PDA

View Full Version : I'm impressed

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:08:29 PM
A co-worker was talking about these forums during lunch and I had to check them out myself. Impressive! In fact, I joined shortly after reviewing a few forums and jumped in on an open thread.

I'm not new to RPG, but I am very new to the forums. Seems pretty easy to get a hang of and doesn't seem to be all that much different than RPG on IRC. Aside from having to wait for others to post, but that's kind of nice. No rush in doing anything. :)

Anyways, I just wanted to give a two thumbs up and congratulate you on creating such an impressive community.

Zasz Grimm
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:42:38 PM
Welcome to SWF. We're glad to have you aboard.

Just watch out for the ever present lunatics, and you'll be alright. And from what I've seen from your post in Roleplaying, your a pretty darn good writer.

Just be sure to follow the set rules, and everyone will be happy. (Otherwise known as reading the FAQ, thus keeping Charley happy.)

Hope you have fun roleplaying. If you need anything, just ask around. We have a mentor thread at the top of this forum, if you feel you need one.

:)

Alpha
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:47:32 PM
Welcome to SWFans. :) Hope you enjoy your stay. Emergency exits are at your left, right, and behind you. :D

Oh, and those Lunatics Zasz mentioned are everywhere. :D Heck, most of the posters round her are lunatics. :D

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:48:52 PM
Much obliged and thank you for the welcome and the compliment. I've read over the FAQ (Well, most of it) and I have no idea who Charley is :)

Kelt Simoson
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:51:23 PM
Lunitics residents are:

Charley: AKA Agent Charley: The Killer One
Morgan: The Grumpy One
Zeke: The Happy Nutty One
Dru: The Bald One
Marcus: The One with the Pan
Vega: The 'keep it in the family' One
Fett: The Crack Joke One
Me: The Lazy One

Unless im mistaken i think thats all you have to look out for...

Darth Bubbles
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:51:50 PM
*Hops out of a small trap door in the floor*

You will find out whot charley is... Pardon me... I just hopped in for a Bite...

*pounces at Alpha's neck trying to chew his head off*

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:54:39 PM
I just about fell off my chair laughing! A bunny with a lightsaber, that's great :) Thanks Alpha, Kelt and Bubbles; I'll keep my eye out for the lunatics and a clear path to the exits :D

Zasz Grimm
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:55:05 PM
Charley is one of the roleplaying moderators, who strictly enforces the rules. Try not the break them, a run in with him when he's aggrivated at someone is not a good deal.

But otherwise he's just a knucklehead.

And it's no problem.

Charley
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:55:36 PM
Originally posted by Rhiannon
I've read over the FAQ (Well, most of it) and I have no idea who Charley is :)

Good...good. Carry on then, and welcome.

:cool

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:08:34 PM

:uhoh what scandalous lies are you spreading about me

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:11:50 PM
-Will cover her ears to avoid scandals?-

Greetings, Charley and thank you much!

-Carries on -

Darth Bubbles
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:11:58 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
:uhoh what scandalous lies are you spreading about me

I'm sure they are only spreading the true lies ... :)

*continues to chew on Alpha's neck*

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:13:23 PM
True lies... oxymoron anyone? :D

Figrin D'an
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:19:51 PM
Way to try to scare the newbie, guys... :rolleyes

In all seriousness, most people around here are nice, and easy to talk to and get along with. Just ask when you have questions about rules or RP in general, and you'll find yourself fitting in quite well. :)

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:25:28 PM
:) Thank you, Figrin. I suppose I'll ask a question I just though of now then.

I wasn't sure if I could start out with a new thread or if it's best to just find one to squeeze into and begin there. Any tips, advice or helpful suggestions about starting your own new thread?

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:31:49 PM
Just set the scene and give it a direction. People will jump in and things'll get rollin'. If you want something more controlled, you can make an OOC post here with the [RP] sticker on it and advertise for a certain kind of person/storyline.

Figrin D'an
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:32:41 PM
Well, it kind of depends upon what type of character to intend to play how you intend to develop him/her. For example, if you intend to play a Force user intent on becoming a Jedi, Dark Jedi or Sith, most people like to set up a thread in which the person is "discovered," in one way or another. Every group has it's own preferred methods, so it's probably wise to talk to members of those groups in which you are interested.

Or, if you want to remain independant, just start with an RP that will serve introduce your character and be informative regarding background, personality, talents and skills, etc.

It's really up to you.

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:37:08 PM
Hm. All right, thanks again :) I haven't really decided if I would like Rhiannon to use the force or not. I thought maybe developing a storyline involving the Merchant's Guild as that's already set up in Rhiannon's background history. I'll think on it a bit before I try to post my own thread :)

Crystal
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:40:25 PM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
Lunitics residents are:

:cry No one mentioned me.

And welcome to the board.. you seem like you'll fit in well. :)

You can type gooders! :D

I'm just the person who hangs out in the OOC forums, I don't RP anymore :)

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:43:24 PM
:) Well thank you, Crystal. It's nice to meet you, along with everyone else.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:59:51 PM
Welcome to SWFans.net forums!

As the basics have already been covered by... well, just about everyone else, I will simply add that there is a mentoring thread you can post to if you'd like someone to help you in a one-on-one fashion.

It is good to have a new participant! Please come back and see us!

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:05:07 PM
Much thanks to you, Pierce Tondry :)

I think the only thing I'm about stuck on at the moment is dreaming up that new thread I mentioned. It's been a long day and my brain is fried at the moment, so thinking isn't exactly an option. Im in no rush so perhaps a good night's rest will help stir the creative juices some :)

Pierce Tondry
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:09:21 PM
Take your time- there's certainly no rush. The better you flesh out your idea, the more enjoyment you and others who RP with you are likely to get out of it.

Any other questions you have, just ask and someone vaguely important and authoritative might answer.

Wow, I sound like an old codger imparting wisdom to a young'un. :)

William Belargic
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:09:28 PM
Seems everyone else has covered everything you might need to know to get started.

But I do send my own greetings in welcoming you to the boards! :)

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:39:29 PM
And I send my thanks to you as well, William (that char pic is so hot!) Sorry, had to say that :p

And for Pierce:

*In a youngun's voice* "Golly gee thanks, granddaddy! Will ya' tell me a bed time story too!? Huh? Huh? Pwetty pwease!?"

:P

There! Now you should feel like an old codger for sure!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:44:33 PM
:wave Welcome to the boards, Rhiannon! If you have any questions my AIM name is HollieBelle2 and if I'm around I'll be happy to help you out. :)

Pierce Tondry
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:45:18 PM
Why you little! :grumble

Don't make me give you a spanking! :spank

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 04:49:10 PM
:) Hi Lilaena! Thank you very much, too. I don't have AIM yet. I'm hoping to be moving monday but that depends on a few issues.

*Keeps fingers crossed*

Hey hey! No spanking of the newbies! I saw that in the FAQ! *Hurries up and scribbles that in the FAQ .. er . .. somewhere*

LOL I like that little emoticon.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:00:11 PM
Wow, I sound like an old codger imparting wisdom to a young'un.

Uh.... because you are? *smiles sweetly*

Welcome aboard! :) It's always good to have new people, especially if they can write. :D

Lady Vader
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:07:21 PM
Yes, yes... writing skillz is a GOOD thing. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:16:36 PM
So you work with someone who posts here? Who is it, if I may be so bold as to inquire...if you know their 'handle' here, that is. :)

Alpha
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:23:21 PM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
Lunitics residents are:

He forgot me too...:( :) Oh well, I'm just an all around lunatic, so I guess I don't get special mention.

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:23:49 PM
Thanks again, all :)

Yes, I work with 'Syren' . Hmm. Now that I think about it, we've worked together for the past two or three years. She's been telling me about this place for a while now and then I forgot all about it until I heard her talking with another co-worker during lunch. :) Had to jump in and get the scoop again!

Myself, I've been roleplaying for about four years now I think it is on an IRC server; I never really even visited any forums until she sent me the link to SWFans here. She hosts my sig for me too :p I'm too lazy to get my own domain or sign up for an account anywhere. I know, my bad :(

But, I'm glad she did :) Everyone seems as nice as she has said they are and from the posts I've read, there are many talented people!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:29:25 PM
Awesome! We have people recruiting!

*rubs hands together evilly* Soon, ve vill take over ze vurld!

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:37:31 PM
lol Well, I can tell you this. One more of our co-workers has joined here too today, but he hasn't made any posts yet :( I think he's waiting for his signature to be finished.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:19:56 PM
Morning everyone! Well, it's night time here, but it's bound to be morning for someone!

Freya Vega
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:31:48 PM
*sneaks up on the newbie, wearing a gorilla mask, makes a slight hand motion, hoping for approval, gets no sign, so jumps at Rhiannon*

BOOOGAHBOOGAH!

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:51:11 PM
ACK! *thuds

:) Nice mask :p

And thank you, Wei! I appreciate that you've joined the thread :)

Freya Vega
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:52:29 PM
*takes off mask and grins*

Oh, and some of us here have a no clothes policy, but that's only the Jedi..........

*helps Rhiannon up*

So, welcome aboard and don't touch my man!

*covets Wei!*

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:54:26 PM
lol :) No worries. Rhiannon isn't the type to go after anyone's man and I don't think she'll ever be with anyone. Havent thought that far ahead, truth be told.

The Jedi have those funky, albeit itchy, robes to wear, so they don't need clothes apparently :p

Freya Vega
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:57:24 PM
I read your thread, I might join up, and beat the crap outta that SecCorp guy, he sounds like a bastard.

But yeah, no touchie Wei, cos he's my (Angelica Shin, another char. of mine) MAN!

Do I sound possesive?

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:02:13 PM
LOL No, not at all :p

:) Great! Feel free to join in when you can

Sene Unty
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:16:27 PM
Welcome to the boards...enjoy your stay :D

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:23:44 PM
And I might join in on the secCorps guy's side....

Good evening, / Morning / afternoon.

I am one of the aforementioned nut cases, so consider this a formal introduction. Many people know that I have a perchant for invention and absurdist humour, which leads to wacky and off beat Force Powers. Now, while it is indeed the case that my modus Operandi is a steel frying pan, smacked down upon the victims head (And there there have been 162 pannings dealt out to seperate people over the last 4.5 years, plus, I make sure that any pannings given are done to provoke maximum humour), there are other ways that i might show up to deal out a humour based and absurd smiting.

So, seeming as you new and all, I have a question. Are you wearing underpants?

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:43:31 PM
ROFL

I'm laughing so hard, I think I just might pee my pants!

No, I'm not wearing underpants. Thongs do not qualify as underpants. :p

And thank you for that very humorous welcome :)

I'd be absolutely splendid if you do join the thread as one of the Corsec guys!

And I keep getting blank emails from the webmaster@sw.fans whats up with that?

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:53:16 PM
Your wearing a G-String!

EVEN BETTER TO WEDGY YOU WITH!!! :evil

FORCE WEDGY!!!!

HOIK!!!

(Now that's one thing I've never worked out. What is the sound of a Wedgy? What describes the moment in time, after the attacker has taken hold of the victims underwear, that the underwear is pulled violently upwards? I mean, you can imagine the look of surprise and then anguish on the victims face as their underwear is pulled up so high that it can be tied to their ears, the way the cloth and elastic combines to create that unquie wedgy effect. You can imagine the look of triumph on the attackers face afterwards, the satisfaction on the infliction of so much discomfort and belittlement in one easy and simple motion.

But the sound.... what is the sound? Is it a Zort? a Narf? A BOING!? A chipmunk singing April Levine's "Mobile"? The sound of two roses exploding for no particular good reason? The sound of a burning Budgie, rudely awoken by an IRA alarm clock? I ask you, what do you think the sound is?

Of course we know the sound of the victim sort of sounds like.......

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:13:09 PM
LMAO!

TheHolo.Net
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:26:42 PM
Originally posted by RhiannonAnd I keep getting blank emails from the webmaster@sw.fans whats up with that? I am webmaster@sw-fans.net and I'm not sending you any blank emails. I just checked thread subscriptions and I got a complete subscription reply notice just as it should be. So I am not sure what is going on then.

Maybe you should unsubscribe in your userCP and resubscribe to the thread with the link near the bottom of the thread or with the email notification check box clicked on your next reply if it seems to be related to subscriptions.

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:29:21 PM
Aha! I'll try that. I had 3 that were blank and I was wondering what the heck happened. Possibly my comp is on the fritz again; it has been acting pretty weird lately.

Thanks, Admin -person :)

imported_Ezra
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:30:18 PM
*runs in*

sowwy me late! WELCOME ABOARD!! I dont post here that much sooooooo......enjoy your stay, see ya inna RP somewhere Im sure....kthxbye

*zips out*

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:34:32 PM
Heh! Muchos gracias! Hope to see you around sometime *waves

Lady Vader
Sep 24th, 2003, 11:42:31 PM
And there there have been 162 pannings dealt out to seperate people over the last 4.5 years

*Displays plaque of "Many Pannings" proudly.*

I still hold the record for being the most panned! :p

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 11:45:56 PM
:wave :mischief :rollin

Lady Vader
Sep 24th, 2003, 11:46:55 PM
o_O :wave :p

(Smiley talk. Easy to translate... if you know how to read it.)

Rhiannon
Sep 24th, 2003, 11:49:43 PM
lol, I like smiley talk. Besides, some of these emotes are cute :)

Lady Vader
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:02:34 AM
Yeah, they are lots of fun. :crack

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:52:41 AM
come to think of it, you have escaped panning for too long.

FORCE FRYING PAN!!!

WHAM!!!

(Good thing I know the noise for this one. WHAM, WHACK, CRACK, KERPOW work well to describe the sound. Thence, I can get on with the description of the implausible and sometimes hilarious results..... IE in this case, Lady Vader being belted high into the air, where she is injested into a jumbo jet's motor. The pieces of the said Lady Vader float back to the ground in the form of a thin red spray, which land on the garden of Old Mother Hubbard. Said garden next year produces odd shaped cat like vegies that promptly bite and claw anyone trying to pick them)

imported_Ezra
Sep 25th, 2003, 02:51:55 AM
mmmmm...dandelion:mischief

Jhoram Hyde
Sep 25th, 2003, 03:24:54 AM
Greetings Rhiannon! ;)

Park Kraken
Sep 25th, 2003, 05:15:13 AM
Hello there. SecCorps eh? Just to let you know, I am one of the more active Imperial members of the board, or was until my exile into the unknown regions. Join me, but for what, I don't know becuase I definitly won't be ruling the galaxy anytime soon, just a small patch of the Unknown regions.

Lady Vader
Sep 25th, 2003, 11:27:10 AM
*GNASH... CLAW... BITE!* <-- dandeLIONs

:lol

That's gotta be the most creative panning I have ever received from you, Marcus! This one's definitely going in the record book! :lol

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:25:14 PM
How the frudge did I miss this? Stupid programming... stupid sickness... yay for social life!

Anywho, welcome and enjoy. :wave

Rhiannon
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:59:22 PM
:) Thanks Nathanial. This is very amusing, is it not?

Alpha
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:00:53 PM
oh this is normal for us. :) You have not yet begun to enjoy the insanity. :D

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:06:42 PM
It does indeed get worse. Much worse.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:11:05 PM
I am not doing Nude Ranger right now. I believe she's resonably safe.

Rhiannon
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:13:49 PM
LOL I can only imagine :p

Hi Admiral, Sene and Jh.. Jh ... yeah! That nickname :p

Admiral, why were you exiled?

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:22:18 PM
as long as he doesn't do the attack that must not be named, we'll be fine.... :)

Alpha
Sep 25th, 2003, 06:34:58 PM
You mean the Force Titanic Theme? :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 25th, 2003, 06:51:53 PM
This is very amusing, is it not?

In reply....

am not doing Nude Ranger right now.

You mean the Force Titanic Theme?

Quite.

Heretic
Sep 25th, 2003, 07:45:04 PM
Ahhh, here you are Rhiannon. Finally found you and this place as well. Hello everyone. I read through this thread and I would be that other co-worker Rhiannon was speaking of.

Nice forums you have set up here. I think I will enjoy myself here very much.

However, I will refrain from posting until I've finished compiling Heretic's background history. I do hope you like it.

imported_Kanji
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:00:38 PM
:wave @ new persons.

Feed me! ^_^

Rhiannon
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:04:07 PM
Oh he doesn't taste too good :P

I'm sure I'll love it, Heretic. Now, get off my phone and finish writing that up :p

Hi Kanji!