PDA

View Full Version : As good as her word...

Brielle Acaana
Sep 30th, 2003, 12:47:22 AM
Holding it up and to the light, a pair of large, green eyes examined the finished product critically.

Turning it first one way, then another, she could detect no reflective surface on the small hand held object - which was good. It wasnt supposed to have any. Completely light reflective had been her orders.

A small fan was placed on a nearby desk and turned on to the highest setting. Walking over in front of it, she thumbed the tiny wheel which instantly produced the desired effect. Held close to the fan or away from it, the end results were the same - it worked.

"Water wont affect it either. Ive already tried."

A quick glance at the man speaking and she went back to her perusal, after closing the lid.

The lazer etching on the back of the case was a show of true workmanship. Details were so fine that it could have been copied from a picture instead of her memory. She turned the case over in her hand to examine the front.

Three letters graced this side, three initials. His initials. Though he had only shared his last name with her, she had called back to the hotel where she had spent the night alone and had inquired to the signature of the man who had signed for her room.

Jonas T. Remkah

Running her thumb over them now brought back the whole of the one night she had met and fallen in love with Rem. She was sure now that it had all been one sided on her part, that he had not felt anything other than pity for the blonde stranger who found herself alone in a new place.

How foolish she had been to think there could ever have been more - but on the heels of thought rose an image of dark hair and dark, deepset eyes...and the most incredible voice she had ever heard. Low and gravelly, it had sent a thrill of excitement through her as she heard it replay once again in her mind.

Quickly, she turned to the man who was patiently waiting for her answer, tucking her memories back where they belonged.

"Its perfect."

Such an item didnt come cheaply but she didnt batt a lash when quoted the price. Paying in full, she left the small shop and headed straight away to post her gift. A 'thank you' gift from her to him.

Taking a minute before handing her small cargo over to the shippers, she wrote a quick note for the reciever.

Remkah,

I hope this note finds you well and doing fine. The past three months have been busy for me, as Im sure they have for you.

Let me apologize for the lateness of your gift - it should have been sent right after I got home - Im sorry.

I hope you like it and thought it would come in handy for those long rides or time spent by the rainbow falls.

Take care of yourself and thank you, again.

Fondly,
Brielle

Folding the paper inside the cigarette lighter's box, Brie slid it across the counter to the desk clerk and with a small word of thanks, left the building.

Remkah
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:48:58 PM
Setting the letter to rest on the bunk beside him, Remkah tore at the corner of the paper wrapping - his mind already journeyed to another time and place, the sensation of the soft mist of the rainbow falls almost real against his skin...the scent of pine...and the prettiest eyes he'd ever seen, smiling at him..

The parcel had arrived at Poseidon's Gate, and after being screened by security, had been promptly forwarded to Remkah in his suite on Base.

It had been a surprise, and at first the dark Captain had been puzzled. But then, as he took it in his hands, a strange feeling came over him and he knew who the package was from before even reading a word.

......Brielle......

He smiled as he pictured her, and all the feelings that he had been determinedly stifling down inside his gut since she left had come right back. He knew he had been fooling himself to think he could just "not think about her" because he spent almost all his time thinking "not to think about her."

And now, out of the blue. Something tangible, connective to knock him off balance once again.

Freeing the gift from its wrap, the solid weight of the white-gold case was cool in his palm. He examined the scene etched with delicate skill on the back and his initials fluid along the side. Brielle, not surprisingly, had shown her resourcefulness in finding his full name. He laughed to himself. He shoulda' known.

Flipping open the top, he rolled the wheel with his thumb and a bright white flame shot forward, the heat of it emanating to his face as he looked on it with pleasure.

He remembered Brielle trying a cigarette, out there in the quiet of the falls and surrounding woods, and gagging back the smoke.

A rueful grin as he slowly closed the lighter, extinguishing the flame.

Throwing his legs up on the bunk, and laying back against the pillows propped against the wall, Remkah lifted the note. A happy smile tugging on his lips as he read the letter once again.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:30:46 PM
Turning her head to the side, she gulped down a breath of air then plunged her face back into the inviting blue of the pool, slowly exhaling air bubbles through her nose.

Lightly tanned arms trimmed the water as Brielle neared the end of this lap. Ducking into an underwater sommersault, she planted her feet against the smooth side of the pool and kicked off hard, allowing her momentum to carry her several yards before her blond head surfaced and she struck out for the far end.

Lap after lap ticked by without any real notice. Pedicured toes and feet churned up a small froth, leaving miniscule whirpools in her wake. Perfectly manicured fingernails cleaved the water ahead as Acaana pulled her lithe form through the water.

The pace which she had set for herself couldnt be sustained indefinitely and with a finality, the young Watch officer hauled out from the pool on trembling arms.

Her towel laid draped across the arms of a chaize lounge on the opposite side of the swim area but now she was too tired to retrieve it - or care.

The sun was bright and warm, streaming through the glass housing surrounding the pool and Brielle stood, walking the few feet over to the diving board and laid down on it, stretching out to let the sun dry her off.

Her green eyes closed as she succombed to that drowzy, half-awake, half asleep state as the sun poured over her body like a warm blanket and her thoughts carried her back over the past few days.

It was a sweet torture she granted herself, thinking about the dark-haired man from Enton. Remkah rose up behind her sleepy eyelids, his cocky smile bringing one to her own lips as she remembered their one all too brief encounter. Brielle knew better than to dwell on what could not be - a lesson she had learned after her father was killed. It was best to focus on what was right in front of her.

Dasquian's image flowed into being, the gentle violet eyes, the calm countenance and his long blonde hair. Proud without being vain and brave to the point of risking his life for those he didnt know. They were perfect for one another and their personalities blended well together, his complimenting hers and vice versa. The Jedi Knight and Watch officer drew out the best in each other and they both knew it.

Then why did I almost call out the wrong name two nights ago?

The answer eluded her just as it always had from their first meeting. Perhaps she was never to know...only wish and dream that things had gone differently that one night overlooking the rainbow falls.

Remkah
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:57:35 PM
About the same time that Brielle was doing laps in the pool, Remkah was being jetted upward in the turbolift toward the level where the Watch Officer's apartment was situated. Just figured it had to be the top - the Penthouse - as Remkah wasnt very fond of heights.

It wasnt the long drop, but the sudden stop at the end that made him edgey.

Still...ever since the arrival of his gift at SFF, the Base Captain had sought an opportunity to visit Coruscant and fortunately, one week later he had orders to make a drop for Hera.

Having taken care of business upon his arrival two days earlier, Remkah had gotten to the task of sitting out to watch the CCW building and had easily followed Brielle home.

He felt kind of creepy doing this...but he knew no other way apart from going in there and asking for her. Which given his line of work, seemed a tad risky.

And so it was, that he found himself with the decision to see her or not to see her.

He was still debating within himself when the turbo lift doors opened and he shuffled out onto the thick creme carpet of the corridor.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:19:48 AM
The calm and quiet of the pool could have easily lulled her senses to sleep, had she allowed it and she came very close to doing just that.

The highly tempered-strength glass housing surrounding the swim area shut out the traffic noises of the city and with only the soft lapping of the water beneath her, Brielle could easily imagine herself back on one of the many beaches she had visited as a child while vacationing with her parents.

As tempting and appealing as the thought of taking a nap by the poolside was, it certainly didnt help with any of the various chores she had alloted herself this day.

Forcing her body up with a disgruntled groan, Brie snatched up the towel as she walked past the chaise lounger and wrapped it around her hips, tucking the loose end inside the 'waistband'.

With one last glance back at the inviting blue of the water, she entered the penthouse through the sliding glass doors of the family room and started up the stairs to gather her laundry.

Remkah
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:10:45 PM
He thumbed the gold lighter in his pocket, the etching of the metal easily distinguishable against his skin as he stood looking at the door.

Then, he lifted his hand and palm-punched the raised panel beside the apartment numbers. He heard a soft "ding" through the closed door. Taking a deep breath, he waited for it to open.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:27:32 PM
It was a rarity when anyone rang her doorbell, though it had been getting more use as of late with Dasquian's visit to the penthouse.

Brielle was halfway up the staircase when the soft and melodic chimes sounded, startling her. Traipsing back down, she wondered who it could be.

Dasquian, she knew, was out of town for a day or two and Brielle doubted that either his twin brother Aaron, or Aaron's girlfriend James Prent would stop by unexpectedly, but it was possible. Mentally, she eliminated these three possibilities.

Her mother always rang her up before stopping by, so that discounted the older Acaana female. Commander Vymes.. now there was someone who would drop unannounced if he were in the neighbothood, but the call wouldnt be of a social nature.

All of these thoughts zipped through her mind in the time it took the green-eyed blonde to cross the living room floor and come to stand at the front door.

Flicking the intercomm switch, she spoke to the visitor.

"Yes, who is this?"

Remkah
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:31:31 PM
"The Postman" he replied with a grin, and rang the bell again.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:39:22 PM
Brielle's heart quite literally skipped a beat as the gravel-laced voice grated through her side of the speaker.

Remkah!

As she reached up to spruce up her 'do, she realized what a sight she must look, having just come from the pool. The bounce in her curls had deserted their post and what she was wearing did little to enhance her sex appeal.

But he was here.

Giving her hair a good toss and readjusting the towel at her hips, Brielle unlocked the door and swung it open. A teasing grin tugged at her lips.

"I hope this is a 'special delivery' and not a COD."

Remkah
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:52:18 PM
He tried to act cool as Brielle's smile dazzled him, but the blush that exploded at the base of his throat and radiated on up to heat his face assured him he'd failed miserably.

"Hello Brielle" he managed to utter with some coherency, "I'm glad I caught you in."

Not that he didnt know she was home, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Then, to show how astute and observer he was, he stated the obvious.

"Been swimming?"

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:05:48 PM
"What gave it away?"

Stepping aside, she gestured her hand toward the living room.

"Please, come in."

Brielle had caught the rapid flush on his skin and smiled to herself. Her own heart was racing now and the sound of the frantic beating was loud in her ears.

"Umm...would I have time to run upstairs and change? I feel a bit at a disadvantage, here."

The dark eyes that had been apprasing her home now swung back to her. Unspoken comments were on the tip of his tongue and she could see him debating on if he should say anything or leave well enough alone.

"Yeah, sure. I'll wait."

With a smile of thanks, Brie hurried toward the stairs.

"Just make yourself at home. The bar is right behind you and food is in the 'frig. I'll be right back."

Remkah
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:10:33 PM
He walked in a small circle, not really knowing what to do with himself. She had a nice joint. Clean, bright. He turned to the source of the light and found himself looking through an expansive glass door to the swimming pool beyond.

Strolling through the living area, the Base Captain slid open the door, and stepped out into the day.

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:19:40 PM
Brie had been hard put to contain her steps to a walk. Her feminine impulse had wanted her to run to her room and start tearing madly through her clothing in search of just the right thing to slip on.

Instead, she opted for a quick sonic shower, a pair of comfortable jeans and a button- down shirt, complete with rolled up cuffs.

Turning to check her appearance, Brie was horrified to see that during her swim, her mascara had run, lending her the look of one of the rough sports players or an animal she had seen once at the city zoo.

Grabbing a corner of the bedsheet and dabbing it against her tongue, she wiped the black streaks away in embarrassment. How he had kept from laughing at her image was beyond her.

Fluffing her hair and pinching her cheeks to add a quick color, Brie skipped down the staircase, looking down at where she expected him to be. Remkah was nowhere in sight.

A tour of the suites pointed her to the rooftop pool. Rem stood beside it, inside the glass housing and Brielle walked over to join him.

Remkah
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:31:06 PM
"You look beautiful , Brielle"

She could see he was being sincere as spoke.

"Even better than I remembered, if thats possible."

Pulling his eyes from her, he made a pretense of taking in the whole surroundings.

"You got a great place here - not doing too bad with the Watch huh?"

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:39:41 PM
It was her turn to feel the spread of heat suffuse her neck and face and her palms suddenly began to sweat.

"Thank you, Remkah. Youre...looking pretty good, yourself."

He was just as she remembered - dark, quiet, contemplative and with a quick wit that always brought a grin to her face. His words pleased her immensely.

"I dont make all that much with the Watch, not in the Coco district. The big money is in Chiba. But this is 'family' money - mine, but from the family."

Green eyes drifted slowly over his profile as he took in the panoramic view.

"This is a most unexpected surprise - wonderful but unexpected. Will you be staying on Coruscant long?"

Remkah
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:50:48 PM
"No, not long" he said, and Brielle noticed he volunteered no further information.

He caught her expression as he turned back from the view to look at her and smiled roguishly.

"Long enough to take you to dinner later, if you are free"

Brielle Acaana
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:54:49 PM
Still a man with secrets. Someday - maybe, she would find out more about him.

Hiding her disappointment, she turned toward him.

"Dinner sounds great, Rem. Do I need to change again?"

Remkah
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:22:46 PM
"Do a little turn down the runway for me, so I can decide"

His lopsided grin conveyed he was only joking, but nevertheless he made a great show of looking her over. Then more seriously he observed,

"You look great. Dont need to change a thing"

He looked at his chrono.

"Its a bit early for dinner, though, but Im hungry if you are"

Brielle Acaana
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:12:37 PM
Brie could feel his dark eyes running over her lithe form and she repressed a tiny shudder of desire.

Coming around to face him again, she grinned.

"Youre hungry if I am? Does that mean youre really hungry or youd go ahead and eat if I was?"

Cocking her head to one side, a playful grin still on her lips, she looked him up and down. What wasnt to like about the tall drink of water standing in front of her?

Slipping an arm through his, she began to steer him back toward the penthouse.

"I just happen to know of a speeder and swoop show going on right now...vintage, customized, one of a kind vehicles...would you be interested in going to see something like that before dinner?"

Remkah
Nov 1st, 2003, 12:01:18 AM
"I never knew you spoke Remkah"

He grinned.

"You'll need your jacket"

Looks like they were going on his speeder again.

Brielle Acaana
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:21:40 PM
Slipping her arm from his, Brielle stepped back inside first, gesturing to the door as Rem walked through.

"Lock that, please? Let me run up and grab my jacket then I'll be set."

Remembering to grab a proper ponytail holder this time, Brie tucked it into a pocket then pulled a black leather jacket from a hangar in her closet.

It didnt have the look of a true biker, as Remkah's did but it suited the purpose and perhaps she wouldnt stand out like a sore thumb in the throng of people who were sure to be gathered at the speeder show.

Shrugging her arms into the sleeves, Brielle skipped back down the staircase, her face once again lighting up at the sight of him.

"Im ready, Freddy."

Remkah
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:02:44 PM
"Leather never had it so good"

He admired as Brielle came back downstairs toward him, her black jacket swishing softly as she moved.

He opened the apartment door, and allowed her to pass through ahead of him.

"You know how to get to this place right? and no ditchin me for some shiney red speeder, neither ."

Brielle Acaana
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:00:55 AM
"Do I know.....pft! Youre talking to real life native Coruscantian, handsome. I know every nook, cranny and hiding place worth noting...or worth hiding in."

Setting the security system with a swipe of her keycard, Brielle fell into step beside Remkah as they entered the elevator to take them down level.

"Shiney red, I already have. I was thinking along the lines of sturdy and understated, something thats been around the block a few times but still has a lot of power under the hood."

Her expression was one of pure innocence and Rem was left wondering if Brie was referring to something or someone.

The lift doors slid open and wide grin split her face as Brielle followed her lanky companion to where his speeder bike sat waiting.

Remkah
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:28:58 AM
He was left to mull over what exactly she was alluding to, though he felt certain what she meant.

The connection between them was obvious, and as she climbed up behind him on the speeder bike, the sparks were still there too.

He wondered again at the wisdom of coming to see her. But he knew he had to. May as well enjoy it while he could. This would be the last time.

Setting his face grimly at the thought, he pulled down his visor and reved the speeder.

Brielle clung tight around his waist, and with a sudden lurch, Remkah urded the bike into motion.

Brielle Acaana
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:01:58 PM
Squeezing her knees against his thighs and slipping her arms around his lean waist, Brielle didnt budge as the bike surged forward. She had ridden with Rem before and while he was an smooth driver, he also liked speed and within just a few seconds, the Base Captain was weaving in and out of the traffic lanes, exceeding the speed limit and breaking several minors laws to boot.

It was the best ride through the city that Brielle had experienced.

Pointing left and right at the appropriate times, the pair was soon entering the large parking area of the old Metro building, a massive structure which still sported various cultural exhibits.

Leaving his speeder bike behind, they paid their admission fee and walked into a veritable smorgasboard of machines. Row after row and as far as the eye could see, highly polished bikes and speeders were on display.

Brielle glanced up, catching Remkah's enraptured expression. Gathering his hand in hers, she smiled.

"Can I speak 'Remkah', or cant I?"

Remkah
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:53:04 PM
A euphoric murmer was all the reply Brielle got - Remkah's attention had been thoroughly arrested by a gleaming black and silver "panther" edition of the Ruutan Speeder Bike 5000.

It was a godess and he couldn't keep his hands off her. Running along her sleek frame and powerful engine, the pirate practically held his breath.

"Now, this...this is what every man really dreams about"

He looked up at the grinning Watch Officer and wanted to add, "when his mind isnt swirling full of you and can finally sleep, that is" but somehow the words would not come out.

Which he knew, was just as well.

Brielle Acaana
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:32:29 AM
It was totally and completely rediculous to be jealous of these machines, a thought that Brielle kept reminding herself of every few feet.

Remkah wasnt ignoring her, far from it. He would stop and explain the engine sizes and the exhaust systems and almost everything else about each metallic monster that caught his eye. And truthfully, Brielle was enjoying his running commentary.

It was the way he kept touching them and stroking them that made her wish .....

"Theyre selling beer over at that stand. Im buying...want one?"

"Beer, bikes and babes. It doesnt get any better than this. Id love one."

His head turned to watch as Brielle made her way to the small concession and plunked down her credits for two cold, bottles. As the green-eyed blonde rejoined him, she jerked her head in the direction of the black and silver 'Panther'.

"Why dont you buy it?"

Remkah
Nov 15th, 2003, 12:51:41 AM
Brielle could tell Remkah had alread had the same thought.

"Maybe I will.."

He took the offered beer and gave her a wink.

"Why dont you let me get one for you. A bike maybe?"

Brielle Acaana
Nov 15th, 2003, 01:06:17 AM
Covering her mouth with her hand, Brielle choked down her mouthful of beer, then laughed good naturedly at his offer.

"Me? Miss Prim and Proper whipping around the city on a speeder bike?"

Her teeth flashed as she grinned widely, her head shaking at the image.

"Youre tremendously sweet to offer, Rem, but I couldnt. These are gorgeous machines and theyre fun to ride....when you have someone to ride them with."

Slipping her hand into his, Brielle tugged him back the way they had came, pointing towards the far end of the line.

"You need to buy the Phantom. The two of you belong together."

Remkah
Nov 17th, 2003, 09:57:55 PM
"Nonsense, Brielle" he chastened, "You were born for one of these. You dont fool me." He grinned at her like she was a delicious treat, and her expression made him chuckle.

"Im defintely getting the Phantom. But you need a bike...cant you hear it calling your name..?"

He leant up and whispered in her ear,

"brielle, Brielle, Brielle..."

Brielle Acaana
Nov 18th, 2003, 12:14:43 AM
There was no conscious thought or plan of action on her part - it just happened.

Remkah's voice was soft and teasing in her ear, his breath warm and ticklish. It was then it came about.

Her hands shot out, thumbs placed in front of his ears and her fingers curling around the back of his head, drawing Rem the couple of inches closer that she needed.

Tilting her head slightly to the side, Brielle's soft lips slanted across his, claiming for the first time what she had wanted since their first meeting.

Beneath her hands, she felt Rem stiffen in surprise and for one horrible second, the blonde was afraid he would pull away.

Remkah
Nov 29th, 2003, 02:41:36 PM
The second passed, and Brielle felt his body relax and his smile break against her lips, which made her smile too. Its hard to kiss while smiling, and Remkah started to laugh a little.

He pulled back to look into Brielle's pretty eyes, bringing his hand up to stroke softly the hair that framed her face. Then, growing serious, he bent forward and kissed her properly, expressing in that one, gentle gesture how much he had wanted to do this.

Brielle Acaana
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:28:03 PM
It seemed that time stood still.

At least in her perception. His kiss was as she had known it would be. Flavored with a slight touch of cigarettes and alcohol and oh!, his lips so warm against her own.

"You an' tha' lil lady of your's would look real good t'gether on one a' these here bikes. I could e'en lower th' price if yer in the mind t' be a matchin pair."

Only the sandpaper voice of the Phantom speederbike salesman brought the Watch officer back to the here and now. Self-conciously Brielle let her hands drop back to her side as she sheepishly glanced around, wondering how many - if any - had taken notice of the couple.

A slow grin spread across Remkah's face as he turned his attention to the man.

Remkah
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:10:46 PM
"Sure, we'll take a look" he spoke, while slipping his hand into Brielle's and twisting his fingers into hers.

"But maybe something that is not quite so heavy for the lady.."

"Got just the thing!" the salesman chirped and led the way off to the next showcase.

Brielle Acaana
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:50:59 AM
As they followed the man, Brie leaned in close against Remkah, turning her face up to his.

"Rem, I wont ride unless youre here. It will only end up setting in my garage.."

Walking several feet ahead, the saleman was unaware of the conversation going on behind him. Proudly, he threw out a hand toward a sleek silver and black speeder, the highly polished chrome reflecting and distorting their images.

"Righ' here is th' perfect machine for th' lil lady. Not t' heavy but lots o' power. She'll be able t' keep up wit' th' Phantom for sure wit' this baby!"

Even Brielle had to step back and whistle at the sight. The chrome was more than eye-catching and together, she and Rem walked around the bike several times.

"Get on an' start 'er up. See if I aint tellin' th' truth."

Remkah
Dec 6th, 2003, 01:19:15 AM
Remkah nudged her - roughly - almost pushing off balance.

"On you get...I dare you"

HIs grin broadened as she took the challenge, and he could see her imagination light with the possibility of actually owning this bike.

"Now.....tell me you would never ride it."

Brielle Acaana
Dec 6th, 2003, 03:13:06 PM
"Once in a while...maybe on the weekends...if the weathers' good...I might. Still wouldnt be as much fun as having someone to ride with."

Her protestations didnt stop her from staying in the saddle, which fit her rump snuggly, almost molding to her backside. Grinning, her green eyes held a hint of mischief.

"Id have to take lessons. Someone would have to take the time to teach me how to drive one. Know anybody who might fill that bill?"

Remkah
Dec 6th, 2003, 04:41:14 PM
Remkah quoted the infamous Cyrus Haman for reply,

"I know a guy, who knows a guy. He'd even do it for free" he added with a wink.

The Faene Captain turned to the salesman.

"This is your lucky day, mate. I'll take this silver and the Phantom. Do you gift wrap?" The salesman hummed and hawed.

Remkah leaned forward to say in his trademark low, gravelled voice.

"That last part was a joke."

Shaking his head as he came round he lifted Brielle of the bike, almost nibbling her ear as he spoke to her.

"Im pretty hungry now. How 'bout you?"

Brielle Acaana
Dec 7th, 2003, 12:10:59 AM
As the salesman grinned from ear to ear and whipped out his datapad to tally up the cost, Brielle wrapped her arms around her companion's waist.

"Starved! That beer wasnt very filling."

A chuckle came from the man as he quoted price to Remkah, who already had his card out and now passed it to the clerk. It was only as an after thought that Brielle spoke up.

"Think he delivers?"

Remkah
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:38:23 PM
"Id say its a safe bet" he said entering the necessary information on the datapad for the Phantom to be delivered to Poseidons on Enton.

Looking up, he told the salesman they would be back to take possession of the silver bike in an hour or two.

"First food, then a lesson" he said to Brielle, conveying his intent to not let her get cold feet about riding.

"You'll do better on a full stomach"

Brielle Acaana
Dec 14th, 2003, 05:29:31 PM
"Today, you mean? Youre going to teach me in one day?"

She laughed then, her grin wide as green eyes crinkled.

"Rem, you have no idea of what youre saying - or the punishment youre in store for. It took my father months to teach me how to drive a speeder!"

The blonde watched as the transaction was completed and Remkah turned to face her with an amused smile.

"Sweetheart, youre looking at a man who doesnt know the meaning of the words 'what were you thinking?!' "

Tucking his card back into his well-worn wallet, Rem gave the man a nod and slipped an arm around Brielle's waist.

"Now, where to for dinner?"

Remkah
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:55:41 PM
The restaurant they chose was five or six blocks from the bike showrooms and the pair walked there at a leisurely pace, catching up on what they each had been up to.

Both had kept to generalizations, Remkah more so than Brielle, which was typical.

As they were seated in the cosy, yet elegantly furnished dining room, menus set before them and a glass of wine on the way for Brielle, a whiskey for Remkah, the Faene Captain decided to get more direct with his questions.

"So.....Brielle....seeing anyone?"

Brielle Acaana
Dec 22nd, 2003, 02:34:04 PM
Her eyes met his over the top of their menus. When Remkah got around to being direct, he left little room for doubt.

Looking back at her menu, Brie suddenly lost her appetite. If she answered him truthfully, this would be their last meeting and she knew it. But her character wouldnt allow her to lie...not to him.

Pretending to study the entrees before her, Brielle carefully kept her voice nuetral and hedged his question.

"Why do you ask?"

Remkah
Dec 26th, 2003, 06:01:55 PM
So she was.

His knowing smile said he had guessed as much, despite her vain attempt of aversion.

He put forward his hand, index finger clamping over the edge and lowering the menu Brielle was hiding behind.

"What's his name? He a cop too?"

His eyes still smiled at her, but in them she could see a soft vulnerablity in the dark pools as he waited to hear what he knew she couldn't deny.

Brielle Acaana
Dec 26th, 2003, 09:12:53 PM
"A Jedi."

Remkah's smile remained fixed as he swallowed that bit of information. Brielle continued, her gaze still on the menu.

"He's a Jedi Knight and his name is Dasquian Belargic. He's as tall as you, with the same slender build. His eyes are violet, he has long blonde hair, a failed marriage and one small daughter."

Acaana held a hand up in a 'stop' motion as their waiter moved toward their table. This wasnt the time or place for a baring of souls but once started, Brielle couldnt hold back.

"Dasquian and I care for one another. I like him alot and he feels the same about me. I dont know if it will become serious between us - his divorce has left him 'gunshy'."

Her eyes rose to meet his.

"Now Remkah, ask me why Im seeing another."

Remkah
Dec 27th, 2003, 02:28:29 PM
Brielle volunteered a little more information that he had been ready for, and Remkah wasn't quite sure how he felt about it. Of course she would fall for a Jedi...they are all so noble and good and probably smell nice too. Damn pretty boys, as Hera would say.

And just as he was keeping all those details of Brielle's new love down, she slapped him upside the head with her last words.

He looked away sheepishly, trying to dodge her line of fire.

"You're bored as hell..?" he offered stubbornly.

Brielle Acaana
Dec 27th, 2003, 02:55:19 PM
"Why did you ask if you dont want to hear the truth, Rem? So that you can find yet another excuse to stay away? It seems to me like you have enough of those already."

His lean jaw tightened and still he refused to look back at her.

"I did as you wanted - what you asked without actually saying the words. I stayed away and the only contact I made was when I sent you the gift, which I had promised Id do."

It was 'poor manners' where she was from to reach across the table but she did so now, taking his hand in both of hers.

"Look at me, Jonas. Tell me that youre not in love with me the same as I am with you. All I want is the truth about why you keep holding me at arms length, why you wont allow me inside your world. Is it because Im a cop? Is that it?"

Remkah
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:12:32 PM
Oh god, she used the "J" word - and now she was drilling him, leaving no wriggle room. Remkah squirmed in his chair.

He could see why she was a cop - and damn good one at that. With the same tenacity as she tackled issues on her job, she came after him. And he couldn't blame her. There was something undenyable between them - and given other circumstances, different backgrounds - they would never be having this conversation.

To keep the truth from her was unfair. But to tell her, was not an option. He had a loyalty to Hera long before he had known Brielle, and to tell this beautiful woman across from him that he was the right-hand man of the woman who murdered her father was unthinkable. Right now, she was angry with him. If she knew the truth- she would loath him. He couldn't bear that.

"Its part of it, yes. Im not about to ask you to change who you are, just as you cant ask me to change who I am."

He took her hand and traced his finger along it gently.

"Some things aren't meant to be Brielle."

He knew it was lame, and far less than she deserved. But he couldnt find the words that would make the situation less tormenting.

Brielle Acaana
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:36:09 PM
Change. It was such a small word to carry so much meaning at this moment.

"Being a cop isnt my whole life, Rem. Its all I had and all I wanted - until I met you. Theres nothing that says I have to be a law enforcement officer."

What was she doing?? He had just said that it could never be and here she was almost begging him to reconsider. Brielle grew silent as her mind tried to convince her heart to let the matter rest...and it was a most daunting task.

"If thats the way it has to be, then perhaps I should just go on home. I couldnt possibly eat anything and if I sit here I know I'll be thinking of ways to try and change your mind. And I dont want it to end that way."

Brie inched her way to the outside edge of her chair, preparing to rise.

"If you would...please come by and get the speeder bike. I couldnt possibly keep it now, though it was very generous of you to buy it for me."

Remkah
Dec 27th, 2003, 03:52:22 PM
He felt like he was having a heart attack. He couldn't breath. Could barely think. His palms were sweating and voice was a low croak.

"Dont go"

He grabbed her wrist.

"Not like this"

The pleading in his eyes was heart breaking, and he could feel the shudder in her resolve as it reverbated down her slender arm. A gentle tug coaxed her to sit back against the seat, although she knew it was against better judgement.

He took a calming breath to steady his speech.

"There are things you dont understand - things I cant explain. But you cant leave thinking this isn't tearing me up the way it is you..If I felt there was a way, I would do it. You just have to trust me on that."

Brielle Acaana
Dec 27th, 2003, 04:06:47 PM
"I do trust you, Remkah and I have from the very beginning. Youre not being mean or difficult - I know that, too. Just as I know that if you could reconcile whatever difference it is holding you back, you would. Your integrity has never been in doubt, Jonas...I just want to know why. Theres nothing you could tell me that would change the way I feel about you."

Gently sliding her wrist from his grip, Brielle curled her fingers into his.

"Youre a smuggler. I know that - no, I didnt check up on you or search the databases or anything like that. It was a gut feeling...that and the fact that Ive run into more than my share."

Brielle squeezed his hand lightly.

"I dont care. For the first time in my life, I dont care about someone breaking the law. I could turn a perfectly blind eye to it and sleep well at night."

Remkah
Dec 27th, 2003, 04:26:18 PM
He brought her hands to his lips and kissed them, savouring the touch. He knew he could take more - that she would gladly give it, but in his heart, he would be being false to her. He would not do that, not to Brielle. She was too dear.

He rested his cheek on the flat of her hand, willing the sensation to stay with him, wanting to carry it with him once she had gone.

And she would go.

And he would let her.

He lifted his eyes to hers, looking at her for long moments before he spoke.

"I love you Brielle. Dont ever doubt it."

He swallowed hard. There wasnt anything else that he could say, unless he told the whole truth. And he didn't have the courage to face her once she knew.

Sliding from the booth to stand, he lifted her to her feet, dropping enough credits to cover the wine and the time they'd taken up on the table.

"C'mon, I'll take you home"

Brielle Acaana
Dec 27th, 2003, 04:47:03 PM
Brielle nodded, not trusting her voice to remain level and not crack with the unshed tears threatening to spill from her eyes as she clung to Remkah's hand as if it were a lifeline, which it was. Her life that could be and never would. A lifetime of love, laughter and precious moments spent at his side flashed before moisture-filled green eyes.

Remkah guided her from the restaurant and she pressed close against him as they walked to her vehicle then slide inside. Their fingers remained entwined, each unwilling to lose a second of what rapidly dwindling time there was not touching one another.

Brielle drank in his profile as the lanky captain steered her speeder into the traffic lane that would bring them up level to her penthouse. It was happening too quickly and Brielle's heart railed against the inevitable as Rem gently eased the cherry red machine into it's niche in the rooftop garage.

Remkah
Dec 29th, 2003, 10:09:53 PM
He flicked his cigarette to arc momentarily in the air and then drop over the side wall of the parking perimeter. Stepping from the speeder, he reached into his pocket and fished out his pack in order to light another. He needed to do something mechanical to get through the next few moments.

Following the Watch officer to her door, Remkah deliberately stayed a few steps behind. Too close, was too close. He didnt trust himself, knew he had to be strong. Frack.

Brielle turned as she unlocked the door, waiting for him to catch up.

He looked at her with eyes that asked her forgiveness, even as he stood where he was.

"Im not coming in - I....Its best if I just go"

Brielle Acaana
Dec 29th, 2003, 10:50:36 PM
'Youre asking that we end it here and let it go without anything more than holding hands and a couple of kisses? Youre asking for more than I can bare, Jonas."

Brielle's hand remained on the door, her fingers tightly clenched on the handle and the knuckles showing white.

"I have something to ask you and beyond it, I wont ask anything from you again."

She held up her free hand, her index finger pointing toward the late afternoon sky.

"One night and no questions asked."

Remkah
Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:05:54 AM
He dropped his head, eyes looking to his booted feet planted firmly on the ground, unmoving.

His gravelled voice, low and quiet.

"Go inside, Brielle" he prompted.

For long moments he stood, the silence deafening, and he did not look up until he heard her go back in, the door closing with a soft "click" behind her. It felt like a bullet in his chest.

Lifting his head, looking finally to where Brielle had been, her beautiful eyes hurt, and brimming with hot, choked back tears until she finally turned and disapeared inside.

He remembered the night one time before, standing outside her motel room on Enton. She was then, as now, so close but infinitely so far out of his reach.

It was best this way, he told himself. He remained where he was, reluctant to do the final turn and walk away. She would be with the Jedi, someone more worthy - someone who she wouldn't be shamed for loving when she found out who exactly he was. It was best this way.

Looking over at the darkening sky, the deep blue and violet of the last fading light, he plunged his hands deep into his pockets and began to shuffle in his languidly-lanky way to the rooftop exit. Fingering the engraved lighter that was ever close to hand, Remkah glimpsed from the sky back one last time to the closed door.

Hell of a night for your heart to die in Coruscant.

Brielle Acaana
Jan 7th, 2004, 02:00:51 PM
This made two, now.

Two times she had stood by and watched love's heart beat its last. Two times she had watched as someone else made the decision to alter her life, her future. And what had she done about it?

Nothing.

In horror, Brielle had looked on as Hera DrenKast ended her father's life, unable to stop the carnage from a distance. And tonight, within mere inches of being able to touch the man she loved, Brielle again watched as hope flickered brightly for the barest of moments, then was snuffed out with one small, deliberate action on his part.

Two times.

There wouldnt be a third.

Never again would she open her heart and soul to another, to offer everything that she was and would be. Brielle could feel her defenses rising like an armoured sheild - tough and impenetrable.

Wiping away unshed tears with the back of one hand, she slipped off her black leather jacket and shoved it down the incinerator shute as she passed by on her way upstairs. A nice crackling fire sounded good and after gathering some discs that she had brought home from work and making coffee, Brie curled up on the bed with both hands wrapped around a steaming mug and her green eyes gliding back and forth along the small datapad screen.