the windows and squinted a little at the bright light.

“I’m not sure I’d be able to concentrating on eating, either, what that there!”

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:26:05 PM
“You can go lock yourself in the closet then, Aaron. It’s nice and dark in there, and I’m sure you wouldn’t be missed.”

Aaron looked to his brother with raised eyebrows, but Dasquian simply replied with a smile before looking back to Brielle.

“Wherever you’d like us to eat… everywhere in this apartment is wonderful.”

Brielle Acaana
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:42:58 PM
It didnt take Brielle long to decide which table to set.

The formal dining room was just that - formal. Dining out in the family room would be more relaxed and create an atmosphere for the evening ahead.

Appearing through the large open walkway, the Watch officer carried place settings for four and quickly had the table in order, ready for when the housekeeper announced that dinner was ready.

"I eat out here often, when Im alone. The lights of the city and the traffic are entertaining to watch. They tend to keep my feet on the ground by reminding me just how 'small' I really am."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 15th, 2003, 08:16:25 AM
“It is humbling. I remember first arriving here, and being totally bewildered. It seemed as though it wouldn’t be possible for the city to become any larger, both in population and height, but quite obviously I was wrong in that train of thought.”

Dasquian helped Brielle as she set out the mats, knives, forks and the like.

“I can’t abide the traffic here, though,” he continued, “There doesn’t even appear to be any sense of coherence to the way the lanes work. People drive anywhere, without any regard for one another.”

At a thought, he chuckled and looked towards James, sharing a private joke.

“Although, I suppose in some respects I should be thankful for that. If it wasn’t for the sheer chaos the traffic system is in, I don’t think that chase would have been half as easy.”

James Prent
Nov 18th, 2003, 02:20:44 PM
James laughed, and unconsciously ran a hand over her forehead where she'd been cut during that chase. "If I knew being a padawan to Salemn Lysce was going to be that hard, I think I'd of asked for someone else. Er, no offense to her, of course." She got a little quiet, thinking about the nightmare in the dark it had been when they'd finally found the unconscious Jedi Knight. The horrors in those dark hallways...

She blinked, "But all in all, the traffic here isn't bad, it just takes some getting used to. I've lived here all my life, and so I know my way around pretty well."

Brielle Acaana
Nov 18th, 2003, 04:39:11 PM
Brie watched the exchange curiously, noting how James seemed a tad uncomfortable in remembering the event.

"I take it that this 'chase' was more than you had bargained for. Were you injured during it?"

A soft click swayed her attention as she swivled her head towards Aaron, who had opened the sliding glass doors out to the roof and the pool beyond.