PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR Sequel?

Figrin D'an
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:12:37 PM
Current rumors are hinting towards it...

I read in EGM that, because of it's great success, a sequel to Knights of the Old Republic is already in the works. Whether or not it will be an entirely new title, or released as an expansion pack, is as of yet unknown. Bioware isn't saying anything official yet, either.

I also read that another Star Wars title may be in works (not sure by which software company) that would be more action-oriented title, with multi-player online play options. The brief description I read said that it would be like Battlefield 1942 in the Star Wars universe.

Both, even in basic rumor form, sound pretty cool.

ReaperFett
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:44:50 PM
JA might already do that. Siege mode has Swoops and AT-STs. Any person could make a map with the ridable vehicles, and there is either a secret or unfinished map which was X-Wings and TIEs in space.

Figrin D'an
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:54:34 PM
There are still major differences between the JA "easter eggs" and a full fledged tactical battle simulation like BF1942. Being able to play as a Rebel/Republic/Imperial soldier in a large scale battle with flagged goals of seige/assault/defend/etc is a bit different from playing as a Jedi driving a swoop or AT-ST.

ReaperFett
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:19:52 PM
Fig, the JA Siege is goals of attack and defend.

Figrin D'an
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:27:42 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Fig, the JA Siege is goals of attack and defend.

Fett, it's still different from a BF1942-like interface.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:10:40 PM
Well, there is Republic Command in the works supposedly, thats probably what you're thinking of, Fig. Built on the UT2k3 engine.

Figrin D'an
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:15:24 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Well, there is Republic Command in the works supposedly, thats probably what you're thinking of, Fig. Built on the UT2k3 engine.

It's possible... the article I read wasn't all that specific, unfortunately.

I want the PC version of KOTOR soon... preferably yesterday... :(

Park Kraken
Sep 24th, 2003, 11:06:58 AM
Could they make a Battlefield 1942 style game on the X-box?

Morgan Evanar
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:07:13 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
Could they make a Battlefield 1942 style game on the X-box? No technical reason not to.