PDA

View Full Version : Gutter-rat Aristocrat [Lariat]

Kolya Van-Metzger
Sep 26th, 2003, 04:08:53 PM
"Twenty says the butcher kills him in round one!"
"Forty on the newcomer!"
"Forty five that butcher gets put out!"

Kolya fell back, landing hard on the wooden stool in the corner of the improptu twenty foot ring, looking more shocked than hurt. His opponent, a giant of a man, grinned stupidly - a headbutt to the face had some serious stopping power. In retrospect, perhaps he should have wondered why Kolya didn't pass out from the pain and shock, or have a nose burst open across half of his face, but bare-knuckle fighters are never much given to introspection. Especially not when pumped up on so many drugs and adrenaline as this one had been taking, and when against an opponent like Kolya. When fighting someone like him, any hit was a good hit.

Van-Metzger staggered forward again, turning a deceptively graceless lurch into a quick jab to the face of the other man, repaying him for the headbutt. He looked up for a second, seeing a face in the crowded bar, and was distracted for a second, in suprise at seeing him.

now thats.....

Another headbutt broke the lank-haired maniac's nose quite comprehensively, and interrupted his train of thought.

Black and silver sparks flashed in front of his eyes as he sank to the floor, the noise of the cheering ringing in his ears.

About ten minutes later, the now-drunken victorious prizefighter lurched out of the pub, singing something lewd. The shadows shifted behind him as he walked, and a large dark grey wolf appeared at his side.

"Nice doggy..." he hazarded, barely able to stand upright. "Who's a good doggy...."

The creature, standing four foot tall at the shoulder, with bristling fur and baleful saffron eyes rolled back its black upper lip, revealing a mouthful of yellowing fangs. The drunk stopped walking, and suddenly started paying attention, hitching his collar up and backing down slowly.

Maybe he saw something in the eyes which he recognised, ar maybe just did the first thing which came to mind, but he reached into his coat and pulled out a wad of notes - his winnings from the prizefight.

"Here... take it... it doesn't matter anyway...." he gabbled, throwing the notes on the floor, and fleeing for his life.

Picking up the notes in his mouth, Kolya slunk back to the safety of the alleyway beside the establishment, and a series of crackling joints was heard, accompanied with a fibrous stretching, such as that of muscle and bone rearranging itself, in a potentially painful process. A rustle of fabric, and the thump of a leather coat being donned, and he returned to the street, then with a moments thought, returned to the welcoming atmosphere of the pub.

Lariat Van-Metzger
Sep 27th, 2003, 03:49:28 AM
The pub had descended back into its usual state. It was an eternal cycle of drinking, accusing someone of stealing your drink, punching them, then drinking with them to apologize. By the end of the night you were usually totally slaughtered and sitting with a group of people who had minutes ago thumped you to the brink of death.

The soft pat-pat of a thousand gnats clapping their hands filled Koyla’s ears.

If there was a class system of the patrons (if you could even call them that) within the bar, this man would be somewhere near the top. Lariat Van-Metzger did not stand as tall or as broad as his sibling, and in fact the majority of the people here, but he had a certain aura about him that spoke of power.

There were rumors about him and rumors are a powerful thing. First you broke a barstool, then you burnt down a bar, and before you know it you flayed a whole village simply because the bartender didn’t give you a clean glass.

The trying-to-be-a suit helped too. Shabby smart, covered by a deep leather coat.

“Bravo, little brother.”

Kolya Van-Metzger
Sep 27th, 2003, 04:03:28 AM
Kolya turned around, pint glass in hand, and looked into the face of the man who had distracted him from the fight.

"You made me lose my fight." he said, feigning anger at his older, classier brother. The charade broke down instantly as a wide grin split his face, and he embraced his sibling.

"Good to see you down here," he continued, directing his brother to a stool next to him and buying him a pint. In a clean glass. "Didn't expect you to be down here with the..." he gestured expansively "Plebs."

He took a draught of his pint, and grinned again, still buzzing from the fight.

Lariat Van-Metzger
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:38:03 AM
“Come now,”

Lariat wet his whistle with the stout pint. There was something about bar-tapped beer that you couldn’t buy anywhere else. Something like a certain… I don’t know what. Possibly mold.

“You don’t think I’d miss my little brothers fight, do you?”

He flashed a grin. A distinctly pointy one at that.

“Although that isn’t the sole reason.”

The Lupine smiled thinly as his brother rolled his eyes, having seen that one coming.

“We have business to speak of.”

Preacher Blake
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:07:57 PM
An imposing figure entered the bar, taking a seat several spots down from the Van Metzger brothers. His eyes drifted in their direction for a moment, before turning away, and to the bartender to place his order. He kept to himself, hunched over the bar as he waited for his beer.

Kolya Van-Metzger
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:49:48 PM
Kolya nodded slightly in acknowledgement to his brother, and was about to speak when he noticed the other Lupine. Big, heavily-armed, and what in his professional opinion the look of someone who fought to kill, rather than simply win.

The bar quietened slightly as he felt the man's eyes on the back of his neck for a second. There was a collective sound of the whole bar holding their breath to see if he would take it as a challenge. He supped his pint.

"What business?" he replied calmly to his brother.

Lariat Van-Metzger
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:57:08 PM
“Business.”

Someone evidently caught the hush-hush tone that Lariat had spoken in and shot him a curious/nosey glance. He returned it with a collected smile and for a brief moment found his gaze resting on the unmistakable form of one Preacher Blake.

“You are to accompany me on an ambassadorial mission to the home of Clan Van-Derveld. We have a message to deliver to the Alpha that I believe he will most interested and pleased to hear.”

Kolya Van-Metzger
Sep 30th, 2003, 12:02:26 PM
Kolya smiled wryly, swirling the dregs of his glass for a second.

"So the rumours are true then?" he enquired, canting his head to one side and fixing his brother with an inquisitive stare.

"The traitorous whelp is dead?"

Lariat Van-Metzger
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:17:21 AM
“That he is. Killed by a human, a hunter no less. It seems the might Van-Derveld was not all the others would have lead us to believe,” Lariat scoffed.

“His death shall be a blessing upon our cause, of that I am sure. Once less meddlesome Force user in the galaxy.”

Preacher Blake
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:17:49 PM
"Indeed"

The big man's low voice sounded in approval of the Van-Metzger's conspiring. He rose from his seat, looking at both of the men.

Kolya Van-Metzger
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:49:07 PM
Kolya turned, startled, at the sudden interruption, and flinched momentarily into a semi-defensive pose in his seat, before quickly regaining composure.

He simply nodded, not being much of a one for self-congratulatory behaviour, and especially not one for congratulating himself for the deeds of others. The massive form of Preacher Blake towering over him made him uneasy, despite his alliance to the cause. Van-Metzger stood up, as if to welcome the dark Lupine to their circle, then leaned against the bar.

Lariat Van-Metzger
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:09:28 AM
For a moment, Lariat simply studied the huge form before him before drawing a sound mental conclusion.

“Preacher Blake, I presume?”

He smiled thinly.

“How fortunate that you overheard us. My brother and I are going to need directions to the Schwartzweld… and I believe you could facilitate our needs.”