PDA

View Full Version : Heads up LOTR fans.....

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2003, 03:57:25 PM
ROTK TRAILER IS RELEASED TOMORROW!

Figrin D'an
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:05:57 PM
It's supposed to play in front of "Secondhand Lions" here in the US. I'm guess that this, being the first trailer, won't be as revealing as the second trailer will be.

But, we shall see.

Charley
Sep 25th, 2003, 07:43:11 PM
So they didn't stick one on the TTT dvd?

Figrin D'an
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:33:12 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
So they didn't stick one on the TTT dvd?

They did... it was a little 10 minute preview thingie, like they did on the FOTR DVD for TTT. (Which was very cool... Pelannor Fields and the siege of Minas Tirith are going to makes Helm's Deep look like happy-action-fun-time.) I thing everyone is mearly hoping to see something new in the trailer that wasn't in the preview on the DVD.

James Prent
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:58:22 PM
Secondhand Lions opened last week, though. :huh

Figrin D'an
Sep 25th, 2003, 10:19:19 PM
Originally posted by James Prent
Secondhand Lions opened last week, though. :huh

I know... it's still going to playing in front of this film, because it's the major release from New Line right now.

The drawback is that, because it's up to individual theatres to change their preview reels, there's no guarentee that it'll play in front of the film if you go to a theatre with lazy projector operators.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 25th, 2003, 11:06:55 PM
Yeah, Secondhand Lions was released a week early here because it finished early, but the ROTK trailer is still starting when it would have normally opened. :)

As for me, I'll just find it by other means... ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2003, 11:51:08 PM
what's in the trailer is much different to what's in the DVD preview. Go to www.theonering.net for details if you dont mind spoliers

Kelt Simoson
Sep 26th, 2003, 10:13:29 AM
Whoo, Faramir in Gondor Armor...goodygoodgood :D

ReaperFett
Sep 26th, 2003, 12:44:49 PM
Saw it with Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Too spoiler-y, but a lot better than the TTT one.

Figrin D'an
Sep 26th, 2003, 10:27:19 PM
I found a rip of it... not bad... a little bit difficult to see, so I'll probably grab the official online release next week.

Content-wise... looks very good.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:50:36 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Too spoiler-y, but a lot better than the TTT one.

Forget the fact that a book containing the contents of the movie was released ages ago. :p

I still haven't seen TTT. I'll probably just wait and watch my brother's DVD, then go see ROTK when it's in theaters.

ReaperFett
Sep 28th, 2003, 05:04:13 PM
But what book readers NEED to watch a trailer? They don't need convincing, do they? The non-readers get affected though.

Charley
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:15:29 PM
Sorry, but the book argument really raises my hackles. LotR may be more common on your bookshelf than the bible or an encyclopedia, but its not a movie prerequisite, folks.

James Prent
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:50:54 AM
He was just making a point about spoilers for people who HAVE read the books. I think. ^_^;

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:28:52 AM
Interesting trailer. Verrrrrrry interesting gave nothing away.

Didnt match the TTT trailer tho.

Baron Marco Van Derveld
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:37:22 AM
I guess I was the only one put off by the TTT spot...though mainly due to the music than the actual content.

Requiem for a Dream in any form, makes bile rise in my throat.

James Prent
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:16:54 AM
I liked the music. :mneh

Alpha
Sep 29th, 2003, 06:41:56 AM
lol. same here. :)

Figrin D'an
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:50:42 PM
Keep in mind too, there will probably be another trailer released in November to give the hype a little bit of a booster shot. I've found that the second trailer for both FOTR and TTT was better than the first one. So, we may yet get more visual goodness before the film hits theatres in December.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:23:11 PM
I was making a joke, actually.

It was loosely based on the fact that it is difficult to spoil a movie which has been a part of popular culture in book form for many years, especially since many people went out and read all three LOTR books back when the first movie was released. :)

So hackles down, boy.

Fin'grin N'ads
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:32:51 PM
that's
PelEnnor Fields.
:crack

Preacher Blake
Sep 29th, 2003, 03:26:15 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
I was making a joke, actually.

It was loosely based on the fact that it is difficult to spoil a movie which has been a part of popular culture in book form for many years, especially since many people went out and read all three LOTR books back when the first movie was released. :)

So hackles down, boy.

I didn't, and have no plans to do so. Therefore, its pretty easy to spoil.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:28:12 PM
I guess I was the only one put off by the TTT spot...though mainly due to the music than the actual content.

Requiem for a Dream in any form, makes bile rise in my throat.

Oh good! I'm not alone. :)

Thought I still haven't seen the trailer. :(

Galak Neeus
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:36:27 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry

You'd be suprised:

A - How easy it has been to know NOTHING about LOTR.

B - How many I've met who have never read a full LOTR novel.