PDA

View Full Version : The first home he's ever had. (open)

Soen Spellflinger
Sep 29th, 2003, 07:56:23 PM
Soen's never had a "home". Well, he did, for a little while, at least until his Force abilities showed themselves. No one in his hometown cared much about it; so he stopped a transport with his mind, big deal. Just means he's a Force user is all.

Timid Soen didn't see it that way. He saw it as an awful, horrible thing, and fled into the surrounding forests of his home planet. There, he met a reclusive man who taught him parlor tricks, and a little about his latent Force ability. When the old man died, he wandered to Coruscant, where he found himself poor and out of housing.

"This place rocks," he says quietly, smiling up at the castle. No one can bother him here. He can sit alone in the open without attracting nasty glares, and eat three square meals a day or more, if he feels so inclined. It's not much to most people, but to Soen, Castle Jomark is a paradise.

Jibrielle Abunai
Sep 30th, 2003, 05:20:38 PM
"Yeah, I like it, too."

The speaker of the girlish voice stepped beside Soen and glanced at him shyly. Grinning sheepishly, she ran her fingers through her blue hair. She was surprised when she heard of the splitting of the Black Hand, but obviously stuck to Hobgoblin's side.

"... I'm Jibrielle. Who are you ?"

Soen Spellflinger
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:24:42 PM
She's cute.

"Soen," he answers, scuffing the ground with his foot. "It's...um, nice to meet you."

More than that; she's not looking down her nose at him for being dirty, and she's not giggling at the upset gurgles of his empty stomach.

"Um...so, uh...Jibrielle, what're you doing here?"

Jibrielle Abunai
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:37:10 PM
"I live here."

Canting her head to the side, her dark eyes gazed imploringly at him. She had never seen Soen before, but then again, she hardly ever strayed from her room.

Soen Spellflinger
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:43:48 PM
He burns bright red.

"Yeah...um...I shoulda known it..." he mumbles embarrassedly. "Er...do you know that little guy?"

His mind has totally lost Hob's name. It'll come to him once Jibrielle's left, probably. And when it does, it's gonna make him mad enough to torch something.

Jibrielle Abunai
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:46:34 PM
She grinned crookedly, watching his complexion turn rather pink. He was adorable, in a lost puppy sort of way.

"Do you mean Sir Hob ?"

Soen Spellflinger
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:53:10 PM
He smiles at her.

"That's him. I guess he brought you here, too?"

Jibrielle Abunai
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:15:19 PM
"I guess you could say that."

Shrugging, she looked over at the looming castle before glancing back at Soen.

"How long have you been here for ?"

Soen Spellflinger
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:16:58 PM
"Just today. It was hard to get here. Hob made me memorize all the instructions b'cuz he wouldn't risk me losing them if he wrote 'em down. I forgot one part and couldn't fix it for about a week..."

Jibrielle Abunai
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:35:54 PM
"Sir's been one of the best things that's ever happened to me," she said quietly in reverance. "You're lucky to be accepted .."

And then, moving onto a brighter note:

"Do you want to play a game ?"

Soen Spellflinger
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:59:12 PM
"Sure!"

It's hard to keep the excitement from making his voice squeak. He's never been asked for anything, other to do a magic trick or empty his pockets of money.

Jibrielle Abunai
Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:48:41 PM
Grinning, she reached out and gave Soen a light push before breaking out into a run, heading for the castle.

"Tag, you're it !" she yelled out.

Soen Spellflinger
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:53:28 PM
Soen gives chase, trying not to trip over his magician's robes as he follows after her. He's not played tag since he was a child. And for the first time since then, he's having fun.

Jibrielle Abunai
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:21:52 PM
As she continued to run, Jibrielle glanced behind her at the boy. Big mistake. In an instant she tripped over her own feet and hit the ground, laughing. Her black, shapeless dress was now torn and dirty, but she didn't care. The girl tried to get up and run away before Soen tagged her.

Soen Spellflinger
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:04:36 PM
Soen stumbles, fingers brushing her dress as she gets up and runs.

"Almost!" he mutters, taking a breath and setting off after her once again. He's getting closer, ever closer to tagging her! He reaches out, running a little faster...

Jibrielle Abunai
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:31:14 PM
She began to run faster, her feet pounding on the hard earth. Her blue hair streamed behind her as her heart beated furiously. She hadn't run like this in awhile.

Soen Spellflinger
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:08:57 PM
His fingers brush her flowing hair, just enough that he knows he tagged her, but she's still unaware. He reaches again, looking to make a good tag, and trips over his robes to sprawl face first on the ground. His heart sinks; he just made a fool of himself in front of a pretty girl.

"Way to go, Grace..." he mumbles at himself.