PDA

View Full Version : So, this is how Frodo found his way...

Figrin D'an
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:35:02 AM
http://www.ooblick.com/text/tomordor/

Hobbits are cyber-savy, apparently.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 25th, 2003, 02:07:56 AM
:lol

Too good! :D

Jhoram Hyde
Sep 25th, 2003, 02:59:01 AM
Cute! :)

Darth Viscera
Sep 25th, 2003, 05:21:10 AM
Had Frodo truly been savvy, he would have taken advantage of Gandalf's fondness of weed and sold him a kilo in exchange for a day with Gwaihir, taken a round-trip flight to Mt. Doom, tossed the ring in, and been back in time for second breakfast. Then he could have set the whole Shire to work pumping out weed for sale to Bree, used his cash to set himself up as Generalissimo of the Shire, and had enough cash on hand to buy the Kingdom of Arnor.

Taylor Millard
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:22:45 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Had Frodo truly been savvy, he would have taken advantage of Gandalf's fondness of weed and sold him a kilo in exchange for a day with Gwaihir...

That was Pipe Tobacco they were smoking, not weed!

If you smoke weed in a regular briar pipe (the kind of wood Gandalf used for his smoking) it would burn too hot and either:

A) Melted the stem

or

B) Burnt a hole in the wood.

Either way...they weren't smoking weed. In the books it was pipe tobacco.

'sides...do ya think Savenelli (respected pipe maker) woulda come out with a 'Gandalf' churchwarden if it'd actually been weed?

I dun think so. :p

darth_mcbain
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:44:41 AM
That's awesome... I love the disclaimer at the bottom...

When using any walking directions or map, it is a good idea to stop at an inn or hostelry and inquire about news from abroad. Find out whether any wars are brewing, and if so, whether agents of the enemy are pursuing you. This is only an aid in planning. Your eventual route and mileage may vary.

Darth Viscera
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:36:55 AM
no way, it was pipe weed!

Preacher Blake
Sep 25th, 2003, 10:22:45 AM
Taylor's right. You can't smoke pot in those kinds of pipes, the heat is too much for them.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 25th, 2003, 10:54:19 AM
They call is "leaf" in the books, not weed, anyway.

Darth Viscera
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:06:33 PM
No, the substance is called Pipe-weed, Tobacco, and Halflings' Leaf.

Which is why I called it weed. Just because I say weed doesn't mean I'm referring to marijuana.